Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends (776 Views)

CBN Bars Banks With Huge Bad Loans From Paying Dividends / Lagos Government To Relocate Computer Village To ICT Park Katangowa / The 10 Bank Directors That Have Earned The Highest Dividends In 2016 - PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 7:34am On Aug 24, 2016
The Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has proposed that companies and registrars in custody of dividends, which remain unclaimed by shareholders 12 years after the date of declaration or subsequently attain the 12 years threshold shall upon the coming into effect of the new rule transfer such monies into the Nigerian Capital Market Development Fund according to the provisions of Section 313(1)(n) of the Investments and Securities Act 2007.

The notice read in parts, “All companies and registrars shall not later than 30 days after the end of every calendar year forward to the Commission a report of unclaimed dividends in their custody, which shall specify compliance with sub rule (1) of this rule.

“Companies shall disclose details of compliance with this Rule in their annual reports.
“All comments and input should be forwarded to the Secretariat, Rules Committee of the Commission, via, rulescommittee@sec.gov.ng or through the Director General, SEC, not later than two weeks from the date of publication.”

The SEC recently issued a directive mandating registrars operating in the Nigerian capital market to end issuance of electronic dividend warrant to investors by June 31, 2017.

Source: http://tipsdome.com/nigerian-government-keep-unclaimed-dividends/
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2016
hmm
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by locosis007(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2016
yomalex:
hmm

I guess you didn't understand the news? Lol
Dividends and exchange tend to be confusing ryt
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2016
locosis007:

I guess you didn't understand the news? Lol
Dividends and exchange tend to be confusing ryt
care to explain?
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by manutdadex(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2016
What are they doing to locate d owners,wey fit don die! Or govt just dey find free money
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by Aminat508(f): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2016
Yomalex angry I need bulk SMS nah undecided

Yomalex, yr numb is not going and hv bn trying to... Dont understand it[ undecided
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Aminat508:
Yomalex angry I need bulk SMS nah undecided

Yomalex, yr numb is not going and hv bn trying to... Dont understand it[ undecided
Lost my Sims with a friends phone i'm here(07051015440) till wednesday, are you using visa? if it's mastercard you have you have to go through mastercard, you could also transfer as usual wink
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by Aminat508(f): 8:56am On Sep 12, 2016
yomalex:
Lost my Sims with a friends phone i'm here(07051015440) till wednesday, are you using visa? if it's mastercard you have you have to go through mastercard, you could also transfer as usual wink
Yea Visa, it's not going oo since nah embarassed I'm confused jare
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2016
Aminat508:
Yea Visa, it's not going oo since nah embarassed I'm confused jare
Maybe you have not enrolled for Verified by Visa VBV. if you have mastercard make use of it if not do transfer o

when you go out make use of the following steps at an atm

1. Locate any nearest VISA/VPAY enabled ATM
2. Insert your card and punch in your pin
3. Select the pin change option
4. select Internet PIN (i-PIN) change option
5. Insert any four-six digits of your choice as your i-pin
6. Re-enter the digits entered in step 5
7. If you have done the above correctly, a message is displayed that your PIN was changed successfully. This means your card is now enrolled in the VbV program and you have an internet PIN (i-PIN) which can be for any internet related transactions.
8. Note that the word 'iPIN', 'Password' and 'VbV code' are the same
9. You can now visit your favourite VbV enabled site to shop securely

Please note that this is only for internet related transactions and it does not change your regular PIN used on ATM and POS
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by Aminat508(f): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2016
yomalex:
Maybe you have not enrolled for Verified by Visa VBV. if you have mastercard make use of it if not do transfer o

7. If you have done the above correctly, a message is displayed that your PIN was changed successfully. This means your card is now enrolled in the VbV program and you have an internet PIN (i-PIN) which can be for any internet related transactions.

Please note that this is only for internet related transactions and it does not change your regular PIN used on ATM and POS

Username : Aminat508
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by Aminat508(f): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2016
yomalex:

Ha!! Yomi!!

I need to get it now angry I have bn trying to call, still not going Send me yr account number tru mail, credit my account with 500 units
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Aminat508:
Ha!! Yomi!!

I need to get it now angry I have bn trying to call, still not going Send me yr account number tru mail, credit my account with 500 units
done o biko send glo recharge to 07051015440
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by Aminat508(f): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2016
yomalex:
done o biko send glo recharge to 07051015440
OK right now!! grin
Re: Government To Keep Unclaimed Dividends by yomalex(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2016
Aminat508:
OK right now!! grin
seen cheesy your username na amiloaded na undecided
o kare o just dy enter fp anyhow cool

(1) (Reply)

Do You Say 'HELLO' When Picking Up The Phone? Read Why! / The Best Online Network Marketing Business That Pays / Request For Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.