Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) - Music/Radio (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) (47597 Views)

Airforce 1 On STV Right Now, Nigerian Idols season V / Pepsi Nigerian Idols / Dare Art Alade On American Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Netimah: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2007
An Evening with Timi!

Timi's Fan Club is hosting him at Planet 44, Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos from 7:00 pm. All fans should be seated by 7:00 pm. Timi will sing for his fans!

This event is strictly by invitation.

Call any of these numbers for details: Fred - 08023409167; Ken - 08024300786; Tayo - 01-8142524; Nkechi 0823339306/01-8768075; Az – 08023117325/01-7256142; Lee – 08023236147/1-7220254.

You may also send an email to azizauko@gmail.com or fruyi@yahoo.com.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by 9ja4eva: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2007
Good
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Whobedat: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2007
oya,make i summarize the whole matter-whether you like am,whether you no like am.the thing be say na timi,na timi win.the thing be say na timi,na timi win.
me too,i don become idol for my house o.Incase you still do not know or not sure of who i'm supporting,let me give you a hint-the thing be say na timi,na timi win
grin grin grin
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2007
wouldn't it be great if we could all get together (everyone on this thread) on some night and meet face to face? I know i would like to see what Thabs and Netimah look like. Icon i have already seen on his blog but would still love to meet. Would also like to see Salsera and a whole lot of others. Sounds like a good idea and i thought i should kick it out there.

So watchyall think?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 1:41am On Jun 16, 2007
@Lawyerchap, hey that would be great! Hope there'll be no violence sha , LOL. I see Netimah in my mind's eye ready to punch at anyone who talks against Timi in favor of Omawumi , and some people ready to boil at the slightest mention of Timi. But you're in Yankee, no? I'm in Nigeria, Netimah is in Nigeria, Salsera, I no know, Thabs, I no know, but it's a good Idea.
BTW, I met some people at the Timi's Fans club get together today. It was a great event , for real. I met Aziza, come to think of it, I forgot to ask after Netimah! Anyway, I'm sure we'll still meet.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by thabs: 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2007
Would be a great idea, but I live in South Africa. 

@Icon, hope you will blog in detail, please,  about the party.  The only way, us outside of Nigeria, can  keep up  to date with what is happening with Timi,   is by reading about all the interviews, articles, shows and any information anyone can give us.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2007
@ lawyerchap

I'm down with a reunion anyday, I'm in Naija actually Ibadan

cos i've missed you guys, the only reason why i came to Music section

so send the word maybe we can mail our contacts etc.

Abeg let's do it quickly cos i don't understand the term 'this topic is stickied' attached to this thread
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2007
kai ! this thread long,

Y'all have to promise me that we won't speak all this grammar when we meet okay?

And people like Timi and Oma will be off topic

we could talk about top 80
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 2:31am On Jun 17, 2007
@Icon
I'm in Lagos, Naija. Wonder why you had the impression i was in Yankee. Really it would be fabulous. But what would the modalities be? Suggestions please.
@Thabs
So u're in SA? Bugger. I was so looking forward to meeting you.
@Salsera
U're so close by. Do u ever come in to Lagos?

People, lets make this happen. Let's talk it through to fruition. Suggestions Please!!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2007
@Lawyerchap, Serious? don't know what gave me the impression you were in Yankee. Alright that makes 2 in Lagos. Salsera, when do you come to lagos? Let's know so we can plan for that. Also all the other people who've been contributing on this thread, please indicate your willingness to meet. Imani, Uchetobi, Mustay, 9ja4ever, etc. You guys, holla
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Saruni: 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2007
Hi all,

it seems that this forum turned into a real community - quite amazed to read how a music competition can stir people's interest in meeting each other.

Anyway, just wanted to turn your attention to another music competition - Nokia First Chance - and to quite an amazing singer, Justina who is one of the three people left in the competition.

