Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam (6333 Views)

Palm Wine In Islam / Common Reasons For Late Marriage / Cousin Marriage in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
I believe that every muslim has unique and personal reasons for believing that Islam is the true religion. Can you share those reasons on this thread, and let's discuss them? This thread is not to insult Islam but to have an enjoyable and educative conversation about why we believe.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Because I have to please my parent . 55% believe in Islam

2 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by greetings(f): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
You said personal bah?

Because it gladden my heart and it's the only thing I have found that remains with me when all hope is lost. Islam is the light in my tunnel, and it makes me a more intelligent person and a better person as a whole.

I read the Quran and it vibrates through my marrow, as I have never come across any text like it.... (I read all kinds of books). And it further affirms my belief that only an Almighty can put together something like this. He says there are signs everywhere on earth but only those sincere and work towards righteousness will truly conceive it.
Example below;

God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His light is, as it were, that of a niche containing a lamp; the lamp is [enclosed] in glass, the glass [shining] like a radiant star: [a lamp] lit from a blessed tree - an olive-tree that is neither of the east nor of the west the oil whereof [is so bright that it] would well-nigh give light [of itself] even though fire had not touched it: light upon light! God guides unto His light him that wills [to be guided]; and [to this end] God propounds parables unto men, since God [alone] has full knowledge of all things.(an - nor. 35)
This is a verse in the Quran describing Allah..... I mean! It gives me chills anytime I read it....and there are various like that... i have no doubt am on the true religion.

These are the things that comes to my mind for now ....I could modify if I can come up with more.

Hope this helps.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
arowtop:
Because I have to please my parent . 55% believe in Islam
Since your belief is at 55%, I guess you're not sure your parents are right. Have you thought of learning more about Islam so you can be sure?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
I am a practising Muslim from a Muslim home; but that didn't deter me from studying other religions to see the things they have in common with and how they differ from Islam. During these comparative studies, which I did many years ago before my university days, I had to focus on a few criteria which I believe form the bedrock of these religions. Some of the criteria are their doctrines, holy books, methods of worship. Specifically, my targeted religions were Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Budhism.

My overarching aim for comparing the religions with Islam was to be sure I was on the right path. For the task, I found a book written by a Muslim cleric(who knows the Bible so well that I thought he was a Christian) very useful. I can't remember the name of the book now, but the author is Mr. Jamiu Adegunwa. I found his exposition on the three Abrahamic religions -- Christianity, Judaism and Islam -- very concise, seminal.

I would try and find the book. Then I will summarize its teachings and discuss some other ideas in a new thread which I will create on this forum.

To respond to the question at hand; I am a Muslim because
1. The holy Qur'an is absolutely devoid of contradictions, errors and mistakes which are replete in the holy books of some other world religions. What's more? That the Qur'an can stay free of revisions by humans after several hundreds of years of revelation from God, is a big deal to me. It is open knowledge that the same thing cannot be said about some other holy books.

2. All the injunctions (like offering daily prayers(salat/salawat), giving alms to the poor, holy pilgrimage to Makkah, etc.) are explicitly mentioned in the Qur'an and clearly explained by the Haadith (traditions) of prophet Muhammad. This is absent in many other worldly religions. The adherents of these faiths merely follow the whims and desires of their clerics and priests.

3. Stemming from the point above is the fact that Muslims all over the world perform these injunctions from Allah almost at the same periods. For instance, on Fridays Muslims all around the globe converge in their various mosques to worship Allah; this they do at the same time. Another example: Muslims are now travelling, from the nooks and crannies of the world, to Makkah for Hajj. NO other religions in the world have this kind of unity.

4. From my personal experience with the supernatural, specifically jinns (demons), it is clear without doubt that God exists and he is One. These creatures, demons, know this fact and are very much aware of man's vulnerability to the evils lurking within the spiritual realm. For this world is full of evils and man's dark acts of sorcery; but God is ever present to protect any man who seeks his help from worldly afflictions.

While in the University, I was opportune to witness a few sessions of exorcism which were carried out by some MSSN members of the UI Central Mosque. The happpenings made me realise the power of the Qur'an. I don't want shed more light on this here.

