Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes (6761 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by hopefuLandlord: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
analice107:

I wish I was talking to you, but am not. So, move along.

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Emusan(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
Have you free yourself ?

grin cheesy see mouth short question and see how the beloved Atheist answered.

ifene: I'm free from the fear of hell. Are you?

That makes Hell to exist! Like what Op said free from the fear of something doesn't mean it isn't true.

2 Likes

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by frank317: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
OP... the fact that you are over coming Allah's hell does not mean it does not exist. Allah will still burn u blasphemy you spew every day the God has a son.

in my own opinion the two people that deserve hell are Yahweh and Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
He is not asking for too much. All He ask for is just believe but you choose to see first before you believe. Blessed are those who don't see but yet believe.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Peacefullove: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
wirinet:

And how did you know? Are you an atheist? I don't think I ever had the fear of hell, it had never made sense. How can a lake if physical fire hurt a spiritual body. How do you torture a spirit? The whole myth of hell was located in ancient Greece.

lol, those guys don't think

johnnydon22
Hell = a christian corruption of the greek word gehena and the greek myth "Hades"

exactly
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
analice107:

It's not physical fire as you know fire. The fire you know consumes off whatever it comes in contact with, that fire doesn't.

And the part of you which burns there won't be this perishable body which decays or gets consumed if it comes in contact with fire.

When we resurrect, we come with an imperishable bodies. It doesn't die, it doesn't burn. It's that body which will be cast into that hell.
Get your reasoning right. Do not go into hell ignorantly.

Remember you are choosing it, no none is sending you there. That's why we are here receiving insults from you guys. You won't have any excuse.

stop stammering with this imperishable , perishable , that body , it's that body e.t.c kind of words showing you ain't even sure what burns in this hell

tell me what exactly is that thing that burns in hell ?

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by kilo4sure: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
Jesuobu:
He is not asking for too much. All He ask for is just believe but you choose to see first before you believe. Blessed are those who don't see but yet believe.
Hmm well l wouldn't say all he is asking for is just belief. Belief is not the end itself but a means to an end. The goal is to have men who are led by the spirit of God, so that they are known as the sons of God. The goal is much more than just making heaven or avoiding hell.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by oglalasioux(m): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
analice107:

Hahahahahahahaha. Small Pikin.
Your immediate family doesn't even know you as an atheist. Nobody sabi you.

Find out who Friederick Nietzsche was and what he predicted will happen to Christianity, and the Bible, and what later happened to him.

He didn't only died raving mad, his mansion was used as a Bible Printing press. The time he predicted that no one will see a bible much less read it, passed. That's now you'll die and the Bible let will continue to impart lives.

The today's atheists are toys when it comes to the kind that Nietzsche was. But what happened to him? He went mad, died like a dog, we bought his house till today we use it to print Bibles.

Listen boy, Christianity grows better in the face of persecution.
Christianity almost died because of the ascends of persecution, it has started again, watch out.

The bolded shows how dangerous Christianity is. What else do you know except death threats and outright murder. But you'll be the first to condemn Boko haram but your mind is dirtier and more evil.

We already know secret Jewish organizations murder people who speak out against religion to make it look like a god did it. They've committed too many atrocities for them to allow the truth to come out.

The blackmail and murder that your religion is known for was evident in the life of Friedrich Nietzsche. He was not the first to die as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion predicted. They've been others before him. The Jews will never allow anyone who will let out their dirty secrets to live.

It's the stock in trade of the people who founded your religion to murder and usurp. They will then attribute it to a fictitious god. The world will soon laugh at them. They caused two world wars already with their lies. The world is matured enough not to let them use any fictitious god to cause another one.

3 Likes

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Ranchhoddas: 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
MizJanet:

stop stammering with this imperishable , perishable , that body , it's that body e.t.c kind of words showing you ain't even sure what burns in this hell

The soul
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by analice107: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

The bolded shows how dangerous Christianity is. What else do you know except death threats and outright murder. But you'll be the first to condemn Boko haram but your mind is dirtier and more evil.

