Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (656 Views)

Help Needed. I Was Given A Quit Notice To Vacate Within Seven Days / Obiano Visits Site Of Building Collapse Where 1 Person Died In Anambra. Photos / How Will I Write Quotation For Fountain Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by micmajek001: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
This
Re: . by ajasbaba(m): 3:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
guy one chance for you.

just Dust your self up and struggle for your own.
Re: . by ephemm(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
If u are a legal practitioner on NL, here is someone U can help.
Re: . by FreeWorld23: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
[s]
micmajek001:
Father died supposedly without a will. As a child born out of wedlock, do I have entitlement in his estate?

Hi All, I would appreciate advice/inputs from legally qualified / experienced persons.
My father who was never married to my mother passed away 13 years ago, supposedly (accordingly to the legal wife who is now late as well) without leaving a Will. I am the only one to my knowledge that my father had out of wedlock and I am the second to the last of his 6 children.

I have always lived with my mother so do not know the size of my father’s estate, but from the little I know, he was not one I would personally call wealthy, although from memory I know of 3 properties he owned, albeit I only know the address of one of them.

My questions therefore are?

1.Is there any way one might find out/confirm whether there was indeed noWill made?My suspicion based on the fact that my father was a UK -Educated Cvl/Engr. He died at an old enough age and it wasn’t sudden. According to my mother, couple of years before passing away he had contacted my mother, asked for forgiveness and said that if anything happens to him ‘I am well provided for’ in his Will.
2.As a Yoruba, am I legally entitled to be included in the distribution of his estate, given that my mother was not legally married to him and he was said to have left no Will?
3.It has been quite awhile he has departed (13yrs), do I still have any recourse at law? even with the chance that the legal wife (who knew my existence) may have distributed the estate between her children?
4.Assuming I am legally entitled to a share of his estate and the time lapse makes no difference what are my options?

I do appreciate that I should be seeing a legal adviser but unfortunately one is not in the financial position at present to consider that option, as such I would be most grateful for thoughts/advices/inputs.
[/s]

Man up and be yourself
Forget his properties and strike hard for yours.
Don't die untimely fighting for properties cos your step brothers can kill u

Dont care about his properties, care about 'yours' which is your "own"
Re: . by micmajek001: 6:25am On Oct 13, 2022
[/quote]
micmajek001:
Thks

(1) (Reply)

Deluxe Residencies...watch Out / Who Knew Lands (in Estates)in Ibeju-lekki Sold For As Cheap As 675,000??? / ** Short-let Apartments In Lekki 1 ( + Pix's ) **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.