Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,435 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:21 PM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (350334 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by castrol180(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2017
bibijay123:
Copyright 2016@ Gaglo Blessing. No part of this work should be distributed or used without a prior written permission of the author.

Email: blessinggaglo@yahoo.com

Synopsis: Lives, love and different interests being intervowen by circumstances. There are those who fight for the right to love, those who fight to protect the ones they love and those who fight for the love of their own interests. Whether love triumphs or fail, that decision lies in the hand of time.

Prologue
Tomi

A peep into my life

I walked into the school hall drawing glances from other students. Some were even snickering behind my back! who cares?

" Na wa o! Soap don finish for naija?" i heard an albino girl in my class exclaim.

I went to the back row and took a seat.

Thursdays in Blossom high was society day. There were usually so many activities which i partook of. Need to say i always came out the winner? but today seems different, there were some men and women in suit on the high table, they had malt and table waters in front of them. The teachers were also looking extra smart. The vice principal was on a bright peacock colour attire that hurt my eyes. What was going on?

" Settle down! Every one should settle down" the vice principal said into the mic in his hand. I don't know why he was made the VP anyway. His Yoruba accent was thicker than ogbono soup.

" Stand up for the national anthem"

We all stood up and recited the anthem and plegde to our motherland.

" Today is a special day for us and we have special people in our mist today." He cleared his throat and coughed loudly with his mouth open. His left hand idly twiddle his beard. His beady eyes roamed over every faces in the hall.

" Brilliant Minds is an NGO that is focused on helping schools and also brilliant students. Give a round of applause for Mr Aregbe, the CEO and founder of Brilliant Minds as he comes to give us a speech."

The man in a sleek suit walked to the podium and gave a long gibberish speech. My ears caught the words " Overall best student" and " Scholarship " and the most important of all " Abroad " My mind was reeling, i was so happy. Everyone knew i was the most brilliant girl in the school.

" The lucky student will be given a full schorlaship to study abroad."

The hall was so silent now. All eyes were on the man standing on the podium. The VP took the mike from him when he was done and a round of applause resounded in the hall without anyone prompting us to do so.

My class teacher walked to me and asked me to step out of the hall with him. I liked him, he was a good teacher but a hungry one.

" Why are you looking so dirty and rough?! how do we introduce a dirty looking rat to the NGO!"

Why didn't they inform us or even give us a hint the day before so i would be prepared! my once upon a time white sock is now the color of a brown mud. I wore the front all through last week, this week i turned out the inside and wore it. It wasn't as bad as Mr Kamal was making it out. Don't mind him.

" I look okay sir"

" No you don't look okay! your hair is rough! your uniform has spots in it and it is rumpled! your socks are......you look like you just crawled out of a sockaway!"

This people knew that i was always like this! why is the devil trying to use them now? why didn't they tell me ahead of time.

" Sir.....why didn't you tell me yesterday"

His eyes almost popped out of his socket." My friend who are you! go! go! go back to your seat!" he walked away from me muttering under his breath.

I remembered my mother screaming at me the previous day to wash my uniform. I was glued to the black and white TV set watching my favorite Mexican series on AIT. How is it my fault that i was born to be lazy? did God not create us in his image?

I walked back into the hall and took my seat.

" Oyinyechi Okafor" the VP shouted.

What was going on? She was the albino girl in my class. She used to be my seat mate but i changed seat because of the rate at which she carries expo during exams. This girl can even write expo on her eyelids if possible. The only thing likeable about her is her tidiness. She even brings an extra socks to school which she wears when we close from school. The gators in her uniform could be related to a sonnet. 14 lines no doubt. Why was the VP calling her instead of me? I sat upright, my palms were sweaty already. I must not miss this golden chance.

" I present to you our most brilliant student, Oyinyechi Okafor"

The hall went silent and all eyes on me. I felt my face heat up gradually as tears stung my eyes. What has dirtiness got to do with intellect? this must be the devil' s handiwork o. The treacherous students started clapping after being prodded to do so. How could i lose this golden opportunity to an albino and one who even carries expos! I ran out of the hall and almost collided with our Yoruba teacher.

" Ekun ki ni lo wa sun? Shior!" ( Why are you shedding tears) when i was told you to always be looking good did you hear me. Shey oti ja lo ju e bayi......e don clear for your eyes now?"

I continued crying. What is this one saying? is that what this bleached out pig should be saying now?

" Opolo ( brain) is not by book alone but by all things! See nau Na omo ibo afin ( Albino) will collect the scholarship. Shior! '' she walked into the hall and left me standing there drowning in my tears.

The previous night flashed before my eyes, at 8.30 pm my mother suddenly remembered that she has not seen my school uniform hanging on the rope outside.

" Tomi have you washed your uniform? "

Diego was leaning close to Paloma on the TV screen. And this woman was talking about uniform! I was the inventor of ' wash and wear' So no shaking.

" Iwo ko mo n ba so ro ni? ( Are you not the one i am talking to?) My mother shouted.

Paloma was passionately returning Diego' s kiss now. Oh that kiss!

" I will wash it mummy"

" OK o. Motigbo"

I knew she also enjoyed the Mexican love series but she will be forming like i was the only one not doing what she was supposed to do. 8.30 pm and dinner is not even on the cooker yet. Wait till daddy comes back, that is when you will hear your own.

After When you are mine, Gardener' s daughter came on. My mother and i both rushed into the kitchen when we heard dadddy' s car drove in. Like mother like daughter abi?