Can anyone deny the existence of black magic, of sorcery, of demons, of witchcraft? Any individual who disbelieves these is treading a perilous path and I hope experience will not teach such person a bitter lesson. These aforementioned things are always present in our surroundings albeit unseen to many. And they are indicative of the existence of God; and only God's power and mercy keep such things at bay.

And to people who rely solely on science to explain all mysterious things, know that science still has a date with the truth on many spiritual things. Even the physical phenomena, that scientists always try to explain, still present many mysteries to them.

As an aficionado of science and a Physics graduate, I will believe everything science says -- hook, line and sinker -- when it can successfully explain the mysteries shrouding the occurrence of very common natural events, which are sleep, death, soul, mind, magic, teleportation, paranormal events, telepathy, etc.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by mustymatic(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
Islam touches all aspects of life. All

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by mustymatic(m): 12:09am On Aug 24, 2016
Sahih Bukhari

Narrated `Abdullah, Allah's Messenger (pbuh), the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him......

8 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Jay542(m): 12:49am On Aug 24, 2016
I might deviate a little if any point requires.

Islam preaches Oneness. Islam went deep into the happenings of life. The holy Book (Quran) makes you understand EverythIng of how life was and will be. Islam preaches to you to worship only the one who created you. Islam makes you understand how man-made powers works. Islam preaches love and unity. Islam preaches respect. Islam teaches preaches forgiveness. Islam preaches obidence. There are no contradicting statement in the Holy Book. Islam gave us the reason why we should follow Prophet Muhammed SAW.

Other religion might believe Islam doesn't hold Prophet Jesus AS or Prophet Moses AS or Holy Mary to high esteem. But we honestly do. The Quran and other related books made it known to us that Allah SWT gave Jesus an incredible miracles and a Miraculous Birth.

Prophet Isa(Jesus) spoke right after they gave birth to him, as an infant. Jesus performed different miracle with the help of Allah and a stunning one of rising people from the dead. Allah made it known to us why. At that time there wer like herbalist or doctors who would cure the very sick and almost dying people. Then people started worshipping them (herbalist/doctors) Jesus was sent to perform the miracle of rising people from the dead to show the people that Allah is greater than them. As a result of all these occurrence people started calling Jesus the son of God. We are all sons of our Fathers. E.g. I am Jemeel the son Abubakar. Jesus is the human to be the son of a woman cos he has no father. Jesus the son of Mary. ISLAM MADE US UNDERSTAND THAT ABOUT JESUS.

Holy Mariam (Mary) PBUH. A very pious lady that a great event came through her. Allah SWT cherish her to the extent that a whole Suraa/Chapter was named after her. "Suraa Mariam" and to best of my knowledge the way Christians glamour at her, a chapter wasn't named after her. AND THIS WAS ANOTHER CONVINCING FACTOR, I've SEEN PICTURES OF HOLY MARY BY THE CHRISTIANS AND I WONDER WHY SHE WAS ALWAYS ON A VEIL OR HIJAB. AND ISLAM SEEM LIKE THE ONLY RELIGION THAT PREACHES THAT.

Jazakallahu Khair

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by eluquenson(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2016
Many reason's that is beyond human comprehension

2 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by trapQ: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2016
My comment in a bit.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:
Since your belief is at 55%, I guess you're not sure your parents are right. Have you thought of learning more about Islam so you can be sure?

I tried to learn more from scholars, internet, reading Islamic journal but still not impressed or convinced. I just have to obey my parent untill I gain my freedom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by mujaya1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:
I believe that every muslim has unique and personal reasons for believing that Islam is the true religion. Can you share those reasons on this thread, and let's discuss them? This thread is not to insult Islam but to have an enjoyable and educative conversation about why we believe.
i believe in allah, i believe in the religious that abraham,moses,jesus,joself,david and all this prophet preach one massage, believe in one god. For more detail visit sultan.org

1 Like

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
greetings:
Because it gladden my heart and it's the only thing I have found that remains with me when all hope is lost. Islam is the light in my tunnel, and it makes me a more intelligent person and a better person as a whole.