We already know secret Jewish organizations murder people who speak out against religion to make it look like a god did it. They've committed too many atrocities for them to allow the truth to come out.

The blackmail and murder that your religion is known for was evident in the life of Friedrich Nietzsche. He was not the first to die as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion predicted. They've been others before him. The Jews will never allow anyone who will let out their dirty secrets to live.

It's the stock in trade of the people who founded your religion to murder and usurp. They will then attribute it to a fictitious god. The world will soon laugh at them. They caused two world wars already with their lies. The world is matured enough not to let them use any fictitious god to cause another one.

Guy, calm down, why are you so angry?
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

This should claim you down .

Christianity is dangerous - absolutely outlandish and ludicrous .

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by analice107: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
MizJanet:

lol, Jehovah's Witness the undercover atheist. If you can't see or comprehend what imperishable means, then that shd be your problem not mind.

i don't have your time this night, may be when am in a better mood. For now, move along.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by malvisguy212: 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Emusan:

grin cheesy see mouth short question and see how the beloved Atheist answered.

That makes Hell to exist! Like what Op said free from the fear of something doesn't mean it isn't true.
weldon bro, long time.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by malvisguy212: 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=kilo4sure post=48792343][/quote]our perspective will change, we will be in agreement with God rule. Concerning the rich man and lazerus, what request the rich man made ? He need a drop of water to cool his tongue. And what was the reply of Abraham ?

Luke 16:25
But Abraham said, Son, remember that
thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things,
and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is
comforted, and thou art tormented.

This is God perspective, this is God rule, Abraham gave a righteous answer to the rich
man. Note that Abraham did not tell the rich
man that God was unfair and that God should
let the rich man come into paradise. Abraham
knew that the rich man chose to go to that place of torment. The rich man did not have to go there. IT IS EITHER YOU ACCEPT, JESUS PAY FOR YOUR SIN, OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY IT YOURSELF. Can you ?

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by kilo4sure: 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
our perspective will change, we will be in agreement with God rule. Concerning the rich man and lazerus, what request the rich man made ? He need a drop of water to cool his tongue. And what was the reply of Abraham ?

Luke 16:25
But Abraham said, Son, remember that
thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things,
and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is
comforted, and thou art tormented.

This is God perspective, this is God rule, Abraham gave a righteous answer to the rich
man. Note that Abraham did not tell the rich
man that God was unfair and that God should
let the rich man come into paradise. Abraham
knew that the rich man chose to go to that place of torment. The rich man did not have to go there. IT IS EITHER YOU ACCEPT, JESUS PAY FOR YOUR SIN, OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY IT YOURSELF. Can you ?
I don't think you understand, tell me, why did the rich man go to hell? I agree it is necessary to accept Jesus as lord and savior but the purpose for this is to be saved from sin so that we can live unto God and not simply to escape hell.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
ifenes:

Basically you will be brainwashed to forget your loved who apparently are roasting in hell. And you say this god is full of love or a manipulator?

Dont you have loved ones who are dead? Why didnt you kill yourself to die with them? And since they died dont you eat, laugh, merry, go to clubs and parties and live your life as if you never lost them?
Count your teeth with your tongue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Deicide:
Why are Christians this Greedy and selfish knowing fully well that most of their loved once will burn in Hell? The Forth generation b4 u backwards of their family will also burn in hell while this Christians Party in Heaven With Jesus?? but hell don't exist Heaven don't exist Its only used to fish out greedy people Thats why people are being killed in the name of religion

[size=13pt]WHEN WOULD U STOP BEING SELFISH??[/size]

And i ask you- Dont you have loved ones who are dead? Why didnt you kill yourself to die with them? And since they died dont you eat, laugh, merry, go to clubs and parties and live your life as if you never lost them?

Stop being hypocritical bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by malvisguy212: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

You don't understand, tell me why did the rich man go to hell? I agree it is necessary to accept Jesus as lord and savior but the purpose for this is to be saved from sin so that we can live unto God and not simply to escape hell.
The rich man is a sinner, in fact his brothers are all sinners, that is why he request lazarus should go and warn his brothers to change their way.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by malvisguy212: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
honourhim:

Dont you have loved ones who are dead? Why didnt you kill yourself to die with them? And since they died dont you eat, laugh, merry, go to clubs and parties and live your life as if you never lost them?
Count your teeth with your tongue.
in fact, their love ones who had died, mean nothing to them ( atheists). How can you be happy here on earth knowing your love ones are dead ?

