Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto (49795 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / Tale's From FGC Vandeikya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by tooblessed123: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
it's my first time commenting on NL, Please OP, please continue your story please, ive been a ghost reader and it will be awesome if you will continue. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by sleemoon(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
SlimHan:
hmmmm present

I dun show oooo... Tnx for d mention
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by jellybabee(f): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
hmmnnnmmmm
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by BEENUEL(m): 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=Missmossy post=49491963]Such an enchanting piece with a beautiful literary finesse. A big thumbs up to you, nice descriptive style of narration. Nothing beats a good prosaic work other than this. More wisdom to you. ahan, ma'am Kilode, ogini, Mie faru.....I can pay Thousands of Dollar to attend your tutorial oo...This Grammar can scare away a suitor biko grin.....Beauty and Brain cool
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
Op... still following
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Missmossy(f): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=BEENUEL post=49507951][/quote]
Lol where is the grammar?? I don't see any.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 3:49am On Sep 21, 2016
CHAPTER EIGHT
[Decolonising the Mentality]
"Gnatola ma no kpon sia, eyenabe adelan to kpo mi sena"
[Ewe-mina]
"Until the Lions learn to tell their tale, the story of the hunt will always glorify the hunter."
[African Proverb]

John retired to his home, Suliyat to her hotel. However, the dawn rose with urgency, thrusting the persons under the sky into yet another day of work, work, work. Through the benevolent louvers, crept the morning sunshine into room 53, as the pretty lady inside, who wore a blouse and pant, rolled lazily on her bed, wishing why the day couldn't wait some hours. After all, the Christians say Joshua prayed for the sun to keep still so Israel could win a battle. Suliyat wondered why someone couldn't climb high up the mountain and pray, that the sun is suspended, and night becomes, in the otherwise daytime.

Ring. Ring. The number on the other side of the phone, which she held to her ears. She had been calling John, the chairman's nephew, but he hadn't picked her calls. She thought maybe he had gone
somewhere to lift weights, and improve in his muscular frame. It was relatively popular perception about how these macho guys fabled addiction to their body.

Suliyat damned him. She brushed her teeth briefly, and dashed into the bathroom, and took her bath, singing an hausa song, which she has so been denied of the time to sing. Coming out with the soft, pink towel covering her chests below, she came to where her hanger was, and hooked both her hands on her hips, talking to herself silently, trying to figure out what she should wear. She settled for a loose gown, as she anticipated that the day was going to be quite busy, and better, if she didn't have the restraints of tight-fitting clothing.

Ring. Ring. A phone again, this time however, it wasn't ringing on the other side, she recognized the tone, and she walked slowly, to receive the call. She knew it was her macho acquaintance.

"Hello, Suliyat" the expected voice sounded, his voice was weak.

"Morning. I've been calling your number for a donkey years now."

"I'm sorry. I was sleeping"

Another bombshell. How could such a person, with a Fearful physical frame, and seems to spend the best hours of the day doing push-ups be such a lazy sleeper? Already ten in the morning, Suliyat thought, looking at her clock to validate her assertion, which she kept to herself. She wasn't going to ask him what or who made him sleep like a drunk sailor having a hangover. In the stories she had heard about men, even the tiniest of sentences, could drive their minds to the wildest suggestions. She didn't want that.

Suliyat sighed, as a slight cold clung to her body, she realized she was standing wet, in front of her drawer. "I hope you're dressed?" She asked.

"I'm almost" John replied after quite some time stretching his delivery of the first word, figuring out what phase of the morning he was in. Suliyat suspected he was lying, and correctly so, because John was still on his bed, naked except for the sheets which sheltered his humbled manhood, and the rest of his body, from waist down. He was struggling hard to get a grip on his locomotive agents as soon as he stood, for some hours back, in the magical realm of dreams where all things came through, where an Eagle and a Hen were best mates, in that place, where we usually kept money under our pillows, John saw his hands grabbing the fleshy mounds of buttocks on Suliyat's backsides. He thrusts in, as she hit high notes, he woke up, thanking himself for not being overly religious. If he was, he probably would have prayed down fire and brimstone, to destroy the spirit wife who was behind the evil pleasures of his dream.