I read the Quran and it vibrates through my marrow, as I have never come across any text like it.... (I read all kinds of books). And it further affirms my belief that only an Almighty can put together something like this. He says there are signs everywhere on earth but only those sincere and work towards righteousness will truly conceive it.
Example below;
This is a verse in the Quran describing Allah..... I mean! It gives me chills anytime I read it....and there are various like that... i have no doubt am on the true religion.
Wow, this is a very spirited response. Thanks for sharing it!

[s]Some Christians have expressed similar feelings about their religion. They feel that Jesus gives them joy when all hope is lost. They feel that the bible is beautiful and when they read it, God speaks to them. They feel that being 'born again' makes them better people all round. How would you convince those Christians that Christianity is not the true religion despite the very similar and rich experiences that they have had?[/s]
Pls answer this instead: https://www.nairaland.com/3306503/personal-reasons-believing-islam/1#48772601

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
gensteejay:
I am a practising Muslim from a Muslim home; but that didn't deter me from studying other religions to see the things they have in common with and how they differ from Islam. During these comparative studies, which I did many years ago before my university days, I had to focus on a few criteria which I believe form the bedrock of these religions. Some of the criteria are their doctrines, holy books, methods of worship. Specifically, my targeted religions were Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism.

My overarching aim for comparing the religions with Islam was to be sure I was on the right path. For the task, I found a book written by a Muslim cleric(who knows the Bible so well that I thought he was a Christian) very useful. I can't remember the name of the book now, but the author is Mr. Jamiu Adegunwa. I found his exposition on the three Abrahamic religions -- Christianity, Judaism and Islam -- very concise, seminal.

I would try and find the book. Then I will summarize its teachings and discuss some other ideas in a new thread which I will create on this forum.
I admire your commitment to finding out the truth. Most people have never studied any religion apart from the one they grew up with. Did you have any concerns about the objectivity of Mr. Jamiu Adegunwa, though, since he was a muslim cleric? Do you have any concerns now?

To respond to the question at hand; I am a Muslim because
1. The holy Qur'an is absolutely devoid of contradictions, errors and mistakes which are replete in the holy books of some other world religions. What's more? That the Qur'an can stay free of revisions by humans after several hundreds of years of revelation from God, is a big deal to me. It is open knowledge that the same thing cannot be said about some other holy books.
If you stumbled upon a website with a list of verifiable contradictions and errors in the Holy Qur'an, would that shake your faith a little or a lot?

4. From my personal experience with the supernatural, specifically jinns (demons), it is clear without doubt that God exists and he is One. These creatures, demons, know this fact and are very much aware of man's vulnerability to the evils lurking within the spiritual realm. For this world is full of evils and man's dark acts of sorcery; but God is ever present to protect any man who seeks his help from worldly afflictions.

While in the University, I was opportune to witness a few sessions of exorcism which were carried out by some MSSN members of the UI Central Mosque. The happenings made me realise the power of the Qur'an. I don't want shed more light on this here.

Can anyone deny the existence of black magic, of sorcery, of demons, of witchcraft? Any individual who disbelieves these is treading a perilous path and I hope experience will not teach such person a bitter lesson. These aforementioned things are always present in our surroundings albeit unseen to many. And they are indicative of the existence of God; and only God's power and mercy keep such things at bay.
Many Christians will tell you that they have also had experiences with demons. During prayer, some people will start screaming and writhing on the floor. Then the pastors would pray and command the demons to leave them in the name of Jesus and they would calm down. Many Christians see this as evidence of the existence of demons and the power of the name of Jesus over them. This happens in big and small churches of many denominations. Do you think these Christian exorcisms are genuine? If not, what do you think is really happening?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
The deal about my personal reason is simple, I only need to read about the entire ways of life and the day to day activities of the Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) , A Man who seem to always have the best of decision in every situation in life.

More like I just need to study about Prophet Muhammed ( S.A.W) and how he lived his life in the ways of Deen ( Religion) I don't think there can be a man who can be tested in the weirdest of obstacle and still have faith that he who he serves can make a way where they seem to be no way. I have just 3 examples of how much a great man he is and I just need to study everything about him and emulate his beliefs, there's no issue in following his pact which leads me to been so steadfast in Islam and understanding the religion more.

