Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard (588 Views)

"Politicians Buy AK47, Weapons For Herdsmen" - Miyetti Allah / List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Umartins1(m): 3:58am On Aug 26, 2016

Ado-Ekiti-Ekiti State House of Assembly on thursday prescribed six months jail term for any herdsmen who allow his cattle, sheep and goat to graze on undesignated land for ranches in Ekiti.

The bill which was unanimously passed at the plenary sitting of the Assembly, seek to regulate public grazing in the state.

The passage of the bill followed the submission of report of Joint Committees on Agriculture and Environment by its Chairman, Mr Ayodele Fajemilehin, to committee of the whole House.

The Speaker of the House, Mr Kola Oluwawole, who presided over Tuesday plenary said the bill would now reduce the incessant clashes between farmers and herdsmen in the state.

oluwawole said “if the bill is eventually accented to by the governor, it will now become crime for any cattle, sheep and goat to graze on undesignated land for ranches in Ekiti.

According to the new bill tagged,” Prohibition of Cattle and Other Ruminants Grazing in Ekiti, 2016″, anyone found violating the bill upon conviction shall be sentenced to six months in prison without option of fine.

Others included, “The Governor shall by an order designates land in each of 16 Local Government Areas in the state in respect of which Cattle or Ruminants may be permitted to graze.

The rest are,” No person shall cause or permit any cow, oxen, sheep as well as goat under his or her control to graze on any land in which the Governor has not designated as ranches” among others.

The bill forbids movement of cattle by herdsmen and owners of goat in the Ekiti after 6 p.m.

“No cattle or other ruminants shall by any means move in the night, movement shall be between 7 a.m and 6p.m”.

Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Standing5(m): 4:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Even though Ekiti governor isn't my favorite man I love this new. It should be replicated across all state.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Umartins1(m): 4:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Standing5:
Even though Ekiti governor isn't my favorite man I love this new. It should be replicated across all state.

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by bosschinalu(m): 4:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Allow Our HerdsMen!!!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by agwom(m): 4:45am On Aug 26, 2016
good...they will not look for trouble again.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Herdsmen are Nigerians. They have the right to graze and live anywhere in the country. Stop the discrimination
Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Mynd44: 5:23am On Aug 26, 2016
Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Davesope: 5:29am On Aug 26, 2016
who is this fool on top of me u had better shut up there are the people been killed less Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by iykebest1(m): 5:58am On Aug 26, 2016
is bubu aware?
Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Qmerit(m): 6:21am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
Herdsmen are Nigerians. They have the right to graze and live anywhere in the country. Stop the discrimination

And also have right to kill at WILL?
I don't like Fayose, but you see this very
One I hail him and the house on this.
Killing humans like rodents is not the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by nnokwa042(m): 6:25am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
yes even right to kill may amadioha fire ur mouth
Re: Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard by Ojiofor: 6:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Fayose is indeed a visionary leader from Southwest Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Abia At 25 And The Wisdom Of Elder(prof) S O Igwe: / Victim Of Zamfara Killing NOT Christians - CAN / FG To Train Thousands Of Ex-Niger Delta Avengers In Agricultural Activities(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.