Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1041 Views)

Shitu Abdullahi Scored 306 In JAMB And Also Excelled In WAEC. But Has No Sponsor / . / Lady Who Sold Noodles & Egg To Sponsor Herself Through University. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by brainhack(m): 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
Re: . by eph12(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
Why exactly do you need to study abroad?
Re: . by brainhack(m): 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
eph12:
Why exactly do you need to study abroad?

The University's Department of Accounting & Finance is highly rated, the programme i intend to undertake has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program.

I have gone through the course content, apart from the clear fact it provides a rigorous education; to me this knowledge will double as a life skill.

I am most definitely not concerned about location. It is all about the depth of what is being offered.
Re: . by eph12(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
brainhack:

The University's Department of Accounting & Finance is highly rated, the programme i intend to undertake has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program.

I have gone through the course content, apart from the clear fact it provides a rigorous education; to me this knowledge will double as a life skill.

I am most definitely not concerned about location. It is all about the depth of what is being offered.
That's okay. Just that personally I just need a fraction of that for ICAN, ACCA, and whatever professional cert that nigerian employers will value more. The remaining part can be used to set up yourself when you decide to go into private practice or open your own company. Unless you plan to stay there after your education I don't see the need.
Re: . by brainhack(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
eph12:

That's okay. Just that personally I just need a fraction of that for ICAN, ACCA, and whatever professional cert that nigerian employers will value more. The remaining part can be used to set up yourself when you decide to go into private practice or open your own company. Unless you plan to stay there after your education I don't see the need.

Yes, you are correct to an extent. Today i had this same conversation with a Learning & Development professional, I don't want to obtain a qualification just for the sake of having one and be lost in the crowd but i am a rational thinker too. I presented your option and this option to him and he was all for this.

I cant go in depth to his explanation, if you think it is too expensive and it is not worth it, also know that you are correct based on your current level of knowledge (unfortunately Nigeria's situation has adversely affected all of us embarassed ).

its all about value and application wink
Re: . by eph12(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
brainhack:

Yes, you are correct to an extent. Today i had this same conversation with a Learning & Development professional, I don't want to obtain a qualification just for the sake of having one and be lost in the crowd but i am a rational thinker too. I presented your option and this option to him and he was all for this.

I cant go in depth to his explanation, if you think it is too expensive and it is not worth it, also know that you are correct based on your current level of knowledge (unfortunately Nigeria's situation has adversely affected all of us embarassed ).

its all about value and application wink
Nah am looking at from the employer angle. I assume you will apply for jobs after this course?
Re: . by brainhack(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
eph12:

Nah am looking at from the employer angle. I assume you will apply for jobs after this course?

Yes and no. Not just any job*. i have the end in mind..... Why don't i take these millions and set-up something with it? spending some much, how much do i expect to earn? and so on.

Forget jobs, float your mind away from an average Nigerian graduate' mentality; I would be paying for a life experience. i like to think of it as knowledge bestowed from heaven grin. We don't live to work, we work to live. Its only one life, i plan to live it without limitations.
Re: . by eph12(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
brainhack:

Yes and no. Not just any job*. i have the end in mind..... Why don't i take these millions and set-up something with it? spending some much, how much do i expect to earn? and so on.

Forget jobs, float your mind away from an average Nigerian graduate' mentality; I would be paying for a life experience. i like to think of it as knowledge bestowed from heaven grin. We don't live to work, we work to live. Its only one life, i plan to live it without limitations.

This nigerian mentality you just saying sef. Lol. Forget the millions you spend on one course or the other, the best experience or knowledge is gotten on the job. You have some particular job you're targeting and that's why you want to go for this I presume. Good for you. But if not it's a waste of time and money.
Re: . by brainhack(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
eph12:

This nigerian mentality you just saying sef. Lol. Forget the millions you spend on one course or the other, the best experience or knowledge is gotten on the job. You have some particular job you're targeting and that's why you want to go for this I presume. Good for you. But if not it's a waste of time and money.

Noted. Trust me this wont be a waste of time and money. i hate wastage wink

(1) (Reply)

An Eclipse Just Occured In Uyo(photos) / Unilorin Accomodation (off Campus) / UTME Past Questions And Answers Soft Copy Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.