Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (75439 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by hjkl: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2016
quintybabe:

Am sorry but I find it difficult to comprehend what you have written. can you please rephrase, so they I can understand you better, thanks

Before I saw your post I modified this:

I feel I should explain or say this: I am posting in the South now. This works more flexible then in the North. This is objective. I mean to show what I see. To get the above view accepted, or in a more acceptable way, it should get sufficient support Northwards. I don't know what anyone can do with this. Just that here it COULD be of interest.

And added the ''t'' that was not there in: ,,It should get suff.....''

Could you point to something so that I see what you mean exactly?
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by hjkl: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
Anyway, it is this dumb problem of maybe even 1000s of years. It is sure God exists. He basically always confirms this in general by healing miracles, prophecies and apparitions. But this shows how some things depend on people's intelligent and inspired initiatives, views and saying it. And in some correct way.

How communication with God works is also this mistake in Christianity. I mean how it is known. Or it can lead to problems.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by hjkl: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
autolearner:
My Pastor Would Always Say, If It Is Not in the Bible, DO NOT follow it![/b]

This is just what I was thinking. Though to be honest it does not seem sound at times to let things just depent on that. Not in the least place because of Bible teachers. It should be visible if this last remark is sound or not. A lot of people are not happy about the Bible. I don't see that this is necessarily the mistake of the Bible.

autolearner:

Once there is a biblical backing for this, then it's good. But so far, i have not found one!

Id*&#s who call themselves pastors in a bid to tell this new (#artnotNudity) generation what they want to hear and fleece them will go to any length to twist and turn the bible. Reminds me of a time when an ex told me she'd like to be a muse for a topless shoot. I simply told her to walk and never look back. We can't abound in sin and ask for grace to continue.

These verses of the bible sums it all up;

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

I don't think this can be refuted. I posted it here originally. https://www.nairaland.com/3302390/scoan#48817284 Below I added "common" in the first thing. This is my original view on this.

>Go out of the world:
This does not mean too little space for things that have to do with functioning well and normal things of life. There are no people left to be the world. No one opposes a common spiritual house that is correct. Or real right principles of what to do with lust.

>All is sin all is useless:
This is useless in the meaning of sin. Not as Ecclesiastes says.

>Lust is sin:
This is unfoundable. There has to be a clear reason why.

>The whole of Christianity is seeing this wrong:
This is probably true. (...)
Or say or show something why not. That the whole of christianity is seeing this wrong is no reason why it would be right.

>This is how Christ fulfilled the law, and based it on understanding. Not time or locally based circumstances.
Matthew 22:37
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

>As becomes clear throughout the Old testament and New testament:
Romans 14 : 14B
nothing is unclean in itself

>There are dangers, yes. 1 Corinthians 6 is about sexual immorality. It can be something to be careful about.
1 Corinthians 6 : 12
“I have the right to do anything,”

And my basic view about this is, that if it is true. I think it is, but still what most people say has an influence. This is simply how it works.
That it should change everywhere. So in the whole of Christianity. My point is that the common Christian view is not sound about this.

If you would start reasoning about how to prevent some accident in religion, it could, yes come down to allowing something that 2 Timothy 4:3-4 and 2 Peter 2:1-3 describes. Be it in all cases in a controllable way. Or even in the best case something that looks like it, but just is not that. Because of this, what I placed above here too. I formatted italic what I mean, the part.

>Go out of the world:
This does not mean too little space for things that have to do with functioning well and normal things of life. There are no people left to be the world. No one opposes a common spiritual house that is correct. Or real right principles of what to do with lust.

I mean "hurr durr" so to speak. No one cares about whether or not there is or is not a number one superior Being. If there is, all right, what does He say, that sort of things. If it is acceptable and things look true and also acceptable in other areas, there will be no one that is not interested. At least basically. Because this is not useful. And I'm sure that God means the workable, sound thing. Always. One other important principle to recognise God by is that no one gets exploited as a rule of thumb. So what is ''sound''? It must be something described in this paragraph.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
Jethrolite:

A pastor has authored a book which says it’s okay for singles to indulge in sex before marriage, Christian or not.

Having sex outside marriage even though accepted by society, is frowned upon by christians. An author, Bromleigh McCleneghan, has attempted to explain why it may be okay to actually indulge in ‘guilt-free’ sex even as a single christian who doesn’t conform to the world (okay na).

According to her, it’s okay to have sex along as it’s “mutually pleasurable and affirming“. She also said it’s not by force to stay off sex, especially if you became single by circumstance.

The married mother of three who is also an associate pastor at the Union Church of Hinsdale in Chicago, USA, said it’s also great to be faithful to your sexual partner, even if you are both unmarried.

Here’s what she said below:

“If we refrain from having sex that isn’t mutually pleasurable and affirming, that doesn’t respect the sacred worth of ourselves and our partners…Chastity, or just sex, requires that whether we are married or unmarried, our sex lives restrain our egos, restrain our desire for physical pleasure when pursuing it would bring harm to self or other.”

