Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,860 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 AM

Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? (2729 Views)

Hw Long Did U Pray Befor U Were Convince Tht D Man/woman U Married Is Yr Partner / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / To Know If Your Partner Had Sex With Someone Else While U Were Not Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by duperola(f): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
This funny question just came to me yesterday while watching a movie.if u were jobless and terribly broke, and someone offers u a 150k monthly job as a mortuary attendant,would u do it?sisters,if ur hubby was In these shoes,would u allow him do it?
as for me,No I can't.I would rather be frying Akara than do that.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by donbenedict(m): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Washing dead bodies isn't the problem. The problem is being manipulated the the devil into having sex with dead women. grin

Cuz such practice is synonymous with mortuary attendants

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by duperola(f): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
donbenedict:
Washing dead bodies isn't the problem. The problem is being manipulated the the devil into having sex with dead women. grin

Cuz such practice is synonymous with mortuary attendants
washing,dining and cohabiting with dead bodies!I think d thing with d attendants is dt they no longer see d big deal in corpses!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by donbenedict(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
duperola:

washing,dining and cohabiting with dead bodies!I think d thing with d attendants is dt they no longer see d big deal in corpses!
yeah they don't. Ah mean, it's just a lifeless body.. I don't see a big deal with a corpse as well.. it's just superstitions that have made a faction of Nigerians see corpses as some sort of omen dat shouldn't be tampered with.

Now in reality, owning a private mortuary is big business, cuz I made my enquiries, since there is low amount of competition. I'm not saying I will venture into one someday, grin as some Nigerians will think all that u ever pray for is for people to die grin

Even if I wanted to set up one, it won't even be a primary business of mine

2 Likes

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by freecocoa(f): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
The speed wey I go take accept the offer eh, Usain bolt no get am.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by duperola(f): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
u get mind o!

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Pinkiwinki(m): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
smh
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Auto58(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Y not all work na work ones money day come.
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by freecocoa(f): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
duperola:

u get mind o!
There's nothing to be scared of.
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
No, nope!
Except things are so bad that I'm dying of hunger, then no problem.
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
duperola:
This funny question just came to me yesterday while watching a movie.if u were jobless and terribly broke, and someone offers u a 150k monthly job as a mortuary attendant,would u do it?sisters,if ur hubby was In these shoes,would u allow him do it?
as for me,No I can't. I would rather be frying Akara than do that.

Why not?

A job's a job and money nor dey smell. As long as it's legal / a honest day's graft, then nothing spoil.

By the way, your first and last statements are contradictory.

If you've got the option / choice to do something else (i.e fry akara), then you certainly aren't as broke and jobless as implied in your first statement. Okay broke perhaps, but definitely not that jobless.

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
There's nothing to be scared of.

See your mouth.... By the time when dem witsh dem invite you come their cultural dance for 12:30am, na day time you go know, her heart attack go cash you...

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
I would try but it's the kind of work I wouldn't do for little money.
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mindfulness:
I would try but it's the kind of work I wouldn't do for little money.

Yes but what if all it offers is just minimum wage (or its equivalent), and there's nothing else on the horizon?
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by byvan03: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Depends on the amount involved, price determines. 150 k...I have to be jobless and hopeless as well to accept it @ 150k.

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Yes but what if all it offers is just minimum wage (or its equivalent), and there's nothing else on the horizon?

Nothing else? Not even disguising as a clown to entertain lil kids at McDonalds or phone intimacy? grin
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by argon500: 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
Na horror movie u dey watch?

Somebody don dey dey see dead people...

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
never o but mehn....
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by freecocoa(f): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
njokusboy:

See your mouth.... By the time when dem witsh dem invite you come their cultural dance for 12:30am, na day time you go know, her heart attack go cash you...
if I hear, seriously I no dey fear all these kind things.
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Nothing else? Not even disguising as a clown to entertain lil kids at McDonalds or phone sèx? grin

lol! Lol!! LOL!!!

Despite the sweltering heat & very humid evening, you're making me laugh!

Howdy babes? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
byvan03:
Depends on the amount involved, price determines. 150 k...I have to be jobless and hopeless as well to accept it @ 150k.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yep, those are the conditions @op implied. But out of interest, how hopeless is "hopeless"? As in?? cheesy
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

lol! Lol!! LOL!!!

