Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

#RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. (2388 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Married An Impotent Man / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by tunbosun002(f): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2016
Brother of late Mayowa Ahmed, Habeeb Ahmed, has said Nigerian media contributed greatly to the death of his sister, Mayowa, who died in a South African Hospital on Sunday August 21, 2016 after losing a running battle with Ovarian Cancer.

Habeeb spoke exclusively with a Celeb Police Agent this afternoon in a telephone conversation and regretted the contributions of some overzealous bloggers and actors who delayed her sister’s treatment overseas. He said in a trembling voice which still nurses grief and anger that; “We won’t talk to any media house no matter the pressure they might be putting on us to talk because they led Mayowa to where she is now. They killed her. The only reason that will make us speak to any media house is if they would promise us that after speaking, Mayowa will come back to life.”

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Flexherbal(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2016
Oh!
So sad!!
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2016
He should go and sit down mchew. undecided

9 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by adaksbullet: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
whot his these one he sayed noun? undecided we naijeria his killed ur sista? are u seen blad,nife,gon,pinstu on our hand? undecided undecided beta go and chop smoll boy undecided

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Its very sad
May God comfort the family cos its a great loss
However the people who made the most negative impact were the doctors who misdiagnosed her from the onset
Stage 4 cancer did not appear overnight and maybe if it had been caught earlier then maybe she will still be here

Toyin and Linda did not help issues by jumping up and down without making proper investigations, and were very unprofessional and I hope they have both learnt very serious lessons from this...... but lets not forget that they were the ones who publicised the case in the first instance to raise those millions.
Without their input, the family may not have been able to raise so much in such a short period of time.

All said and done, nothing will bring mayowa back
RIP sweet one

2 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by BlackSeptember: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2016
Your sister was in a vegetable state and with no help on the way. The media was used to raise money for her to be ferried out and we should applaud them for the short time it took to raise the money.

RipMayowa cos you fought the cancer like a Nigerian who never gives up

3 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by njiasi30(f): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmm, what a painful death after all d pains she must ve gone tru... It would ve been a miracle if she had survived, God knows best. cry May she rest in d blossom of d Almighty God cry

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by justhelp(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2016
Its Toyin and aunty smelling puss.y that delay her treatment and God will punish them, two old useless prostitutes with no family life.
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by emeraldknytt(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2016
adaksbullet:
whot his these one he sayed noun? undecided we naijeria his killed ur sista? are u seen blad,nife,gon,pinstu on our hand? undecided undecided beta go and chop smoll boy undecided
Dude, you really need to head back to crechè. Your choice of words is absolutely laughable and intimidating

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Seahawk: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2016
He's just grief stricken that's why he's blabbing.
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Seahawk: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2016
justhelp:
Its Toyin and aunty smelling puss.y that delay her treatment and God will punish them, two old useless prostitutes with no family life.
they are the ones who raised the money for her in The first place. silly

5 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by donbenedict(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2016
adaksbullet:
cc: estharfabian grin
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2016
donbenedict:
cc: estharfabian grin
he gets funnier every time!grin

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by xynerise: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2016
justhelp:

Last I checked both are neither the doctors nor late Mayowa's financial directors

3 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by donbenedict(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2016
Estharfabian:

he gets funnier every time!grin

abi.. he's damn cool.
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Oldlayez: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2016
See this guy man. Oga, we need you to come and account for the remaining change out of 100million.

Rip mayowa

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by freecocoa(f): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2016
He's a mad man, stage 4 cancer na play? Mschew.

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by justhelp(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Seahawk:
they are the ones who raised the money for her in The first place. silly
so you are silly ? Why the delay ? You just type without brain ?
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by eyinjuege: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Nigerians should learn to accept unavoidable deaths.

Even Steve Jobs accepted it and put all his affairs in order.
I hope she was able to do that.

I wonder why donations were taken for terminal cancer?

Did the drs in south Africa offer a possible cure? Or just end of life care?

There should be regulatory bodies for all these charities/NGOs and solicitions for donations.

Meanwhile, what happens to the 100million donated by Nigerians?

Will the family kolobi it or donate it to a cancer charity?

3 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by 5tss(f): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
adaksbullet:
Like seriously,Are u for real?As in are u a human being?
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by jidxin(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
tearoses:
Its very sad
However the people who made the most negative impact were the doctors who misdiagnosed her from the onset
Stage 4 cancer did not appear overnight and maybe if it had been caught earlier then maybe she will still be here

Toyin and Linda did not help issues by jumping up and down without making proper investigations, and were very unprofessional and I hope they have both learnt very serious lessons from this...... but lets not forget that they were the ones who publicised the case in the first instance to raise those millions.
Without their input, the family may not have been able to raise so much in such a short period of time.

