Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Closed - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (79947 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2017
flyboi1:
hi Gazzuz, thanks for the amazing work.

please my ac only cools when the accelerator is depressed. but when idle or in traffic, it doesnt really cool. please what can be the problem.

possibly low on gas, low compression from the compressor, or a system that is blocked.

In most cases it's just a faulty compressor
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Blinking is an error signal, it could mean low compression from the compressor, lack of torque from engine, faulty pressure switch...... and so on. do not connect any funny wires, take vehicle to a technician that can explain what the blink is.
Experienced the same problem yesterday. Ac tech said my compressor has failed. Is he right??
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01am On Feb 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Blinking is an error signal, it could mean low compression from the compressor, lack of torque from engine, faulty pressure switch...... and so on. do not connect any funny wires, take vehicle to a technician that can explain what the blink is.
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 7:02am On Feb 17, 2017
Morning Op, thanks for this cool thread.

I have a toyota camry. The A/C has been good until recently. Once I put on the A/C through the knob, the A/C button comes on with a green light and starts working, but sooner, the green light starts blinking and the compressor cuts off. I have been advised to run the wire to the Knob or change the A/C button totally. Please advise. Many thanks.

Experienced the same problem yesterday. Ac tech said my compressor has failed. Is he right??
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Feb 17, 2017
stanlotion:

I have a toyota camry. The A/C has been good until recently. Once I put on the A/C through the knob, the A/C button comes on with a green light and starts working, but sooner, the green light starts blinking and the compressor cuts off. I have been advised to run the wire to the Knob or change the A/C button totally. Please advise. Many thanks.

Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=53786579][/quote]
Thanks oga. Please what could cause lack of torque from engine? Could it be that the compressor has failed according to the the Ac tech?? Tried the Ac this morning, it picked for a few seconds and there was a kind of hissing noice from the engine or compressor. Then the Ac knob light started blinking again bringing down the rpm that forced me to switch the Ac off.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2017
what year is your toyota camry?
Re: Closed by austin4real(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2017
Hello Mr gazzuzz, in respect to my previous post concerning a nissan primera which I was advised to change the compressor and the reciever drier, the technician finally changed those components, and the AC system became fully functional, however I noticed the ac hose freezes up upon use, I mean the pipes turn to ice block, is it a normal thing?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2017
austin4real:
Hello Mr gazzuzz, in respect to my previous post concerning a nissan primera which I was advised to change the compressor and the reciever drier, the technician finally changed those components, and the AC system became fully functional, however I noticed the ac hose freezes up upon use, I mean the pipes turn to ice block, is it a normal thing?

not normal possibly an expansion valve issue.
Re: Closed by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2017
what are the symptoms for a dirty condenser?
my AC cools well but sometimes it may.blow for a min or 3 without blowing very cool and returns to its cool standard AC tech said might be the drier,but I'm suspecting a dirty condenser
Re: Closed by adanny01(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2017
austin4real:

The suction (Low pressure) pipes should be very cold while the discharge (high pressure) pipes should be hot. So i guess your syste is working well.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:15am On Feb 17, 2017
austin4real:

Pipes icing up is not normal.
Re: Closed by adanny01(m): 10:39am On Feb 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Am sure he just exaggerated as getting ice blocks may damage the compressor or block the lines entirely. This mostly happens when there is air in the system and cannot be seen so he couldn't have seen or felt it. The suction pipe would feel like touching an ice block which i deduce as what he meant. Also the heat from the engine bay would stop frost from forming externally just as it is visible with home split AC suction pipes.
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
what year is your toyota camry?

It's a 1999 camry
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Feb 18, 2017
stanlotion:

Thanks oga. Please what could cause lack of torque from engine? Could it be that the compressor has failed according to the the Ac tech?? Tried the Ac this morning, it picked for a few seconds and there was a kind of hissing noice from the engine or compressor. Then the Ac knob light started blinking again bringing down the rpm that forced me to switch the Ac off.

seems ur compressor is frozen stiff or tthe pressure relief valve on the compressor is doing its job due to a blockage
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

seems ur compressor is frozen stiff or tthe pressure relief valve on the compressor is doing its job due to a blockage

So what could one do in that situation? Ac tech is suggesting I buy a new compressor. Thanks for keeping the tread going. I appreciate your prompt responses.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
stanlotion:

So what could one do in that situation? Ac tech is suggesting I buy a new compressor. Thanks for keeping the tread going. I appreciate your prompt responses.

