Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,136 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Best Top 10 Rappers From Northern(Arewa), Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Best Top 10 Rappers From Northern(Arewa), Nigeria (12216 Views)

Top 10 Rappers In Nigeria / Arewa Radio 93.1 Kano / NIGERIAN TOP 10 Rappers Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Top 10 Rappers From Northern(Arewa), Nigeria by arewathebest(m): 11:39am On Aug 24, 2016
Top 10 Hottest Rappers From Northern Nigeria

1. M.I (Jude Abaga):
Twitter: @mi_abaga
The biggest of them all and richest rapper in Nigeria. MI came into national limelight in 2008. An Indigene of Taraba state and raised in Jos, it was tracks like 'Safe' ft Djinee, 'short black boy', 'anoti', etc that shot him to the top of naija rap game with his debute album 'let's talk about it'. His second album 'M.I.2' released in 2010 was another thriller that gave us something we had never heard such as 'number one ft Flavour, 'my head my belle', etc. He has won many awards was nominated for best international act in the BET awards in 2010. M.I is the founder of Loopy records and is currently the vice president of Chocolate City where he's been signed since 2008. He released his 3rd Studio Album 'The Chairman' in 2014 featuring a lot of Nigerian star artists. M.I is a glo ambassador.

2. ICE PRINCE (Panshak Zamani ):
Twitter: @iceprincezamani
Is an International Superstar. An Indigine of Plateau State and raised in Jos. He came into the limelight in 2009 through M.I and was featured on tracks like 'somebody wants to die' 'blaze' then 'overkilling it remix' by Djinee and 'Nobody Test Me' by Jesse Jags. Also signed to chocolate city, his first hit single was 'oleku' ft Brymo which was a club banger, second hit was 'superstar' another massive hit single was 'Northerner' all included in his debut album 'E.L.I' of 2011. His sophomore album 'FOZ' was realeased in 2013 and featured international collaborations with Wale, French Montana, Joel Otis, Sarkodie and AKA. Ice Prince won Best African Act at the 2013 BET awards.

3. JESSE JAGZ (Jesse Abaga):
Twitter: @jessejagz
The kid brother to M.I. Abaga, Jesse Jags got popular before Ice Prince, but its obvious that Ice Prince now has more Hits, Wealth and Fame than Jesse. Signed to Chocolate city thorugh his elder brother, he was featured on M.I's 'blaze' and Djinee's 'over killing it remix' his first hit single was 'greatest' then 'wetin dey' 'pump it up' all included' his first album 'jagz of all trade' in 2010.
He left chocolate city and founded his own label 'Jagz Nation' where he released his sophomore album 'Jagz Nation Vol I: Thy Nation come' in 2013 with hits like 'Only you' ft Wizkid. The Album didn't do well in terms of sales but any one who settles down to listen to it will really appreciate the depth of his lyrics and the versitility of Jesse Jagz. 'Jagz Nation vol II: Royal Niger Company' is his third album and was released in 2014.

4. CLASSIQ ( Buba Barnabas Luka):
Twitter: @ClassiQ
Currently the fastest rising rapper from the North. Classiq is an indigine of Bauchi State, and a graduate of BUK. His unique style of rap has been gaining the attention of Hiphop heads all over the country. He raps fluently in hausa, impecably in English and superbly in pidjin all of which he combines on his verses. His Mixtape 'sarki' is seriously d0pe with hot tracks like 'duniya' ft Ruby, 'duniya remix' ft Jesse Jagz, 'kakaraka' 'sarki' 'magana', 'danburo uba shege' etc. He was featured by Vector on the remix of Kingkong alongside Phyno, Reminisce and Uzi and many agree that his verse was the illest. He's currently signed to Finesse entertainment. Probably the best indigenous rapper in Naija, Olamide and Phyno are good but man, Classiq is better. When Olamide and Phyno switch to English in their verses, they usually sound mediocre, but Classiq is awesome in any language.

5. MORELL (Musa Akilla) :
Twitter: @iMORELL
Morell became popular after he released his single 'anti social' ft Olamide. Born in Bauchi state but an Indigine of Borno. He raps and Sings and has done collaborations with Naeto C, Ruggedman, Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince, Terry The Rap Man, OD, Ain Mosini, Vector, Godwon and Pherowshuz backed with performances alongside international stars, Sean Kingston and Kanye West. A graduate of University of Maiduguri, He is currently signed to Bento records. Some of his recent works include: 'ganga da garaya' 'Borno' and 'wazobia' ft Reminisce and Phyno.

