Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33796 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Why are united fans so happy for aguero's ban? Do dey think he is the only guy that can give them problem? They shuld wait till nolito or nacho teach their baily some sense

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
justicejay:
Why are united fans so happy for aguero's ban? Do dey think he is the only guy that can give them problem? They shuld wait till nolito or nacho teach their baily some sense

Do not mind them. They forget it is a team game. Nolito has two goals already in the EPL. Sterling has two. Nacho had the best goal to game ratio in the EPL last season.

Leroy Sane can also attack, if Guardiola chooses to use him. We still have Silva and De Bruyne who can score from the midfield.

We can cope comfortably without Aguero

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
[size=14pt]Bravo Helped ter Stergen Get Better[/size]

Barcelona wanted to retain the services of new Manchester City keeper, Claudio Bravo and Barcelona's technical secretary, Robert Fernandez insists that no one told Bravo that he would end up as second choice.

Playing regularly in the Champions League seemed to play a part in the goalkeeper agreeing to leave Barcelona. He pointed at the opportunity to work with Guardiola as the reason he joined Manchester City.

Marc-Andre ter Stegen was the one who played in-goal for Barcelona in the Champions League. Claudio Bravo was the regular Barcelona keeper in the La Liga.

Manchester City had interest in signing ter Stegen but Barcelona chose to keep him.

Fernandez conceded that Barcelona had no option but to sell Claudio Bravo. He felt disappointed that the Chilean keeper left the Camp Nou.

"Bravo has helped ter Stegen get better," Fernandez told RAC1.

"He had an offer and although we fought for him to stay, he wanted to leave and we had to negotiate. He is a player who had two years of his contract left.

"Nobody told Bravo he'd be second choice. We wanted to renew his contract, but he had other projects in mind."

Nice words from the Barcelona technical secretary. It showed how Barcelona valued the services of Claudio Bravo and how lucky Manchester City is to secure his services.

ter Stegen started well for Barcelona, showing his exceptional quality in distributing the ball with his feet.

The technical secretary of Barcelona believed Bravo helped ter Stegen. We hope to see similar exceptional footwork from Bravo after such brilliant work from ter Stegen. ter Stegen completed 51 passes in the last match he played for Barcelona.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/bravo-helped-ter-stergen-get-better.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
[size=14pt]Stones Is Under The Best Manager[/size]

Stones insists that working with Guardiola helped him learn why the dirty work in defence is important.

Guardiola likes his team to play a possession-heavy style. This requires the defenders and the goalkeeper building attack from deep.

Stones is calm under pressure when he is on the ball and likes to play the ball out of the defence. This quality of Stones earned him criticism because of the mistakes he made.

Under Guardiola's system, Stones style of play is important. That was why Manchester City made Stones the most expensive defender in the English Premier League history. Manchester City signed him for a fee of £47.5 million.

Last season, Stones overplayed the ball from deep a lot and caused Everton costly errors.

Stones revealed that Guardiola is working to reduce his tendency to over play the ball.

"I've always liked taking the ball out of defence and I will carry on doing that but at the end of the day I'm a defender, and that's what I want to be known as – a defender, getting in the blocks and the headers that people don't recognise I do, the dirty stuff that every defender should do and should be good at. The rest of it is a bonus, where I can play out and start attacks.

"But I know I have to evaluate myself, watch things back and realise when I can do things and when I can't."

"I feel like I've settled in quickly. It's all come thick and fast and I've been taking in a lot of information over the last few weeks, trying to figure everything out.

"I'm under the best manager there is and I'm just really enjoying myself."

When Manchester City announced the signing of John Stones for £47.5 million, it looked overpriced. For a young player without European experience. It seemed too much a bargain for a defender that made costly mistakes.

Watching him play under Guardiola revealed a brilliant genius. Stones Is now confident and plays the way that suits Guardiola's system.

He no more looks as if he is holding to the ball for too long. He looks confidence and his comfort with the ball makes distribution from the back easier.

We can now see why Manchester City made him a target. His quality shows and we expect Stones to get better working with Guardiola.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/stones-is-under-best-manager.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:14am On Sep 05, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Is At Manchester City To Make Hard Decisions[/size]

Yaya Toure's agent, Dmitri Seluk is not happy with Guardiola for what he considers Guardiola humiliating Yaya Toure. He feels Guardiola humiliated Yaya Toure by leaving him out of the Champions League squad of Manchester City.

Guardiola was ruthless in his selection of his squad for the season, shipping out players who were regular in the squad. Notably, Samir Nasri and Joe Hart.

Yaya Toure survived the ruthless selections but he was not included in the 17 man Champions League squad of Manchester City.

According to the Sunday Mirror, Dmitri Seluk, Yaya Toure will not seek a move out of the Etihad in January.

