Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says (35188 Views)

11 African Presidents Who Handed Over Power Peacefully / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - GEJ / 'i Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - Gej Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by emmalezy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
In a recent statement, former president Jonathan said he handed over the best Nigerian government, and the largest economy in Africa to president Buhari.

“I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World, with a GDP of $574 billion.

I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

In 2009, the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

The former President stated that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process.

Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide. Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.

Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

That is where the leadership question comes into play. As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

Indeed, we sail through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body”.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/08/i-handed-over-best-nigerian-government.html

203 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by luvinhubby(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
It is very obvious, even to the blind.

Rice - 19,000 bag.
Indomie hungry man - 150
Pure water - 10 satchet
Dollar - 405 to Naira
Garri - 700 paint bucket
Fuel - 145 per liter

What other evidence do you need?

398 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by eshietIntrepid(m): 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Sir the house that took u six years to build hs been destroyed in less than two years.

Gej is a clear example why democracy is not the best system of government, once the majority got it wrong everyone suffer.

338 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Davash222(m): 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
My Hero, please you don't need to explain.
We already know that you handed over the best Government to an efulefu.

Please find a place in your heart to forgive Nigerians.

262 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by DonXavi(m): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
Anyone who's truthful will agree with all the facts GEJ stated here.

It's only a zombie that'll disagree.

244 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by benedictnsi(m): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
[size=16pt] But because say Na dullardinhoo..... We come d see this things.....

He come get ear infection join.... He no d hear anything from people weh get better advice to give am....

GEJ's Government the best since Democracy!!!
[/size]

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by nnachukz(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
The dullard with his policies has reversed our growth. They always asked what impact did Jonathan's best economy in Africa had on our citizens' life it is just paper decoration. Now I tell them, have you now seen what buhari's rape on our economy have had on our citizens' lives. Is it still paper decoration?

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Cjrane2: 10:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
We were here when Buhari refused to appoint ministers as the economy deteriorated. Then finally choosing the worst crooks as his ministers just because they are APC.

Buhari cannot say he didn't know all his delays and crappy appointments will lead us to the abyss. We are there now, so let the zombies stop wailing. We deserve the suffering Buhari had subjected Nigeria out of his gross incompetence

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by midolian(m): 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
The hatman is obviously high on dry gin and cameroun pepper again

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by lordsharks(m): 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
He's got a point
cc lalasticlala

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by sCun: 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
Sir the house that took u six years to build hs been destroyed in less than two years.

Gej is a clear example why democracy is not the best system of government, once the majority got it wrong everyone suffer.
Don't join the APC thugs on this 6 years thing. GEJ ruled for 5 years.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Auto58(m): 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
I agree with you my hero GEJ.

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by NigerDeltan(m): 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
I saw omenka peeping just now grin

Why is he hiding?

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by luvinhubby(m): 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
sCun:

Don't join the APC thugs on this 6 years thing. GEJ ruled for 5 years.

True, so true.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by jacksonPolloc(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Has anyone noticed the APC legal mentality of nowaday?
name a street in ur area after Buhari, it is called Patriotism but name ur dog Buhari and that is called treason...wtf naija which way forward

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by daniska3yaro(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Truth talk

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Jirate(m): 3:22am On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari that avoided debates and public scrutiny was the one who got the job, a man who lack the prerequisite qualifications, what a pity. Look at where we are today, people can't feed themselves adequately due to hyper inflation, 1$ is now N402, what a shame.
To Hell with the demonic APC and their digusting leaders. cool

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by eleojo23: 3:26am On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari and his APC did not have any plan on how to run Nigeria.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by omofunaab(m): 3:46am On Aug 25, 2016
So making dangote rich is also an achievement.he also handed over a corrupt Nigeria to buhari . .well Jonathan tried in the rail sector and also agriculture but education, health, power, infrastructures etc na zero .. I still don't regret voting him out and if buhari should continue like this too, he will surely be voted out in 2019 .

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by HtwoOw: 4:02am On Aug 25, 2016
This guy no dey shame

He singled-handedly ruined this country's economy

shared FOREX and reserves ,

Made a few already rich people richer

and he's making mouth

Idiota

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by temishola(f): 4:34am On Aug 25, 2016
emmalezy:

In a recent statement, former president Jonathan said he handed over the best Nigerian government, and the largest economy in Africa to president Buhari. Read other things he said after the cut...

“I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World, with a GDP of $574 billion.

I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

In 2009, the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

The former President stated that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process.

Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide. Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.

Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

That is where the leadership question comes into play. As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

Indeed, we sail through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body”.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/08/i-handed-over-best-nigerian-government.html

cc lalasticlala
. U try, fools like u will believe dat!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Funlordjnr: 4:58am On Aug 25, 2016
undecided
Abeg wetin dis buffoon dey talk again?

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Every Government should be judged by the facts about what they met and what they leave behind

It is no use blaming the past

Buhari has no moral right blaming the past because he too was also part of a troubled past.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by wirinet(m): 6:54am On Aug 25, 2016
eshietIntrepid:

You guys are pathetic. Any positives in Buhari's government, you credit Jonathan, but any negative, you exonerate Jonathan.
For example, Buhari's government is defeating boko haram, you praise Jonathan for starting it and buying arms, Boko haram strikes, you castigate Buhari.
NEPA has improved, you praise Jonathan to high heavens for fixing NEPA before he left, NEPA supply darkness as usual, you blame buhari for not supplying power. The list can go on and on.

The only house that your Hero, Jonathan build was a house of corruption and the whole world was aware except PDP and its allies; IPOB, NDA, TAN, etc.

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2016
temishola:
. U try, fools like u will believe dat!
jihadist like you. if you like go turn suicide bomber nah una occupation. see how you wear hijab like suicide bomber. lol

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by kokoA(m): 7:15am On Aug 25, 2016
You did so well and you were voted out? Abeg make we hear word jare.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by masterP042(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2016
Jona my hero

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by Honza27(m): 7:34am On Aug 25, 2016

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by deboysben(m): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2016
animal in aso rock.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by jom28gy(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2016
true talk and undeniable

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says by 989900: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2016
Hide your head in shame Dr. Jonathan.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of Guests At Halimat Babangida's Wedding / Nnamdi Kanu Is Fine , Stop Asking About His Whereabouts- Abdulkadir Erkah[video] / Forged Senate Rule: ‘it’s Not Late For Saraki To Resign’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.