Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,713 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] (6489 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
BITSWORKS Nigeria is a multi-discipline construction company comprising of architects, builders, civil engineers and interior designers. We currently have a brief for a client to construct 2 units of a 2-bedroom prototype bungalow on a plot of land in Ikorodu. The Site is a virgin land, the size is 17m(55.77ft) x 36m(120ft). We will share the site plan, floor plan and elevations once permission has been given by the client.

Size of land - 612.00 sqm
Total area of building - 252.00 sqm
Total unbuilt area - 360.00 sqm
Percentage of site covered. - 38%
Percentage unbuilt - 62%

Client - Private individual, nairaland referral
Estimated budget for construction - N10million
PROJECT timeline - To be built in phases

Mobilization to site and site clearing/grubbing started on Monday 22nd of August 2016, here are some pictures taken on site. Strip foundation will be used due to the nature of the soil and topology. Settting-out and foundation excavation will start this week.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
No matter how SMALL or BIG our projects are, to God be the GLORY!

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
For this phase of the project we are doing the sub-structure work, up to german floor level. Basically, the steps involve for this stage are

1. Site clearing/grubbing
2. Setting-out
3. Foundation excavation
4. Floor blinding
5. Foundation blockwork
6. Backfilling
7. Columns (for foundation)
8. Iron reinforcement work/BRC wire mesh laying
9. Carpentary formwork
10. Concrete slab casting (german floor)

I might have omitted some steps that work hand-in-hand together so please take note. Materials have been dumped on site by the client.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by mufutau55(m): 2:54am On Aug 25, 2016
Congrats.. always following.

Hajji M.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Setting-out and excavation work on the foundation started this morning. We are digging to a dept of 12inches because the soil is firm.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
mufutau55:
Congrats.. always following.

Hajji M.

Thank you Hajj M for the vote of confidence. Hope you are doing well.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
More pictures showing excavation progress on site.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by chubbyG(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
BITSWORKS:
More pictures showing excavation progress on site.

so it happens I'm also at ijede..
though i'm on IT (Building student)..
u mind if i come learn a thing or two?
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by FreeWorld23: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Well done.

Projects without cost made me stop following most construction jobs here.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Excavation for the 1st unit of 2-bedroom apartments concluded today, we will excavate the 2nd unit tomorrow.

The cost for the setting-out, excavation, blockwork and backfilling for both unit is N200,000.

1 Share

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
We started with the floor blinding (concrete foundation footing) of the 1st unit of the 2 bedrooms apartment today while the excavation of the 2nd unit is also ongoing.

Foundation setting prayers is very important, so the client committed the construction into Gods hand.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
Excavation work on the 2nd unit going on concurrently.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by olumide4christ: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
BITSWORKS:
We started with the floor blinding (concrete foundation footing) of the 1st unit of the 2 bedrooms apartment today while the excavation of the 2nd unit is also ongoing.

Foundation setting prayers is very important, so the client committed the construction into Gods hand.

I really like the thickness of your foundation footing, I believe it should be up to 9 inches, not like some footings we see regularly in this properties section.

Keep up the good standards!

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
We are currently setting the 1st level of blockwork.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
olumide4christ:

I really like the thickness of your foundation footing, I believe it should be up to 9 inches, not like some footings we see regularly in this properties section.

Keep up the good standards!

Thank you for the vote of confidence. BR
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by Dejiih001(m): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
Am really enjoying these, keep up the good work. I will soon invite you for some projects.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 11:49am On Aug 27, 2016
Excavation work on the 2nd unit foundation is complete and we have commenced with the foundation foot blinding.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by Dejiih001(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
BITSWORKS:
Excavation work on the 2nd unit foundation is complete and we have commenced with the foundation foot blinding.

Nice work, keep it up
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 6:03am On Aug 29, 2016
Foundation foot blinding completed for the 2nd unit, the first coach of blockwork has commenced.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
We continued with the block setting for the foundation this morning on the 1st unit and we are making good speed. We plan on doing between 3 - 4 coaches, taking into consideration the future road level, existing german floor level for houses close-by and the level of the compound landscaping when construction is done.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2016
Blockwork setting on 1st unit done up to 3 coaches, 1 more coach going ontop before backfilling starts.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
Blockwork setting on 2nd unit in progress.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Blockwork setting continues today, we have achieved 4 coaches with the 2nd unit and will be putting the 4th coach on the 1st unit tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 3:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
Wrapping up work on the block setting, we are laying the fourth and final coach and getting ready for the column casting and back-filling.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Casting of the foundation columns ongoing. We used 12mm reinbars and 8mm for the rings.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by dalof2000: 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good job
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
dalof2000:
Good job
Thank you for the compliment.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
dalof2000:
Good job
Thank you for the compliment.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
The floor plan as requested.

Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by msogunro: 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
I've noticed that you have quitested a few projects in Ikorodu. Do you know any block moulder in Agbowa? I'm looking to have blocks made on site.
Re: DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] by BITSWORKS: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
msogunro:
I've noticed that you have quitested a few projects in Ikorodu. Do you know any block moulder in Agbowa? I'm looking to have blocks made on site.

I don't have not know any block moulder in Agbowa but I'll help you make inquiry. The other option is I have a team of moulder's I can bring in from outside Lagos that all they do is contract block moulding, you buy all the material and pay them for moulding per bag of cement and wetting the blocks. You decide how many blocks you want moulded per bag of cement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smart 5 Bedroom Fully Detached With A BQ And 4bedroom Semi Detached @CHEVRON, / Let Handle Your Pile Foundation Project. / Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.