His agent challenged Guardiola to apologize to Yaya Toure if he does not win the Champions League after he treated Yaya Toure poorly.

"If he wins the Champions League for City this season then I will travel to England and I will say on television that Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world," Seluk told the Sunday Mirror.

"But if City don't win the Champions League then I hope that Pep has got the balls to say that he was wrong to humiliate a great player like Yaya."

Seluk is a nice man and the way he helped Yaya Toure and his family shows he is loyal to Yaya Toure.

However it is time this man left Manchester City to do their job. He wants an apology if Manchester City does not win the Champions League.

Who should Enrique apologize to last season? What of Diego Simeone?

This is part of the job. Making hard decisions that hurt players. Today it is Joe Hart who Left for Claudio Bravo. Before, it was Shay Given who Left for Joe Hart.

We love and cherish our heroes who gave their all for the team. Win or lose, there is no need for apologies.

Seluk never asked Yaya Toure to apologize to us for the years we did not win the Champions League with him on our squad.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-is-at-manchester-city-to-make.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:44am On Sep 05, 2016
He can be loyal to yaya, but he should Bleep off cos he always cause problems in the team..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2016
[size=14pt]Gabriel Jesus Is An Ideal Player For Guardiola[/size]

Gabriel Jesus focuses on improving as a player rather than thinking of his moving to Manchester City.

"I'm focused on my objectives. I like to see the plays, successes and errors in order for me to correct them," he told a media conference ahead of Tuesday's match against Colombia in Manaus.

"I am with the national team and I'm focused here. I do not even want to have contact in relation to Manchester.

"All of this [success] comes from work. I've been working hard since I moved into the senior team. I want to learn more and more. Continuing to work will help me even more."

Manchester City announced the signing of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras on a five-year deal last month. He will link up with his new team-mates after the end of the Brazilian season.

Gabriel Jesus is doing well with Brazil after winning the Olympics Football Gold medal. He scored a brace in Brazil's game against Ecuador.

His focus, dedication and hard work to improve as a player propelled him. He will suit Manchester City because we need players who want to improve.

Guardiola is a coach who has ideas to make his footballers play better. He needs players ready to adapt into new roles and different styles of play.

This requires hard work and patience. Qualities we see in Gabriel Jesus.

Let us hope he continues improving after he joins Manchester City In January.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/gabriel-jesus-is-ideal-player-for.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
[size=14pt]Joe Hart Is A Total And Complete Professional[/size]

Willy Caballero endorsed Joe Hart as a complete professional as he is to begin his one year-long loan with Torino FC.

Guardiola believed Joe Hart did not suit the style he wants Manchester City to play and Joe Hart left Manchester City to Torino FC, where he expects to play regularly.

Caballero praised Joe Hart's professional attitude during when Guardiola dropped him from the starting lineup of Manchester City.

"Hart is an absolute professional, total and complete," Caballero told Tuttosport. "He has a dedication to his work that is uncommon - he's like a robot. He never holds back, not even for a second.

"This is a player who knows how to make his presence felt. He has a strong personality on the pitch and is a real leader.

"In recent weeks it became clear he wouldn't be in the City squad, yet he never stopped working to keep the team together, to be one of us.

"He's world-class and has everything it takes to do well in Serie A."

A lot of people would react poorly in similar situations. Joe Hart was the number one goalkeeper of Manchester City for many years. He was part of the winning team under Mancini and Pellegrini. He made saves that kept Manchester City alive in games we won.

Despite the disappointment we saw Joe Hart smiling on the bench and he did not say anything bad about Guardiola.

It is interesting to see if the goalkeeper hero returns to the Etihad. If he does not, we wish him the best.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/joe-hart-is-total-and-complete.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Dropped Yaya Toure Because Kompany Is Improving[/size]

Guardiola thought he was going to use Yaya Toure at the Champions League. Contrary to what people feel about Guardiola's choice of dropping Yaya Toure, he wanted to take Yaya to the Champions League.

Guardiola's mind changed when Vincent Kompany came through a behind-closed-doors friendly game last week. Guardiola changed his mind and replaced Yaya Toure with Kompany.

Guardiola will not rush Kompany back into the team. Guardiola needs Kompany but there are some blood tests designed to tackle Kompany's susceptibility to muscle strains that keeps Kompany out of the team.

"Every day Vincent is much better but still the blood tests are not perfect," Guardiola told reporters.

"And until the blood tests are perfect, he is not going to play with us. You have to avoid a situation where he starts, he gets injured again.

"Okay, you have to accept the injury if it's because of football, but not for the reasons that have happened to Vincent in the last three years.

"He has missed a lot of games. It is important for us because he is good.

