Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust (8634 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to hearken to the agitations of Niger Delta militant groups, who have had to resort to insurgency and bombing of oil pipeline in recent months.
Soyinka made the call while addressing journalists at the launch of Study Abroad in Lebanon (SAIL) initiative in Lagos on yesterday.

The elder statesman, who said he was recently contacted to play an interventionist role in the crisis rocking the oil-producing region, appealed to Buhari to show more commitment that would bring about lasting solution.
“I wish to make an appeal to government to respond to the outrage of the militant groups. That was a request being made by some of the groups, who got me into this interventionist role in the first place. At the moment, they feel the government of President Buhari is not seriously responding to their outrage. And I wish to personally appeal to the government to positively respond and lets us see where it ends us,” Soyinka said.
The Nobel Laureate was however quick to debunk the insinuation that he was actually working with some international organizations to get the crisis resolved, insisting that so far, he has been acting in his capacity as an individual interventionist.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/soyinka-urges-buhari-to-dailogue-with-militants/160311.html

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 26, 2016
Never negotiate with terrorists. Brutal force is the only language they understand. It will deter other groups from springing up. Just like the military force applied against the biafran terrorists in the south east, the economic terrorists called militants should also be wiped out

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Bitterleafsoup: 5:41am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
Never negotiate with terrorists. Brutal force is the only language they understand. It will deter other groups from springing up. Just like the military force applied against the biafran terrorists in the south east, the economic terrorists called militants should also be wiped out
The country is better because of it?
Your retired general is squeezing the freak out of the economy and you still have mind for bigoted rubbish?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by agwom(m): 5:42am On Aug 26, 2016
cry
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 26, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

Yes the country is free from threats and hatred ever since the government crushed the Biafran terrorists and locked up Nnamdi kanu their chief terrorist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Bitterleafsoup: 5:44am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:

Yes the country is free from threats and hatred ever since the government crushed the Biafran terrorists and locked up Nnamdi kanu their chief terrorist
But are we not talking about Delta Militants as in the present tense
Boko Harem is your people right?
Or maybe your a herdsman or Libyan ,Ugandian Undercover Herdsman tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Izonpikin: 5:49am On Aug 26, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Your retired general is squeezing the freak out of the economy and you still have mind for bigoted rubbish?
that guy is out of touch with reality...I believe he is hungry and still typing that shiiiitttt....

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 26, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
But are we not talking about Delta Militants as in the present tense
Boko Harem is your people right?
Or maybe your a herdsman or Libyan ,Ugandian Undercover Herdsman tongue

Just like the FG crushed the Biafran terrorists, militants will be defeated. Bokoharam has been reduced to a toothless dog. They can only bark but can't bite

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by datopaper(m): 5:52am On Aug 26, 2016
President Buhari talked to militants to resolve this matter, once and for all. Militants should also know, Nigeria is not farmland.
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Aufbauh(m): 5:53am On Aug 26, 2016
I'll also lean my voice to the call for Mr President to discuss with the militants even though it may not be appealing to him but the credibility and patriotism of Mr. Soyinka as one of the negotiators should be given a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Godfullsam(m): 5:58am On Aug 26, 2016
I hope the president will listen to the advice.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by ckmayoca: 5:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Dialoguing with someone doesn't mean u r giving it in mr president. You get to know more secretes and how to solve the problem in the region.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Bitterleafsoup: 5:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
that guy is out of touch with reality...I believe he is hungry and still typing that shiiiitttt....
My Dear it is baffling! These miscreants must be like Chadans or operatives, the country has turned completely upside down and they are still beating a dead chicken.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by nnachukz(m): 5:59am On Aug 26, 2016
searchiing4love:

With this mindset, you will search for love forever because you don't deserve to be loved.
Change your moniker to searching for hate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Bitterleafsoup: 6:00am On Aug 26, 2016
datopaper:
President Buhari talked to militants to resolve this matter, once and for all. Militants should also know, Nigeria is not farmland.
The only militancy promised land was Fulani Heardmans terrorist branch.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Izonpikin: 6:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
My Dear it is baffling! These miscreants must be like Chadans or operatives, the country has turned completely upside down and they are still beating a dead chicken.
the FG will forever have no choice but to negotiate with the Niger delta and avengers or who ever....The longer throat for oil and our oil mono economy will always bring us back to negotiations....

