Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto (49778 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / Tale's From FGC Vandeikya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by motion78(m): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
Fikfaknuel please let nothing happen to john.
Abeg make him no kpai as the story dey hot.
The story is superb and well served.op i gat ur back bt no forget to mention me for ur next update o!

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by emitheo(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2016
See as i dey follow this story like say my life depends on am......OP more engine oil to ur elbow.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by tooblessed123: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I doff my hat to you!!
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2016
Good Work bro..... Itesiwaju stori yi, loje wa logun!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2016
Wetin dey shele naw, what's happening
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
Emma do make u come update na....
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Wetin dey shele naw, what's happening

Guy no be u I see for Solomon brown "Choices" just now
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
Favou:

Guy no be u I see for Solomon brown "Choices" just now
Haha my guy I'm a 'versatile' reader grin
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2016
Op.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 12:22am On Sep 29, 2016
Suliyat shifted closer to the old woman "What do you mean?"

Mama Saliu coughed thrice, very dry and pitiful, but all pity that remained in Suliyat had been thrown off the surface of Earth. She just cared for the truth, and John.

"Wetin dat one dey talk?" the old woman asked Ebeyo weakly, she couldn't hear English.

The fat woman, the floor-ridden person's former client did a better job, by explaining what the journalist wanted to ask Mama Saliu.

"I know it !" suliyat screamed, as everybody looked at her surprised, including John, who was now experiencing something inside of him, but he refused to let it show, even though sweat trickled down his face like rain being forced from the clouds. He gropled his belly in pain, he couldn't fight no more.

Suliyat moved closer to him, supporting his weight with her body. "the woman who was acting mysteriously outside the gate. When you asked her where you should drop the key, she said 'if' you came out, not 'when'. She knows something, and this woman knows too"

Too puzzled, was John, as he saw pigs swimming in the air, he knew something fatal was happening to him, and he couldn't resist, he was going to go down, like a helpless cockroach, without a fight.

"What have you done to me?" he raged, approaching the woman, staggering, still clutching the sides of his belly.

The old woman seemed to be ready to talk, but not because she heard the incessant gibberish called English which John spewed, but because, her conscience was eating her up inside.

"I be herbalist" the woman said softly that it almost came out like a whisper. However, it wasn't the information any of them present wanted to know. "that woman, wey give you the key, she be my" the old woman coughed more severly, sitting up as she did, slowly. "she be my sister" she finally completed the sentence. It still, wasn't the 'koto of the matter'.

"the charm wey I put for dis hauz, na for Saliu. Him wan kill me" she revealed, as the quiet thin lady gasped, why would a son want to kill his mother?

As if she read the lady's thoughts, Mama Saliu spoke again "the boy na devil".

All the while, Suliyat held her mouth in surprise. John had fell to the ground, and his breathing was eloping. Tears formed in Suliyat's eyes as she bent over him, holding his hand, praying he doesn't die. The more she prayed, the severe his troubles were.

"Kiss me" John demanded, in an overtone of love, he knew it would be his last wish. He never thought that Nollywood movies made sense but here was he, dying from a spiritual attack, and having a pretty damsel cry over him, and he demands for a kiss. How poetic.

It was as if the sun stopped shining, the moon's light no more, the world paused, and just he, and Suliyat, as she kissed him. He closed his eyes. What a perfect way to die, he thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 4:28am On Sep 29, 2016
fikfaknuel Pls don't kill John o, make I no vex
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 9:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Hehehehe ........ Johnooooo
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
The kiss didn't tranquilize whatever was happening to John though, it only made him fight harder but 'harder' didn't quite do the trick. Much to the beffudlement of everybody in the room, the muscular man, who had been reduced to a nobody began convulsing, as if he was thrown into an icy lake in the heart of Moscow.

Suliyat ran over to him "John! John!" she called, but no word came out of his mouth. He had stopped convulsing. John was dead. Suliyat fell to the floor, like a maniac, sobbing. Ebeyo and the thin lady, however hard they tried to be emphatic, couldn't cry for someone they barely knew. He had earlier acted like he could lift the world from its feet.

Surging forward, in an obvious rage, the scorned woman, Suliyat dragged Mama Saliu by the rag on her. "Why shouldn't I kill you, witch?!" Ebeyo fought hard and freed Suliyat's hands on the woman, holding her back. Even though Suliyat struggled hard to free herself, strength was on the fat lady's side.