"He had something in his muscle that was not right. In the right moment, he is going to tell us the muscle is okay."

It is good to know that Yaya Toure did not plan to humiliate Yaya Toure. Yaya Toure is a respected and decorated footballer and he would help us this season.

Guardiola expected to take him to the Champions League. Kompany was the one to lose his place in the team due to his lack of fitness. Kompany's response to treatment and his improved test results shows he can help the team.

We have two senior central defenders in the squad after the departure of Mangala on loan. The central defenders are Otamendi and Stones. In the midfield, the competition is more. That is why Guardiola chose Kompany over Yaya Toure.

Even if Guardiola will not rush Kompany back into the squad, our Captain is important to the team and his style of play suits Guardiola's system.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-dropped-yaya-toure-because.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2016
[size=14pt]City's Support In Africa Will Keep Growing[/size]

Yaya Toure's agent Dmitri Seluk believes Manchester City will lose a lot of fans in Africa because Guardiola does not see Yaya Toure as a key player of his squad. Seluk said most of the fans will shift their support to Manchester United.

Yaya Toure has not made an English Premier League appearance this season and his agent considers Guardiola's treatment harsh. Yaya Toure played one match this season for Manchester City In the UEFA Champions League playoff game against Steaua Bucharest.

Seluk believes Yaya's treatment will cause Manchester City millions of African fans. Yaya Toure faces a tough battle to play regular games at Manchester City.

"Manchester City will lose millions of supporters from Africa because of this decision from Guardiola," the Ivorian's representative told Sportsmail.

"Now they will support Manchester United.

"A lot of people in Africa say they will never see any more matches of City on television."

Manchester City had an aging squad. Guardiola had a task to build a team for the future. With Sane, Stones, Sterling, Iheanacho, Gabriel Jesus becoming regular players in the Manchester City squad, we will do this.

Players like Yaya Toure, Nasri, Bony will make way for the younger players. We also have a coach who has an absolute belief in the passing system. This means that he will promote players who play the way he wants.

With 18 foreign players in the squad, Guardiola needed to drop one. It was either Kompany or Yaya Toure. Both aging but Kompany suits more in Guardiola's philosophy and he is the one to guide Stones into becoming a top player.

It was a tough choice but the right one. Manchester City fans in Africa wants Manchester City to grow into one of the elites in European football. They need Guardiola to make the right decision. This would not stop them from supporting the club. They did not expect Yaya Toure to reign for ever in Manchester City.

Kolo Toure left Manchester City but Manchester City's support grew in Africa.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/city-support-in-africa-will-keep-growing.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
[size=14pt]Time Running Out For Manchester City Full Backs[/size]

The contracts of three Manchester City full backs expires at the end of the season and Manchester City might not offer them new deals.

According to reports, Pep Guardiola, Manchester City manager told Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna that they have to improve if they are to get new contracts at the Etihad.

Manchester City invested heavily in their Academy and they believe the Etihad Campus produced talents who could replace these full backs. The three of them are over 30 years and they might not keep up with the hard work Guardiola needs from all players.

The Sun quotes a City source saying:
“There are no talks in pipeline to discuss possible contract extensions for Pablo Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy.

“All three are out of contract next summer but all given a reprieve by Pep Guardiola to prove themselves this season.

“They are all over the age of 30 and with youngsters Pablo Maffeo and Angelino also knocking on the first-team door, City are biding their time.”

These full backs gave a lot to Manchester City and it is hard watching their time at the Etihad run out. We hope they can stay because of the memories they gave us.

These three are hard-working, determined and focused. They give you the assurances that they will give their all in every game.

However, we have exciting talents coming through the Etihad Campus. These guys need their chances to create memories for the Manchester City fans.

When Guardiola feels it is time for the academy graduates to take over, the Manchester City fans and the executives of the club should stand by Guardiola's decision.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/time-running-out-for-manchester-city.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
Seluk should stfu.
I respect yaya toure and so much love him but av lost respect for him due to his greddiness especially the statement he made wen Aubameyang won the last africa world best player...
If we stop following man city cos yaya was droped, what will the man city english fans do when pep loaned out their first choice gk.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[color=#000099][size=14pt]Time Running Out For Manchester City Full Backs[/size]
If he leave or stay he is already a legend and we would neva 4get his contribution to this g8 club

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
justicejay:

If he leave or stay he is already a legend and we would neva 4get his contribution to this g8 club

Yes. We will never forget.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Gabriel Jesus could become the next Neymar[/size]

Manchester City signed Gabriel Jesus for £27 million but he will move to the Etihad in January. Gabriel Jesus could become the next Brazilian Super Star and Tostao hopes so.