6. UNIQUEPIKIN (Mubarak Muhammad)
Twitter @uniquepikinjiga
Instagram @official_uniquepikin
Real name Mubarak Muhammad a.k.a UNIQUE PIKIN,was born in Jigawa state. This talented artist is just 19 years old. Also known by the name Jiga (an abbreviation from the word Jigawa), he is currently a student of Bayero University Kano.
After the recent release of his first single, UNIQUE PIKIN drops his second single in quick succession titled ATAPA .
“ATAPA” means “EVERYBODY CLAP”.
The song has an upbeat tempo that will make you gyrate. The afro-highlife infusion is so awesome. There is one thing that makes this artist UNIQUE, his vocal delivery and how he plays on the beat.
ATAPA is all about making UNIQUE PIKIN dishing out something to his fans and at the end, they show their appreciation by giving him a full round of applause.
He lives between Kano, Jigawa and Lagos. Well versed in English, Hausa and Yoruba, he only needs a bit of Igbo to be a complete Nigerian.
Signed under “NO LIMITS RECORDS” just recently , he works with this dope Producer, MEGAMIXX under the label.

7. KHEENGZ aka YFK (King Bawa):
Twitter: @yungkheengz
Here is another very talented rapper from arewa. He hails from Naija state and is a graduate of ABU Zaria. One of the pioneers of d0pe hausa rap with his silky smooth vocal texture, interesting lyrics and technique. Kheengz was known in some quaters of the north before Classiq broke out, He featured M.I on the track jealous' and Erigga on 'high school remix' He also did a cover of Dija's track 'yaro' naming his 'Haba'. Kheengz dropped his 'college kid mixtape' CKMT in 2013 with some of the illest rap tracks around. Some of his hottest tracks include 'balling' 'run arewa' 'wasila' '48' 'Yara' 'I believe' etc. Word on the streets is that he will soon be dropping his EP

8. TERRY THA RAPMAN/T.R (Terry Madaki):
Twitter: @Iamlord_TR
An indigene of Nasarawa state but raised in Kaduna. Terry was one of the pioneers of hiphop in Naija. Came into limelight with 'I am a Nigerian' and went on to make 'na beans' which was a popular hiphop classic. His other popular tracks are 'ojoro' ft Terry G, and 'sample' ft Stereoman and Pherowshuz. Terry raps both in plain english and pidjin with ease and he kills any track he's on no wonder he has worked with many Nigerian star artists on both his tracks and features. He was a co-founder of the Swatroot Crew with Solo Dee, Six Foot Plus, Mode 9, and Eldee. His last track 'your best rapper is a lie' is one where he took a little swipe at the naija music industry. Boys Are Not Smilling!!!

9. PheroWshuz (David Torkuma Joshua):
Twitter: @iampherow
Was born in Sokoto and raised in Kaduna. Since his days in the revolutionary hip hop group "KD World", Pherowshuz has been spitting fire. He's a veteran in the Nigerian music scene and has been an inspiration to many 'a rapper. One of he's biggets hits is 'Korrect' which gained him nationwide recognition. His works range from 'the Return of Phero the Great' [the Album], to 'Blood , Sweat, Tears And Years' [The Mixtape]. He has collaborated with Modenine, Eldee, Terry tha Rapman, Yung6, etc

10. MAGNITO (Mohammed Usman Adamu):
Twitter: @officialmagnito
Hails from Benue state. He is a graduate of Unijos. He is signed to Deklientel Music. His track that first drew attention was 'medecine girl' in 2010. He has done various other tracks and collaborations and featured Phyno on his latest track 'hoha' in 2015
The north is never bereft of Hiphop Talents. Not forgetting guys like Six Foot Plus, Alchadas, Freezlinks, etc.
note: some people argue that benue is not north so you are permitted to take the benue guys off the list in your mind if you hold that view.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Top 10 Rappers From Northern(Arewa), Nigeria by ajokebelle(f): 11:52am On Aug 24, 2016
OP, most of the name on that list are not Hausa's , I'm very sure numbers 1,2,3,4,7,8 and 9, are not Hausa's, they are just from the northern part of the country, why are u trying to famz with the people the Hausa's call minority and have no regard for.
So please remove Hausa from the topic.
Re: Best Top 10 Rappers From Northern(Arewa), Nigeria by Wukari(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
These guys are just too good

(1) (Reply)

How To Win More Coins On Boomplay! 5 Top Easy Ways To Get Boom Coins / Flavour - Big Baller (Official Video) / DOWNLOAD Naira Marley – Tesumole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.