The accused witch laid down back on the rough ground. Her lips parted slowly, as three words emerged from wherever words emerged from.

"Him never die..." Suliyat was astounded, in shock at this revelation, she came closer "now" the old woman concluded. For this to be said, there was some sorts of remedy, anything, that could drag John back to the shores of life. Suliyat looked at him, he was sinking deeper, and deeper, sweat drenched his entire body. She turned to face the old woman, asking "what?".

A weak cough. Suliyat looked closely at the old woman, but it wasn't she who coughed. Her surprised squinted eyes met those of Ebeyo and the other woman. Their eyes refuse to agree. There was just another person in the place that could have coughed. But that person was dead, or not.

"John?" Suliyat ran over to where the fallen man was, holding his hand. Slowly, his eyes were opening. The joy was evident in the journalist's countenance. Trembling still, John managed to say "thank you".

"For what?" Suliyat asked, surprised, taking the light, black jacket off herself, and used it to pet John's forehead.

The man was in pain, but his lips formed a thin smile. "the kiss" he replied.

Suliyat almost hit him with the back of her hand. So foolish. How could one be dying and was so happy about a kiss? John's eyes were turning pale, death was on its way.

"John" Suliyat called, holding his hands tighter "you will not die, you will fight this. For me, for us"

"I ca-can't" John retreated, breaking into a sob. The other women in the room looked at them with pity, as the previously evasive tears were now camping in their eyes.

"Yes, you can"

"Here" John placed his hand on his chest "apply pressure. It may give me three extra seconds"

Suliyat pressed on his chest, weeping like a four year old dropped at home whilst the mother attended a meeting.

"You said you can do something, please" Suliyat begged the old woman profusely, her veins threatened to pop out of her forehead, catarrh streamed down her nose. She wasn't prepared to have someone die in her arms.

e get one leave wey fit save am. But e hard to see" the old woman spoke, more audible and fluid like she hadn't done before.

"what plant?" Suliyat asked calmly, hoping it would be something she was familiar with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by emitheo(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chai
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chai! fikfaknuel u don tey for ghetto to know this. ONLY we that grew up in the slums witness all these.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
Mama Saliu said something. It should be the plant. In an unfortunate twist of events, such a plant was a total stranger to Suilyat's ears. She sat on the ground, crying softly, cursing her luck. If only she knew the plant, John wouldn't have to die.

Lost in her sorrows, was she, when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned. It was the quieter or the women, the thin one, whom was accused of sleeping with the Ebeyo's husband.

"I know the leave" she said.

She was confused. What did this woman abuser did to deserve such goodness from a woman he had made mockery of? A puerile thought crept into her mind. What if this broom-like woman wanted to escape? Before she could settle on one of the polarizing thoughts on her mind, the thin lady had dashed out of the house, running into the wild. Suliyat looked at John, placing her hand on John's head. Ebeyo looked on like a mad man who was staring at his reflection on a mirror. Silently in the depths of her heart, she was praying, hoping that John survives.

Hatred, disgust, was filled in her eyes when she looked at the old woman. She couldn't just help but be disgusted at the sight of someone who would want to kill her son, and had all sorts of fetish objects as souvenirs in her home. It even smelt like the devil's dungeon, where roasted skin is incense.

Whilst waiting for the thin lady that might never come, Mama Saliu, in no hurry, or fear of death, talked slowly, telling Suliyat what she did what she did. Her son, Saliu held a grudge against her, on several occasions attempting to kill her because she refused to make a powerful 'ishe' for him- a charm, that would make him untouchable. Mama Saliu, knew that her son was a snake, hideos and evil, hence her refusal. She told Suliyat that Saliu vowed to kill her, that was why, with the help of her sister in their witch cult, they prepared a charm guarding the house against. If any man entered, death would be his welcome gift.

Suliyat listened with rapt attention, although it did little or nothing to calm her blood from boiling with hatred.

"What about the blood?"

"na my husband blood. My sister use am do the charm"

Suliyat wanted to throw up, she was disgusted and terrified to be in the presence of a cold blooded killer, a witch. Was anything impossible in this horror called Ajegunle?