Only a blind fool will argue otherwise...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Legitbaba(m): 6:05am On Aug 26, 2016
No o body dey beg am oh....if he is not ready for dialogue...he should buy more war planes and come down south....

No one, I mean no one can beat us in our land..... unless night and day ceases to exist

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Bitterleafsoup: 6:12am On Aug 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
the FG will forever have no choice but to negotiate with the Niger delta and avengers or who ever....The longer throat for oil and our oil mono economy will always bring us back to negotiations....

Only a blind fool will argue otherwise...
Correct!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by englishmart(m): 6:17am On Aug 26, 2016
He's patiently waiting for Obama to advise him before He does the needed

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by HtwoOw: 6:24am On Aug 26, 2016
Baba Soyinka

I respect you and your wisdom , i think Operation Alligator's Open teeth is better than Dialogue , especially because some goats here believe their creek is inpenetrable

Although they cheer the terrorists less now , thanks to the operations in Ogun and Ondo

We should take their war to them , maybe we won't hear marginalization or any new group forming kingkong in the next 30 years

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Funlordjnr: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2016
Legitbaba:
No o body dey beg am oh....if he is not ready for dialogue...he should buy more war planes and come down south....

No one, I mean no one can beat us in our land..... unless night and day ceases to exist

Where were you when they sent some of your money grabbing naija delta criminal militants to hades via the odi route in bayelsa?

Keep quiet and stop beating your cabin chest unnecessarily and pray for a solution through dialogue! If the nigerian army decides to descend on your paltry militants the collateral damage may send you and your family to cameroon!

No rag tag group of self serving drunkards can fight a determined government and win! Now run along go and have breakfast so that your mum does not complain about you wasting her chow!

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by otukpo(f): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2016
Only if he will hear.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by omenka(m): 6:51am On Aug 26, 2016
My question remains; why have the terrorists suddenly become inclined to dialogue?? Didn't they say they could continue blowing things up until not a single drop of crude is exported from the region?? Didn't they swear to keep up their campaign until the economy is completely grounded?? Didn't they swear to tear down the walls of this building until Niger Delta Republic is granted them??

If my intuition serves me right, I'd wager the FG has landed a big prize in her military campaign and the cowards are jittery over the consequences of keeping up their shenanigans- shiit's most likely about to blow up in their faces.

Their propaganda appears to have lost a whole lot of traction with the revelations made by the breakaway faction and the arrest of some of their members (whose membership they of course denied), but I haven't the slightest doubt in my mind the captives must have been singing more than canaries in detention. Moreso, they've lost a lot of domestic support as it is becoming all too obvious who the primary victims of their idiotic activities are- they very people they claim to be "fighting for".

If the government decides to dialogue with them, fine, but the question remains- how many such groups would the government dialogue with today and in future

There is an old adage that says for peace, be prepared for war. First world countries have the kind of military capabilities they do not because they desire to go to war with anyone but because they understand the essence of having such structures on ground- it is the best deterrent to trouble makers both within and outside the country. As long as we don't upgrade our security armament to meet best global standard, this vicious circle of negotiating with one ragtag group of miscreants after another would go on forever!

9 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by omenka(m): 6:56am On Aug 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Where were you when they sent some of your money grabbing naija delta criminal militants to hades via the odi route in bayelsa?

Keep quiet and stop beating your cabin chest unnecessarily and pray for a solution through dialogue! If the nigerian army decides to descend on your paltry militants the collateral damage may send you and your family to cameroon!

No rag tag group of self serving drunkards can fight a determined government and win! Now run along go and have breakfast so that your mum does not complain about you wasting her chow!
Ignore those kids. The closest they've ever come to actual warfare are the action movies they watch on tv. The worst gore they've witnessed is the sight of slain chickens in their backyards on Christmas day.

Bunch of ignorant things.

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by QuotaSystem: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2016
With all due respect to the personality of Professor Soyinka, I think the government has been patient enough.

The doubts must be cleared in the minds of those ogogoro soaked terrorists and their kindergarten supporters about the military's resolve and capacity to effectively stop the criminality in the delta.

All these kids grandstanding on social media don't realize the harm they're putting their parents in, the same people that were screaming out of fear just yesterday because of ordinary rehearsals by the the amphibian wing of the armed forces.