Justina has a fantastic voice and is quite an amzing performer. I just read an interesting comment about her on another forum of the nairaland site - www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-44331.96.html.  She won Project Fame three years ago, together with Dare but didn't get to go to South Africa for the finals because she didn't have the money to get a passport and nobody helped her out, so someone else got to go instead. She has a website and there I read a similar version of this story - www.justina-ogunlolu.com/biography.htm

After watching her performing live several times, I have no doubts that Justina would make us Nigerians proud. She would make a stunning duet partner for Timi - if Timi doesn't forget the lyrics that is wink smiley

So check her out and give her your support - she really seems to deserve it!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Dimeji78: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2007
Saruni - that's interesting info on Justina. I agree with you on her potential, she is by far the best singer and overall performer of the three left at Nokia First Chance.

I just checked out Justina's website. It's quite professional, you can even listen to and download some of Justina's own songs and watch shows she had in Switzerland (www.justina-ogunlolu.com/music.htm)

Timi would have found a more than adequate match in her - may be the makers of West African Idols and Nokia First Chance recognize this and get them to sing together - that would be fantastic!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2007
there is a thread for Nokia first chance already, and we know about it

let's not digress

Reunion!!

I can pop into lagos anytime weekends are better tho

About modalities "timi and oma ' are OFF-TOPIC

lets talk abt all the others grin

9ja4eva are you in naija

what abt you Mustay

its a pity thabs is in SA
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2007
OK, we have 3 people now. Lawyerchap, Myself and Salsera. I wish Thabs were in Naija. What's happening to others? Netimah, i think i should be able to contact him/her (don't know if it's male or female). Others who contributed to this thread (I remember bagoma [/b]and [b]kaydee , in addition to the others), kindly indicate your interest. It might be good to leave our e-mails here so we can communicate that way. Mine's omotayo1 [at] gmail [dot] com.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 12:00am On Jun 18, 2007
my email address is sendswift@yahoo.com

Guys, lets put down our emails here so everyone can get updates.

Would we be looking at a friday or saturday night?

BTW i've known about Justina for like, ever. Surprised Saruni is only just hearing about her. She's phenomenal.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 12:25am On Jun 18, 2007
Wow, it would be a night to remember if we could get everyone together. If you know any of these people, please let them know what we're planning.

Mimiko
Everbright
Aziza
Gamine
BMO
Naijagal
Salvage
Cammax7
Idim
Cabali
Segebee
Chukky76
Seun
Etio
Tollu
Bennie019
TNG
Iyken
Sartorius
Hype
Moondust
Ghengis
Molluma
ronnie-slimz
Agbola
Tasiana
Modups
Funweez
youngies

Anyone who contributed on this thread needs to know that we're planning this, but it would appear that since Idols has ended, many people no longer visit the thread. If you know anyone who contributed please let them know.

Perhaps we should list it as the topic of a new thread. (How does one even start a thread here?)
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 12:39am On Jun 18, 2007
Razorr
Zizi
Prof Ade
dominobaby
2dye4
Aisha2
Makin

Guys, lets hear from you.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by mimiko(f): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2007
hey guys am here! who missed me. whats going on? hint me!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2007
@ mimiko

sista just drop ur contact girl

mine is moren underscore 1 at yahoo dot com  wink

abt the day friday night seems okay but i fear lagos traffic,  so I wud prefer saturday or even sunday

you mentioned Seun  (hmmmm)  the overseer of nairaland , r u sure we won't need to get him a visa grin
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by ronnieslimz(f): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2007
Saruni:

Hi all,

it seems that this forum turned into a real community - quite amazed to read how a music competition can stir people's interest in meeting each other.

Anyway, just wanted to turn your attention to another music competition - Nokia First Chance - and to quite an amazing singer, Justina who is one of the three people left in the competition.

Justina has a fantastic voice and is quite an amzing performer.

i just luv this lady 4rm d very 1st day i saw her. . . she's wondaful and hotttt!!!!!

wat are u guys planning on??
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by sein4soul(f): 5:56am On Jun 19, 2007
salsera:

there is a thread for Nokia first chance already, and we know about it

let's not digress

Hi Salsera, Lawyerchap, Icon, Thabs and all

have been a quiet reader of all your comments so far but now would like to share a thought.

