Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33813 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
They matched us first half, but didn’t get a sniff in the second. We should have put five past them in the second half alone.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
What Delph did well was he knew when to go in for the tackle/attack the opposition and when to sit back when they attacked. He was never caught out of position when we faced a break.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ederson is going to be an absolute legend at this club. What a keeper, he's got it all

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Pep Guardiola: “A lot of credit to my
players. Shakhtar demanded the way
they played a lot of things for us to
do.”

Pep: “We didn’t make enough passes in
a row in the first half. The second half
was much better and we are so, so
happy.”

Pep: “The reason why they were
narrow was because the space was
wide with Leroy and Raz and our full-
backs controlled the counter-attacks.“
Guardiola: “Even in that situation (1-0)
we were stable, it was such a
demanding game and the next one
(Napoli) maybe tougher.”
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Neymar1095:
Pep Guardiola: “A lot of credit to my
players. Shakhtar demanded the way
they played a lot of things for us to
do.”

Pep: “We didn’t make enough passes in
a row in the first half. The second half
was much better and we are so, so
happy.”

Pep: “The reason why they were
narrow was because the space was
wide with Leroy and Raz and our full-
backs controlled the counter-attacks.“
Guardiola: “Even in that situation (1-0)
we were stable, it was such a
demanding game and the next one
(Napoli) maybe tougher.”

I also expect a tougher game against Napoli but I hope we can win it.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2017
Sane, Jesus, Sterling up front. Caused lots of problems in the past. They were so, so fluid.

Not sure when Pep will bring Bernardo or Gundogan into the starting line up but he will sooner rather than later. If he feels Gundogan is ready he will make space for him.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by MorataFC: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2017
So no citizens fan can come here yesterday just to wish Aguero "get well soon"?
Smh!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2017
Tough game ahead. Mendy and Sergio will be missed no doubt. It still boils down to chance conversion regardless of who starts. They will have 1 or 2 of their own but if City converts theirs, it could end very well.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2017
Dani Alves on Pep

"He is a genius. I'll say it again: a genius. Pep would tell you exactly how everything was going to happen in a match before it even happened. "For example, the game against Real Madrid in 2010, when we won 5-0. Pep told us before the match, 'Today, you're going to play like the football is a ball of fire. It never stays at your feet. Not even a half second. If you do that, there will be no time for them to pressure us. We will win easily.'
"The sensation when we left every one of his pre-match talks was like we were already up 3-0. We were so empowered, so prepared, that it felt like we were already winning."
"The funniest thing was if we came in at half- time and the game wasn't going well. Pep would sit down and rub his forehead. You know how he rubs his head? You've seen it, right? Like he's massaging his brain, searching for the genius to come to him.
"He would do this right in front of us in the dressing room. Then, like magic, it would come to him. Bang! 'We will do this, this and this, and then this is how we will score.' Then he would jump up and start barking out instructions, drawing maths and figures on the board.
"So we would go out, and we would do this, this and this. And that's how we would score. It was crazy. Pep was the first coach in my life who showed me how to play without the ball. And he wouldn't just demand that his players change their game, he would sit us down and show us why he wanted us to change with statistics and video.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2017
Neymar1095:
Dani Alves on Pep

"He is a genius. I'll say it again: a genius. Pep
would tell you exactly how everything was going
to happen in a match before it even happened.
"For example, the game against Real Madrid in
2010, when we won 5-0. Pep told us before the
match, 'Today, you're going to play like the
football is a ball of fire. It never stays at your
feet. Not even a half second. If you do that,
there will be no time for them to pressure us. We
will win easily.'

"The sensation when we left every one of his
pre-match talks was like we were already up 3-0.
We were so empowered, so prepared, that it felt
like we were already winning."

"The funniest thing was if we came in at half-
time and the game wasn't going well. Pep would
sit down and rub his forehead. You know how he
rubs his head? You've seen it, right? Like he's
massaging his brain, searching for the genius to
come to him.

"He would do this right in front of us in the
dressing room. Then, like magic, it would come
to him. Bang! 'We will do this, this and this, and
then this is how we will score.' Then he would
jump up and start barking out instructions,
drawing maths and figures on the board.

