Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Men Really Want From Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Really Want From Marriage (4344 Views)

This Is What Men Suffer / What Men Feel After Divorce? / What Men Should Never Do To Their Woman(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by quivah(f): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
5minsmadness:

Submission=respect.
Good food =good home = good environment.
Let me translate good food further.

Preparing the food for him =shows you are thinking about him, about his welfare.
Keeping the food waiting for him when he comes and its hot= shows you are thoughtful. You have given him immediate relief from outside wahala.
A hungry man is an angry man is a wise saying. A hungry man comes home and sees no food. He translates it to mean you are not caring, you cannot take care of him, you didnt think of him. His welfare is not important to you.
And the more you repeat this scenario for him the more infuriated he becomes. He may not voice it to you cos most men dont express thier feelings well but thats what he thinks.
I get your point sir. but im coming from the op's perspective.
he doesn't think food and submission is important.
and good food doesn't necessary translate to good home. what do you say about a good cook that nags.?!

PS; I do not think respect equates to submission.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by byvan03: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
5minsmadness:

There are men that have only one testicle.
You do not use the abnormal to judge the normal.
Am busy. Will respond later.

Short response is Ok. Everyone can't be the same, people react differently to displeasure.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by 5minsmadness: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
Cc innovestor, rilokikey.
I didnt comment on your thread but i think u might find this interesting.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
The one only thing that men want in marriage is submission cheesy wink wink kiss
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by YourCoffin: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
A wife that doesn't nag and happy kids. Finish
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
“men marry a woman hoping she will never change, and women marry a man hoping to change him.”

Just yesterday, I was pondering on the authenticity of this saying. I found it somewhat true, and came to the conclusion that this is the reason most marriages fail; stable behaviour men and unstable behaviour in women grin. I'm serious. This is the reason why many men, myself included, consider women psychotic. We can't understand how something that was cool just three months ago is now akin to a crime against humanity. Chinese! shocked

Anyway, to the women asking about submission in the list, it's there already. You can't see it because you're not men. grin. Sorry.

BTW, the OP is super spot on.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by eph12(m): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:
“men marry a woman hoping she will never change, and women marry a man hoping to change him.”
Just yesterday, I was pondering on the authenticity of this saying. I found it somewhat true, and came to the conclusion that this is the reason most marriages fail; stable behaviour men and unstable behaviour in women grin. I'm serious. This is the reason why many men, myself included, consider women psychotic. We can't understand how something that was cool just three months ago is now akin to a crime against humanity. Chinese! shocked
Anyway, to the women asking about submission in the list, it's there already. You can't see it because you're not men. grin. Sorry.
Maybe they need to define what they mean by submission though.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

BTW, the OP is super spot on.
I don't think so, seems to me like you think the point on criticising him equals submission.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
I don't think so, seems to me like you think the point on criticising him equals submission.

Ok, jokes aside, it isn't there. But, so what? Oh, i get it. Only Nigerian men are hung up on submission eh? Well, not all Nigerian men want submissive women and I can say, with authority, that more oyibo men are going back to the barbaric tradition of submissive wives. So...

2 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Ok, jokes aside, it isn't there. But, so what? Oh, i get it. Only Nigerian men are hung up on submission eh? Well, not all Nigerian men want submissive women and I can say, with authority, that more oyibo men are going back to the barbaric tradition of submissive wives. So...
You wish.

1 Like

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by bellong: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
bukatyne:

Welcome to the thread

Women have always heard what men want/ how to be good wives on our side of the divide. Compare the amount of wives/women seminar to that of husbands/men.

This article was written from the POV of a western man/husband.

Wonder what a typical Nigerian's will be like? Perhaps chores, well kept home, obedience, good food, sex, etc.??

Modified to welcome you smiley

One of the mistakes we make is we think Western men are different from other men especially African men.

Aside those that their relationships are defined by any belief or religion that subjugates women, men's interest world over in a woman is the same.

The view of a Western man about a woman is not different from that of a Nigerian and a Westerner does not treat his wife any better than a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
bellong:

One of the mistakes we make is we think Western men are different from other men especially African men.

Aside those that their relationships are defined by any belief or religion that subjugates women, men's interest world over in a woman is the same.