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

See the irony lol. Your words not mine grin grin

Yes you are given yourself false hope that there is no hell when actually there is hell and you are heading there except you repent.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by kilo4sure: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
The rich man is a sinner, in fact his brothers are all sinners, that is why he request lazarus should go and warn his brothers to change their way.
Good, and in what way were they sinners? They didn't act righteously even though they had the law of moses to guide them. The rich man failed to show love, and this was the problem. In Matthew 25, Jesus said l was sick, hungry and naked and you did not help me. People go to hell because of their works and not a magical formula they fail to recite. Besides we know very little about hell, what we are sure of is that God judges sinners.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by honourhim: 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
johnydon22:
Hades = Greek myth

I call it myth, Everyone agrees happily.

Duat = Egyptian Myth [First underworld concept in history - in fact the very idea of Afterlife was started by the egyptains].

I call it myth everyone agrees happily.

And thus goes for every underworld myth scattered across every culture, everyone agrees it's myth.

Hell = a christian corruption of the greek word gehena and the greek myth "Hades"

i call it myth, some christians start wailing.

Somehow at different timelines, everyone believe their superstition is correct but as time has shown your religion of today is the entertainment of tomorrow.

No atheist fear any idea of hell, otherwise such a person cannot be atheistic. As a matter of fact majority of you guys are bullied into comformity with that idea

the fear of hell these atheists mention was that it kept them in theism even when they wanted out until they eventually escaped the grip of such myth that has been taught to them as truth all their life.

Affirming that most theists are there because of the fear of hell and greed of another life.

[b] I know you believe you are doing what is right and good by trying to tell everyone that there is a place of eternal torture that will be used to punish a sin committed in a life time.

I thank you for your concern and care but i must also ask; How can you possibly love a God who is going to burn someone you care about [let alone billions of others] eternally simply because they don't believe in it or hurt it's ego.

how can you possibly justify burning people infinitely for a finite transgression, how can such barbarism make any iota of sense to you.

I cannot worship or respect such a god because such a god holds attributes of something i'd consider extremely evil and it grieves me that you can, or maybe you are bullied into such belief and worship by that monstrous sinister and barbaric idea as hell.

Fear is the boat that drives your faith and belief.
]

TRASH

johnydon22:

If there is indeed a god - the attributes of Yahweh would be an insult to it[/b]

Imagine a creature dictating how his creator should be. What an insult. As if its your dictation that makes him God. Foolishness at its peak.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
analice107:

lol, Jehovah's Witness the undercover atheist. If you can't see or comprehend what imperishable means, then that shd be your problem not mind.

i don't have your time this night, may be when am in a better mood. For now, move along.

I think it lacks sense on your part to associate anyone who doesn't believe in the christian fictional hell theory as a Jehovah witness people .

I only asked a question which I expect you to answer and clarify not throw baseless accusations

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The soul

Christians are confuse set of people, some will tell you its spirit not soul , and if u say soul , where will the spirit go then ? care to clarify

the bomb is that according to their Bible , Matthew 10:28 says Body and soul go to Hell , but have you ever heard them preaching this ? its so clear that the verse is a LIE, the body doesn't go to any hell

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by malvisguy212: 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

Good, and in what way were they sinners? They didn't act righteously even though they had the law of moses to guide them. Lazarus failed to show love, and this was the problem. In Matthew 25, Jesus said l was sick, hungry and naked and you did not help me. People go to hell because of their works and not a magical formula they fail to recite. Besides we know very little about hell, what we are sure of is that God judges sinners.
In the old testament, on whose Authority the old testament saint cast out demon ? Christ death and resurrection is the reconciliation of God to man, God wrath is fulfill. If God should judge us base on the law of moses, can anyone claim, he or she has never break this law ? This is Exactly what the children of israel is doing, they cannot keep the law. The bible say God is a righteous judge, those who died (Pre-calvery) before the coming of christ, God will judge them base on their work.

