Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch (12393 Views)

Presidential & Governorship Aspirants Will Write Exam In 2019 - KOWA / Anambra State Governorship Aspirants 2017 (Photos) / PDP Governorship Aspirants In Anambra Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by yns4real: 1:00am On Aug 26, 2016
In a bid to win the forthcoming primary of the All Progressives Congress in Ondo State, investigation conducted by our correspondent revealed that some aspirants were wooing the 3,000 delegates that would vote in the APC primary with between N300,000 and N500, 000 each.

The primary was earlier scheduled to hold on Saturday (tomorrow) but it has been postponed till August 31, 2016.

The delegates would come from 203 wards across the 18 local government areas of the state.

No fewer than 25 aspirants will be contesting for the ticket of the party at the primary.

They include Dr. Tunji Abayomi, Mr. Bode Ayorinde, Dr. Segun Abraham, Chief Olusola Oke, Chief Bukola Adetula, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), Senator Tayo Alasoadura, Moyosola Niran-Oladunni, Senator Ajayi Boroffice and Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose.

According to a source close to some of the aspirants, each of the aspirants had already spent millions of naira to woo the delegates to their sides in preparation for the primary while another huge sum of money would be showered on each of the delegates during the primary.

The source said, “ There is going to be a naira rain on the day of the primary for the delegates because some of the aspirants were ready to woo each delegate with as much as N200,000 while an aspirant wants to spend between N400,000 and N500,000 on each of the delegates.

“For instance, the aspirant I am supporting has the budget of N1bn to spend for his delegates on that day, while some aspirants may spend more than that but I don’t know if the money will work in convincing the delegates.

“But if money will be the decider of who emerges the winner of the primary, that means many delegates will be millionaires after that day because they will collect money from more than one aspirant.”

One of the aspirants, Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose, while speaking with our correspondent on the telephone, condemned the act of using money to entice the delegates.

She said if money was used as the deciding factor for the primary, a good and credible candidate would not emerge as the standard bearer of the party in the governorship election.

Anifowose, the only female governorship aspirant and daughter of the first civilian governor of the state, the late Chief Adekunle Ajasin, urged fellow aspirants to allow the delegates make their choice among the aspirants.

Money politics, she said, should be discouraged as “it is an act of corruption.”

She said, “I too heard that our aspirants want to spend a lot of money for the delegates. I also learnt some have camped their delegates in hotels in Ibadan and Lagos, some for the past few months have been spending a lot of money on those that will vote on the day of the primary, they have forgotten that it is only God that can put a person in power.

“When you share money to buy delegates’ votes, is that not corruption? When you spend billions of naira on primary, how much will you spend on the real election? If you eventually win the election then the state would suffer for it. It is very unfortunate that this is happening in our party.”

In his reaction to the development, the Publicity Secretary of the APC in Ondo State, Mr. Abayomi Adesanya, said no delegate could be bought over on the day of the primary.

He said the delegates had their chosen aspirants already and no amount of money could be given to them to change their minds.

He said, “If some of the aspirants say it is money for money, I know our delegates are not money-conscious, I know our delegates have integrity and they know all the aspirants very well. They know who have been with them a very long time, they know who are with them at the formation of the APC, somebody cannot just come with his money and change their mind.

“If they say money for money, in Ondo State, our people have principle and nobody can buy them with money. Let them bring their money, our delegates will collect and still do what is in their mind. So, the person who share biggest amount of money may not win the election because our people know where they are coming from and they know who they will give their votes.”

Abayomi enjoined all the delegates to be wary of moneybag politicians who might want to buy their votes and after winning the primary, they would become bad product for the party to sell to the people of the state in the governorship election.

http://punchng.com/ondo-apc-gov-aspirants-woo-delegates-n-5m/

1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Tinubu want to use his godson to grab that oil producing state by hook or crook.

12 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by yarimo(m): 4:13am On Aug 26, 2016
The woman complaining that money should not be use Is she a Lerner?

3 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Babatundecash(m): 5:22am On Aug 26, 2016
The Apc leadership in ondo state should bar all of the aspirants from spending on the day of the primary election,so that their will be a room for the most popular candidate to emerge......but this is Nigeria politics where delegates can die for money and bag of rice.....if the delegates are to vote base on money,that means Dr.Segun Abraham will surely carry the day because as it stands in Ondo state today...all the APC aspirants put together can not match Abraham in term of money and to make matter worse for other aspirants billionaire Tinubu is also backing a Business mogul Abraham...mehn!!! To be frank and sincere #300,000 to #500,000 for this Pmb time no be joke ooo!!! But no matter the money being shared my loyalty to AKETI is unshakable.....The people of Akoko and Dr.Abraham should leave this for Owo and Aketi for christ sake.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Osyabj: 6:27am On Aug 26, 2016
Love Machine:
Tinubu want to use his godson to grab that oil producing state by hook or crook.

