Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? (5834 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
i heard this guy on the radio saying that he doesn't want his girlfriend (who he's been dating for just 2 weeks) to wear sexy clothes outside or go to clubs anymore. (even though he met her in a club!)dozens of women and some men called the radio station saying the guy is being stupid, overprotective, and jealous.

but, i've seen ladies LET THEMSELVES GO after they catch a BF (not a husband, just BF). why
i mean, if she was wearing sexy clothes when you met her, should she stop looking good just becuz she now has a bf?

guys, what do you think? ladies welcome too  cool
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2009
Depends on your definition of sexy, there's 'trashy' sexy, then there's 'sophisticated' sexy.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 7:54pm On Sep 30, 2009
ok, sophistated sexy. what do u think?
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2009
Well, if she isn't dressing inapropriately I guess I see no harm done, he can't just tell her what and what not to wear (2 weeks mate?).
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2009
hmmm, he's not her father and she's above 18. It's not his place to tell her how to dress, but if he's uncomfortable with how she dresses he can lay his cards down for the chick to know.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2009
it seems like guys can't stand the idea of their GF showing even her legs in public, esp. if she has nice legs. but she was exposing legs b4 the relationship.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2009
2weeks Are you kidding me? The idiot hasnt even put a ring on it yet. A bf will not dictate how I dress.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Delivar(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2009
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

2weeks Are you kidding me? The idiot hasnt even put a ring on it yet. A bf will not dictate how I dress.
Hey sweetie, i think it tells no good of you as you use the term ''idiot'' for people, even when you 've not met with the person before. . . no matter what.

@ Topic,
It depends, the guy could just be a heaven sent.
Dont judge the book by its cover.
Dalu. smiley

1 Like

Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2009
Delivar:

heey!! If my GF is so bootylicious, I would encourage her to dress nasty sexy so I can have something to boost about in the midst of my guys. yeah baby!!! make me proud.

Are you okay undecided
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by oge4real(f): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2009
There is no way I will let a 2 week old bf dictate my dresscode.!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2009
I'll look good till I die. cool cool cool
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
Igwe.:

Hey sweetie, i think it tells no good of you as you use the term ''idiot'' for people, even when you 've not met with the person before. . . no matter what.

Dalu. smiley

He is obviously one if he chooses to start controlling the girls life after 2weeks. God help his wife lipsrsealed cry
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 12:26am On Oct 01, 2009
oh my ! you'r still on it, c'mon girl, Checked out your profy for the ebony eyes but non was found,lol
@ post, it's not a function of time here,  but the advice, is it ok? else whats the big deal. . . Afterall, one can marry someone straight up without bf/gf, dating or what have you.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 1:25am On Oct 01, 2009
quote by igwe:
« #8 on: Today at 02:56:27 PM »

@ Topic,
It depends, the guy could just be a heaven sent.
Dont judge the book by its cover.
Dalu. Smiley

so the guy sent by heaven can dictate his GFs attire?
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by CrazyMan(m): 2:12am On Oct 01, 2009
I would definately monitor the way my girl dresses; because I can't picture myself going out with a girl that dresses like a LovePeddler. She definately has to put on something decent or I'm out.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2009
africhika:

so the guy sent by heaven can dictate his GFs attire?
Before nko, some girls are damn too impossible, for me, two wks is even too much.
one can correct someone that is not his gf let alone alone someone you have feelings for.

If she's in love, i bet you, she won't hesitate at all.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2009
Bwahahahahaha tell me how to dress? grin grin grin Pesin nefa jam rock grin

It's all about understanding and trust i would say and the kind of woman she is. I know guys who let their gfs go to the club looking all sexy or trashy coz they know who they've got and maybe to tease other guys that they can't have her cheesy
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
   quote by Crazyman:
« #15 on: Yesterday at 08:12:10 PM »

I would definately monitor the way my girl dresses; because I can't picture myself going out with a girl that dresses like a LovePeddler. She definately has to put on something decent or I'm out.