He smiled, as he went into his bathroom when he remembered that in the minute he woke from the so-called 'evil pleasures', he saw the sticky stuff, on one side of his boxers, which he quickly disposed. He went back into how he felt in his tummy, as the juice was produced from his factory. He thought of how it would feel if it happened really, after he had had his fill with Suliyat.

It would feel like Heaven, not that a sinner knew what it felt like, he just banked on the positive texts from the Bible. He grinned like a mentally disturbed person, when he noticed how stupidly hypocritical he were, believing the Bible in bits, attaching it to his perverse surreal actions.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2016
Ride on, following
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ozila(m): 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Gofwane:
Dear op,

... ... ... ...this story is no ordinary story i read on this forum. I mean, this is a master-piece!
.........The way you play with words and use them to describe events is second to none. The only story that had such word plays and a vivid narration was: SEX as SHE TAUGHT ME written by Fabiano.

......Another thing i noticed was the swiftness with which you heeded to the guy that advised you on updating the story regularly. Oboy, i've never seen any op on nairaland dropping such long posts and in rapid succession(Ozila, come and learn ).

Dear op, after you, na you. Twale!!!

tnx, I will learn, I will leave my work to start updating stories so that you will feel better, and when I lost the job, you will employ me.
if you follow my first story Adanna you will know I finished it within one week, because I had nothing doing then, but no need explaining because you won't understand.

Dear Op nice work I tuale for you.

2 Likes

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
ozila:

tnx, I will learn, I will leave my work to start updating stories so that you will feel better, and when I lost the job, you will employ me.
if you follow my first story Adanna you will know I finished it within one week, because I had nothing doing then, but no need explaining because you won't understand.

I tuale,Ozila baba...I don't think he tried to underplay your hardwork. You be veteran in d game na, whilst i'm but a beginner.

you have a day job, you manage a blog, and still post stories here, you dey try bros. In summary, we all got something to learn from each other.

Please do me a favor, can you mention some of your readers here?

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
Op. Baba.... wetin dey sup, how's ur week going?

All dat one na. Story...lol..guy, come update
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Gofwane(m): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
ozila:

ah, ahn... It has not reach up to that. I followed your first story and truly it was fast. That's why i was wondering why this one wasn't like that. I bin dey tink weda na #shakara things.

...... It's quite good to know you are now working. Wish you all the best. God bless you. To claim this prayer, type a very loooooooong update on your story "sex and the city" cheesy
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ozila(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
fikfaknuel:

I tuale,Ozila baba...I don't think he tried to underplay your hardwork. You be veteran in d game na, whilst i'm but a beginner.

you have a day job, you manage a blog, and still post stories here, you dey try bros. In summary, we all got something to learn from each other.

Please do me a favor, can you mention some of your readers here?

I think they are here already
Cherrybrown
evakinqz
ritababe
johnsown
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 3:54am On Sep 22, 2016
The convergence of both John and Suliyat happened close to the same street they'd been thrice now; Jejelaye. It was basically the only place in Ajegunle where she could drive herself to, and not get lost or get mobbed by guys, who'd ask her to 'drop something for the boys'. It had happened to her, and she did, drop something, albeit wondering why grown up men who had well reached the age to be her uncle, would refer to themselves as 'boys'. And when they did get her money, they'd fight and most break each other's head off at the sharing process..

The macho man, John knew that Suliyat knew no where else, subsequently he boarded a taxi and requested to be taken there. On getting to the rendevous, John's face was sad when he didn't see the red car, Suliyat's official car. He however, paid the old taxi driver off and thanked him for his comfortable and expert services rendered.

Strolling into the street, with both hands in his pocket, several eyes looked at him,he wondered why suddenly the street was full of people. Maybe it had something to do with the time they came the previous day. He didn't even realize that it was Saturday, and that explains why people were more visible. Further and further into the streets, looking both to his left and right, like a schoolboy who has just been taught how to cross a road. He was supposed to be a doctor, and not snooping around such places so early in the morning, even dogs stared at him in surprise, not failing to wag their 'bingoish' tails in dissaproval.

