Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self (17456 Views)

BIAFRA: I Regret Involving Myself In Nnamdi Kanu's Case - Justice Binta Nyako / Justice Abang Sends 4 NAHCO Staff To Spend Christmas In Jail / Justice Abang Suspends PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by phiphis: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Justice Abang removes self from case against Buhari

Justice Abang has disqualified himself from a case against President Buhari – Incorporated Trustees of Oron Union brought a case against PMB regarding his nominations – The nominations of Mr Obong and Frank Samuel to the NDDC board led to the filing of the suit against President Muhammadu Buhari.

Justice Okon Abang of the Abuja federal high court, on Tuesday, August 23 disqualified himself from presiding over a suit accusing President Muhammadu Buhari of illegal nominations. The suit against Buhari accused him of breaching certain laws when he nominated persons not from oil producing regions, into the board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC). The law suit was filed before the court by a body known as Incorporated Trustees of Oron Union, Akwa Ibom state. The plaintiff said it was illegal for President Buhari to nominate Mr Obong Nsima Ekere and Frank Samuel George, as Managing Director and Commissioner, respectively, on the board of the NDDC since they were not indigenes of oil producing areas of Akwa Ibom state.

They said that the action was in violation of the NDDC Act, in the laws of the federation of Nigeria 2004. According to Vanguard, the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr Abubakar Malami, SAN, the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, the National Assembly and the two nominees were also defendants in the case.

The plaintiff appealed to the court for the following: “A declaration that the nominations of the 5th Defendant as the Managing Director of NDDC, and the 6th as Commissioner on the Board of the said NDDC, by the 1st and 2nd Defendants, and the subsequent forwarding of the names of the 5th and 6th Defendants to the 3rd and 4th Defendants for confirmation and for appointments as Managing Director and Commissioner respectively on the Board of NDDC when the said 5th and 6th Defendants are not indigenes of oil producing areas of Akwa Ibom State, are all done contrary to the provisions of section 12(1) of the NDDC Act, Cap N86, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, and therefore illegal, null and void and of no effect whatsoever and howsoever.” The Oron Union which covers five local government areas of Akwa Ibom also prayed the court to issue an order of perpetual injunction restraining the National Assembly from confirming the nominations.

However when the matter came up on Monday, August 22, all the defendants asked Justice Abang to remove himself from the case, due to conflict of interest, since he is also from Oron. The 6th defendant, George, who is also one of the nominees wrote a letter to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Ibrahim Auta, asking that the case-file be retrieved from Justice Abang. Consequently, in a bench ruling, Justice Abang disqualified himself from the case and returned the case-file back to the Chief Judge for reassignment to another judge. He said: “Having regard to the fact that I am from Oron nation of Akwa Ibom State with the plaintiff and the 5th and 6th defendants are also from Akwa Ibom my state of origin, I hereby disqualify myself. Justice must not only be done but seen to be done. This case is hereby remitted back to the CJ for reassignment to any other judge other than myself, upon the court resumption from vacation.”

Meanwhile, on Thursday, August 18, Justice Abang was faulted by the appeal court in Abuja for refusing to hands-off the suit that led to the removal of Ikpeazu as Abia state governor. The five-man panel equally faulted him for “over reaching his powers”, by wrongly interpreting the Appeal Court Rules.

https://www.naij.com/939525-read-justice-abang-ran-away-case-buhari.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
this is what you get when the judiciary isn't totally free from the arms of the executive.. my poor judge doesn't want to hear stories about his salary

20 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by BlackSeptember: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Justice Abang is buhari lap dog.

The idiot stood down because of the plantiff is an Oron man but the idiot is presiding over a case where his law school colleague Olisa Metuh is being tried.

Abang is a disgrace to the judiciary and a dog like buhari his master

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by kutchs: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
If it is a case against the PDP he will put himself in and even die in it.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by StOla: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2016
True conflict of interest being an Oron man himself.

As for the educated illiterates above me, if only they learnt to read and not just studying the words as pictures.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by leofab(f): 12:21am On Aug 24, 2016
He should remove himself from Nigeria totally

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Flyingngel(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by dunkem21(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2016
No comment.. I no wan go prison lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by seunmsg(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2016
splenzard:
this is what you get when the legislature isn't totally free from the arms of the executive.. my poor judge doesn't want to hear stories about his salary

Are you sure this your comment is in reaction to the above news or something else?