Ondo is not really Oil producing. Obasanjo annexed the Eastern Region soil of Ijaw and put it in Ondo to steal Eastern Region oil assets, thats all.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by temmytee20(m): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2016
300k to 500k

Hmmmmmm
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by damola311: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2016
and someone will tell me he is fighting corruption, is this not corruption in his party?

18 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Flyingngel(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2016
I need Efcc to check this man properly may b he is one of our yam eater.
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by sunnyside16(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2016
3,000*300,000=900,000,000Million
3,000*500,000=1.5Billion

Just for buying people's vote for primaries. Yet APC says we are broke.

7 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by abokibuhari: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2016
Tinubu is a local champion grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2016
Imagine ooo... This same stupid delegates will start crying after a winner eventually emerges in the general election. How on earth will I spend 1bn on wooing delegates and I won't make my money back if I eventually win the final Race, even in 10 folds.

God bless Nigeria ooo

6 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by JMK9600(f): 8:50am On Aug 26, 2016
All the aspirants should be probe for corruption and be invited by the EFCC. PMB you dey hear o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Pranxta(m): 8:50am On Aug 26, 2016
But wait ooo...how are this delegates been appointed. Cos ill like to be one ooo.
See as money just dey drop for person head...vote for an aspirant,collect 300k...CHAI!!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by pheesayor(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2016
Love Machine:

Are you guys not tired of this Tinubu mentioning

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2016
sunnyside16:
3,000*300,000=90,000,000Million
3,000*500,000=1.5Billion

Just for buying people's vote for primaries. Yet APC says we are broke.

900,000,000 is different from 90,000,000Million

Ur wailing don blindfold ur reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by jazinogold(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2016
cheesy
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by BlackSeptember: 8:54am On Aug 26, 2016
Lord make me an aspirant in Ondo to get this Tinubu largesse
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Mendelssohn(m): 8:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Osyabj:

Ondo is not really Oil producing. Obasanjo annexed the Eastern Region soil of Ijaw and put it in Ondo to steal Eastern Region oil assets, thats all.

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by 151487made(m): 8:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Osyabj:

bros, elaborate it more cos I will love to have emphatic understand of what u are sayin.
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2016
Normal internal politicking cool
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by shaddoww: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2016
This is a good time to be a delegate, let me start hustling to make d delegate list in my state ooo
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by agwom(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2016
Politic of money

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by sunnyside16(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2016
Olalekanbanky1:

900,000,000 is different from 90,000,000Million

Ur wailing don blindfold ur reasoning

okay thank you for the correction and keep hailing. All the best to you.
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Beremx(f): 9:00am On Aug 26, 2016
He said, “If some of the aspirants say it is money for money, I know our delegates are not money-conscious, I know our delegates have integrity and they know all the aspirants very well. They know who have been with them a very long time, they know who are with them at the formation of the APC, somebody cannot just come with his money and change their mind.
na today?
nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Babatundecash:
The Apc leadership in ondo state should bar all of the aspirants from spending on the day of the primary election,so that their will be a room for the most popular candidate to emerge......but this is Nigeria politics where delegates can die for money and bag of rice.....if the delegates are to vote base on money,that means Dr.Segun Abraham will surely carry the day because as it stands in Ondo state today...all the APC aspirants put together can not match Abraham in term of money and to make matter worse for other aspirants billionaire Tinubu is also backing a Business mogul Abraham...mehn!!! To be frank and sincere #300,000 to #500,000 for this Pmb time no be joke ooo!!! But no matter the money being shared my loyalty to AKETI is unshakable.....The people of Akoko and Dr.Abraham should leave this for Owo and Aketi for christ sake.

It was the same Owo that failed to vote AKETI, one of there own. I hope he get another chance though, either way may the best candidate emerge.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by NairaMaster1(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2016
That's political maneuver, not quarraptionundecided undecided undecided
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2016
What kind of country is dis ooh...bribery and corruption in everything, even when it's clearly not necessary
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by 989900: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2016
Osyabj:

[s]Ondo is not really Oil producing. Obasanjo annexed the Eastern Region soil of Ijaw and put it in Ondo to steal Eastern Region oil assets, thats all[/s].

3 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by NairaMaster1(m): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2016
abokibuhari:
Tinubu is a local champion grin

Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by Slimflame(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2016
yarimo:
The woman complaining that money should not be use Is she a Lerner?
ask ha nah..if she dnt hv money to spend on delegates make she sidon dey luk nah...nah must she go talk
Re: Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch by OlatunbosunAb13: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2016
That is how politics is being run in Nigeria. It has always been for the highest bidder. Unfortunately though the most suitable candidate may not necessarily emerged victorious. I don't really blame the delegates, they want to maximize profit for the best possible opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Katsina: Supreme Court Annuls Masari’s Sack Of 34 Elected PDP Chairmen / Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others / Peter Mbah Reacts To His Declaration As Enugu State Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.