Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

The Psychology Of Greed (mmm, Mavro Etc.) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Psychology Of Greed (mmm, Mavro Etc.) (1065 Views)

4 Days To Go For MMM Mavro Un-freeze / MMM MAVRO: Care To Sell Yours? / Have You Heard Of Mmm Mavro? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Psychology Of Greed (mmm, Mavro Etc.) by kilokeys(m): 4:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Psychological Health is really undermined in these part of the world. we pay more attention to the outside and ignore the inside, the very core of all our actions and inactions

Some months ago, i was in financial distress. I had some money that could sustain me for many weeks, while i figure out how to make a living.

many pple suggested this "30%" profit scheme. it was amazing to hear. I registered. Out of curiosity, i took some time out to research into the popular MMM ideology.

I decided not to go in. why?, if u ask me.

there is more to life than money. keeping my sanity, having a good night rest, and rendering help to pple out of love are amongst the many things MMM would rob me of.

here are some few danger spots.

LAZINESS

its so juicy to make 30% monthly. with the happiness calculator u can envisage how much u could make in 12 months. 50,000 naira will give u 1.2M... 1.2M will give you 28M.

then subconsciously, zest for anything thats not MMM dies. why should i work for anybody, why should i stress myself in school, why should i start up a business that will gulp up my capital and take years or even months before breaking even?.

when i can just relax and make millions by doing nothing.

VALUE

A good friend of mine complains her bf doesn't get her the usual stuff he gets her ( no matter how little). and guess his reasons....

GIRL : Honey, i need 30,000 extra to make up my house rent

GUY : baby, you know i love you, i have bigger plans.. but if you wait 2 months longer, that 30k can fetch me 50k.. just chill..

thats the same way loved ones, acquaintances and pple around him would suffer too... giving becomes hard. when he spends a tangible sum, he regrets it. feeling he could have made more.

SANITY

uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. hmmmm
all MMM members can testify.. the calculator is never far away. They postulate cash they could have, they keep at it, wake up it the middle of the night to plan on millions unearned. smile to themselves on the streets. Anything that robs you of your sanity, irrespective of if they make you happy, isnt healthy ( mad pple laugh and drift in thoughts most of the time)

ADDICTION

not yet enough... just a little more.... some more time... more money... borrowed money... ill back off soon...

it never happens.. you are a slave.

i am not imposing my opinion of MMM on anyone.. i just want you to take a step back to think.. if you still feel the same. then continue. its your choice.

so no hating and bashing on this thread. its not for everybody.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Psychology Of Greed (mmm, Mavro Etc.) by menxer: 6:30am On Aug 25, 2016
We will always find what to blame for our short comings, a greedy person is a greedy person not because of MMM.

MMM can't take over your life that had a pattern, a style, it can only complement.

Every thing should be done with moderation, there is a disclaimer on MMM site to use only spare money, which cannot or should not impact negatively on other responsibilities.

I believe MMM encourages a kind of savings mentality when you think of and get 30% at the end of the day.

I know in Nigeria anything that does not involve hardship, whipping up our negative emotions cannot be a good thing.

1 Like

Re: The Psychology Of Greed (mmm, Mavro Etc.) by Onegai(f): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Psychology Of Greed (mmm, Mavro Etc.) by An0nimus: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nice points you have there. It brings a new light into this MMM thing.

Going off point a bit: It's annoying how some of these MMM folks react when you say you're not interested in it or feel it's a Ponzi scheme. They say things like you're only attacking what you don't understand or something even meaner. One MMM guy told my brother and I quote "this is why you will always be working for somebody nd will never be your own boss". Imagine the load of crap because one ninja wants to make extra money on some scheme. Please save us the horsepiss. It's not like you're doing something more than saving your own money, sitting ducks and expecting 30percent increase. Anybody can do that. Even a deadman with money in his account will have it increase with time(no matter how small this increase is). Some of us are not fans of these type of things and the OP has stated some good reasons why.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Business Advice / Has MMM Nigeria Crashed? / Life Changing Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.