Some of Europe's best clubs wanted the Brazilian Olympics football hero but Manchester City beat them to his signature. He performed well at the Olympics and scored a brace against Ecuador on his full senior team debut.

Tostao who was part of the 1970 World Cup winning Brazilian team, wrote in his column on Folha de Sao Paulo:
“Let’s not get euphoric.

“Could Brazil now have an exceptional centre-forward in Gabriel Jesus? I hope so.

“If that happens, it will greatly improve the team. Then we would just need a great creative midfielder to put together a great team.”

Gabriel Jesus performance at the Olympics and the match against Ecuador showed Manchester City landed a quality footballer.

Let us calm our excitement because even though Gabriel Jesus looks promising, we should remember he is a teenager.

He is young and has a lot to learn. He will also need to adapt to the English Premier League. He will need time to understand Guardiola's system.

Despite these, the hope that we landed the next big Brazilian Super Star will stay in our minds until Gabriel Jesus arrives.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/gabriel-jesus-could-become-next-neymar.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22am On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Will Show Why He Chose Not To Sign Aubameyang[/size]

Pep Guardiola will go into the Manchester Derby without his star striker Sergio Aguero. There was a chance to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the summer but he opted against the move.

On Sunday, he has to show why he opted against. bringing in another recognized striker. The decision not to sign Aubameyang was a tough one, just like other bold moves Guardiola made this season. He let Joe Hart who was a long serving keeper of Manchester City go on loan and brought in Claudio Bravo as his replacement.

Sergio Aguero had hamstring troubles for three seasons and Guardiola knew there was a chance Aguero would not have a regular run of games this season.

When Manchester City considered a move to sign Aubameyang, Guardiola opted against it and Manchester City dropped their interest.

Aguero lost his cool and flung his elbow towards West Ham United’s Winston Reid. The FA banned Aguero for three games and the Argentine will miss the Manchester Derby.

As the derby approaches, Guardiola has to show will he opted against signing a recognized striker. The Spanish manager has faith in the players he has to help him deal with Aguero’s absence.

Guardiola has options to play as strikers but they are not recognized as top strikers. The most likely replacement is Kelechi Iheanacho who has come from the bench to replace Aguero under Guardiola. He also has Nolito and Sterling who could also play in that position.

None of them strikes fear in the camp of Old Trafford as Sergio Aguero.

People should not expect a weaker Manchester City In the derby without Aguero. Guardiola made tough decisions that shows he wants his team playing the way he likes. He would not drop the interest in Aubameyang if he thought he did not have cover Aguero.

This makes the derby more interesting as we wait to see how Guardiola will shuffle his attack to cope with Aguero’s absence.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-will-show-why-he-chose-not-to.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Aguero Is A Better Player Than Ibrahimovic[/size]

Harry Redknapp, former manager of Tottenham Hotspur believes there are players in the English Premier League better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Manchester Evening News reported that according to Harry Redknapp, Sergio Aguero is a better player than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Harry Redknapp spoke at the Etihad, during a Betsafe interview with ex-Celtic striker Alan McInally at the Etihad.

"I'd take Aguero," Harry Redknapp said when McInally asked if Ibrahimovic was the best player in the Premier League. "I went to Bournemouth two weeks ago and watched Man United play and he (Ibrahimovic) will score goals, there's no doubt about that, and you know with Aguero, he's probably favourite to be a leading scorer.

"He's great, you know, he's a great free. Well, he's not free - his wages must be incredible - but for a year, short-term."

Ibrahimovic is a great striker. His brilliant skills, passionate runs and goals which seem only possible in imaginary Worlds. He is a great addition to Manchester United.

However, when it comes to Manchester City and the way we play, Aguero is the better striker. He fits into Guardiola's system because of his pressing style and dropping deep into the midfield to help build up play.

I think it is a matter of preference and what the coach wants from a striker. Harry Redknapp might like the qualities of Aguero but Mourinho might prefer the style of Zlatan over Aguero.

I am glad Aguero is at Manchester City. I feel he is a better fit to our system.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/aguero-is-better-player-than-ibrahimovic.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola And Mourinho Share Many Things In Personality And Leadership[/size]

Xabi Alonso is a player who understands how Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho work. He was a key player for Mourinho at Real Madrid. He was also a key player, playing as a midfield pivot for Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.

Xabi Alonso expects a tactical and methodological battle as the two managers meet for the first time this season at Old Trafford. They were to meet in a friendly earlier this season. The match did not hold because of the poor condition of the pitch.

"It is a very big game in England. I think it will be a tactical match," he said. "Both coaches are methodical, they want to analyse everything. We'll see what will happen. I hope I can watch the game.

"I think they show many things in terms of personality and in terms of what kind of leaders they are. In terms of football, they have their own ideas how to approach the game, the ambition they have, offensively, defensively.