crazyman, u don't understand the q.  here's what i'm saying, if she was dressing sexy when u met her and u liked it, why should she have to change now that she is ur gf??
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by HohDee(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2009
wut make sum guys do stuff like tht is due to their insecurity.
thinkin to emselves other guys is gonna b hittin on his gf,cuz she
dress in sum ways, bt i feel sorry 4 da dude u use as an examp
2week relationship & he's already threatened.lol(thts pathetic),
personally, i dnt really giv a F,cuz gurls lik tht rily boost ma EGO.
bt i can tell a GF wut to put on,whenever i ga a special date..ladies luv it @ time wen u do dis, abi i lie?)
they can count on me fashion wise,
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
c'mon people, it takes only a second for a change to occur, there's nothing like insecurity. you can't trade decency with self assurance.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by posakosa(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
If he can't buy her clothes, he shouldn't complain about what she wears!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by HohDee(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2009
Igwe.:

c'mon people, it takes only a second for a change to occur, there's nothing like insecurity. you can't trade decency with self assurance.
c'mmn dog, i get yo point.bt most time(99%) of young guys who do dis
is bcuz of 1 thang & its INSECURITY,
& i fink da guy Africhika is talkin abt here is an AKATA guy,
Nw tell me wut AFRICA AMERICAN knw abt decency?

& wen we luk @ it in 9ja/Afriko way,as u said decency, y shud u.i say again
Y shud u b hittin on a gurl @ a club when u nid a decent lady(y nat go vigil on friday nite,instead  of takin ya stanky leg to a club),
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2009
posakosa:

If he can't buy her clothes, he shouldn't complain about what she wears!
This reminds me  about a friend of mine that gave his gf  some money to change her wardrobe as he wasn't comfortable with the mode of her dressing.
That definitely should follow suit.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
quote by Hoh-Dee:
« #22 on: Today at 08:57:15 AM »

i say again
Y shud u b hittin on a gurls @ a club when u nid a decent lady(y nat go vigil on friday nite,instead of takin ya stanky leg to a club),

true talk.

and yes, it was akata guy who called in radio station
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2009
Hoh-Dee:

c'mmn dog, i get yo point.bt most time(99%) of young guys who do dis
is bcuz of 1 thang & its INSECURITY,
& i fink da guy Africhika is talkin abt here is an AKATA guy,
Nw tell me wut AFRICA AMERICAN knw abt decency?

& wen we luk @ it in 9ja/Afriko way,as u said decency, y shud u.i say again
Y shud u b hittin on a gurls @ a club when u nid a decent lady(y nat go vigil, on friday nite),

Still did not understand why you'd be answering dog,  Where and how you found your spouse is not my business, I still belief that when the time comes, all fowls shall find their way to their owners, no matter how stubborn they are. smiley
I'm outta here.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2009
Igwe.:

Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
iice:

Don't huh me, you heard me right, if i like you kiss and asked for some undesirable qualities in you be changed as you would have done if you were in my shoes, and you argued about it, Nne, i'm out.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by yme1(f): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
tell me how to dress ko, tell me how to dress ni cheesy

it all depends on trust tho undecided
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by CrazyMan(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
@Africhika.
I won't approach a girl that dresses indecently so the issue of how she has been dressing before we met is totally out of the question.

The only reason that might just make me take my chances is if the girl is quite attractive and I just feel like succumbing to the temptations of the flesh; but trust me, that relationship would be nothing but a mere fling.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by HohDee(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
guess i mix a word in ma post earlier, used hittin on a gurls
instead ON A GURL, PARDON ME or u deal wit it(lol),

africhika:

true talk.

and yes, it was akata guy who called in radio station
Thxs dearest, ma post explain it all then(can make it any better), lol

Igwe.:

Still did not understand why you'd be answering dog,  Where and how you found your spouse is not my business, I still belief that when the time comes, all fowls shall find their way to their owners, no matter how stubborn they are. smiley
I'm outta here.

lol.hey! Mr man, u jst gotta dil wit it tongue(dog)jst bin part of me, lol
understand sumthang tht a stubborn fowl can b kill by another
person, b4  avin da mind of goin back to d owner, lol
i hope u not tryna go 2 club & find a soul mate thinkin i can change her(lol) shockedask ppeo wey don try am
& u sound lik a pretty young man arnd late20s/30s grin--cuz u talk lik 1,
A man start talkin abt DECENCY wen ready to settle down, sum1
presentable to take to mama & papa, i can sense settling down in ya post, cheesy cheesy
Best of luck man, lol kiss kiss
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
y me:

tell me how to dress ko, tell me how to dress ni cheesy

it all depends on trust tho undecided

This topic is not meant for people like you, because why '' I trust u to the core'', lol

How body now?
kiss smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent / My Girlfriend And I... "=kindly Rate This Photo=" / Guys: Does Smoking Weed Before Sex Really Boost Your Energy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.