Up ahead, before a right turn to burst into kirikiri road, where the City Point hotel was. He saw a red car, just like Suliyat's. On getting closer, he saw it was really her car, but she wasn't inside. His heart skipped a beat, what did she think she was doing, coming out here alone? He ran his shaky hands through his hair, his career could potentially be in jeopardy if a journalist gets missing on his watch. He would have failed his uncle. He didn't want to think about that, as another car breezed past him, ressurecting dust off the ground. John's nose ran like a spoilt stream, and his eyes were watery. He cleaned it off quickly, he didn't want people, and the dogs to think that he was crying, even though he was.

His attention was drawn to a rather amusing scene by the bark of a dog present there. On the outside space of a one-storey building, were a little crowd of about nine, mostly women and kids, and he saw a familar pair of legs standing in the middle. He crossed over and stretched his head over that of the intrigued crowd. He was relieved to see that it was Suliyat.

Immediately breaking into the chain, he went in and stood by Suliyat like how an overprotective boyfriend would. The bulgy, small, and all kinds of eyes looked at him.

"Who be dis one?" a slim woman on whose waist a piece of wrapper hung upon asked, as the other people nodded their heads like a typical lizard, in the way the other elders at nigerian Ibo villages do, when an elder has correctly aired their collective thoughts.

"Oh he's my partner" Suliyat replied, after giving a quick stare to the person who cared to ask. She didn't know why but the thin woman looked suspicious to her. She kept eyes on her, so as to prevent her from exiting the scene.

"I am Sherlock Holmes" John joked, putting his right hand on his chest in introductory manner "and we are here to ask questions, refusal to answer will attract many, many, police vans here" he also said, playing a fast one on them, he well knew he couldn't do what he just said. But he saw, that as the words came out from his mouth, it drove anxiety, fear into the hearts of the people present. They looked at themselves, each eye telling a unique tale, but in connection to 'the case'.

A little boy ran close to John, sand covering his laps as if there were 'leggins', his hair didn't escape the same fate too. He looked up at John, risking his thin neck to do so, as the other people looked at him unsurprisingly, in an obvious recognition of the boy. This action of the boy, wasn't new to them, Suliyat obseved because their faces didn't wear any cloth of surprise on them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 4:41am On Sep 22, 2016
"You be chair lock homes?" the boy asked, pronouncing the name like a typical Akpos, as Suliyat looked down on him, literarilly of course, then looked at John. The topic of discussion was a total stranger to her, she wondered who this sherlock-something was.

"No, not really" John replied, as the boy's gleeful face turned sour, for he was sad he wasn't standing before 'chair lock'.

"But I know him, i'm his friend, the doctor" John lied, placing his hand on his shoulder, his face assumed it's normal look again.

"I know what brings you here" the boy said, as eye brows were raised, and the earlier surprise Suliyat sought from these faces were now present, but the journalist didn't even look at them, she was curious herself. Yes, that was the word, but to the women and a few men who surrounded her, it was surprise for if this kid knew anything notable, it could incriminate one of them.

John pretended not to care, as he took the boy aside, and whispered things into his ear, as Suliyat and her 'guests' looked at them. After John had finished speaking into the boy's ear, the boy said something, gesticulating with his hands too.

They both came back to where the people were rounded, and John said, raising his chin up and staring at them.

"You know what he said to me?" the now-detective asked rheotically, pointing at the young boy who beamed in pride. Both John and Suliyat could feel the tension rising, and she glanced at him, strengtening the solidity of her ears as well.

"He said" John took a deep breath "He asked me" he re-phrased "What would Sherlock Holmes do? And I answered, he would look for the basic facts first"

Theresa sighed, it was no mind blowing revelation after all. She was somewhat happy that someone didn't flee the scene after the talk, or rather worse, slump to the ground.