You have been and are passionate about your favourites at West African Idol but most of you don't seem to be interested in the contenders at Nokia First Chance.

I am wondering why that is, especially given that there is one person there who really, really deserves to get a chance to make it big. I am fully in line with the several comments made on this thread about Justina - she is a phenomenal singer and entertainer who is able to excite and spellbind the audience in a similar way as Timi does. In her last performance, she sang a song called "I need you back" and got so emotional that she couldn't finish the song. I have rarely seen a performance as sincere as hers that night!

Justina is clearly the most worthy winner of Nokia First Chance but she comes from a poor background and does not have a powerful voting cartel behind her.
Many of you got very upset about the voting cartels behind Temitayo and Jerrylin which were threatening Timi's victory, I urge you to develop the same kind of passion for Justina. Check her out on her website (www.justina-ogunlolu.com/biography.htm) or next Saturday on STV to see whether you agree with my opinion about her and if you do, give her your support. I am sure that she needs it.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 19, 2007
@ sein4soul

kai, do not digress

If you followed this thread from its 1st page to the 22nd page you will see many times where we referred to NFC, even going as far as wishing some of the contestants there were in Idols.

WE KNOW abt NFC okay
I have even posted on the NFC thread many times. Yes Justina is good, we agree r u happy now?

Idols worldwide has been running for at least 7 years so it''s not surprising this thread is this long and that we are passionate abt,
of course we would be, most of us hav watched Idols religiously every year whether its US,SA or UK.

Back to our ''bash'
@ronnieslimz

if yu have ever posted on this thread before and live in Naija(lagos) then drop ur e-addy cos we are tinkin of having a NL WAI reunion
just to see the faces of members we've been knockin heads with the past 5 months grin grin
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by mimiko(f): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2007
@ salsera
tx gurl!
my contact is mimilove81@hotmail.com
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by mimiko(f): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2007
am in Lagos guess we re increasing in num guys for workers dont think Fri would be a good idea, sat or sun ll be cool.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by kaydee(m): 12:03am On Jun 20, 2007
Fill me in oh!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2007
@Kaydee
We thought it would be a great idea for everyone who contributed on the West African Idols Thread to have an evening out and get to meet all those we've been knocking heads with over the last five months. (Thanks Salsera.)

So if you contributed to the raging debate over West African Idols, please indicate your location and leave your email address so you can get updates on the planning and get to know when the almighty event will be scheduled for.

West African Idols Season 1 may be over, but we're a community now. Let's meet and make it real.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by chukky76(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2007
hey what y'all organizing?
my email is chukky76@yahoo.com

i hope i dont have to wear a bulletproof vest for the meet?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by kaydee(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2007
Aight!!! I'm in Lagos

realkaydee@yahoo.com
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2007
@icon

Let's do this

would you handle correspondence, copy the email add's already sent here so we can communcate details

@lawyerchap

what abt a venue any ideas, we'd all buy our drinks and food so a place that's decently reasonable will do.

@ALL

is sunday cool with all, like a sunday late afternoon say from 4pm possible dates July 1st and July 8th

thots please
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2007
OK Salsera, I'll be sending a mail soon.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by dominobaby(f): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2007
Hey hey hey!!! Before y'all cut me off. . . . . Cool idea really, i'm in Lag, and ma id is Akadomino underscore baby @ yahoo dot com! That is Akadomino_baby@yahoo.com .

I'm working presently and i guess for most of us saturday or sunday will be best.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by 9ja4eva: 1:38am On Jun 22, 2007
@Icon

I no dey 9ja @ d moment.Which time una wan hold dis meeting?

@Salsera

No am nt in 9ja.Shld be back later in d year

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Pasuma Alabi Arabambi Or Saheed Osupa Matagbamole / Opinion : Top Five Nigerian Singles That Attained International Acclaim / Wizkid Joins Justin Bieber On Stage To Perform Essence: PICS & VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.