Anyway we have reached the end of the long rope and at this point any further pussyfooting will only embolden the senseless militants and their suckling supporters the more to continue their sabotage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Izonpikin: 7:06am On Aug 26, 2016
HtwoOw:
Baba Soyinka

I respect you and your wisdom , i think Operation Alligator's Open teeth is better than Dialogue , especially because some goats here believe their creek is inpenetrable

Although they cheer the terrorists less now , thanks to the operations in Ogun and Ondo

We should take their war to them , maybe we won't hear marginalization or any new group forming kingkong in the next 30 years
shut up there....nonsense...so you guys want the oil by all means....lazy miscreants....go and farm....you want oil but yet you don't want negotiations...come and take the oil by force na...

You guys forget that no one can drill or produce oil when there is war....

Why don't y'all go manage the oil in lags and ondo....freaking ingrates...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Izonpikin: 7:08am On Aug 26, 2016
QuotaSystem:
With all due respect to the personality of Professor Soyinka, I think the government has been patient enough.

The doubts must be cleared in the minds of those ogogoro soaked terrorists and their kindergarten supporters about the military's resolve and capacity to effectively stop the criminality in the delta.

All these kids grandstanding on social media don't realize the harm they're putting their parents in, the same people that were screaming out of fear just yesterday because of ordinary rehearsals by the the amphibian wing of the armed forces.

Anyway we have reached the end of the long rope and at this point any further pussyfooting will only embolden the senseless militants and their suckling supporters the more to continue their sabotage.
the government has no choice but to be patient forever. ...The FG wants oil abi....they've already bench marked oil price for the 2017 budget not so...They must be patient. ...either they are or they leave the oil...which of course they can't. ...

Nonsense....

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by fiizznation: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2016
The FG shouldn't engage in any silly dialogue with those miscreants. Force should be used on the militants. That's how the problem will be solved once and for all

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by fiizznation: 7:14am On Aug 26, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2016
Emperor Cassandra no dey take ear hear this kain thing oooo, the only advice he considers ear-worthy is "shed blood" , based on say him na old solja.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by fiizznation: 7:17am On Aug 26, 2016
omenka:
My question remains; why have the terrorists suddenly become inclined to dialogue?? Didn't they say they could continue blowing things up until not a single drop of crude is exported from the region?? Didn't they swear to keep up their campaign until the economy is completely grounded?? Didn't they swear to tear down the walls of this building until Niger Delta Republic is granted them??

If my intuition serves me right, I'd wager the FG has landed a big prize in her military campaign and the cowards are jittery over the consequences of keeping up their shenanigans- shiit's most likely about to blow up in their faces.

Their propaganda appears to have lost a whole lot of traction with the revelations made by the breakaway faction and the arrest of some of their members (whose membership they of course denied), but I haven't the slightest doubt in my mind the captives must have been singing more than canaries in detention. Moreso, they've lost a lot of domestic support as it is becoming all too obvious who the primary victims of their idiotic activities are- they very people they claim to be "fighting for".

If the government decides to dialogue with them, fine, but the question remains- how many such groups would the government dialogue with today and in future

There is an old adage that says for peace, be prepared for war. First world countries have the kind of military capabilities they do not because they desire to go to war with anyone but because they understand the essence of having such structures on ground- it is the best deterrent to trouble makers both within and outside the country. As long as we don't upgrade our security armament to meet best global standard, this vicious circle of negotiating with one ragtag group of miscreants after another would go on forever!
Re: Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust by QuotaSystem: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2016
Izonpikin:
the government has no choice but to be patient forever. ...The FG wants oil abi....they've already bench marked oil price for the 2017 budget not so...They must be patient. ...either they are or they leave the oil...which of course they can't. ...

Nonsense....

Listen carefully: You only have a voice to grandstand because your villages and relatives have not come under the heavy shelling of the Air Force and amphibian forces.

I marvel at seemingly kindergarteners that are ignoring the real risk of collateral damage when (not if) the military fully engages the militants in an all out war. Do you think it's the farmer in Kebbi that will be affected?

I know you're hurt and don't want to appear weak by succumbing to the FG openly, but apply wisdom and consider the unavoidable consequences of your support for terrorism in your homeland.

War is not childsplay. Think.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid / Godwin Emefiele: Don’t Panic; No Nigerian Bank Is Distressed / New York Times Profiles Saharareporters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.