Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? (2217 Views)

Buhari Meets John Kerry In Morocco (photo) / John Kerry Arrives Sokoto State / President Buhari With John Kerry In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2016
As United State's Secretary of State, John Kerry's visit to Nigeria should be very important and eventful, especially as Obama blatantly refused to visit Nigeria throughout his 8 years of leadership. It should involve economic exchange, along with political discussions.

The question is, why did John Kerry ignore Lagos, the economic engine of Nigeria, to visit Sokoto instead? Why was his visit so vested on meeting Northern Nigeria governors and states? Was economic exchange not in the agenda? Even if it was purely political, is Southern Nigeria not part of America's interest?

I walked into a bar in Melbourne and coincidentally saw the news being shown on TV, the overwhelming portrayal of Nigeria as a caliphate, and the traditional domination of Northern figures around the visit left my friend asking if Nigeria is an Islamic state like Saudi Arabia?

Please, abeg, MAKE UNA LEAVE TRIBALISM AND GIVE ME A VALID ANSWER.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by HtwoOw: 6:34am On Aug 25, 2016
First question you should ask yourself is where did John Kerry land ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by chriskosherbal(m): 6:34am On Aug 25, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by spenca: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Do you remember the time he visited the south(Lagos) only ?

Get something to sit in please .

2 Likes

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by QuotaSystem: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2016
It's only natural to feel threatened.

Buhari's many trips that you called 'junketting' attracted tremendous international goodwill and financial commitments for the war against terror and development of the North and so you shouldn't be surprised at Sokoto being the first port of call for the U.S Secretary of State.

While you were screaming Ajala the traveler, relationships were being struck and bonds were being made with the rest of the world.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by bolaino(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:
As United State's Secretary of State, John Kerry's visit to Nigeria is very important, especially as Obama blatantly refused to visit Nigeria throughout his 8 years of leadership.

The question is, why did John Kerry ignore Lagos to visit Sokoto instead? Why was his visit so vested on meeting Northern Nigeria governors and states? Was economic exchange not in the agenda? Even if it was purely political, is Southern Nigeria not supposed to be represented?

I walked into a bar in Melbourne and coincidentally saw the news being shown on TV, the overwhelming portrayal of Nigeria as a caliphate, and the traditional domination of Northern figures around the visit left my friend asking if Nigeria is a Northern state like Saudi Arabia?

Please, abeg, MAKE UNA LEAVE TRIBALISM AND GIVE ME A VALID ANSWER.

good observation my good man, but if you are conversant with issues Regarding the United States Department Of State Foreign policies in the Middle east and parts of Africa, you'll realize that the US being the chief sponsors of Terrorism Globally, have vested interests in the Terrorists Groups up north, Mr John Kerry went up North to consolidate America's control of the False Flag War On Terror currently going on in Nigeria, I believe he met with both players of the game, The Terrorists themselves, and the people genuinely fighting the Terrorists.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by youngest85(m): 6:39am On Aug 25, 2016
He wants a dialogue with d boko boys
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by TechRev: 6:41am On Aug 25, 2016
1. The North owns Nigeria, Sokoto owns Lagos. When you visit the landlord of a property, no need touring the property to meet tenants.

2. He feels safer in the North, south is unsafe.

3. His administration has this thing for Islam, remember how they were with the brotherhood in Egypt?

4. Any agenda or US interest can only be pushed thru by the North, political landscape favors them and they have violence as first option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by agwom(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2016
hmm
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Almaiga: 6:46am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Buhari's many trips that you called junketting attracted tremendous international goodwill and financial commitments for the war against terror and development of the North and so you shouldn't be surprised at Sokoto being the first port of call for the U.S Secretary of State.
I concur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2016
spenca:
Do you remember the time he visited the south(Lagos) only ?

Get something to sit in please .

I am very much aware that it was to canvass against post-election violence. It was also in Lagos, a commercial capital. A visit to Lagos or Abuja is understandable. A visit to any other specific state should be purposeful. Why the visit to Sokoto and the focus on Northern governors only?
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 6:56am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Buhari's many trips that you called junketting attracted tremendous international goodwill and financial commitments for the war against terror and development of the North and so you shouldn't be surprised at Sokoto being the first port of call for the U.S Secretary of State.

