Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,337 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Closed - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (79937 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
danberg:
Thanks for the good work you're doing here OP. I drive a good ol' Camry v6 (orobo) and recently changed the dryer and compressor after refilling and it wasn't working (not been used in ages). Well, it's working now trouble is, it only chills in cool weather. When its hot weather, it simply blows slightly cool air. The cool/warm control knob is stuck and won't budge(don't know if it's the problem)

I have used the services of 3 different A/C techs and their verdicts were the same: No problems with your A/C.

However, you'll need a hand fan if you use it in hot weather.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance

it's easy to diagnose with the right equipment.

When you plug in gauges with the a.c turned on and engine on idle what are the high and low values? What is the cabin temp after 15mins of running the a.c?

Problem is most technicians do not use gauges.

Modified: place your hand on the pipe used to refill, is it ice cold when the a.c is on on a hot afternoon?
Re: Closed by adanny01(m): 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

When you plug in gauges with the a.c turned on and engine on idle what are the high and low values? What is the cabin temp after 15mins of running the a.c?

Even when they do, am not sure they know exactly what to expect.

1 Like

Re: Closed by danberg: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Modified: place your hand on the pipe used to refill, is it ice cold when the a.c is on on a hot afternoon?

Thanks for your prompt response Chief. I'll work on this and feed you back. Great day!
Re: Closed by olutsen: 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello house,

Please I need to know what is the cost to repair my Benz c240 2003 AC which is not working at all. and someone also advised that its better to use a Peugeot AC which would not give me issues again.

Thank you.
Re: Closed by Clairvoyant(m): 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
can an AC compressor be leaking compressor oil, if yes, what's the solution...
Re: Closed by adanny01(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Clairvoyant:
can an AC compressor be leaking compressor oil, if yes, what's the solution...

Yes of course, that will be a major leak especially when it happens during ac operation.

It has happened to me when a bolt fell from a car ahead of me that stroke the ac condenser. The big hole it left released all gas in a few minutes with some oil. The lost oil should not be in such quantity the would have major effects on the system after repair but its advisable to a just a little to replace.
Re: Closed by ozone0801(m): 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good day gazzuz.
Would you advise me to install AC components in my BMW e36 m40 engine. It is non AC from the manufacturer. My Mech discouraged me with the excuse that such would kill the engine in no time since that's not its stock condition.
Lastly, how much will it cost if you'd give a green.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2016
ozone0801:
Good day gazzuz.
Would you advise me to install AC components in my BMW e36 m40 engine. It is non AC from the manufacturer. My Mech discouraged me with the excuse that such would kill the engine in no time since that's not its stock condition.
Lastly, how much will it cost if you'd give a green.

Sorry I do not Do BMW
Re: Closed by YoungDaddyB: 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good day man, been deliberating on getting the 04 crv manual transmission but there are a lot of reports on AC problems (black death) / compressor failure on these models.
My questions are
1) Is it worth the risk of buying the car despite the multiple AC failures report
2) If AC is repaired fully, how long should I expect the AC on the CRV to last before another compressor repair
3) What is the total cost of repair
4) Can the compressor failure be prevented.
Thanks very much
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
YoungDaddyB:
Good day man, been deliberating on getting the 04 crv manual transmission but there are a lot of reports on AC problems (black death) / compressor failure on these models.
My questions are
1) Is it worth the risk of buying the car despite the multiple AC failures report
2) If AC is repaired fully, how long should I expect the AC on the CRV to last before another compressor repair
3) What is the total cost of repair
4) Can the compressor failure be prevented.
Thanks very much

You are the 2nd person asking about failure rate/prevention on the 02-06 crv. Personally iv got 6clients with same vehicle and have had very minor issues with their a.c systems

2 Likes

Re: Closed by YoungDaddyB: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

You are the 2nd person asking about failure rate/prevention on the 02-06 crv. Personally iv got 6clients with same vehicle and have had very minor issues with their a.c systems

Thank you very much.
Re: Closed by elewedu(m): 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
I am an advocate of professionalism in every of our dealings, and that is why I come here tonight to appreciate one of our own who has taken his craft to the very high level of professionalism. I have been to Gazzuzz garage twice, once for overheating issue and then for ac repairs. To say gazzuzz is a thorough bred professional is underestimating the value I got dealing with him. Gazuzz raises the bar...I went to gazuzz for ac repair, I got that and more. He went the extramile to tune up my engine. I got my car washed, my engined washed and resprayed, that is what I call customer service per excellence. I usually take my time before going to gazuzz workshop because he would never cut corners to give u the best, hence u will be made to use the best available part at a cost, but is the cost incurred worth it..yes it is more than worth it, afterall whatever has value should be paid for. Meanwhile I want to use this opportunity to solicit for our home grown engineers, lets help them by paying the true value of their effort, they also have bills to pay. Thanks gazuzz..I am the pontiac guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed by auntysimbiat(f): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Sell or Buy Used or damaged devices on [url=http://][/url]

[url=http://][img]http:///oc-content/uploads/logo.png[/img][/url]
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2016
auntysimbiat:
Buy n sell scrap on http://

Used or damaged devices... Sell them now on [url=http://][/url]

[img]http:///oc-content/uploads/logo.png[/img]

Please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned

did you read the thread title?
Re: Closed by akanniade10(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pls what's the effect of a wet cabin filter on the ventilation system..... Drove thru a massive flood. Car is a Camry, '11 model.