The 3 Examples Goes thus

1. On A Sallah Day In His lifetime in the morning before going to pray at the mosque, he lost one of his daughter to the cold hands of death and he still went to the mosque and prayed, he was so touched and painful that he shed tears on the Solaat ( Prayer) but he still believe on his creator knowing the best

2. In his lifetime, whenever he goes to mosque in the early morning there was a bad man who always breaks bottle on the path where the prophet would take on his way to the mosque to pray and he the bad man kept on doing it and the prophet always gets wounded, but after a little while he realised he didn't notice the broken bottles on his path so he went to the man's house and said ' Sir, I came to checkup on you because I know you always breaks bottle on the path I take to the mosque and I realised it stopped so I came to checkup on you if you are alright' and he realised the man was sick and he prayed for the man and said he wasn't angry with the man, he just felt the man doesn't know what he was doing

3. A man who in his lifetime buried all the kids he fathered, none of his children was alive to bury him, he buried them all and still believed strongly in his creator that he knows best about every situation and obstacles

This 3 example is okay for me to know that if there can be a man who can succumb to every atrocities and believe solemly in a certain religion and till his last breath still says 'Islam is a religion of Peace' then I will die and Insha Allahu in my last word that comes out of my mouth when my time comes finally would be 'There's no other God worthy of Worship Except Allah, And Muhammed is his Messenger '

5 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:

I admire your commitment to finding out the truth. Most people have never studied any religion apart from the one they grew up with. Did you have any concerns about the objectivity of Mr. Jamiu Adegunwa, though, since he was a muslim cleric? Do you have any concerns now?

If you stumbled upon a website with a list of verifiable contradictions and errors in the Holy Qur'an, would that shake your faith a little or a lot?

Many Christians will tell you that they have also had experiences with demons. During prayer, some people will start screaming and writhing on the floor. Then the pastors would pray and command the demons to leave them in the name of Jesus and they would calm down. Many Christians see this as evidence of the existence of demons and the power of the name of Jesus over them. This happens in big and small churches of many denominations. Do you think these Christian exorcisms are genuine? If not, what do you think is really happening?

You can go to youtube and check the islamic ways of exorcisms and how jinns are been talked to, there's also a guy in the uk who specializes on commanding demons out of people's body on Instagram can't remember the handle off heart
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
@ Seun, a suggestion here please, I see you are making remarks with Christianity and IMHO it's off the topic and might lead to abusing or saying negative comments about those religions.

The topic "Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam" and I saw your comment as this;

"Some Christians have expressed similar feelings about their religion. They feel that Jesus gives them joy when all hope is lost. They feel that the bible is beautiful and when they read it, God speaks to them. They feel that being 'born again' makes them better people all round. How would you convince those Christians that Christianity is not the true religion despite the very similar and rich experiences that they have had?"

You might have said it with an open mind, but someone may take bits from your comment and generate something that will derail this thread.
Just my 2cents before a war erupts here.

5 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:

I liked the author's approach in his book. I have no concerns, none whatsoever. Islamic teachings are always practical, commonsensical.

About the so-called contradictions and errors in the Qur'an, I know a number of those websites mainly sponsored by Jews. Their claims are entirely bogus; they interpreted some verses out of context and the ones they claim are contradictory merely abrogate each other. This is a normal practice in Islam. Certain Haadiths of the prophet would reveal their lack of understanding in intrepreting Quranic verses. They are only spreading lies and fallacies.

On exorcism, many Christians say demons tremble in pain and agony on hearing Jesus' name. Maybe it is not surprising; the two religions have a lot of practices in common.

The aforementioned Mr. Adegunwa's book presents a good treatise on this issue. He stated several verses in the Bible that clearly talks about the five pillars of Islam, namely belief in oneness of Allah and in the prophetood of Muhammad (peace be on him); sallah; zakat; etc. The two religions have the same root: Abraham. But Abraham, being a prophet of God several years before Jesus, couldn't have been a Christian; even the word "Christian" is not mentioned at all in the whole of the Bible, not even once!