RIP sweet one you are wrong nd hez wrong. they also had a role dey played ( i mean d family members) in d delay so dey shouldnt apportion blame to no one as a mata of fact bloggers also helped in getting d money but they were distracted by d way.... rip dear

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by jidxin(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
justhelp:
y must u comment wit ur butt. dey were not at fault at all
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by jidxin(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
justhelp:
so you are silly ? Why the delay ? You just type without brain ?
im sorry to say u typed without 1 too

1 Like

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Iffffffy(f): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
RIP mayowa
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Lordkylie(f): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
here we go again! Rip Beautiful Soul dazall am saying
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by justhelp(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
jidxin:
y must u comment wit ur butt. dey were not at fault at all
your brain is as useless as used tissue paper
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
tearoses:
Its very sad

RIP sweet one

Honestly, I don't think Linda and Toyin were completely wrong . . . her case was actually hopeless and soliciting money from well-meaning Nigerians was deceptive. Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer? Haba . . . . Only a miracle will make her survive that!

I think the family tried to do something funny but when exposed, were forced to take her to SA for treatment. Was SA the original plan? Didn't they have better options than SA? Looks to me that they wanted somewhere close to home, in the event of her death. undecided

As for the so-called 'investigation', we all know how Nigerian Police works.

RIP to Mayowa . . . . Sad loss!

3 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by CoCoLav(f): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ujoan:

Honestly, I don't think Linda and Toyin were completely wrong . . . her case was actually hopeless and soliciting money from well-meaning Nigerians was deceptive. Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer? Haba . . . . Only a miracle will make her survive that!

I think the family tried to do something funny but when exposed, were forced to take her to SA for treatment. Was SA the original plan? Didn't they have better options than SA? Looks to me that they wanted somewhere close to home, in the event of her death. undecided

Exactly my sentiments. Not to come across as insensitive but I still believe there was an element of greed in the family's actions. Linda's stand was that the doctors had already told the family she had a 0.001 percent chance of survival yet they went ahead to ask Nigerians to raise money. Raising money for issues like brain tumours or kidney transplant is okay because there is a 50-50 chance of survival but raising money for stage 4 cancer is deceptive in my opinion.

Their priority should have been on how to make her more comfortable in her last days instead of feeding her to the media.
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by ladyF(f): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
He should show a bit of gratitude at least. This same media publicised yous sister's case.

Chances were really slim from the start.

2 Likes

Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ujoan:

From what I read the family were not explicitly told that there was no hope for Mayowa
We all know that doctors don't always tell the truth/give the full story
Ive been there so I know
Im sure that someone would have suggested the "fly her abroad" and the family who were clutching at anything to keep her alive would have done everything they could to do just that
Lets not forget that some doctors missed the diagnosis when it was in stage 1-3
So I don't always believe everything they tell us

The only thing I see is that she wasn't under any specific doctor who should have been the spokesperson for her and it looks as if the family didn't have good rapport with her carers, hence no one stepped forward to say that she was under their care and give more info on the travelling plans.

When I heard stage 4, I was surprised to hear that she was being flown out anywhere for that matter, but if the family had been given hope by a doctor and they are medically illiterate then they had no option but to follow whatever they were told and do anything to keep their relative alive.

I don't think that Toyin and Linda saw any documents from Late Mayowas doctors saying that flying her out was a waste of time, so I dont know where they got their scam idea from

To me its a big misunderstanding, lack of communication and knowledge.
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
CoCoLav:

Exactly my sentiments. Not to come across as insensitive but I still believe there was an element of greed in the family's actions. Linda's stand was that the doctors had already told the family she had a 0.001 percent chance of survival yet they went ahead to ask Nigerians to raise money. Raising money for issues like brain tumours or kidney transplant is okay because there is a 50-50 chance of survival but raising money for stage 4 cancer is deceptive in my opinion.

Their priority should have been on how to make her more comfortable in her last days instead of feeding her to the media.

But all the appeals for money that I saw clearly stated that she had stage 4 cancer, so people donated for one of 2 reasons
1. They didnt understand what stage 4 meant (same could be said of the family)
2. They understood what stage 4 meant but still felt that its not over until its over and that there was still hope

God forbid if same happened to a member of my family, I will fight to the very last too with hope and faith which is what I beleive that the family did
Re: #RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
CoCoLav:

CocoLav the CocoLav

The feeder of the media
The judge of the jungle
Strong woman
The defender of the galaxy
The fighter of the realm
Lol.

On a more serious note,

The Mayowa suposed scam case has been overblown out of proportion.

What is a scam?

What constitute a scam?

If I were Mayowa's brother I'll be duly suing Linda Ikeji to court. #1b to prove #SaveMayowa was a scam! Her keyboards won't save her!!!

Just last season Leicester City won the EPL against a 5000:1 Odd. Same odd as Kim Kardashian becoming the next president of US.

You said it yourself, there was a chance, 0.0000001 or not.

Have people survived stage 4 cancer? Yes, Many!

Linda took to the largest blog in Africa and confirmed Mayowa was going to die, consequently battering all of her family in the process. I strongly believe that was inhuman.

Mayowa's family should please make me happy, by dragging that Aunt to court and make her tell the world why she isn't guilty of Defamation of Character. #1b will be a good start.

8 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding / I Don't Know If This Is Normal? Nairalanders I Need Your Help. / Going For Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.