"In those terms they are different. But for sure they are very competitive and they get the best from each player. For a player it is like a motivation to have a trainer that gets the best of you.

"I think they share many things in terms of personality and in terms of what kind of leaders they are."

Both coaches are ambitious and like winning. They drive their players to bring out the best in them.

The difference between them is one has a belief of how he wants the team to play first before he thinks of winning. Guardiola likes the possession-heavy style and wants to win playing that way.

Mourinho wants to win. He is ready to sacrifice style to win. He focuses on winning and this is what drives him. Sometimes he loses his composure and does things that people frown at. At the end, he just wants to win.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-and-mourinho-share-many.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola's Success At Barcelona And Bayern Munich Was Not Down To Luck[/size]

Peter Schmeichel thinks Pep Guardiola made an exciting Bayern Munich team that won three trophies in one season boring to watch. He also believes luck played a role in Guardiola's trophy-laden years as the boss of Camp Nou. Guardiola won three La Liga titles as well as the Copa del Rey and Champions League twice apiece.

He was okay at Bayern Munich. I have to say he was okay," Schmeichel told Omnisport. "For me, personally, he changed a really good, entertaining team to be become more boring to watch.

"Whereas Bayern before were very direct, they won the treble, had quick players and were exciting to watch, he [Guardiola] made them play more square. He changed the players, but you can't argue with his results."

"With Pep, he comes in with an incredible reputation. What he did with Barcelona was fantastic, his work was fantastic, but he was also very lucky he had the players to bring in the philosophy that he has in football," he added.

"So whereas [former United manager] Alex Ferguson's first priority was 'we have to be able to score goals' - for most coaches that's the priority - with Pep it's possession, I want to have as much possession as possible.

"So the philosophy goes to 'I want to have so much possession that at some point we'll score a goal from that, the goals will come from possession' and that's his philosophy.

"That's what we'll see at Manchester City or he's going to introduce that. He was very lucky he had the players at Barcelona but he was clever in what he did.

"The Premier League is a completely different animal to any other in the world. It just goes on and on and on, you feel it never stops, even in March you have 12 games to go, you think will this ever stop?"

Peter Schmeichel wants us to believe that if a coach gets a brilliant idea on how to run a successful campaign with a team, if he gets players who can carry the plan out, the coach is lucky.

So when Del Bosque won two Champions League title playing brilliant attacking football, he was lucky to have the Real Madrid stars. Alex Ferguson was lucky in 1999 to have Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Schmeichel etc. Maybe, Sir Alex Ferguson was lucky in 2008 to have Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez.

When people talk like this, they do not think of the hard work and tough decisions Guardiola made to achieve his success. Letting Gustavo leave and the titles kept on coming. Losing Toni Kroos to Real Madrid and he kept winning.

At Barcelona, he let Ronaldinho, Deco, Zambrotta, Oleguer, Edmilson and Giovani Dos Santos go and won lots of titles. It took a lot of work to make Sergio Busquets the main pivot of the team and he also helped tackle Messi's injury problem.

It took more than luck to achieve this and Schmeichel who worked hard with Alex Ferguson to win trophies should understand this.

Schmeichel might consider Bayern Munich boring under Guardiola but their results shows that his philosophy helped the team win a lot. He broke a lot of records set by Jupp Heynckes at Bayern Munich.

Peter Schmeichel spoke on behalf of Nabufit. Available on Google Play and the App Store.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-success-at-barcelona-and.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Manchester City Gets More Popular Every Season[/size]

Peter Schmeichel believes Manchester City is the bigger club in Manchester when we look at what Manchester City accomplished in terms of results in recent years. He also believes that Manchester City is nowhere near Manchester United in terms of popularity. He believes there is little contest in global standing.

"There's no doubt, nobody can argue that Manchester United is not the biggest club in the world. It is," he told Omnisport ahead of this weekend's Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

"It's the club with the most fans, supporters and there are numbers out there which are official numbers so you can't argue that.

"But is it the best club in the world? It hasn't been for three years, it hasn't been even anywhere near the best club in England. Manchester City have been there or thereabouts.

"This is something you learn as soon as you walk through the doors at Old Trafford that you're never better than your last performance. You always have to improve on your last performance.

"When you look at the last three years it has been very, very poor. Seventh, fourth and fifth – that's not Manchester United. But Manchester City has been there or thereabouts so you can argue that they are the bigger club in Manchester at the moment in terms of results.

"But in terms of popularity they've got no chance of being anywhere near the biggest in the world."

Peter Schmeichel sees the strides Manchester City made in recent years. Manchester City is not near Manchester United in global standing but we are rising fast. If we look at where we were before Sheikh Mansour's takeover to where we are now, we can see our growth is exponential.