Despite the sweltering heat & very humid evening, you're making me laugh!

Howdy babes? kiss kiss kiss

I heard people do this job because it pays well. Why else would anyone want to spend all day every day among corpses? Don't let me give you detailed descriptions ... lipsrsealed cheesy

I am enjoying the heat and was wondering why you sound like you don't. I thought you were a fiery woman. cheesy
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I heard people do this job because it pays well. Why else would anyone want to spend all day every day among corpses? Don't let me give you detailed descriptions ... lipsrsealed cheesy

grin grin grin

You don't have to look at it that way na. It's just a job. Not much different from what the medics do, except that they won't be getting any significant responses.

Would working as an undertaker be more agreeable with you? It even sounds more respectable even though the subject matter's the same grin

I am enjoying the heat and was wondering why you sound like you don't. I thought you were a fiery woman. cheesy

Abeg there's fiery and there's fiery. I'm positively melting here.
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
if I hear, seriously I no dey fear all these kind things.

Lol, am not superstitious or religious either, but I give a little space for doubt, am telling you, in those dark critical moments, you'd panic and question everything you believe...
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

You don't have to look at it that way na. It's just a job. Not much different from what the medics do, except that they won't be getting any significant responses.

The odour of death is the worst ever.
The odour in a hospital can be bad too but at least the pay is better, doctors enjoy a certain social status and you can feel like a hero.

Would working as an undertaker be more agreeable with you? It even sounds more respectable even though the subject matter's the same grin

From all the three choices mentioned, I choose the undertaker. No surprise actually. grin

Abeg there's fiery and there's fiery. I'm positively melting here.

Fire fiery and glowing and shining. cheesy
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by freecocoa(f): 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
njokusboy:

Lol, am not superstitious or religious either, but I give a little space for doubt, am telling you, in those dark critical moments, you'd panic and question everything you believe...
Yea well, I get your point but fear of the dead is not one I entertain, as I don't see why I should be scared of them, not even because I believe that they can't harm me but because they have no reason to.

Believe me when I say I won't panic, after being alone in a room with a corpse while every other person was at the service, I just no fear dead body again and besides, it's human beings that work at the morgue, if they can, why can't I?
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

The odour of death is the worst ever.
The odour in a hospital can be bad too but at least the pay is better, doctors enjoy a certain social status and you can feel like a hero.

From all the three choices mentioned, I choose the undertaker. No surprise actually. grin

Fire fiery and glowing and shining. cheesy

Re: Your first sentence...I totally get you now embarassed embarassed

Lol @ Fire, fiery, glowing & shining. Sounds dangerous to me cheesy cool
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Re: Your first sentence...I totally get you now embarassed embarassed

I told you not to ask for detailed descriptions. cheesy

Lol @ Fire, fiery, glowing & shining. Sounds dangerous to me cheesy cool

Glamorous to me. wink

But not in the snobby kind of way. wink
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by EfemenaXY: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
^^ kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
^^ smiley kiss smiley
Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by byvan03: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yep, those are the conditions @op implied. But out of interest, how hopeless is "hopeless"? As in?? cheesy

As hopeless as the moment when you feel the need to hide behind a fresh moniker, manufacture a bogus tale, and then demand for only 10k to pay for fictitious bills cheesycheesy .

1 Like

Re: Would You Work In The Mortuary If U Were Jobless? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
freecocoa:
Yea well, I get your point but fear of the dead is not one I entertain, as I don't see why I should be scared of them, not even because I believe that they can't harm me but because they have no reason to.

Believe me when I say I won't panic, after being alone in a room with a corpse while every other person was at the service, I just no fear dead body again and besides, it's human beings that work at the morgue, if they can, why can't I?

My dear, those people that work at the morgue, some of them are really fetish oh... I once sat in the parlour with my grandmas corpse, no big deal, na my grandmama...
It felt like she was asleep beside me...
But meen, sitting in a morgue with about 50 unanimous Corpses at night and hearing different sounds be it insects screeching or owls hooting...
Haaaaa, mbanu ,If I say I no go think things, na lie....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Supported My Husband With My First Salary / The Positive But Harsh Excuses. . . . Can You Or Have You Gotten Used To It? / My Heart Is Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.