25 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by ihatebuhari(f): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2016
stupid man

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2016
happy children day grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by wordproof: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2016
Watching... shocked
Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2016
ihatebuhari:
stupid man

Dat man up to your dad age na.
respect strictly

15 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Morkavictor: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2016
Abang is a cancer to democracy,he should be removed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by aragon4realz(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2016
I αм ѕι¢к αи∂ тιяє∂ σf тнιѕ иαтισиѕ ρσℓιтι¢ѕ αи∂ тнє ωαу тнιиgѕ αяє вєιиg ∂σиє ιи тнє ¢συитяу...fєαя fєαя נυ∂gє נυѕт вє¢αυѕє ιт'ѕ тнє ρяєѕι∂єит уσυ ∂σи тαкє σff ℓєт'ѕ αѕѕυмєѕ ιт'ѕ α нєℓρℓєѕѕ Nιgєяιαи уσυ ∂σи'т мιи∂ мαкιиg נυ∂gмєит αи∂ ѕєи∂ιиg тσ ℓιfє ιмρяιѕσимєит αиуωαуѕ I ∂σи'т вℓαмє му fєℓℓσω Nιgєяιαиѕ fσя вαℓℓιиg συт σf тнє ¢συитяу вυт fσя мє иα тнιѕ иαιנα I ∂єу αи∂ ιf αиуσиє тяιєѕ тσ ιмρє∂є σи му яιgнт I вℓσω нιѕ нєα∂ σf
__________ █████
_______█████████
________████████
_________ ███████
__________████████
______██████████████
_____███▒▒░░░░░░░░▒
_______▒░░░░░ ⓤ░░ⓤ░▒
_______▒░░░░░░░░ >░░ ▒
_______██▒░░░░░·︾·░░▒
_______████▒░░░░░░░▒
______▒▒███████████▒▒
____▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒███░░░▒
___▒░░░▒░░░░░░████░░ ▒
___▒░░░░▒░░░░░█████░░▒
___▒░░░░░▒░░░░███████░▒
____▒░░░░▒░░░░██████▒▒
____▒#▒▒▒▒▒░##░██████
__▒#▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▒
_▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Ѻ░░░▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Ѻ░░░ ▒
▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ▒
#▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░Ѻ░░░░▒
##▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░##

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by yorke1: 7:59am On Aug 24, 2016
Not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by AfroKnight: 7:59am On Aug 24, 2016
StOla:

As for the educated illiterates above me, if only they learnt to read and not just studying the words as pictures.
Don't mind those ignoramuses. They just can't read.

The judge removed himself because he is a native of Oron just like the plaintiff. That is the proper thing to do.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by ihatebuhari(f): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2016
Jasonnoah:

Dat man up to your dad age na.
respect strictly
don't quote me again, u all men are d same,wicked people

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by phygo89(m): 8:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Nice move to avoid clash of interest since he is for Buhari and also from Oroni.

Abang should have joined police instead of d judiciary

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Achorise: 8:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Biased legislature under this government is so so high.

Nobody in this country can even outrightly speak against this government and be totally free.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:02am On Aug 24, 2016
Buy Why?
Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=ihatebuhari post=48752502] don't quote me again, u all men are d same,wicked people[/quote

grin] grin grin grin.
sorry enh

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by drss2(m): 8:03am On Aug 24, 2016
if na makarfi vs sheriff case, d tout/raper of democracy go inject himself like snake by fire by force. useless lawyer.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Jerry2i(m): 8:04am On Aug 24, 2016
In the spirit of fair play.
Nice1 Justice.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by vecman22(m): 8:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by snezBaba: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2016
The guy wanted a free and fair trial without wailing but unsurprisingly they still wail.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by BlackSeptember: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2016
StOla:

but the idiot is on a case where his colleague in Law school Olisa metuh is being judge by him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by zakimon: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2016
But when Olise Metuh said you were his classmate in school and he met you of recent and the views u shared would not get him justice, you did not disqualify yourself.

Oron nation indeed!!!!

RUBBISH!!!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by Mopolchi: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2016
Why he remove himself? Shameless judge!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self by NICENEDU29: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2016
StOla:

My dear dont just mind them. To even call them educated illiterate is an understatement. I wonder if they reason with their heads at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Turning To Insurgency, Shila Boys Terrorising Adamawa — Peace Pro Report / Governor Oyebanji Announces Gabriel Adesoji (AngelGabby) As Media Aide / Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbos Not A Serious People- Fredrick Nwabufo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.