What do you think?

https://www.naij.com/940458-endtime-pastor-says-okay-marriage.html

Here is a robust rebuttal to heresy in the OP. ==> http://www.blogos.org/peopleandpolitics/single-sex.php#.V8SfNOz4Bbg.facebook
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Jethrolite(m): 9:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Here is a robust rebuttal to heresy in the OP. ==> http://www.blogos.org/peopleandpolitics/single-sex.php#.V8SfNOz4Bbg.facebook
Do not waste your time, I do not share her beliefs on this topic.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Jerryojozy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lilimax:

So true!
So many wolves in sheep clothing.
Exactly my dear. it takes someone with the spirit of God to discern
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Jerryojozy(m): 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lilimax:

So true!
So many wolves in sheep clothing.
we need the Holy Spirit for help for discernment

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by inkaboutit4u(m): 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Todays Modern Day Premarital Sex is NOT a Sin.

They have the WRONG definition for Fornication and/or Sexual Immorality in the Bible.

Fornication or Sexual Immorality is NOT modern day Premarital Sex.

Baal worship is a super major problem in Bible day both OT and NT.

Baal worship included worship of many gods. One of their major gods was a fertility pagan god they worship to get good farm crop and fertile animals, so they can get lots of money.
http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Fornication_Correctly_Defined_with_all_Bible_Verses

Fornication was to join in the sex orgy to the fertility pagan god which was part of Baal worship, as we see in Numbers 25: 1-9, which Paul calls "fornication" in 1 Cor 10:8 see all the fornication verses below they all reflex Numbers 25:1-9 what God got very angry over. Not SEX per say, but using sex to trick them into joining in the worship of one of Baal god-- fertility pagan god.

Nu 25 clearly shows the correct definition of the word fornication.

Baal worship was a super major serious problem in the Bible days. see all the Baal worship verses below.

Even in the NT it was a major problem.1cor10:8

Jewish men knew they all had sexual freedom, but Paul is telling them reminding them of the Baal worship back in Nu 25 that they were doing the same thing as they did in Nu 25 that Got God very angry with them.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=God_Gave_Sexual_Freedom_to_All_Creation

[url] http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Web_Pages_List[/url]

Ro 13:9 - For the commandments against adultery and murder and stealing and coveting – and any other commandment – are all summed up in this one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Ga 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Jas 2:12 - So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free.
Micah 6:8 The Lord has told you, human, what is good; he has told you what he wants from you: to do what is right to other people, love being kind to others, and live humbly, obeying your God.

Ro 13:8 - Pay all your debts, except the debt of love for others. You can never finish paying that! If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill all the requirements of God's law.
Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Ac 20:24 -But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus – the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love.
Ro 12:10 -Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Ga 5:13 - For you have been called to live in freedom – not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love.

Ro 13:10 - Love does no wrong to anyone, so love satisfies all of God's requirements.

Gal 5:14 - For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Define Sexually immoral. Is Idolatry part of Fornication in the Bible? Is Idolatry called Fornication?
Main index page for Pro-Sexuality and Liberated Christians.
The correct definition of the word “fornication” is found in Number 25. Paul defines the word “fornication” by referring back to Number 25, which describes the word correctly. The Bible dictionaries only reflex how people use or misuse a word.

The Bible, itself, clearly defines this word correctly for us. (not the man made dictionary.)

Men sexual freedom was limited only by not using sexual freedom to have sex as partner of worship a pagan god as we see fornication in Both the OT and NT in Numbers 25:1-9 and 1 Cor 10:8.

1 Corinthians 10:8
“Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. “

Numbers 25:1
And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom () with the daughters of Moab.

25:2
And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.

25:3
And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.

Fornication part of Baal worship's pagan fertility god. Baal worship had many gods.
Fornication was the using of your body to have sex with a cultic temple prostitute to worship another god, deity. Giving your mind and body to worship another deity. To worship a fertility god so they could have the promise to get good farm crops.

God designed sexuality and said it was very good. What is bad is using your body sexuality to worship other gods and having sex with women who are worshipping idols and other deities.. This make God very angry.

Compare, 1 Cor 10:8 to Numbers 25:1-9 This is what Paul was refering to.

1 Cor. 10:8Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

Numbers 25:9And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand

25:1And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.

25:2And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.

25:3And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. …

25:9And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand.

Jer. 3:23Our worship of idols and our religious orgies on the hills and mountains are completely false. Only in the LORD our God will Israel ever find salvation.

2Ch 21:11 - Context (these people where idol worshippers.)
Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.

Isa 23:17 - Context (these people where idol worshippers.)
And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.

Eze 16:26 - Context (these people where idol worshippers.)
Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Tomé Ferreira da Silva Resigns Over His Masturbation Video / Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.