Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) (32257 Views)

Andrew Ogbuja Arrested For Raping Housemaid (Benue State Polytechnic Lecturer) / Barber Who Set Self Ablaze On Lagos Road Dies / Man Parks His Jeep & Bathes On Lagos Street In Broad Daylight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Islie: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2016
Taiwo Jimoh

Two sisters, suspected to be members of a terror group targeting medical doctors in Lagos for extortion through threats of elimination, are now in police net.

The suspects, Rita Ojobo (30) and Mrs. Emmanuella Ossai, were apprehended by the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the state Police Command, led by ACP Olatunji Disu. The RRS officials tracked down the syndicate and arrested two of them.

It was learnt that the RRS had contacted the International Police (Interpol) to help repatriate the other gang members who had fled to Togo. Ojobo and Ossai, along with other members of the syndicate, it was learnt, usually contact doctors on the phone to ask them to remit certain amount of money into account numbers or risk being kidnapped or murdered. Ojobo was arrested at Diamond Bank in Onitsha after she went there to withdraw money paid in by one of their victims.

However, the suspects said they knew nothing about the crime. They claimed that their older brother, Kenechi Ojobo, who resides in Togo, sent their account number to the creditors to pay in money.

The sisters also claimed that Kenechi, a motorcycle parts merchant in Togo, told them that he usually gives relatives of the creditors the CFA (Francs) equivalent of the money paid in.

Ojobo said she was invited by her bank that there was an issue with her account and rushed to the bank only to be arrested. She said: “I do not know anything about threatening people.

My brother was the one who called and told me that someone will pay in money to my account that he has given the person’s relation in Togo the equivalent in CFA. He said that he would collect the money when he comes and add it to the money to buy his goods. “But I was just in my house last Thursday when I received a call from the bank that someone has tampered with my account.

I rushed to the bank but I was arrested and taken to Central Police Station in Onitsha. It was at the bank that they told me what happened. “After they arrested me, I told them that it was only once money was paid to my account and that my brother usually uses my sister’s account for the transactions and they now took me to my sister’s house and arrested her as well.

“If I knew anything about such thing would I not have escaped when the bank called me?” But Ossai, who has a one-month-old baby, said four people had paid N220,000 into her account at different intervals which her brother had come back home to collect.

The suspect she only knew Kenechi “does local money transfer”. According to her, each time he comes home, he would collect his money to buy goods. Ossai said that she went to the bank sometime last month after her brother told her that someone had paid N50,000 but she did not get alert

https://newtelegraphonline.com/sisters-arrested-preying-lagos-doctors/

1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Mimidiva(f): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by daomi(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2016
E
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by sorextee(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2016
this story get K-leg.. undecided undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Redman36(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2016
hmm.wot is ftc
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by babtaima(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari has turned people into theifs..

2 Likes

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Icecomrade: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2016

Follow the story of the two accused sisters, you will see the sincerity and truthfulness in their account.

They simply had no knowledge about this case. The brother just played on their ignorance to perpetrate his crime.

But I trust Nigerian Police. They will frustrate these 2 women, and make them sell their entire household in the name getting off the hook.

This is a country where just for the poor doesn't exist in their dictionary. A country were someone names a dog Buhari and held in prison cell

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by aboki2000(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2016
sorextee:
this story get K-leg.. undecided undecided

The tori get as ebi
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by AmuEwu: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari

Take it or leave it na Buhari cause am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by musttapha(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2016
END TIME SISTER'S undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by omonla555: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2016
NCAN -London

4 Likes

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2016
grin
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by abdulaz: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2016
grin different formats everyday, naija I hail!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Adesam09(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2016
I don learn something oo... If Bank call you say u get problem with your acct,na trap ... Good

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Addicted2Women: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2016
Kemi Olakunle
Abigail Oyedepo
Bidemi Olakaewu
Olanikpu Ademumu
Name checkers association of Nigeria, India Branch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2016
nawa ooo nawa ooo
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by francisMKD(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2016
adonbelivit!
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Skipuru(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2016
What man can do woman can do it better
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by BIGTinfotech: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2016
The economy get as e be ni jare
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by moses93(m): 11:08am On Aug 25, 2016
I don't know why any bad bad thing always happens in lagos. Here in Abuja we don't experience all these nonsense o.

1 Like

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by NameChecker: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2016
I came to check names

The suspects, Rita Ojobo (30) and Mrs. Emmanuella Ossai, were apprehended by the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the state Police Command, led by ACP Olatunji Disu. The RRS officials tracked down the syndicate and arrested two of them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Lilcentt(f): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2016
Who cares?

Dem sisters no go eat ni? Since buhari don scatter country won't dey find anoda job?
For ur info,datz wat I do too for a living
Come and catch me fuckin RSS!!!
Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by MadCow1: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2016
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by publicenemy(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Hustle hard.
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by babdap: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2016
Name checkers crew
Re: Sisters Arrested For Preying On Lagos Doctors (pictures) by Akynzodeighbour(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2016
NCAN, Food is ready, over to you, do the needful

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Delta, Housewife Bathes Husband’s Girlfriend With Acid / NURTW Members Protest MC Oluomo’s Emergence As Caretaker Committee Chair / Any Person Who Unlawfully Kills An Animal Is Liable To Imprisonment- SP Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.