We get more popular everyday and now, people look forward to Manchester City matches expecting an entertaining and exciting match.

Our target is not becoming bigger than Manchester United in terms of popularity overnight. Our plan is to stay the best club among the English clubs when we look back in recent years. Just as Schmeichel did.

As long as we keep winning titles and playing brilliant football, we will become a big brand among the elites of European football. One day, bigger than Manchester United.

Peter Schmeichel was speaking on behalf of Nabufit. Available on Google Play and the App Store

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/manchester-city-gets-more-popular-every.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Manchester City Is Lucky Guardiola Joined The Club[/size]

Pablo Zabaleta believes we are lucky that one of the best managers in football, chose to work with Manchester City. Guardiola won a lot of titles in Barcelona and Bayern Munich. These are two of the elite clubs in the football history.

Pablo Zabaleta sees Manchester City growing into one of the elites in the game. If Guardiola is successful with his project with Manchester City, we will become a recognized European football force. He sees us growing stronger and stronger.

The Daily Star quoted Zabaleta as saying:

"I think for players when you have the opportunity to work with the best managers it's something really special.

"The experience will be great and I'm sure that in the next three years the club will make a step forward.

"I am absolutely sure of this because Pep Guardiola is one of the greatest managers and we are so lucky to have him at Manchester City.

"For him it's a new experience of the Premier League, a different league, and so I think the players will need to try and help him.

"Especially those of us who have been here a long time who know the Premier League very well. We need to work as a group and try to play well.

"His style of play is maybe a bit different to what we've done in the past. But that is normal every time you work under a new manager with their own ideas. You have to work hard."

We are lucky Guardiola chose us because he is a special manager with a vision about football. From the few months he spent in the club, we can see why he was the most sought after coach by different top clubs.

He got the team playing in a refreshing way. The high tempo and pressing makes the players give their best during the games.

We saw players like Sterling, Stones and Kolarov improve in their performances from last season.

Guardiola does not like his team conceding a lot of goals. This makes us play with caution and prevent our opponents scoring us from counter attacks.

The executives of Manchester City have a goal of us becoming a big club. A top European team and Guardiola's method shows the passion and ambition of the club on the pitch.

With Guardiola, we will grow from strength to strength.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/manchester-city-is-lucky-guardiola.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
[size=14pt]The Manchester Derby Will Make A Great Duel[/size]

Ramon Calderon, former Real Madrid President looks forward to the Manchester Derby as Guardiola and Mourinho renew their rivalry. Both clubs, Manchester City and Manchester United won all their three games, so far this season. This makes the match a mouth-watering duel.

He will not let his loyalties to Real Madrid hide his feelings about Guardiola's way of coaching. The Manchester City is boss is humble and calm. He also likes football played in an attractive way.

"They are very different personalities. Personally I prefer Guardiola's style, his attitude, he's humble and faces trouble without making a fuss," Calderon told Omnisport.

"Mourinho is more explosive and he likes blaming others when things don't go his way. That's something I don't like but it doesn't mean he's not a great manager. He's great at motivating people and he's won so many titles.

"It will be a great duel between those two. Perhaps Mourinho is favourite because United have more history compared with Man City.

"Tradition plays a big role here and it might go in Mourinho's favour. But at the end of the day you need to build a squad, both of them are doing good so we will see. It will be great and good fun to see."

Mourinho and Guardiola are among the most successful coaches in football. They managed two of the biggest clubs in Spain and they both won the Champions League twice.

These make people to look forward to when they face each other. We should not expect anything less from an entertaining match.

Mourinho secured some high-profile signings like Ibrahimovic and Pogba. However, he might not adopt an attacking approach to the game.

Mourinho is a coach who thinks of winning any way possible and he might adopt strategies to prevent Guardiola from playing the game in a beautiful way. He can do this by playing negatively, keeping most of his men behind the ball or resort to fouls to disrupt the flow of the game.

We expect Guardiola to stick to his attacking and passing principles.

These should not stop anyone from watching the game because the rivalry of the managers will make this match an entertaining duel.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/the-manchester-derby-will-make-great.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Will Adapt To The Challenges Of The EPL[/size]

Andres Iniesta, Barcelona midfielder who played for Guardiola has no doubt that the new Manchester City boss will adapt to the challenges he will face in the English Premier League. Iniesta backed his former boss and his Spanish teammates at Manchester City to improve day by day.

"Pep knows how to adapt and I'm sure he'll do so in England," Iniesta said, according to The Guardian.

"He's also got staff like Mikel Arteta who'll help that process, who know the league.

"City signed well and have a very competitive squad. I know Nolito well because he was a teammate here at Barcelona and with Spain. He's had a great start and hopefully can continue.

