Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

12 Songs That Permit Cheating In Relationships - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 12 Songs That Permit Cheating In Relationships (1132 Views)

List 5 Songs That Are Always On Your Replay List / 5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Songs That Permit Cheating In Relationships by chideyofficial(m): 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
This interesting post is from http://nolongtalk.com/12-songs-permit-cheating-relationships/

If I’ve learnt anything from the music business (and I probably haven’t, lol), it is that the music business is maligned with a lot of vices like $ex, alcohol, drugs, money, ostentatious lifestyle, decadence, etc.

And these are mainly all the musicians sing about.

Well, okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration. After all, there are countless songs about real love, positive realities, politics, morality, and even the heartbreak that stems from finding out you’ve been cheated on. It’s the kind of raw, visceral pain that even million dollar recording contracts and worldwide fame don’t help you get over. (If Adele and Beyonce are affected by it, none of us have a chance.)

Still, for every plaintive cautionary tale about the agony that’s triggered by a passionate love affair, there’s another song that responds to those sorrowful cries with “Chill out, it’s just some side action. Gotta get mine!”

So it would seem that musicians are pretty well split in answering the basic question, “Should you cheat?” In fact, you’ll probably be surprised at the number of otherwise upstanding people whose final word on the matter is, simply, “Fu©k yeah, you should!”

#1. TLC – “Creep”
I was a very little boy when my dad bought me the CD of TLC’s “Crazy$exyCool” album, and “Creep” was one of my most favourite songs on the album.
Listen to this:

Verse 1
The 22nd of loneliness and we’ve
Been through so many thangs
I love my man with all honesty
But I know he’s cheatin’ on me
I look him in his eyes
But all he tells me is lies to keep me near
I’ll never leave him down, though I might mess around it’s only
‘Cause I need some affection oh

[Chorus]
So I creep yeah
Just keep it on the down low
Said nobody is supposed 2 know
So I creep yeah
‘Cause he doesn’t know
What I do and no attention
Goes to show oh so I creep…

There are many ways to apply the knowledge that your significant other is cheating on you. You can let it motivate you to move on and find a better person, you can warn all of your friends (and all of your friends’ friends) that this person is a horrible piece of garbage and not to be trusted, or, if you choose to take TLC’s advice, you can get revenge…by cheating on them right back.

Because then you’re even. It’s a simple bit of reasoning, but one that might not be the most opportunistic when it comes to emotional growth.

Now, to be fair, not every member of TLC thinks this is a great idea. Ironically, it’s Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes (God rest her soul) that doesn’t believe in the “eye for an eye” tactic the song describes. She was supposedly against the release of “Creep” as a single because she didn’t want to condone the idea of revenge $ex. (Burning down your boyfriend’s house because he didn’t buy you any new sneakers, on the other hand…totally fine.) No be girls again? Lol.

#2. John Legend – “She Don’t Have To Know”
John Legend wrote a song about cheating on his partner? JOHN LEGEND? It’s a lie joor…John Legend as in the sensitive crooner behind such hits as “All Of Me” and “You & I” John Legend?? Oh dear.

“Girl I know you’re doing the same thing too
But I won’t tell your man the things we do, oh no
‘Cause he don’t have to know…”

Not only does Legend get all soulful about the idea of getting some strange action, but he uses the same backwards logic that so many other adulterers on this list go with in this situation: Two wrongs absolutely make a right. A hot, steamy, passionate right. There’s no need to feel bad about cheating on my girlfriend, because you’re also cheating on your boyfriend. It’s all good!
For much of this slinky little number, our dear Legend insists that he doesn’t want to hurt the one he’s currently in a relationship with. He does everything he can do avoid that…aside from actually stopping the affair (funny, huh?) He feels sorry about it, apparently, but not sorry enough to look her in the eye and tell her what a complete fu¢k face he’s being behind her back.

And so, he’s just going to keep getting it on the side, because it feels good. And isn’t that the most important thing? So go feel good, dirtbags. Go feel good. Mtchewww, dogs! Lol.

#3. Good Time by Kiss Daniel
With “Good Time”, Kiss Daniel proved to Nigerian fans (and Chidey in particular) that he is not a one-hit wonder (or two-hit wonder if you’d add “Laye”); “Good Time” is one song I can’t get enough of.
But what is “Good Time” really all about??

Pre-Hook
“Hope I don’t kolobi you eh
Iyawo mi gan be ni le o eh
Had such a long day
Iyawo mi gan be ni le o eh
Just wanna have a good time”

For the sake of non-Yoruba speakers, I’ll translate. ” Iyawo mi gan be ni le o eh” loosely means “I have a woman at home”. So you get the gist, now?? You have a woman at home and you still wanna “have a good time” with another woman??
Clever, indeed.

As if that’s not enough, he continues:
“Tell me how e dey go
Up in the VIP booty on me
All I see is smoke
More bottles on me
Anything we do tonight go follow the night go
And I see u I dodge”

Is it not obvious already?? Lwkmdh.

Please anytime you hear your spouse sing this song, just report him to the nearest police station. He is cheating!

#4. Shaggy – “It Wasn’t Me”
This one is too common and obvious nah…like the anthem for all cheaters in the planet and beyond.
“To be a true player you have to know how to play
If she say a night, convince her say a day
Never admit to a word when she say
And if she claims and you tell her baby no way…”

Boy, that Shaggy…he’s a real piece of sh|t, ain’t he? Seriously, there may never be a more detestable, cartoonish example of someone who not only endorses adultery, but also suggests lying about it and trying to make the person you cheated on feel bad about it. Just…just all kinds of awful happening in this song.

But you knew that, right? I mean, this one’s a pretty obvious inclusion. I’m probably not telling you anything you didn’t already know about Shaggy and his horribleness as a human being, lol.

What you may not realize is that the other guy in the song that’s describing his unfaithfulness, Rikrok, actually comes to his goddamn senses by the end of the song and straight up tells Shaggy that he’s an illogical, idiot douche. In so many words…

“I’ve been listening to your reason It makes no sense at all
We should tell her that I’m sorry
For the pain that I’ve caused”
So at least somebody’s on the side of rationality and non-d|ckheadedness.

For the rest, visit http://nolongtalk.com/12-songs-permit-cheating-relationships/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Johnny Drille – Halleluya Ft. Simi (mp3 Download) / [album] Ayo Jay – Lazy Genius (7 Tracks) EP / Video And Audio From Tope Olajengbesi Live Performance @ Akanni Aluko Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.