Any idea how much it costs if it needs to be replaced.
Re: Closed by davou4eva(m): 11:39am On Nov 01, 2016
Hello Gazzuz, i think my AC compressor is leaking as i could see some kind of oil stuff on the compressor and the AC is not cold like it should, meanwhile, i just refill the gas. What's the way forward.
Re: Closed by Clairvoyant(m): 11:58am On Nov 01, 2016
fabiomatic:
tell him to check or refill your compressor oil. The gas is not leaking but drying up due to low or no oil in the compressor
I had another AC tech check on it, and he told me the leak is from my compressor shaft or rim.. he advice I buy another compressor that working on the compressor may not guarantee effective cooling...
is this true, can the compressor leak refrigerant?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
davou4eva:
Hello Gazzuz, i think my AC compressor is leaking as i could see some kind of oil stuff on the compressor and the AC is not cold like it should, meanwhile, i just refill the gas. What's the way forward.

Take a pic of the exact source of leak and post here. What type of vehicle is it?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Clairvoyant:

I had another AC tech check on it, and he told me the leak is from my compressor shaft or rim.. he advice I buy another compressor that working on the compressor may not guarantee effective cooling...

Yes it can. What vehicle do you need this compressor for? I stock compressors.
Re: Closed by Clairvoyant(m): 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Yes it can. What vehicle do you need this compressor for? I stock compressors.

honda CRV
Re: Closed by akanniade10(m): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
akanniade10:
Pls what's the effect of a wet cabin filter on the ventilation system..... Drove thru a massive flood. Car is a Camry, '11 model.

Any idea how much it costs if it needs to be replaced.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
Clairvoyant:

honda CRV

What year?
Re: Closed by fabiomatic(m): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Clairvoyant:

yes according reports from experts.
Re: Closed by SonofHim: 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
Thanks for providing this forum. I notice that whenever I use ac especially on a long distance journey say Edo to Delta state or farther, my car overheats. I ve had to stop to top up water in the radiator. I no longer use ac on such journeys. Without ac the car is fine and the temperature indicator remains at the halfway mark. I was was told by my mechanic to change my radiator to a two-cell radiator (my car currently has a one-cell radiator). Do you think that would solve the problem and what are the other possibilities?
My car is a 2001 Toyota highlander.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2016
SonofHim:
Thanks for providing this forum. I notice that whenever I use ac especially on a long distance journey say Edo to Delta state or farther, my car overheats. I ve had to stop to top up water in the radiator. I no longer use ac on such journeys. Without ac the car is fine and the temperature indicator remains at the halfway mark. I was was told by my mechanic to change my radiator to a two-cell radiator (my car currently has a one-cell radiator). Do you think that would solve the problem and what are the other possibilities?
My car is a 2001 Toyota highlander.

if all fans are ok, water pump and radiator are likely culprits
Re: Closed by SonofHim: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

if all fans are ok, water pump and radiator are likely culprits

Thanks so much. I've learnt a lot from this forum.
Re: Closed by Macmilla(m): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
ironheart:
thanks i am learning. I am trying to bring the car back to its original wiring connection after our Nigerian mechanics have done injustice to it. Imagine the ac condenser fan and the coolant fan has both been cut and connected directly. I traced their connection under the fuse box
The worst thing that will happen to any car is a Nigerian mechanic. All they care about is for d car to move from point A to point B. Even if it catches fire along d way, it doesn't matter to them. They can remove the engine and tell u it's better to just be pushing d car by urself.

1 Like

Re: Closed by Macmilla(m): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

cheapest refrigerant in the market is 500per can, harp is about 3500per can. What do you think?
Chooooooi! shocked
Imagine putting dt in a leaking AC. undecided
Re: Closed by Macmilla(m): 12:14am On Nov 06, 2016
My car is an EOD v6
When I put on d AC when car is idling, it only blows slightly cool air, but never chills. But once I accelerate or just rev d car, within seconds, I feel a gush of cold air. It cools quite well as long as engine revolution is high. It stops cooling immediate I step off the throttle.
My idle rpm goes as low as 500rpm sometimes irrespective of whether AC is on or off.
They say my compressor is bad, but I'm worried about d low rpm.
Plz advice.
Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 5:10am On Nov 06, 2016
Macmilla:

The worst thing that will happen to any car is a Nigerian mechanic. All they care about is for d car to move from point A to point B. Even if it catches fire along d way, it doesn't matter to them. They can remove the engine and tell u it's better to just be pushing d car by urself.
very true. Fan connected to the ignition. I opened the fuse box yesterday, you need to see the cut and join connection made under there. I tried scanning thr car, it refused. Now i am doing wire trace
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Macmilla:
My car is an EOD v6
When I put on d AC when car is idling, it only blows slightly cool air, but never chills. But once I accelerate or just rev d car, within seconds, I feel a gush of cold air. It cools quite well as long as engine revolution is high. It stops cooling immediate I step off the throttle.
My idle rpm goes as low as 500rpm sometimes irrespective of whether AC is on or off.
They say my compressor is bad, but I'm worried about d low rpm.
Plz advice.

failing compressor.
Re: Closed by naturalmikky(m): 8:19am On Nov 06, 2016
Hello House!, I use a toyota 1998 orobo and filled the gas 3 days ago. I realise that my car does overheating when I drive on a small distance. My radiator water finishes quickly. Please what do I do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic / A Car Parked On A Fence In Benin City (pictures). / Innoson Replies @chaniee_bob, Lady Who Made Designs With Farouq's New Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.