"So we would go out, and we would do this, this
and this. And that's how we would score. It was
crazy. Pep was the first coach in my life who
showed me how to play without the ball. And he
wouldn't just demand that his players change
their game, he would sit us down and show us
why he wanted us to change with statistics and
video.

Johan cryuff

Pep guardiola..

Any other coach isn't half as genius

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
The chances will be created..

It all boils down to conversion..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
This Conte formation na one in town.

They have basically set up to scatter the midfield and defend in numbers. Game go hard I won't lie. We can't let this sort of team score from a setpiece or before us as breaking them down after such will be two times difficult.

It all whittles down to Gab, Sterling and Sane converting half chances. This will be the day that Gab registers his name FULLY in England.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chelsea midfield is all power and strength without brain. Silva and kdb will destroy them. I expect nothing less than 3 goals.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
cheesy

Gabriel Jesus knows what to do when to do it..

KDB with the goal

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
shocked

Gabriel Jesus defensive contributions today.

Johan cryuff : "In my team, the first attacker is the goalkeeper and the first defender is the striker"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Bleep yeah, bossed it. Should have been 4/5 but 1-0 is progress and hopefully the start of going there every year and crushing them. Huge win, and huge statement.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Bleep yeah, bossed it. Should have been 4/5 but 1-0 is progress and hopefully the start of going there every year and crushing them. Huge win, and huge statement.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
i was Never scared of this match...... Pep does not lose to any team on this earth three times in a Row.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
Scoreline for once does not tell the full story. We were sheer class and bossed the 2nd half. Deserved the win and should have had more goals. Come on City!! KDB, Delph, Silva, Raz, Eddie take a bow, but a great team performance. Buzzing!!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
Delph on that LB is so solid damn..

Only 1 mistake all game and it didn't look like one...

Mendy will have to fight for tat spot when he comes back..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
grin

Make no mistake.. Pep only buys midfielders

3 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
One word for today's game, mind blowing. I have not felt so much ecstasy after a game. It is not just that we won but how we outclassed Chelsea in every area of the game. It was a lesson in the art of possession-heavy style of play. That was amazing.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
I have never felt this confident about a defensive set-up in my life. Considering Otamendi and Stones are not the natural Guardiola kind of players like you have in Ederson or David Silva. Guardiola has transformed both players into fantastic ball players. As soon as Chelsea started pressing, I knew they would find it difficult getting the ball from the defenders.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ederson was also amazing as usual. I feel so much confidence with him in between the sticks. He commands the position like he owns it.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
The fact that Guardiola said it will take three seasons to build the team means there is more to come from the team. Thanks fellow Cityzens for your steady contributions to the thread. You guys are true fans that mean a lot to the club.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
For the one who pointed that it was wrong not expressing our heart felt sympathy to Aguero. I agree we were wrong and I use this opportunity to express my heartfelt sympathy and wish the Legend a quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
For the one who pointed that it was wrong not expressing our heart felt sympathy to Aguero. I agree we were wrong an I use this opportunity to express my heartfelt sympathy and wish the Legend a quick recovery.

Same here..

I did wish him a speedy recovery on Twitter tho..

I hope he comes back to take home that highest goalscorer record..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
Gabriel Jesus and his ever growing Importance..

I thought we'd miss Nacho very much, but the end has justified the means..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
Big shout out to Delph. He owned that position, played brilliantly and made us not miss Mendy. I also wish Mendy a quick recovery and hope Gundogan did not get badly hurt when Kante landed on him.

A big shout out to Stones and Otamendi. They were marvellous both on and off the ball. Sane worked his socks off and Silva remains a midfield general.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
Walker keeps showing he was worth every penny. Sterling keeps looking better and Gabby Jesus was brilliant also.

Glad to see Zinchenko on the bench and celebrating with the team. As long as he keeps working hard, his time will come.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
Every single player knows their role, their position and the position of their colleagues. That is what he has brought to the team and it's why we have controlled every single game, and nearly every single minute, this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 3) On 1st April 2018 / Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live / Chelsea Vs Swansea (4 - 2) On 13th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.