Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,170 members, 7,780,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 AM

Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike (550 Views)

DISCLAIMER - Babcock University's Official Statement On A Story By Alaba Ajibola / Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday / Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike by timmy247x: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
YENAGOA—–All issues leaded to the total shut down of the Niger Delta University, may have been put behind as both Bayelsa State Government and the state chapter of Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU) agreed to put off the four-months old strike which has in no measure destabilized academic and business activities in the state and its environs at large.

Reports coming out from Yenagoa right now indicates students are due back in classes sooner and this is coming barely 24hours the Bayelsa State Government as part fulfilment of its own end of the agreement paid two months salaries to staff of the University.

The two months salaries is the first step taken by Governor Henry Seriake Dickson’s of Bayelsa State among backlog of salaries owed workers and other things.

The more cheering news came this evening as ASUU issued official statement regarding long awaited calling of the strike, but however reserved giving out official date on the statement as it was still subject to ratification by congress due to hold soon. The ASUU statement was issued through its state spokesperson and it reads:

“Following the signing of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) by Government and ASUU-NDU in the presence of ASUU Benin Zonal Coordinator and the Majority Leader of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly as witnesses on Monday the 22nd of August, 2016.

“An emergency ASUU-NDU Congress meeting was held on Tuesday the 23rd of August, 2016 at the Faculty of Law campus to suspend the Active Non-Compliance (ANC) action that lasted for 16 weeks with *immediate effect.* Special thanks to all our members for our resolve and steadfastness through out the struggle.”

http://nextnewslive.com/bayelsa-ASUU-issues-official-statement-regarding-strike/

Re: Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike by nwakibe: 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike by timmy247x: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
nwakibe:
Na wa o

No be small ooooo, students don really suffer and I pray they are opening soon
Re: Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
I hope students still remember the levels they were before the strike.
four months strike fit make me forget my department cheesy
Re: Bayelsa ASUU Issues Official Statement Regarding Strike by timmy247x: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
splenzard:
I hope students still remember the levels they were before the strike.

four months strike fit make me forget my department cheesy

grin I bet most students may forget their matrix numbers and some, faces of their crushes grin

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Micro Biology??? / Sokoto Withdraws Students From Foreign Universities-Premium Times / University Of Benin (UNIBEN) 2016/2017 Admission Screening Exercise Kick Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.