No one is threatened. Nigeria is too big for one single group, be it ethnic or religious, to dominate others. You can dominate politically, not socially and economically. So, it's unnecessary to feel threatened. IBB, Abacha and co couldn't do it then. It can't be done now. The worst that will happen is that the country will burn to ashes.

Your second point seems valid. Does this mean that Buhari is more interested in the security and development of Northern Nigeria than other parts? Last I checked, the middle belt is being ravaged too by terrorism, and the NDA is wreaking economic havoc in Southern Nigeria. Are those not security challenges? Why only North?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by MrPresident1: 7:04am On Aug 25, 2016
HtwoOw:
First question you should ask yourself is where did John Kerry land ?

Where did Kerry land please?
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by QuotaSystem: 7:07am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:

No one is threatened. Nigeria is too big for one single group, be it ethnic or religious, to dominate others. You can dominate politically, not socially and economically. So, it's unnecessary to feel threatened. Abacha and co couldn't do it then. It can't be done now. The worst that will happen is that the country will burn to ashes.

Your second point seems valid. Does this mean that Buhari is more interested in the security and development of Northern Nigeria than other parts? Last I checked, the middle belt is being ravaged too by terrorism, and the NDA is wreaking economic havoc in Southern Nigeria. Are those not security challenges? Why only North?

It's the threat of political domination, which is the threat I alluded to.

To your question. Northern Nigeria is constantly heckled, particularly by the South, for dragging the rest of the country backwards due to its human development statistics which urgently need to be addressed. Why do you now act surprised that the region's development is the priority of the President and his international partners?

Regarding national security (BH,NDA,IPOB), deliberations of that nature are made in Abuja where Kerry subsequently visited, and not Bayelsa.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by GoldenJAT(m): 7:12am On Aug 25, 2016
we keep over heating the polity... where ordinarily.. we shoudnt have! seems ur friend is that knowledgeable, when it comes to the system of goverment each country practices. books are meant to be read.
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by GoldenJAT(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2016
we keep over heating the polity... where ordinarily.. we shoudnt have! seems ur friend isnt that knowledgeable, when it comes to the system of goverment each country practices. books are meant to be read....everythin has been planned out even before John kerry landed in d country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by omaiyale: 7:17am On Aug 25, 2016
ISLAMIZATION i guess
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by newbornmacho(m): 7:18am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

After decades of Northern rule , the north is still a cage of almajiris , and a mission field for southern youth corpers without which the system collapses,... I doubt any aid can lift y'all out of the hole Islamic fanaticism put you into. It is still southern doctors they will beg to help them treat their sick.
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

It's the threat of political domination, which is the threat I alluded to.

To your question. Northern Nigeria is constantly heckled, particularly by the South, for dragging the rest of the country backwards due to its human development statistics which urgently need to be addressed. Why do you now act surprised that the region's development is the priority of the President and his international partners?

Regarding national security (BH,NDA,IPOB), deliberations of that nature are taken in Abuja where Kerry subsequently visited, and not Bayelsa.

Thanks for your detailed and non-insolent reply. Please, keep it this way.

I still insist that the president shouldn't make the development of one region his priority. What you enumerated is what the states and local governments in the Northern region exist for. The president is a national leader. His priority should be on every nook and cranny of Naija.

The north is just as impoverished as the Niger Delta region. There is no part of Nigeria that is developed. Shouldn't his priority be national development instead of one region's development?

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2016
GoldenJAT:
we keep over heating the polity... where ordinarily.. we shoudnt have! seems ur friend isnt that knowledgeable, when it comes to the system of goverment each country practices. books are meant to be read....everythin has been planned out even before John kerry landed in d country.

Leave my friend out of this and focus on my questions. As you claim to be more knowledgeable, answer the question.

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by GoldenJAT(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:

Leave my friend out of this and focus on my questions. As you claim to be more knowledgeable, answer the question.
i have got nothin to say,because there is actually nothin to say concernin it! just stop overheating d polity. Sokoto it was... and Sokoto he went to... John kerry wasnt in nigeria to tour its states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by QuotaSystem: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:

Thanks for your detailed and non-insolent reply. Please, keep it this way.