The view of a Western man about a woman is not different from that of a Nigerian and a Westerner does not treat his wife any better than a Nigerian.

Blasphemy!!! You risk a trip to the guillotine

freecocoa:
You wish.

Wish what?
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Wish what?
That it be true, what you said about white men going back to the tradition of submissive wives.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
That it be true, what you said about white men going back to the tradition of submissive wives.

Well, you can find out for yourself. Seek, and you shall...
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Well, you can find out for yourself. Seek, and you shall...
There's nothing to seek is the point boo.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
There's nothing to seek is the point boo.

Alright, boo. smiley
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by bellong: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Blasphemy!!! You risk a trip to the guillotine

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A convincing counter will have to disprove the statement.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Alright, boo. smiley
wink grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
wink grin

Abi na. I done hear you. I'm trying to find my inner chi grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
bellong:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A convincing counter will have to disprove the statement.

Convincing counter? You are wrong. It is known grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Abi na. I done hear you. I'm trying to find my inner chi grin
That's wonderful, you are doing great so far, I hope you are practicing tai chi? Helps you get there quicker.grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
That's wonderful, you are doing great so far, I hope you are practicing tai chi? Helps you get there quicker.grin

For where? This one na food chi o. Before i chop finish, I done forget wetin I wan type. grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

For where? This one na food chi o. Before i chop finish, I done forget wetin I wan type. grin
grin grin grin

You too like food.grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

You too like food.grin

Like mad. Which is why I'm particular about marrying a woman who can cook grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Like mad. Which is why I'm particular about marrying a woman who can cook grin
Okay o, go for an akwa-ibomite, I hear they are great at that.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
Okay o, go for an akwa-ibomite, I hear they are great at that.

I already have that covered I'm afraid. But I did date an Oron chick once. Pretty solid in the kitchen.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Jahblessme: 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
@ bukatyne,
Varies from man to man
The internet warriors may prefer submission to s ex
Some prefer peaceful homes
Some well cooked meal
Some would prefer s ex from morning till night and not bothered by cooking skills
Some with one testicle will prefer to be called Chief above anythingelse.
Depends on the man.

Don't really care about what men want these days though .Maybe you should create a more interesting one about what women want let's see if the recalcitrant offenders will pick a thing or two.

Cheerio

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:20am On Aug 25, 2016
only two things I need
sex and
kids. that's all
the rest can be sourced from outside, food, financial support, emotional support bla bla bla. just sex and kids finish
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 2:31am On Aug 25, 2016
A DUMMY HOE that kisses azzzze and eats cold shyte from his rancid butt 24/7! grin

Someone they can CHEAT to kingdom come, while being eternally grateful to answer that almighty MRS. NOBODY!

Meanwhile, na the women pay their own "goat" prices o! cheesy

Ego stroking till she QUENCH! wink

2 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by freecocoa(f): 5:40am On Aug 25, 2016
Timbuktuo:

I already have that covered I'm afraid. But I did date an Oron chick once. Pretty solid in the kitchen.
That's good for you my friend, may your days be filled with delicious chows.grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Ewuro4: 5:46am On Aug 25, 2016
For those with their heads screwed on tight.. 1.Good food
2. Regular sex
3. Respect

4. And some SOB of dem like to live on their spouses' hard earned cash on top all aforementioned too grin morafockers I call those ..

The quality of good Naija men are getting brittle by the hr , lord help upcoming generation.

2 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Ewuro4: 5:58am On Aug 25, 2016
5minsmadness:

Good food =good home = good environment.
Let me translate good food further.

Preparing the food for him =shows you are thinking about him, about his welfare.
Keeping the food waiting for him when he comes and its hot= shows you are thoughtful. You have given him immediate relief from outside wahala.
A hungry man is an angry man is a wise saying. A hungry man comes home and sees no food. He translates it to mean you are not caring, you cannot take care of him, you didnt think of him. His welfare is not important to you.
And the more you repeat this scenario for him the more infuriated he becomes. He may not voice it to you cos most men dont express thier feelings well but thats what he thinks.

Men just love food. They prefer home cooked than a five star restaurant meal any day. I don't get it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Food Stuffs/ Provisions/home Essentials Weekly/ Monthly / Help I Need A Wife, companion and a partner / I Need Friends Badly. Good Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.