"he been get the death sickness"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
You be street for Real....... Ghetto Breed!!!!
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
Movie lovers and friends abeg, make una help me push the ministry of this awesome brand, Skye9.

Skye9 is a Nigerian based company that seeks to take entertainment to the next level. On the skye9 platform, you get to watch latest movies (high quality), make free video calls while chatting with friends.

All you need to do now is to like their social media handles for more information.

Facebook: fb.com/skye9tv
Instagram: instagram.com/skye9tv
Twitter: twitter.com/skye9tv
Watsapp: 08099810333

Also, you can win prizes by liking and following those handles. And the biggest news of the year, the app is dropping soon!
This is the biggest thing to happen to movie watching in Nigeria.

Trust me.

Abeg, make una check those handles once more, you'll not be dissapointed. You can send your inquiries to my e-mail (emmanuelesomnofu@gmail.com).

I no wan derail this thread *runsoff*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
Tgold1:
Good Work bro..... Itesiwaju stori yi, loje wa logun!
Abeg translate the Yoruba
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
ruggedadventure:
Op.
Na me you buy cold stout for?
Thank you oo, e dun tay wey I shayo. You know, recession and stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
fikfaknuel:
Shebi na AJ city u dey?

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Shebi na AJ city u dey?
Yes.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
fikfaknuel:
Yes.
Why you no kan understand Yoruba
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Why you no kan understand Yoruba
Lolz. My brain no gree learn oo.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
fikfaknuel:

Itesiwaju Story yi lojewa logun ::: The Progress of This Story is our Main Priority!!

Shikena!!

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wow mehn! This story is da bomb...
Even bokoharam dey learn sef grin
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by RoastedCorn(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
stupendously astonishing
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2016
"Death sickness?" Suliyat said to herself, wondering what the old woman meant. She had never heard about such before.

Ebeyo coughed knowingly, and Suliyat knew, that she knew something. After all, these people were the ones swimming in the shallow waters of ignorance.

"She mean HIV" Ebeyo said

Unable to believe her ears, Suliyat burst into an hysterical laugh "HIV? Death disease?" she asked herself, before remembering the terrible situation she was in, and her laugh became lost on her face. She looked at John, and his body was no longer hot, nor cold, his skin was losing color.

Just as Suilyat was praying for the acceptance of John's soul. Held his hands, and allowed her tears seek to wake the dying man from his slumber. Just as Suliyat muttered "Amin" under her breath, the thin woman came running into the place. The bang of the door followed her. Looking at her hand, Suliyat saw a reddish-green leaf. She hoped that this was it.

The old woman, sensing someone's presence, to her limited agility, tried to sit. She seemed to be in serious pains.

"you dun bring am?" she asked, moping at the wall

The thin woman walked forward, as Suliyat and Ebeyo looked on. The old woman received the leaf with shaky hands, as she folded its entirety into her palms. Then she closed her eyes, and prayed to whoever she prayed to, or sang incantations. She then requested, with her eyes, for a bottle at the far right corner of the place. Ebeyo moved with such speed that defied her frame. The bottle had palm oil, popularly called red oil, as its content.

The bottle was placed on the ground, by the old woman's leg, and she, slowly, poured some on the ground, still reciting incantations in low tones. Three pair of eyes were still fixated on her, scrutinizing her every action. After the old woman had looked to the broken ceiling for quite some time, she dipped the leaf in the fast-drying oil.

She motioned Suliyat to approach, and take the leaf from her stretchered hand. She did. She needn't be told what to do. She took it to John, and pretended to want to kiss him. John's lips parted, and Suliyat smiled mischievously, it was comically disturbing how the mind of the men folk work. She squeezed the leaf into John's mouth. The dying man, stubbornly vomitted it, but the lady who wanted to save his life caught it before it landed on the ground.

She had the hot nature of the room to thanK. If it was any more windy, the leaf might have evaded her grasp. Once it touched the ground, it would lose its potency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2016
Moooooooooooooooore!!!
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2016
Kasa!!!!!!! Akiika!!!!!
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Missmossy(f): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
Eww this is getting serious more than i envisaged, keep it coming. John mustn't die biko.

2 Likes

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by xtanlee(m): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
this is good

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Cheating Husband / The Murder Case- A short story / The Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.