Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) (47577 Views)

Airforce 1 On STV Right Now, Nigerian Idols season V / Pepsi Nigerian Idols / Dare Art Alade On American Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Tmoni(m): 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2007
DEDE gives the show flavour and humour, addressing all thier f@#k ups
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by mobols: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2007
font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] ANYBODY WHO CRITICIZES DEDE DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ! ABOUT MUSIC.AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN HE HAS VERY GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT HE IS DOING AND FOR THOSE WHO COME FOR AUDITIONING WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE ESSENCE OF WEST AFRICAN IDOL------- DEDE HAS GOT INTRESTING ANSWERS TO THEIR ANNOYING PRESENTATIONS. DINT U ALL THINK THAT ALL THOSE BORING VOICES AND PRESENTATIONS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO GO SCOT FREE WITHOT BEING GUNNED DOWN BY DEDE
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by olawa20(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2007
this show is some real fun. the calabar audition brought out a lot of clowns. there was this rasta guy that rendered wyclef's dialo. i actually couldn't stop laughing. i heard a guy came to perform fela's song and he was clad in white pants(underwear). i missed that though.

there were some others that had real good talent but chose some wrong songs. a girl performed one of marymary's track, though she sang well, she was asked to do another song she did another of marmary's track again and she was disqualified.

some of them should have sat down with their friends at home for some mini audition and they would not have disgraced themselves this much.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Everbright(f): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2007
Nana can now see that that our Nigerian girls are superstars
Did sum1 help me see that girl that did "i beli mine can flaa"
so funny abi
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Blow(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2007
West Africa Idol indeed!

What is wrong wit us in Nigeria, Africa,

This copy and paste syndrome must stop!

Nollywood? Big Brother Nigeria? , Now America oops West Africa Idol

Please lets find and do something that relates to our circumstances here

Originality makes the world go round
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by bennie019(f): 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2007
@ blow i would say you are right about the originality stuff but think about it how many original west african or nigerian stuff has had so much hype and attention eg compare idols west africa to the amastle malt box office thing

the auditions hav been really crazy, dede with his funny remrks n his face when he is in shock , Dan and nana

Did you guys see the 36 year old guy 'who did money good o' and the 42 year old guy who did another funny song.

As for costumes a guy in calabar who came in his underpants sayin he wanted to be like fela >>>>> That was crazy

well there where some great voices and there where some voices you just wanted to asked the singer what are you thinkin
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by deb(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2007
How on earth did a non talented supposed artist like DEDE get to be on the show? This is a guy who does not have a single album !!!! And he is judging the talented and dedicated upcoming artists ! Is that not ludicrous? All he has been doing for the past 10 years is to sing the great FELA's songs, Gosh, Abami eda's own heir, Femi kuti is now a global icon and he does not rely on his daddy,s old songs.
Why do we not have dedicated music people like ONYEKA ONWENU, oLISA of Cool fm{ instead of Dan Foster] or even one of the humourless and dry duo of Kenny Ogungbe or Dayo Adeneye etc but not a DeDe who cannot discover his own musical inclination not to talk of knowing budding and potential artists.

And he should not have bounced Manny because that dude is talented.

I agreed with everything you said except that of Kenny Ogungbe/Dayo Adeneye part.
What do they know about music except to promote artist. Sorry my brother they are not musical
enough to be on any idols panel.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Blow(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2007
@Benie, I think u are right,
but we can do something about our stuff,
Keep on doing our thing right, improving upon innovations
And packaging it so that it will acceptable

We give it the needed hype,
check out the English Premier League
It wasnt like this before the 90s
They re-package and sell it to the world
The local press has a lot to do
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by zPixel(m): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2007
Did you guys see the guy that came with his pants claiming he's the new Fela. What was he thinking. Who let him in by the way.

I think the other male judge(don't know is name, but not Dan Foster) has issues, i don't think he has said yes more than once.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by pati(f): 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2007
DEDE is doing really good , he is a very serious minded person and seems to know what he is doing. i trust his judgments. i like him
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Tmoni(m): 1:56am On Mar 02, 2007
did u want dede to say yes to the "fela" guy?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by cabali(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2007
the show: quite poor;[b][/b] the editors need to go through auditioning also

the judges: dan is careful not 2 hurt, nana is just there to help out and display confusion abt her judgement, no mind of her own. Dede is a disgrace, really cos he makes it boring, u dont keep someone 4 5mins saying sorts of rubbish b4 u say no?