Romans 3:21-28: “[21] But now the
righteousness of God without the law is
manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; [22] Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no
difference: [23] For all have sinned, and come
short of the glory of God; [24] Being justified
freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by analice107: 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
MizJanet:

I think it lacks sense on your part to associate anyone who doesn't believe in the christian fictional hell theory as a Jehovah witness people .

I only asked a question which I expect you to answer and clarify not throw baseless accusations

And its my prerogative to either answer or ignore you, Which is what am doing right now. vamoose
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by Ranchhoddas: 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
MizJanet:

Christians are confuse set of people, some will tell you its spirit not soul , and if u say soul , where will the spirit go then ? care to clarify

the bomb is that according to their Bible , Matthew 10:28 says Body and soul go to Hell , but have you ever heard them preaching this ? its so clear that the verse is a LIE, the body doesn't go to any hell

A carnal man cannot understand spiritual things. Ask for spiritual understanding.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by MizJanet(f): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
analice107:

And its my prerogative to either answer or ignore you, Which is what am doing right now. vamoose

grin grin grin
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by TrajansKong: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
Concerning our love ones in hell; the bible say in revelation 22:4 " God will wipe away Every pain and sorrow" This mean, in heaven our perspective will change and will be replace with a holy ones. And in verse 5, the bible say everything will be made new, sin will not be a factor, Everything will be in AGREEMENT with God. If you love your love ones, your focus will not be on how he will spend eternity in hell, rather how He spend the rest of His life in heaven, that's our focus. Why did I preach to you ? Why did I warn you of the danger at hand ? Because I want you to be in God perfect heaven, but if you reject this, whose fault it is ? Me ? Or God ?
With all possible respect, malvisguy212. I have to express my doubts as to whether you have ever knowingly loved or been loved.

What you have written is inexpressibly inhumane and depraved.

And you exult in it.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by malvisguy212: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
TrajansKong:

With all possible respect, malvisguy212. I have to express my doubts as to whether you have ever knowingly loved or been loved.

What you have written is inexpressibly inhumane and depraved.

And you exult in it.
maby some of your love ones are dead ( God forbid), why do you still go on enjoying life ? If you truly love them, die with them.
Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by TrajansKong: 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
maby some of your love ones are dead ( God forbid), why do you still go on enjoying life ? If you truly love them, die with them.

Please.

Be serious.

I would not be enjoying life for two consecutive seconds if I believed, like you, that my departed loved ones - along with billions of others were being tortured now and forevermore on lakes of fire.

How could I? How could any sentient mammal?

Somehow you are just fine with that - especially as you get to praise the creator of the lake of fire forever and look down gleefully on the sufferings of those in the underworld.

Yet you cannot see how profoundly disturbing your position is...

1 Like

Re: Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes by kilo4sure: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
In the old testament, on whose Authority the old testament saint cast out demon ? Christ death and resurrection is the reconciliation of God to man, God wrath is fulfill. If God should judge us base on the law of moses, can anyone claim, he or she has never break this law ? This is Exactly what the children of israel is doing, they cannot keep the law. The bible say God is a righteous judge, those who died (Pre-calvery) before the coming of christ, God will judge them base on their work.

Romans 3:21-28: “[21] But now the
righteousness of God without the law is
manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; [22] Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no
difference: [23] For all have sinned, and come
short of the glory of God; [24] Being justified
freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
I never said we are under the law, nor did l say keeping the law of moses is what saves one from hell. My argument was that the rich man was condemned by his deeds not necessarily his belief in a particular faith confession. The faith confession is only useful when it produces true repentance in us, or help us fine tune our consciousness daily in our spiritual walk with God. If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus who rose from the dead gives you power over sin and death then you are saved. The confession and belief is for the purpose of doing righteous works, the criteria for automatically becoming children of the covenant of Abrahamic blessings ( like the Jews) is now by faith and no longer by race or just the laws of moses which wasn't even universal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? / If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? / Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.