"I've admired David Silva for years: I think he's exceptional.

"Players learn day-to-day, from experience, team-mates and managers. I learnt a lot with Pep; he helped me to improve and he'll do the same at City."

Barcelona had a rocky start under Guardiola with them not recording a win after the first two games. Iniesta knew things would improve under Guardiola and supported his boss.

Things hadn't started well but I believed in [Guardiola]," Iniesta said.

"I felt a connection. When things come from inside, you know they're real. I felt that way, like I had to tell him, support him.

"We came back from Euro 2008 and went to St Andrews and you could already see that this was different: the training, the communication, how the manager was.

"Until then there hadn't been such a defined style and I identified with it. It changed everything and we needed that."

Manchester City started well this season, winning all the games in our first five matches. It shows that we are working with a good system under a special manager.

There are still areas that need improvement like converting more chances, building attack from the back and goalkeeper ball distribution.

We will improve with time and we will get stronger. The new signings will improve also as they adapt to the English Premier League with more games played.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-will-adapt-to-challenges-of.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by SIRcumalot: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2016
just buy beer down cheesy.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Ibrahimovic Flopped At Barcelona Because Of His Poor Attitude[/size]

Ibrahimovic's outspoken agent, Mino Raiola claims Guardiola does not have the guts to sit with him. He is angry with what he feels was a poor treatment of his high-profile player Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Guardiola. He labeled the possession-heavy philosophy of the Manchester City boss as boring. Despite Guardiola winning many trophies with his system.

Raiola aimed a dig at the Manchester City boss, Guardiola, as he spoke to Cadena Cope.

"I don't like him. I do not hate him, but I do not like him," he said. "Everyone knows what happened to Zlatan in Barcelona.

"He's a good coach but his football philosophy seems boring to me. He doesn't have the guts to sit next to me."

Raiola only blames Guardiola for what happened to Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Barcelona but failed to look at the poor actions of Zlatan at the Camp Nou.

The Telegraph reported of Ibrahimovic disobeying orders and leaving a party life. Something that the boss stood against. Ibrahimovic was a player at Barcelona. He was not the boss. He was to listen to Guardiola and not the other way round.

The report also talked of Ibrahimovic acting violently towards Guardiola to frighten him. That is terrible and that is not a person who should work with a humble person like Guardiola.

A lot of players play in roles that do not favor them. They do this to help the team. In Ibrahimovic's case, it was his way or he was going to make things miserable for Guardiola.

The report showed that Ibrahimovic threw a box close to Guardiola, showing how dangerous he was and could hurt Guardiola. Guardiola did not react angrily, bent and put the spilled stuffs back in the box.

Guardiola is humble and is not interested in showing Raiola how strong he is. He does not want to confrontation with Raiola. Guardiola interest is in how the clubs he manages play to his taste. Whether Raiola likes it or not.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/ibrahimovic-flopped-at-barcelona.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Sagna Hands Guardiola A Major Fitness Boost[/size]

Bacary Sagna returned to Manchester City training after recovering from a Hamstring tear. This is a major fitness boost for Guardiola after shuffling his defence to cope with the loss of some of his key defenders. Vincent Kompany also returned to training after a long lay off after his thigh operation. The captain of the Cityzens might not play a part in the anticipated Manchester Derby.

Sagna told City TV: “I feel good. I had to rest a bit because I had a little tear on one of my hamstrings.

“I had a long season last year, so I need to take care of my body, but today I feel great. I am looking forward to Saturday.

“I am going to be giving my maximum in the training sessions to feel as fit as possible, then the manager might have to make some choices.”

Good news that Bacary Sagna is back. The right back played brilliantly for us last season and he became the first choice over the devoted Zabaleta. Since Sagna's injury, Zabaleta helped support the team with his impressive, tireless performances.

With Sagna back, Guardiola will have the choice of selecting his best choice for the Manchester City Derby. Whoever he chooses will give his best to the team.

Glad to have Kompany back in training. His influence in the team is huge. I expect his character and leadership qualities to help bring out the best in Stones.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/sagna-hands-guardiola-major-fitness.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola's Winning Mentality Motivates The Players[/size]

Manchester City won all their three English Premier League games this season. Fernandinho who Guardiola converted into a midfield pivot believes his winning mentality drives the team.

“The Manchester derby is always special,” he told ESPN. “And with the good players, the good managers, and all the fans and supporters are living this derby before the game.

“The city will be there and both teams are ready to play this derby. We are very concentrated, and prepared for this game – it's very, very important for us.

“It's going to be a special derby on Saturday.”

“When he came to City the first thing he tried to change was the mentality of the team, of the players,” he said. “He tried to put in our heads a winning mentality.