I still insist that the president shouldn't make the development of one region his priority. What you enumerated is what the states and local governments in the Northern region exist for. The president is a national leader. His priority should be on every nook and cranny of Naija.

The north is just as impoverished as the Niger Delta region. There is no part of Nigeria that is developed. Shouldn't his priority be national development instead of one region's development?

So you're saying you want to keep heckling the North about its challenges but don't want focus to be concentrated on solving them?

Have President Buhari and his ministers abandoned their responsibilities to other regions just because Kerry visited the North alone?

The fact is the North is set to experience accelerated development in the coming years along with other regions that choose to cooperate with the government; it is a region too big and too blessed to be insulted by other less politically dominant regions. Things must change.

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

So you're saying you want to keep heckling the North about its challenges but don't want focus to be concentrated on solving them?

Have President Buhari and his ministers abandoned their responsibilities to other regions just because Kerry visited the North alone?

The fact is the North is set to experience accelerated development in the coming years along with other regions that choose to cooperate with the government; it is a region too big and too blessed to be insulted by other less politically dominant regions. Things must change.

The North's got adequate representation in Nigeria. The executive, legislative and judicial arms of government exist in these states. Why do you portray them as being disadvantaged? The governors in these Northern states owe Northern Nigeria citizens the exclusive responsibility of developing their states and local governments. The president (head of the Nigerian state) should not focus on the North. That is why he is the president.

Who is insulting the North? Who are the less politically dominant regions? Please, educate me further because I don't understand your last paragraph. What things must change?

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2016
GoldenJAT:
i have got nothin to say,because there is actually nothin to say concernin it! just stop overheating d polity. Sokoto it was... and Sokoto he went to... John kerry wasnt in nigeria to tour its states.

So, I shouldn't ask WHY SOKOTO just because SOKOTO it was? So, pertinent questions now overheat the Nigerian polity?
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by 989900: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2016
DOA
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by GoldenJAT(m): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:

So, I shouldn't ask WHY SOKOTO just because SOKOTO it was? So, pertinent questions now overheat the Nigerian polity?
make we no quarrel bro! just that.... most nairalanders here are really immatured and before u knw, will greatly derail d thread. bk to ur question.. we cant say for sure y sokoto was his point of call.. somewhere must b choosen for d visit.. and maybe sokoto was what de wanted exactly. hope u r good?

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2016
I have also wondered too
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by QuotaSystem: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:

The North's got adequate representation in Nigeria. The executive, legislative and judicial arms of government exist in these states. Why do you portray them as being disadvantaged? The governors in these Northern states owe Northern Nigeria citizens the exclusive responsibility of developing their states and local governments. The president (head of the Nigerian state) should not focus on the North. That is why he is the president.

Who is insulting the North? Who are the less politically dominant regions? Please, educate me further because I don't understand your last paragraph. What things must change?

Nope. The North is the Presidents primary constituency and I'm sure you realize he doesn't get excited at being called a parasite because misgovernance made us a mono economy, or thrilled at his region blamed for holding the country back. The North is too big and too blessed (manpower, minerals, agriculture, political acumen) to be lagging behind other regions in this country. That must change.

Furthermore, it is his duty as you rightly stated, to ensure the entire country moves forward and if that is to be possible, extra attention must be paid to region accused of holding the rest of the country backwards so we can all move forward. Abi?

Regarding my last paragraph, use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Bethelwealthy(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2016
.....................Because Obama sent him to his fellow JIHADIST.
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2016
GoldenJAT:
make we no quarrel bro! just that.... most nairalanders here are really immatured and before u knw, will greatly derail d thread. bk to ur question.. we cant say for sure y sokoto was his point of call.. somewhere must b choosen for d visit.. and maybe sokoto was what de wanted exactly. hope u r good?

I'm good bro, thanks. Hope you good too?
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by seunny4lif(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by GoldenJAT(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2016
Justcash:

I'm good bro, thanks. Hope you good too?
i am o! we thank God... just de manage our live small small.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbanjo Should Be Extremely Careful / Photos:ipob No Election Campaign Hits Streets And Villages In Anambra / Aregbesola Commissions N94m Christian School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.