Abraham worshipped one God; he, like every other present day Muslim, was a monotheist. In Islam, all prophets of God, from Adam, Noah ... Jacob, Moses, ... Jesus to Muhammad were Muslims. The word "Muslim" means one who submits and surrenders himself to God. Several biblical verses abound that support the assertion above.

From the foregoing, when a Christian says demons bow to the power of Jesus, they are not really doing that. Rather they are fearful of Jesus because he was a great prophet of God.

During the exorcism sessions I witnessed in school, some alfas narrated how demons would cry in agony and pain when prophet Muhammad's name was mentioned; even when clerics mention the names of popular and sound sheikhs of Islam (like Ibn Uthaymeen), demons react in pain. The jinns are not really afraid of Jesus, Muhammad or Islamic clerics, they only fear the One who these people have/had as their Protector and that is/was Allah. Jinns fear and avoid any Muslim that is of sound faith, that reads and memorizes the Qur'an (Quranic verses burn them) and that avoids sinful deeds and vain talks.

Demons fear a godly man.

10 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by ademoladeji(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
wailing:
Islam is the Religion of Peace.

"I testify that there is no God Except Allah and Muhammed (Pbuh) is His Messenger"

That's not the questions
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Proffdada: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by greetings(f): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:

Wow, this is a very spirited response. Thanks for sharing it!

Some Christians have expressed similar feelings about their religion. They feel that Jesus gives them joy when all hope is lost. They feel that the bible is beautiful and when they read it, God speaks to them. They feel that being 'born again' makes them better people all round. How would you convince those Christians that Christianity is not the true religion despite the very similar and rich experiences that they have had?

Errr! Truthfully, It was on a second thought that I decided to drop a comment on this thread.... you asked me to share my personal reasons and I have.

I honestly don't want to dwell into comparisms and the likes.....

8 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
balash:
The deal about my personal reason is simple, I only need to read about the entire ways of life and the day to day activities of the Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) , A Man who seem to always have the best of decision in every situation in life.
Your stories about how Prophet Muhammed reacted to the death of his children, and how he was nice to the guy who threw broken bottles unto his road, are inspiring. I can see how one would want to follow the religion of a man with such strength and maturity. One thing I've noticed about the muslim view of the Prophet Muhammed is that, while you respect him as the last Prophet, you recognize that he is a man, just like Jesus. Being a man, I'm thinking that he could not have been completely perfect. He must have made some mistakes, though not many.

As someone who has studied the life and character of Prophet Muhammed, and whose belief in Islam rests on this, you must have come across not only his great deeds but also his mistakes. Some things which he did that he should not have done, and which you would not emulate if you found yourself in the same situation. Can you describe 3 of them to us and tell us how it affected your faith when you came across them?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
That was what I said, the thread shouldn't be of comparison. But it all depends on his motive of creating the thread.

1 Like

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:

Your stories about how Prophet Muhammed reacted to the death of his children, and how he was nice to the guy who threw broken bottles unto his road, are inspiring. I can see how one would want to follow the religion of a man with such strength and maturity. One thing I've noticed about the muslim view of the Prophet Muhammed is that, while you respect him as the last Prophet, you recognize that he is a man, just like Jesus. Being a man, I'm thinking that he could not have been completely perfect. He must have made some mistakes, though not many.

As someone who has studied the life and character of Prophet Muhammed, and whose belief in Islam rests on this, you must have come across not only his great deeds but also his mistakes. Some things which he did that he should not have done, and which you would not emulate if you found yourself in the same situation. Can you describe 3 of them to us and tell us how it affected your faith when you came across them?

He never made a mistake, there was a revelation in the Holy Qur'an Chapter 53 Verse 1 to 62 ( An Najm ( The Star)

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

53:1 By the star when it sets!

53:2 Your companion errs not, nor does he deviate.

53:3 Nor does he speak out of desire.

53:4 It is naught but revelation that is revealed —

53:5 One Mighty in Power has taught him,

53:6 The Lord of Strength. So he attained to perfection,

53:7 And he is in the highest part of the horizon.