“To be a winner, we had to change a few things – the training sessions, games, a lot of things. We are trying to do that.”

Fernandinho hinted more will come from the team. The players are learning and understanding the system the manager wants to play. We can see the impact and as they gain more understanding of the system, the results will improve.

“Every single session, and every game, we try to be better but we are just at the beginning, just two months together,” he said.

“We have seen some changes already, some positive things – we have won the last three games in the Premier League.

“This is important because at the end of the season we want to lift the trophy, so the start needs to be very, very good. I hope we can do this until the end of the season.”

The results of the team shows the hard work put in by Guardiola is achieving results. As long as the players keep learning, the team will keep improving.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-winning-mentality-motivates.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Sane Ready For Manchester Derby[/size]

Leroy Sane declared he is fit to help Manchester City in the anticipated Manchester derby. The German midfielder who did not play in any game this season due to a hamstring injury, trained with the team this week. The midfielder is ready to play his part as Manchester City tries to win their fourth consecutive English Premier League match.

"I feel good now and I think I'm ready to play." Sane told Manchester City's official website.

"I've trained well and my hamstring is fine so I'm looking for to finally getting started."

Sane expressed that he finds the rivalry between Manchester City and Manchester United fascinating. He understands that both sides want to win the game. He played in the Ruhr derby in Germany between Schalke and Borussia Dortmund.

He added: "I've played in derby games in Germany but this should be a great match and one I'm really looking forward to, especially because Pep Guardiola is taking on Jose Mourinho.

"It should be a special game and we can sense the expectation all around the city from our supporters.

"I can't believe how close the two clubs are, it's maybe 10 minutes to drive from City to United which is really quick. In Germany it was about 30 minutes between Schalke and Dortmund but Manchester is different.

"It goes without saying that everyone wants to win this game, particularly so early in the season and both sets of supporters will be afraid of losing, but that's normal for any derby – nobody wants to end on the losing team.

"On the other hand, I think some fans would be happy to end the season there and then if they end up winning.

"It's going to be exciting and I hope I can play some part and help us bring back three points.

"It will be tough. I think both sides will play their own game, keep the ball and look for openings and the team that plays the best football will probably win and we intend that to be us."

Leroy Sane is a special player and at a young age, he became an important player at Schalke. He has great technical ability. He is comfortable with the ball and he is fun to watch. He is fast, works hard for the team and enjoys creating chances for his teammates. He scores and has a nice attitude.

He is a nice addition to the squad and we hope he makes a big impact in the team.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/sane-ready-for-manchester-derby.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by DrinkWater10: 2:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by DrinkWater10: 2:21am On Sep 09, 2016
justicejay:
Just the same way Rashford disgraced Demichelis last season.
How many goals has iheanacho got against top teams compared to Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashidi.
City Fan. I m sure you started supporting the club after the year 2009 right? grin
Just wait until Bravo flops and the English press come for his head.
Visit bluemoon and confirm that their hate for Man United is greater than their love for darling club.

Enjoy your thread Citizens
Joe weldone.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:00am On Sep 09, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Just the same way Rashford disgraced Demichelis last season.
How many goals has iheanacho got against top teams compared to Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashidi.
City Fan. I m sure you started supporting the club after the year 2009 right? grin
Just wait until Bravo flops and the English press come for his head.
Visit bluemoon and confirm that their hate for Man United is greater than their love for darling club.

Enjoy your thread Citizens
Joe weldone.
Just keep blowing hot about your rashford, and let our nacho keep things cool with less attention. Rashford is just another version of wilson, januza and the likes, he will soon be killed by english media.
And when I start supporting city. Well not so long cos I started loving city since 2006. You think its lie? Well that's to you, but people who knows me then knws dat I support city though they are bellow table then just like I av pple supporting fuhalm,spurs and so on. but even if I starts yesterday I don't think is none of ur biz, cos I wonder y u support ur club too.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2016
justicejay:

Just keep blowing hot about your rashford, and let our nacho keep things cool with less attention. Rashford is just another version of wilson, januza and the likes, he will soon be killed by english media.
And when I start supporting city. Well not so long cos I started loving city since 2006. You think its lie? Well that's to you, but people who knows me then knws dat I support city though they are bellow table then just like I av pple supporting fuhalm,spurs and so on. but even if I starts yesterday I don't think is none of ur biz, cos I wonder y u support ur club too.

I started supporting Manchester City In 2010 after the arrival of Mancini. I do not think when someone started supporting the club matters but how devoted the person is to the club. What matters is the love for the club.

As for Nacho and Rashford, let us wish both players brilliant careers because they are talented.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 3) On 1st April 2018 / Chelsea Vs Swansea (4 - 2) On 13th September 2014 / Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.