There was just something about crime scenes, it was intriguing. It was mystifying. There was a cloud hovering over everybody. These people looked like a word the boy said would send them to early graves. Nobody talked, until one woman whose head was so fat that her neck was barely visible came out of the compound and said

"Any answer wey you want, ask that woman!" the obese person said, pointing at the slim woman Suliyat thought something was, about her.

John smiled, as he approached the now-sweating slim woman, who shook as if she was taking a picnic on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, naked.

Someone tapped him, and he looked down, and saw the inquiring eyes of the boy. The boy said softly, in a way only him heard.

"Chair lock Homes wouldn't get his hopes up"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Ulu45: 6:01am On Sep 22, 2016
Na ajegunle pikin dey speak all this English?
The same Aj wey I know?
Op mk it a Lil realistic pls.
Your writing wa. E pass. E legit!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2016
tooblessed123:
it's my first time commenting on NL, Please OP, please continue your story please, ive been a ghost reader and it will be awesome if you will continue. thanks
Welcome. In fact, here's a 'welcome poem'
All stand for the genius, the blessed
Even if him chop moi-moi for dinner, his tummy can never be stressed
All welcome my person, who shames the cash of e-money by possesing abundant blessing.

2 Likes

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2016
sleemoon:

I dun show oooo... Tnx for d mention
Sleemon d mentioner, SlimHan the mentionee. You both are welcome. Feel free to call others here.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2016
Missmossy:
Such an enchanting piece with a beautiful literary finesse. A big thumbs up to you, nice descriptive style of narration. Nothing beats a good prosaic work other than this. More wisdom to you.
All these sweet words and praise for only my small head?
Thanks, dear.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:17am On Sep 22, 2016
ruggedadventure:
Op. Baba.... wetin dey sup, how's ur week going?

All dat one na. Story...lol..guy, come update

Lolzzz, my guy...Dis week has been really stressful, you know sey Nigeria wahala fit make person kill himself. Not me, sha.

Updates above

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2016
Ulu45:
Na ajegunle pikin dey speak all this English?
The same Aj wey I know?
Op mk it a Lil realistic pls.
Your writing wa. E pass. E legit!
Thanks for your compliment.
Your concerns however, is the major reason why I wrote this story, to dispel such rumors, and pour sand on them. Not everybody in AJ is a tout, or isn't capable of writing like I do. I have friends that even write better!

And yes, i've lived in AJ since I was nine so...You fit call me AJ pikin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2016
From today, any new person that comments, gets a sweet, welcome poem.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by jellybabee(f): 8:11am On Sep 22, 2016
more please eeeerr
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Ulu45: 8:50am On Sep 22, 2016
Nice
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Ulu45: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2016
fikfaknuel:

I was referring to d child with sand on his laps like a pair of leggings @OP.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Ulu45: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2016
fikfaknuel:

Thanks for your compliment.
Your concerns however, is the major reason why I wrote this story, to dispel such rumors, and pour sand on them. Not everybody in AJ is a tout, or isn't capable of writing like I do. I have friends that even write better!

And yes, i've lived in AJ since I was nine so...You fit call me AJ pikin.
D child with sand on his laps. Baba e scarce to find pikin dey drop yarnings like Dat for English joor.
No b dsame AJ we dey.
Nice job brah
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by yorhmienerd(m): 9:17am On Sep 22, 2016
Nice one fikfaknuel, its really interesting
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2016
Ulu45:

D child with sand on his laps. Baba e scarce to find pikin dey drop yarnings like Dat for English joor.
No b dsame AJ we dey.
Nice job brah
Lolzz...U go still know d boy story nah.
Which place for AJ you dey?
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by bibijay123(f): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2016
Weldone boss! More ink to ur pen

2 Likes

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Ulu45: 9:41am On Sep 22, 2016
fikfaknuel:

Lolzz...U go still know d boy story nah.
Which place for AJ you dey?
Ojo Rd
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2016
Ulu45:
Ojo Rd
One of my guys dey stay there.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2016
I want to give a heartfelt thank you, and shout out to ruggedadventure and yorhmienerd.

These guys have really been great

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Cheating Husband / The Murder Case- A short story / The Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.