Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,405 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

10 Tips Of Organizing Your office - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office (5087 Views)

Are You The Dreaded Blabber Mouth In Your Office? / Don't Say These Things Again At Your Office / Project Management: Steps To Organizing And Managing Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Webbet(m): 2:18am On Aug 24, 2016
A clean and well-kept office makes a strong impression on how employees view their jobs. To get started the following tips will help you;

1. Develop a system for tracking your daily activities, such as a "things to do" list.
2. Eliminate clutter, allot time for periodic sifting and sorting: discard, give away, or sell surplus possessions.
3. Organize your office and home so everything is accessible; use active and inactive criteria for placing items.
4. Use an organizing principle for organizing your files; alphabetically, by number, color, chronologically etc.
5. For a few, a messy desk is the sign of genius. for most, a messy desk is the sign of disorganization and neglected paperwork. Budget regular time to file and clear off your desk.
6. Get into the habit of dating what you are working on so it will be easier to keep it organized. Date written material on the front or back; incorporate a date into the name of a computer file.
7. To avoid lateness, give yourself an extra 10 or 15 minutes to get to appointments.
8. If you need additional help organizing and getting rid of clutter, take a course or a seminar, hire a time management consultant, read articles or books, or watch a related video.
9. Create your own days or dates, on a weekly, monthly, or annual basis, to clean off your desk, your files, your closets, or to overhaul your organizing system.
10. Have a handy the names, addresses, phone numbers and pick up schedule for charities, recycling, or resale shops that will welcome your old stuff or reading materials to get rid of your clutter.

ref: http://naijatalent..com/2016/08/10-ways-of-organizing-your-homeoffice.html

cc:
Crazyman
1forall

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by uchesino(m): 6:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Ok.

Is dis true FTC, I dedicated dis 2 my swthrt Julie and as I propose 2 u 2day may u say YES.......
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Slimflame(m): 6:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by chimah3(m): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2016
Nice! A scattered person shall still be scattered
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by tochman(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2016
Great tips. But it all boils down to the type of office involved. If u know what I mean grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Innodon(m): 6:41am On Aug 26, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Briteiyobo1(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Really Educating, copied.
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Benjom(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2016
Good one there.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Sijo01(f): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2016
Op, you wey nor fit space your write up na go fit arrange office. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Stanbeto: 7:34am On Aug 26, 2016
Well well well is a 9ice one
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Abasanto(m): 7:36am On Aug 26, 2016
nice tips
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by asahnwaKC: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2016
Great..especially now 3
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Point 2 smites the nail on its head. Who loves to work in a cluttered workspace?
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Princelegacylemoha(m): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2016
Good !! These are the relevant kind of articles I love reading , not Kenya , Uganda wahalla, God bless OP for this !!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by expozey(f): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2016
Nice piece@OP. An organized desk and office aids efficiency.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Webbet(m): 1:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Sijo01:
Op, you wey nor fit space your write up na go fit arrange office. embarassed
lol
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by bobbyherrington: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nice tips
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by jamescook0114: 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
Great list. We just recently switched to the online version of the work. I will definitely attach this list to our online whiteboard, which our employees see every day. It will be useful to keep this list constantly flashing before your eyes, then people will definitely remember its contents. We have just got our registered office address in London so we continue to work even after switching to online mode after the coronavirus hit our office in the city. Public transport has greatly affected this. Now for sure, employees don't have to go anywhere to get to work, hahaha.
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by LisaRobertsI7BZ: 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
jamescook0114:
Great list. We just recently switched to the online version of the work. I will definitely attach this list to our online whiteboard, which our employees see every day. It will be useful to keep this list constantly flashing before your eyes, then people will definitely remember its contents. We have just got our registered office address in London so we continue to work even after switching to online mode after the coronavirus hit our office in the city. Public transport has greatly affected this. Now for sure, employees don't have to go anywhere to get to work, hahaha.
This also works for me.
Re: 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office by Benjamin702: 6:18am On Jun 07, 2021
Just use the right hacks to enhance your lighting and furniture. Also, take a look at these smart office technologies if you want your team to use all the space efficiently and be fully involved in the work.

(1) (Reply)

How To Excel In Interviews (2): STAR Approach / Annual Salary For Entry Levels In Fidelity, Gtb, And Zenith Bank? / How Can I Get My Money From Stanbicibtc Pension Nairalanders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.