GAZZUZZ:

To answer your question properly I would need to understand what is actually happening

Is the compressor frozen stiff?

If it is a replacement is unavoidable.

But if the system is blocked you will have to identify the cause of the blockage.

The usual culprits are the condenser/dryer

And expansion valve
Re: Closed by 3kay945(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
Sir gurus, can you please explain this ? Anytime I switch on my rav4 2002 A.c the engine starts shaking and the speed of the vehicle will be reduced (having difficulty moving). The shake can also be felt from inside the vehicle.
Apart from this, the A.c chill very well.
Thanks
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

To answer your question properly I would need to understand what is actually happening

Is the compressor frozen stiff?

If it is a replacement is unavoidable.

But if the system is blocked you will have to identify the cause of the blockage.

The usual culprits are the condenser/dryer

And expansion valve
Compressor is not frozen. Though the Ac tech also added I change the condenser and dryer.
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
3kay945:
Sir gurus, can you please explain this ? Anytime I switch on my rav4 2002 A.c the engine starts shaking and the speed of the vehicle will be reduced (having difficulty moving). The shake can also be felt from inside the vehicle.
Thanks

same issues with mine
Re: Closed by 3kay945(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2017
emmaak2:

same issues with mine
Have you solve it?
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 10:01am On Feb 19, 2017
3kay945:
Have you solve it?
i travelled when am bk , i will look into it
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 10:01am On Feb 19, 2017
3kay945:
Have you solve it?
i travelled when am bk , i will look into it
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2017
3kay945:
Thanks

emmaak2:

same issues with mine

In 99per of cases, vehicle is running a 2az-fe engine ecu without support for the airconditioning. Instead of the stock 1az-fe ecu. It's a hard trade off considering the 1az-fe causes Transmission issues. And a brand new replacement ecu is over 120k.
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

In 99per of cases, vehicle is running a 2az-fe engine ecu without support for the airconditioning. Instead of the stock 1az-fe ecu. It's a hard trade off considering the 1az-fe causes Transmission issues. And a brand new replacement ecu is over 120k.

mine is 2001 toyota camry
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2017
emmaak2:

mine is 2001 toyota camry

Clean throttle body and IACV
Re: Closed by mosbus: 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You right Isn't normal the system needs to be vacuum,there is excess of air inside the system,
So pls look for a technician that has vacuum machine before you damage your compressor.fill free to call me for any more questions 08026941215
Re: Closed by mosbus: 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
stanlotion:

I have a toyota camry. The A/C has been good until recently. Once I put on the A/C through the knob, the A/C button comes on with a green light and starts working, but sooner, the green light starts blinking and the compressor cuts off. I have been advised to run the wire to the Knob or change the A/C button totally. Please advise.

your compressor is very good,the sensor that senses torque from your compressor is faulty,the sensor is located under your compressor.fill free to call me is you can't locate it 08026941215
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
mosbus:
your compressor is very good,the sensor that senses torque from your compressor is faulty,the sensor is located under your compressor.fill free to call me is you can't locate it 08026941215

Will take it back to the the Ac tech and see if he can locate it. Thanks
Re: Closed by 3kay945(m): 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Am a novice here, but let me add this. If the engine is high from the bonnet to 1.5 ( x1000 RPM) , the shaking will reduced greatly.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
3kay945:

Am a novice here, but let me add this. If the engine is high from the bonnet to 1.5 ( x1000 RPM) , the shaking will reduced greatly.

thereby damaging transmission, engine mounts, decreasing MPG, causing overheating.......

It's good you confessed to the highlighted wink
Re: Closed by 3kay945(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

thereby damaging transmission, engine mounts, decreasing MPG, causing overheating.......

It's good you confessed to the highlighted wink

Bros, as have said earlier, am a novice. The car in matter is my first car so I don't fully comprehend your above highlighted well. cool I bought the vehicle recently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic / A Car Parked On A Fence In Benin City (pictures). / Innoson Replies @chaniee_bob, Lady Who Made Designs With Farouq's New Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.