Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,612 members, 7,801,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down (38165 Views)

DANMODI RICE Mill In Jigawa (Photos) / Price Of Rice, Grains Fall Drastically In Kano State / Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by MalcoImX: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Prices of food items have crashed in Hadejia, Jigawa, following a significant increase in the supply of agricultural produce to the market.
A check by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday at Hadejia market indicated that prices were down by about 30 percent.
A market survey by NAN showed that a bag of millet was sold at N14, 000 as against N18, 000 while a bag of paddy rice went for N8, 500 as against its previous price of N11, 000.
Other produce such as maize and sorghum were sold at N11, 000 and N13, 000, as against their old prices of N15, 000 and N17, 000, respectively.
NAN investigation showed that the crash was necessitated by the commencement of harvesting of food crops and the corresponding increase in the supply of food items in the market.
NAN also reports that farmers recorded high yields due to appreciable rainfall and good weather condition recorded this cropping season.
Traders who spoke with NAN at the market attributed the drop in prices of food items in the state to increase the supply of fresh produce from the farms.
Alhaji Kassim Adamu, a grain dealer, expressed optimism that prices would further go down, in view of the harvest by farmers.
“The supply keeps moving up and it will push prices further down,” he said.
Also commenting, Alhaji Faruk Abdullah, the Chairman of the state’s Consumer Protection Agency, expressed joy over the development.
Abdullah, however, warned traders against hoarding of food commodities, stressing that the action contravened existing laws governing the operation of the agency.
He warned that agency would prosecute any person found engaging in hoarding or adulteration of food and other consumables items.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/23/prices-of-grains-crash-in-jigawa/

11 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Pavore9: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2016
Sadly, by the time they are arrive other parts of the country the reduction in price will not be felt much.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Flyingngel(m): 7:24am On Aug 24, 2016
It shld better go down before people start dying.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by 9jii(m): 7:26am On Aug 24, 2016
Life is always more difficult in the South.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Pavore9: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2016
9jii:

In what sense?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by jiinxed: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2016
Believe this news at your own peril. Look who the OP is (a certified pay-per-post apc e-warlord), you really want to believe this fellow? grin grin grin

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by locosis007(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Good news.

Hope it gets to 5k per bag realistically or 1k per bag unrealistically.

GDP WILL SOON SHOOT UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by 9jii(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Pavore9:

In what sense?
Life is more expensive
The struggle to get the money is to much
Everyone trying to outsmart you
To much competition
Too much risk and so many

28 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 24, 2016
9jii:

in which geographical area are u insinuating? is it South East or South West or South South or North SOUTH.
I know u most b among dos Avengers.

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by 9jii(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2016
collabo4me:

in which geographical area are u insinuating? is it South East or South West or South South or North SOUTH.
I liv in abia n now in lgs
Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by MalcoImX: 7:45am On Aug 24, 2016
jiinxed:
Believe this news at your own peril. Look who the OP is (a certified pay-per-post apc e-warlord), you really want to believe this fellow? grin grin grin
Keep on blowing the land ScAvenger, while others are harvesting tons of riches from it.
This is from News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by BlackSeptember: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2016
How come i only read about cras in food price but i don't experience it?

All these Eko rice, Anambra rice, Ebonyi rice, Kano rice I've not encountered anyone Except aliens are the ones eating it

16 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by BlackSeptember: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2016
MalcoImX:
Keep on blowing the land ScAvenger, while others are harvesting tons of riches from it.
This is from News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
propaganda to keep you going

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Pavore9: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2016
9jii:

Life is more expensive
The struggle to get the money is to much
Everyone trying to outsmart you
To much competition
Too much risk and so many

North has its own challenges but cost of living is cheaper there.

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Pavore9: 8:07am On Aug 24, 2016
jiinxed:

PM News is reporting that the prices of food items have crashed in Hadejia, Jigawa state or do you have someone there who is confirming the figures PM News provided is false?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by MalcoImX: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2016
BlackSeptember:
propaganda to keep you going
This news is for serious and patriotic Nigerians , who are keeping the wheels of national and international commerce moving. Why can't you guys see how much an investor can make by stumbling upon this news?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by BlackSeptember: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2016
MalcoImX:
This news is for serious and patriotic Nigetians , who are keeping the wheels of national and international commerce moving. Why can't you guys see how much an investor can make by stumbling upon this news?
Are you not an investor or you are waiting for Ymoduluss to go there and buy undecided

Propaganda government for zombies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Positivist: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2016
Ok. Let it circulate Nigeria. We all need to see the said Price "crash down".

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by 9jii(m): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2016
Pavore9:

North has its own challenges but cost of living is cheaper there.

Sure

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by aragon4realz(m): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2016
ιи αנєвσ'ѕ νσι¢є ωну υиα тσσ тнє ℓιє ℓιкє тнιѕ...αиуωαуѕ I gυєѕѕ тнє иαиѕ σя ωнαт єνєя тнє ¢αℓℓ тнємѕєℓνєѕ нανє вєєи ραι∂ тσ ѕαу тнιѕ тяαѕн,ωну αяє уσυ gυєѕѕ gινιиg ℓσѕт нσρє ιт ∂σєѕи'т ωσяк тнαт ωαу,σиє вαg σf яι¢є fσя му єи∂ иα 22к αи∂ яι¢ιиg σя ѕнσυℓ∂ I ѕαу яαιѕιиg
apologies if you don't like my text design and if you do hit the like button

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by KINGwax007(m): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2016
To the wailers...

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by NOBODYY: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
The kind news wey dey give wailers heart attack

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Just 4 days ago I bought full bag of rice for 22k here in Warri. I hope the price goes down fast because rice is one major food we eat here in South south and the hunger people are going through nor be joke.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
good news today, bad tomorrow. where we going sef. cry cry

just thinking maybe I go pass reach Sahara desert cross Europe jare cry

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by MalcoImX: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
I am, in some ways contributing to national uplift. What do you do except to support failures like GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by krissconnect(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
I still hate apc. undecided they made me loose my girlfriend. cry

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Johnnoo(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Better things to come... cool
Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by Mopolchi: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Let them bring those rice down to the south rather than concern themselves with the oyel exploration. Getting more rice with cheap rice should have been their prerogative before they became confused by Buhari to seek for power.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by donofdons: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2016
[size=18pt] due to the agricultural revolution of gej, the God of Nigerian democracy the prices of commodities is crashing day. I just hope this government would sustain the tempo

[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by MadCow1: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2016
collabo4me:

North-South? undecided
Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by phygo89(m): 8:17am On Aug 24, 2016
D
Re: Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down by neolboy(m): 8:18am On Aug 24, 2016
so i should to Jigawa to go and buy my food stuff abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Jollof Day 2018: Three Fun Recipes To Try / Can You Eat This Egg Barbecue? / A Nigerian Dad's Funny Advice To Baby Goes Viral (pic, video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.