When dinner was served it was after 10pm. Daddy fumed and kept muttering under his breath. Immediately after dinner i rushed into my room but i couldn't find my socks. I checked my school bag, my mountain of dirty clothes in a corner of the room, inside my bathroom, behind the toilet. I finally found it by 10.56 pm, it was under my bed! it was there the whole time! I picked my uniform and socks as the wall clock in my room read 11pm. Ehen no lele, no be today i thought. I will quickly wash it and dry it on the standing fan in my room. Guess what happened as i stepped into my bathroom?

You guessed right.

The light went off.

" Do i blame Nigerian government? or myself?" I said out loud.

I ran into an empty class room and sobbed my heart out. This is so unfair! i was cheated out of my right.....i was the most brilliant student. I won several competitions for my school in the past. My school was the number one in our district because of my brilliant performance in national quizzes and competitions. The new library in Blossom high was built by a Christian NGO because of a brilliant story i wrote. If my look wasn't a problem in the past, why now? the heart of man is truly wicked.

Prologue closed.

TBC

...The gators creases in her
uniform could be related to a sonnet...

correct this please, it is a bad English nothing like gator but crease.

...nice prologue though.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
castrol180:

...The gators creases in her
uniform could be related to a sonnet...

correct this please, it is a bad English nothing like gator but crease.

...nice prologue though.

I can't modify because it has already gotten to front page.

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by mercyymai(f): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2017
Wow!!!!! Can't I imagine I missed dz thread snc 2016. Thk God for Bibi's wedding, I won't have notice.

In fact I dont know the right word to describe this wonderful and beautiful story.

Bibi, u are just too good. May God bless the work of ur hand. I love ur work sincerely. happy married life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by itsandi(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
Interesting story smiley Enjoy cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Dhavido(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Beautiful and suspense filled story.
Thank God for your wedding otherwise I wouldn’t have seen the story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Awesomemama: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2017
Just finished reading the story
I love love it
Happy married life dear
God bless your union kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Phunkyposh(f): 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
Whew phew.!!!!!!!
The first story I completed on Nairaland.
I love you bibijay123....I'm going to check on your other stories.
You're so copacetic .
I love the twists.. Every chapter suspense kept me looking forward .
Wishing you a blissful home.

God bless you richly always. grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Phunkyposh:
Whew phew.!!!!!!!
The first story I completed on Nairaland.
I love you bibijay123....I'm going to check on your other stories.
You're so copacetic .
I love the twists.. Every chapter suspense kept me looking forward .
Wishing you a blissful home.

God bless you richly always. grin grin

Lol I feel so honored cheesy cheesy Thank you! I am glad you liked the story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
Dhavido:
Beautiful and suspense filled story.
Thank God for your wedding otherwise I wouldn’t have seen the story

Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
Awesomemama:
Just finished reading the story
I love love it
Happy married life dear
God bless your union kiss

Thank you. Amen to your prayers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
mercyymai:
Wow!!!!! Can't I imagine I missed dz thread snc 2016. Thk God for Bibi's wedding, I won't have notice.

In fact I dont know the right word to describe this wonderful and beautiful story.

Bibi, u are just too good. May God bless the work of ur hand. I love ur work sincerely. happy married life.

Awww thank you so much dear kiss kiss I feel so honored kiss thank you for making out the time to read the story. May God bless you too!

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by skubido(m): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2018
Wow. Nice story.. Jah bless ya hand work.
I pray God will bless ur home with wht money can buy nd can't buy IJN.

Remain Bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bibijay123, God bless you. You're a skilled writer, damn! I started reading around 4pm and I just finished at 9:40. Thanks for sharing this nice piece, it made my evening. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pinkberry5:
Bibijay123, God bless you. You're a skilled writer, damn! I started reading around 4pm and I just finished at 9:40. Thanks for sharing this nice piece, it made my evening. kiss

Aww I am happy I made your evening. kiss kiss thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by RoyalBlak007: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
bibijay123:

Aww I am happy I made your evening. kiss kiss thanks.
shocked wink
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Schlastica16(f): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
WOW WOW WOW you are so good in what u do, i cant believe i'm glued to my phone all day. God bless u ma'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Obioramichael(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
Wow!
What a mind blowing novel... U must confess you are exceptional.. Bibija123 keep it up.. Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 1:36am On Mar 18, 2021
Obioramichael:
Wow!
What a mind blowing novel... U must confess you are exceptional.. Bibija123 keep it up.. Oil dey your head

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2021
bibijay123:

Thank you
Bibi! Where have you been? I hope you're doing fine?
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2021
veekid:
Bibi! Where have you been? I hope you're doing fine?

Yes I am fine cheesy, how are you?

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
bibijay123:

Yes I am fine cheesy, how are you?
I'm good! Long time

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
My Instagram @ bibiegbekun

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ShaqFu: 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
bibijay123:
My Instagram @ bibiegbekun
How are you doing? smiley
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
ShaqFu:
How are you doing? smiley

I am good, how are you?

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ShaqFu: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
bibijay123:

I am good, how are you?
I'm okay. Been a while.

Keep it real, Bibi.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
ShaqFu:
I'm okay. Been a while.

Keep it real, Bibi.
Yes, it's been a while but I am back now grin

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ShaqFu: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
bibijay123:

Yes, it's been a while but I am back now grin
Nice to know. Read you have a daughter now. Wow. How's the man doing?
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
ShaqFu:
Nice to know. Read you have a daughter now. Wow. How's the man doing?

Yes, she's a little cutie. He's fine, thanks kiss

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by ShaqFu: 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
bibijay123:

Yes, she's a little cutie. He's fine, thanks kiss
You're always welcome Bibi, cheers. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.