the contestants: some of dem wud do with better judges

And pls ON WHAT BASIS WERE THE JUDGES CHOSEN? can someone let me know pls?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by myway1: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2007
hey!
i think it's such a good ideal for nigeria to host its NIGERIAN IDOL! because to be candid we have huge of talents in here in this country, but the problem i have with this country hosting the reality show is puting the right people there because we all know what is reigning in this country. C.O.R.R.U.P.T.I.O.N! in conclution, we'll need to put the right people there to make this reality show a huge success! God bless ya'
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by cabali(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2007
Any word on how that goof dede got there yet?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by tuzorwulu(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2007
Ppl check this link out. You should hve an idea what was looked at/for during selection of the judges
http://www.mnetafrica.com/idols/news/default.asp?Id=47

cabali:

Any word on how that goof dede got there yet?
@cabali
I beg to differ though (read and KNOW). What do u think about Nana?? the article d link points to shows she ought to be beta, but is this another side of her when she's not performing??
wink
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by nospetco(f): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2007
please vote for omawummi, the shania twain performer, she's got attitude and style.
pls pls i just love her. pls pls pls

to vote for her, send "4" t0o 33351

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Seun(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2007
I would love to, but there's no more dstv for me. cry
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by zPixel(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2007
why the campaigning, if she's really good then people will vote.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by chinesedoll(f): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2007
pls vote for that no 5 guy dat performed

it must have been love but its over now,

am still screaming dat guy is fuckinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng guuuuuuuuudd
cant really remember his name now cause i was dumbfounded after he finished
singing
he's still d best as far as am concernedh
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by thabs: 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2007
New to this forum, but was looking for a place to discuss Idols. Am really impressed with no 5, Timmy, was blown away by him from the auditions. He sings with a lot of passion and emotion. I love his voice and stage presence as well. So far he is my favourite.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by molluma(f): 11:27am On Mar 05, 2007
number 4 is my candidate.omawuma.timmy is great though
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by jjuummaaii(f): 11:54am On Mar 05, 2007
pls i want to vote for omawunmi oooooooooooooooooooooo
that girl is da bomb abeg, no one beat her to it yesterday, pls guys vote for her.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by getlucky: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2007
wuddup, i'm a new member of this site .  where have you people been all my life, anyway i don't know why u guys are mad at dede, didn't u hear those terrible voices. if i was a judge i would come with a cane or koboko (horse whip). tha job is too hard. u could hurt ur ears just by listening to them. and did anyone see the fela impersonator. GOD!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by getlucky: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2007
and oh!!!!!!!!! that nana lady, whats her problem. she looks like a scary clown. all she needs is a big red nose. and she had sumtin against all the females.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2007
am I the only who wonders HOW they got to the final 24?

first there were the auditions and i can say i watched 85 percent of it, so when did they streamline to 24 people without making that public.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by darqly(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2007
It's true that some of the guys that turned up for the audition couldn't sing a note, even if their very lives depended upon it.
They made the show quite lively really. But the thing is Dede is damn rude, no the word is abusive. He's allowed to be rude but I don't think he has the right to call anyone names or make caricatures of them, sad
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by odada(m): 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by thabs: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2007
The two best performers definitely made it through. Timi has something special, when he sings he connects with the audience, he does not jus sing, he feels and interprets his songs magnificently. His voice and presence on stage is magical. He transforms when he sings and that is star power.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by profade1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2007
Hi,

I missed monday's episode. Which two made it to the next round?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Enkrate(m): 6:54pm On Mar 06, 2007
IT's FUNNY THE PROGRAMME IS IDOL WEST AFRICA, BUT THEIR CRITERIA IS TO MARKET ARTIST AND SONGS IN AMERICA, [WHAT MAKES AN IDOL IN WEST AFRICA SHOULD AND MUST BE DIFFERENT FROM ONE FROM AMERICA]

PLEASE NIGERIANS JUST ARE TOO CONFUSED, WHY ISN'T THE AMERICAN IDOL FASHIONED TO SUIT AFRICAN KIND OF MUSIC, MUST WE COPY EVERY CONCEPT SEEN IN AMERICA, I AM DISAPPOINTED AT THOSE EVEN SITTING AT THE PANEL, EXCEPT FOR MR FOSTER WHO IS ACTUALLY AMERICAN,

HOWEVER THE RATE OF POVERTY IN THE LAND IS SO APPARENT BY THE PEOPLE JUST COMING OUT TO YARN IN A BID TO HIT SOMETHING,

MAY THE LORD HELP BLACK AFRICA
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by odada(m): 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2007
@enkrate
u betta sit back and enjoy the show!na you sabi!! wink wink
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Seun(m): 7:59am On Mar 07, 2007
Can someone upload the audio or video clips for those of us currently without DSTV subscriptions? kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Pasuma Alabi Arabambi Or Saheed Osupa Matagbamole / Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim / Wizkid Joins Justin Bieber On Stage To Perform Essence: PICS & VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.