Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (75440 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by endove(f): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
embarasseduwa mmebi

karashikas everywhere you go just like mtn
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
autolearner:
My Pastor Would Always Say, If It Is Not in the Bible, DO NOT follow it!

Once there is a biblical backing for this, then it's good. But so far, i have not found one!

Id*&#s who call themselves pastors in a bid to tell this new (#artnotNudity) generation what they want to hear and fleece them will go to any length to twist and turn the bible. Reminds me of a time when an ex told me she'd like to be a muse for a topless shoot. I simply told her to walk and never look back. We can't abound in sin and ask for grace to continue.

These verses of the bible sums it all up;

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

I love this!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Austin234(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Where is it in the Bible?
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by MrMontella(m): 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Americans will be americans...religious or not
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by terrezo2002(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
1 Corinthians 6 :18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Verse 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Corinthians 7 :2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by bezimo(m): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
neocortex:

Why dodging the main issue ?
Are you guilty of any of the sins listed below ? Yes or No

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, SinParties, and t[b]hings like these[/b]. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

If No, I am sorry for quoting you
but if Yes , you are in no way different fro the
"sinners" you choose to chastise.

I aint perfect, but I am also not guilty of anything mentioned just like some others out there. I hope you find true salvation so you stop reacting like a typical pharisee or saduccee who love criticising, questioning and debating obvious truths
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Pylony(m): 12:12am On Aug 25, 2016
A fake will do any thing to sell market, she did not give any biblical reference to back her misinformation.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Cityguy: 12:48am On Aug 25, 2016
autolearner:
My Pastor Would Always Say, If It Is Not in the Bible, DO NOT follow it!

Once there is a biblical backing for this, then it's good. But so far, i have not found one!

Id*&#s who call themselves pastors in a bid to tell this new (#artnotNudity) generation what they want to hear and fleece them will go to any length to twist and turn the bible. Reminds me of a time when an ex told me she'd like to be a muse for a topless shoot. I simply told her to walk and never look back. We can't abound in sin and ask for grace to continue.

These verses of the bible sums it all up;

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by chuka9319: 12:50am On Aug 25, 2016
SAMBATLAN:
[size=14pt]If she's not ready for a pre-marital sex, you should also never be available for a pre-marital spending[/size]______MUGABE (2016) grin grin cheesy

You Sabi

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Akolawole(m): 12:57am On Aug 25, 2016
Destructive Heresy Madam cry

..... And millions of copies will then be sold

..... And the woman will publish another book to counter this.....

It is a lie from the pit of hell.

Dont buy any Pastor's book until you 'chew' Bible well well
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by queenDD(f): 1:27am On Aug 25, 2016
She is talking nonsense...end time pastor
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by k2square4life: 1:42am On Aug 25, 2016
don't b ignorant of d devices of d devil
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by nefertitiram: 2:03am On Aug 25, 2016
Qmerit:
Let me go and read the 10 commandments once more.

Please do.

10 commandments was silent on Fornication but mentioned Adultery... I still wonder why!

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by leofab(f): 2:08am On Aug 25, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Lol, BWB. I guess Jesus was killed because he believed in Judaism Or do you believe he never died on the cross like the muslims do? You need a lot of sunday school lesson and maybe Monday through Saturday lessons too.
not only cross; why not circle ?
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Qmerit(m): 4:35am On Aug 25, 2016
nefertitiram:

Please do.

10 commandments was silent on Fornication but mentioned Adultery... I still wonder why!

I see!!!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by hjkl: 5:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Interesting, I just made a thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3302390/scoan#48722344 about this. It has some Bible texts.
Some other thing is all the specialities. It actually seems that all have the same basic feelings about this. Proof right away is complex, I think. But there are examples. Mostly from real life. Like in prisons. The ancient Greek society. Or the Roman one. Some other important thing I feel I can't say. Some other is how it would not be a striking idea as natural birth control. Pills that do that do not grow from some tree. Naturally. But that is more the idea now.

Saying something about this sort of thing draws in immediately. Unless known that it does this. So anything can hardly be said about it. I don't have to do anything anyone else doesn't. I don't have any special preferences.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by wirinet(m): 6:00am On Aug 25, 2016
Lilimax:
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
(Hebrew 13:4)

Marriage must be respected by all, and the marriage bed kept undefiled, because God will judge immoral people and adulterers.
SELAH!
This bible verse only talks about marriage, bed whores and adulterers, please show be a verse that forbids sex before marriage.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pepigeorge(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2016
lilyqueen:
End time pastor

Tell u have not had sex b4?
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by charlesucheh(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2016
Jethrolite:
A pastor has authored a book which says it’s okay for singles to indulge in sex before marriage, Christian or not.

Having sex outside marriage even though accepted by society, is frowned upon by christians. An author, Bromleigh McCleneghan, has attempted to explain why it may be okay to actually indulge in ‘guilt-free’ sex even as a single christian who doesn’t conform to the world (okay na).

According to her, it’s okay to have sex along as it’s “mutually pleasurable and affirming“. She also said it’s not by force to stay off sex, especially if you became single by circumstance.

The married mother of three who is also an associate pastor at the Union Church of Hinsdale in Chicago, USA, said it’s also great to be faithful to your sexual partner, even if you are both unmarried.

Here’s what she said below:

“If we refrain from having sex that isn’t mutually pleasurable and affirming, that doesn’t respect the sacred worth of ourselves and our partners…Chastity, or just sex, requires that whether we are married or unmarried, our sex lives restrain our egos, restrain our desire for physical pleasure when pursuing it would bring harm to self or other.”

