Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,175 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Respect Your Time Zone! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Respect Your Time Zone! (648 Views)

A Poor Man Does Not Deserve Any Single Respect'' - Nigeria Lady / 14 Interesting Things You Must Spend Your Time Doing In Life / The Time-zone Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect Your Time Zone! by Capableben(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
I am not sure if this is the right section to post this tho.

I was chatting with a "sister" a few days ago on whatsapp. I forwarded a congratulatory message to her on successful completion of her sophomore level in university. Of course, I was expecting a "thank you" or any form of appreciation but I was shocked by her reaction, to say the least.

She started lamenting, "ahh, what's that? Most of my mates are graduates now and happily married. Some own cars and houses already....." She kept lamenting endlessly, I decided to cut in when I had enough of the balderdash she was spewing, "...and do you know that your mates are in graves too?"

She didn't reply again, obviously speechless..

Yes! Its a fact that life can be unfair atimes, especially in this clime of ours where things are hardly progressive but we must keep *holding on* and try as much as possible to stop drawing unnecessary comparisons.

Be Calm! Your Time Will Come. Kenya is 2 hours ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their respective "Time Zones."

Many are still single; Some got married and 'waited'
10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a
baby within a year of marriage.
Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years
before securing a good job; and there is another who
graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !
Someone becomes a CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another becames a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.

Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone', People can have things worked out only according to their pace.
Work in your “time zone”.
Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to have gone ahead of you in life and probably some might "seem" to be behind you.

Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.'
You are in yours.
Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
Always try as much as possible to RESPECT YOUR TIME ZONE.

Source: http://ogabenji..com.ng/2016/08/respect-your-time-zone.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by Capableben(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
I really don't wanna be FTC here.
Fynestboi, show me some love.
Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by sinaj(f): 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
This is what happens when you keep comparing yourself to other people or wish to be another person.

Low self esteem at its peak!

No matter what, be contented with what you have nd don't stop working to improve yourself.
Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by Capableben(m): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
sinaj:
This is what happens when you keep comparing yourself to other people or wish to be another person.

Low self esteem at its peak!

No matter what, be contented with what you have nd don't stop working to improve yourself.
This summarizes my whole point. Nice one Sinaj.

fynestboi, don't you think this is FP worthy?

1 Like

Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by babyfaceafrica: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Namaste!!!
Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by Capableben(m): 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Namaste!!!
lol, what does that mean
Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by babyfaceafrica: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
Capableben:
lol, what does that mean
I bow to the divine in you...its Hindu
Re: Respect Your Time Zone! by Capableben(m): 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I bow to the divine in you...its Hindu
ooh... I see.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Things Nigerian Undergraduates Should Do When On Vacation. / How To See Every Google Search You Have EVER Made / Reasons For Studying At Webster University USA, Ghana Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.