53:8 Then he drew near, drew nearer yet,

53:9 So he was the measure of two bows or closer still.

53:10 So He revealed to His servant what He revealed.

53:11 The heart was not untrue in seeing what he saw.

53:12 Do you then dispute with him as to what he saw?

53:13 And certainly he saw Him in another descent,

53:14 At the farthest lote-tree.

53:15 Near it is the Garden of Abode.

53:16 When that which covers covered the lote-tree;

53:17 The eye turned not aside, nor did it exceed the limit.

53:18 Certainly he saw of the greatest signs of his Lord.

53:19 Have you then considered Lat and ‘Uzza,

53:20 And another, the third, Manat?

53:21 Are the males for you and for Him the females?

53:22 This indeed is an unjust division!

53:23 They are naught but names which you have named, you and your fathers — Allah has sent no authority for them. They follow but conjecture and what (their) souls desire. And certainly the guidance has come to them from their Lord.

53:24 Or shall man have what he wishes?

53:25 But for Allah is the Hereafter and the former (life).

53:26 And how many angels are in the heavens, whose intercession avails naught except after Allah gives permission to whom He pleases and chooses.

53:27 Surely those who believe not in the Hereafter name the angels with female names.

53:28 And they have no knowledge of it. They follow but conjecture, and surely conjecture avails naught against Truth.

53:29 So shun him who turns his back upon Our Reminder, and desires nothing but this world’s life.

53:30 That is their goal of knowledge. Surely thy Lord knows best him who strays from His path and He knows best him who goes aright.

53:31 And Allah’s is whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth, that He may reward those who do evil for that which they do, and reward those who do good with goodness.

53:32 Those who avoid the great sins and the indecencies, but the passing idea— surely thy Lord is Liberal in Forgiving. He knows you best when He brings you forth from the earth and when you are embryos in the wombs of your mothers; so ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows him best who guards against evil.

53:33 Seest thou him who turns back,

53:34 And gives a little, then withholds?

53:35 Has he the knowledge of the unseen so that he can see?

53:36 Or has he not been informed of what is in the scriptures of Moses,

53:37 And (of) Abraham who fulfilled (commandments)?

53:38 That no bearer of burden bears another’s burden:

53:39 And that man can have nothing but what he strives for:

53:40 And that his striving will soon be seen.

53:41 Then he will be rewarded for it with the fullest reward:

53:42 And that to thy Lord is the goal:

53:43 And that He it is Who makes (men) laugh and makes (them) weep:

53:44 And that He it is Who causes death and gives life:

53:45 And that He creates pairs, the male and the female:

53:46 From the small life-germ when it is adapted:

53:47 And that He has ordained the second bringing forth:

53:48 And that He it is Who gives wealth and contentment:

53:49 And that He is the Lord of Sirius:

53:50 And that He destroyed the first ‘Ad:

53:51 And Thamud, so He spared not:

53:52 And the people of Noah before. Surely they were most iniquitous and inordinate.

53:53 And the overthrown cities, He hurled down:

53:54 So there covered them that which covered.

53:55 Which, then, of thy Lord’s benefits wilt thou dispute?

53:56 This is a warner of the warners of old.

53:57 The near Event draws nigh.

53:58 There is none besides Allah to remove it.

53:59 Wonder you then at this announcement?

53:60 And do you laugh and not weep,

53:61 While you sport?

53:62 So bow down in prostration before Allah and serve (Him).

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yes, the Prophet was a Man,
Yes, all men make mistakes and he made human mistakes too BUT these mistakes are just his day to day human mistakes and have nothing to do with what's divinely revealed.

7 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
MULLAH123:
That was what I said, the thread shouldn't be of comparison. But it all depends on his motive of creating the thread.
Do you dislike comparative study of religions?

I think I know the intent for creating this thread. Whatever the motives are, I think one can learn some things from contributors.

Even if some people see the clearest signs of God's existence or God himself, they would still not believe in Him.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3)

Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? / Excellent Qualities Of Islam. / How To Get Ready For Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.