What do you think?
SWEET BOOK!!!!!!
grin grin grin

https://www.naij.com/940458-endtime-pastor-says-okay-marriage.html
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by quintybabe(f): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2016
I have a question for those encouraging premarital sex. Does good sex guarantee a happy home? Does it mean nothing can go wrong in marriage as long as the sex is good among partners?
Let us face reality as much as sex is important in marriage it isn't what guarantee good and successful marriage and as long as you are willing to work on other aspect of your marriage then poor or bad sex between partners can be corrected if both partners are committed in building their marriage
Let me say this also, as Christians bible is our standard and not prophets or pastors, bible already made us know that in the last day there will be several doctrines aimed at deceiving the saints, please let be wise, so that we will not miss out at the end.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by tosinjay(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Jethrolite:
A pastor has authored a book which says it’s okay for singles to indulge in sex before marriage, Christian or not.

Having sex outside marriage even though accepted by society, is frowned upon by christians. An author, Bromleigh McCleneghan, has attempted to explain why it may be okay to actually indulge in ‘guilt-free’ sex even as a single christian who doesn’t conform to the world (okay na).

According to her, it’s okay to have sex along as it’s “mutually pleasurable and affirming“. She also said it’s not by force to stay off sex, especially if you became single by circumstance.

The married mother of three who is also an associate pastor at the Union Church of Hinsdale in Chicago, USA, said it’s also great to be faithful to your sexual partner, even if you are both unmarried.

“If we refrain from having sex that isn’t mutually pleasurable and affirming, that doesn’t respect the sacred worth of ourselves and our partners…Chastity, or just sex, requires that whether we are married or unmarried, our sex lives restrain our egos, restrain our desire for physical pleasure when pursuing it would bring harm to self or other.”

What do you think?

Another demon in human form has been released from hell. Chronic deceptive talk. False!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Peace2love: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2016
God have mercy! This is satanic, we should be careful with what we read and watch this days. Soon they will tell us that is good to have babies outside marriage.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Topgainer: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Mas. tur. bation is not sin but a mere habit... Nigerian Pastor and Bestseller
Forni. cation is not sin at least it is better than mast. urb. ation... American she-Pastor and Bestseller
Followers response: Ride on Pastor the Lord is with you! Rhema!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Peace2love:
God have mercy! This is satanic, we should be careful with what we read and watch this days. Soon they will tell us that is good to have babies outside marriage.
if you have a problem with what she said, fine! Her sermon was directed at Americans not towards backward Africans. We will continue to wax stronger and stay the best country in the world and you backward Nigerians will seethe. God bless America!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
tosinjay:

Another demon in human form has been released from hell. Chronic deceptive talk. False!
if you have a problem with what she said, fine! Her sermon was directed at Americans not towards backward Africans. We will continue to wax stronger and stay the best country in the world and you backward Nigerians will seethe. God bless America!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by tosinjay(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
iRyan:
grin, it's not actually a laughing matter, sometimes i wonder how you people will cope. Most morally corrupt nation on earth. They say Nigeria is corrupt. But Ame corrupt pass, heaven knows that's where satan is ruling from! Gbam.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
tosinjay:
grin, it's not actually a laughing matter, sometimes i wonder how you people will cope. Most morally corrupt nation on earth. They say Nigeria is corrupt. But Ame corrupt pass, heaven knows that's where satan is ruling from! Gbam.
oh well, then Satan must be a pretty competent and an effective ruler. Hope he never stops ruling us!
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by tosinjay(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
iRyan:
oh well, then Satan must be a pretty competent and an effective ruler. Hope he never stops ruling us!
Una mata dey God hand, bye

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
Jethrolite:

What do you think?

Na too much marijuana dey worry am.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by hjkl: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2016
(First post in this thread for reference https://www.nairaland.com/3307679/bromleigh-mccleneghan-sex-before-marriage/7#48778442)

quintybabe:
I have a question for those encouraging premarital sex. Does good sex guarantee a happy home? Does it mean nothing can go wrong in marriage as long as the sex is good among partners?

So this is really postmarital sex

It is not a guarantee, but it contributes. It COULD be a guarantee. It makes things more workable. Being based with one partner is ok because of a number of reasons. Without the erotisism problem the position of a partner can be allocated much better. Because with it there is much less (too little) self control. EVEN: one can change the partner to be based with from a Christian perspective. If understanding the great commandment. The part about God is vague in general. But this can be solved.

Erotisism can be compared with eating.

Eating --> about life
Erotisism --> reproduction, also life
Of course there is space to choose and do anything that is preferred.

I feel I should explain or say this: I am posting in the South now. This works more flexible then in the North. This is objective. I mean to show what I see. To get the above view accepted, or in a more acceptable way, it should get sufficient support Northwards. I don't know what anyone can do with this. Just that here it COULD be of interest.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by quintybabe(f): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2016
hjkl:
(First post in this thread for reference https://www.nairaland.com/3307679/bromleigh-mccleneghan-sex-before-marriage/7#48778442)

So this is really postmarital sex

It is not a guarantee, but it contributes. It COULD be a guarantee. It makes things more workable. Being based with one partner is ok because of a number of reasons. Without the erotisism problem the position of a partner can be allocated much better. Because with it there is much less (too little) self control. EVEN: one can change the partner to be based with from a Christian perspective. If understanding the great commandment. The part about God is vague in general. But this can be solved.

Erotisism can be compared with eating.

Eating --> about life
Erotisism --> reproduction, also life
Of course there is space to choose and do anything that is preferred.

I feel I should explain or say this: I am posting in the South now. This works more flexible then in the North. This is objective. I mean to show what I see.
Am sorry but I find it difficult to comprehend what you have written. can you please rephrase, so they I can understand you better, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Tomé Ferreira da Silva Resigns Over His Masturbation Video / Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.