Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time (18870 Views)

Tinubu Leaves For UK To Visit Late Son's Family / UK To Receive First Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September. / NNPC Discharges One Cargo Of PMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 26, 2016
The much anticipated first ever crude oil export cargo from the Aje field, offshore Lagos, will be shipped to the United Kingdom in September.

Following the commencement of the first oil production at the Aje field in May 2016, Panoro Energy, the London-based energy firm in partnership with operator Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (YFP), announced in July that the first crude oil lifting for export from the Aje field would begin by the end of August.

The company, while announcing its second quarter 2016 results and operations updates on Tuesday, however said it expected to sell the first cargo of Aje crude during September and that Glencore Energy UK Limited had been selected for its offtake.
The firm confirmed that Nigerian regulators recently officially approved production and the export sale from Aje.
It said in the update that the average gross daily production at Aje as calculated from May to mid-August was 5,500 barrels of oil per day (bopd), which included the entire testing, commissioning, and approval period completed in mid-July.
Commenting on the results and update, the CEO of Panoro Energy, John Hamilton, said achieving oil production at Aje in the second quarter was a milestone for the company.
“We expect to sell our first cargo of oil during September, representing the start of positive cash inflows from the Aje project.
“Realising the full potential at Aje is the key priority for the company and we remain focussed on moving the Dussafu project forward in Gabon,” he said.
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode had in May announced that Lagos had officially joined the League of Oil Producing States in Nigeria following the discovery of crude oil by YFP in the state.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/uk-to-receive-first-cargo-of-lagos-oil-in-september/160289.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 26, 2016
Eko oni baje ti wink

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2016
Lagos is waxing stronger daily grin ,why PDP are busy killing Niger delta region cry with looting and confusion games angry

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by HtwoOw: 6:38am On Aug 26, 2016
Thank God

Mentality of AWA OYEL should disappear in a few years because Lagos oil is purer than their oil , Hydrocarbon % or is it Octa rating , i am not sure , But i read it somewhere though

and if the ""is awa Oyel"" people want to break up ?? Good luck selling inferior oil in the global market

Bwahahahahahahahahah

grin grin grin

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by OsuIbo: 6:41am On Aug 26, 2016
God bless the memory of late Alhaji Abdulwahab Folawiyo for birthing the vision for the exploration of crude oil in this oil field.

God bless the current and previous Lagos state Governors for making the vision a reality.

God bless Yoruba's and Yorubaland.

We thank God Eledumare for giving us a land full and filled with both human and natural resources.

Omo Yoruba, we should not forget, crude oil exploration in our land is ephemeral in the context of one Nigeria. ohun ti anilo ni ki ani Orile ede ti ara wa.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by babyfaceafrica: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2016
Some people are not happy..but who cares!!!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by 9jii(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2016
We are very happy for South West people.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2016
When are we going to have sense in this country? So we don start to dey export from Lagos without wasting time, without future plan.
All what the Nigerian government cares about is the oyel money. Without proper planning, its only a matter of time before what happen in ND start in SW.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:00am On Aug 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Some people are not happy..but who cares!!!
Its not about ppl being happy or not, what's the future planning of the government towards making a better life for the ppl from the region? How is this going to improve the lives of the poor masses.
In the future, do you have any idea of what oil spillage could cause?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by agwom(m): 7:01am On Aug 26, 2016
good development..
Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by OsuIbo: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Wizzyblack3:
its only a matter of time before what happen in ND start in SW.
We do not bomb pipelines in the SW. It is Militants that we bomb in the SW

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:08am On Aug 26, 2016
OsuIbo:
There's no point in quoting me when you can't comprehend what i write in my comment. I've made my point.

11 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Businessideas: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2016
Lasgidi for life!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Sunky200: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2016
good for the West and the Country at large

itesiwaju ile O'dua lojewa logun

9 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by babyfaceafrica: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

Its not about ppl being happy or not, what's the future planning of the government towards making a better life for the ppl from the region? How is this going to improve the lives of the poor masses.
In the future, do you have any idea of what oil spillage could cause?
its offshore..so oil spillage effects is minimal..just like most akwa ibom oil that is offshore too...when the time is due...decisions will be taken

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by flyingsnail(f): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2016
Just 5,500 barrels of oil per day and people are jumping. If you are not business inclined you wont understand. For your information.

The oil and gas industry in the United Kingdom produced 1.42 million boepd.UK exports of oil-related goods and services have been estimated

at more than $40 billion a year in value.This amount is a reflection of how well established the UK's supply chain is internationally. The

competence of its people and the quality of its technology, particularly subsea, are very much in demand in oil and gas provinces around the

world.

Ewu Gambia !

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Stricker321: 7:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Good thing oo, let Nigeria start drinking Lagos oil too. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Izonpikin: 7:21am On Aug 26, 2016
HtwoOw:
Thank God

Mentality of AWA OYEL should disappear in a few years because Lagos oil is purer than their oil , Hydrocarbon % or is it Octa rating , i am not sure , But i read it somewhere though

and if the ""is awa Oyel"" people want to break up ?? Good luck selling inferior oil in the global market

Bwahahahahahahahahah

grin grin grin

Is the oil in lagos not for lagos...

It is their oil na....

1 Like

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Izonpikin: 7:24am On Aug 26, 2016
OsuIbo:
grin grin...The moment you guys smell marginalisation nobody go tell ona..... grin

Just wait....

8 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by OsuIbo: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2016
flyingsnail:

Just 5,500 barrels of oil per day and people are jumping. If you are not business inclined you wont understand. For your information.

The oil and gas industry in the United Kingdom produced 1.42 million boepd.UK exports of oil-related goods and services have been estimated

at more than $40 billion a year in value.This amount is a reflection of how well established the UK's supply chain is internationally. The

competence of its people and the quality of its technology, particularly subsea, are very much in demand in oil and gas provinces around the

world.

Ewu Gambia !
Ipob youth why u dey cry na

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by wristbangle: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2016
Nice one from Lagos govt.

2 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by ovieigho(m): 7:37am On Aug 26, 2016
Am sorry if I don't get the drift here, is the federal government involved in this? Because the only names that keep coming up is folawiyo and governor ambode!! In the case of delta state with massive oil wells have never heard the voice of the governor handling the scheme of things its an all federal government affair in ND. Pls I need clarification

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by tempest01(m): 7:48am On Aug 26, 2016
HtwoOw:
Thank God

Bwahahahahahahahahah

grin grin grin

See this one...5000 barrels of oil a day, and you are comparing it to 2 million barrels of oil from ND

15 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by acunon: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2016
It's a nice start sha
Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by princemillla(m): 7:54am On Aug 26, 2016
ovieigho:
Am sorry if I don't get the drift here, is the federal government involved in this? Because the only names that keep coming up is folawiyo and governor ambode!! In the case of delta state with massive oil wells have never heard the voice of the governor handling the scheme of things its an all federal government affair in ND. Pls I need clarification

Among the 5well in lagos, one of the oil well belongs to FG according to the depth at wich the oil was found.

So, lagos state owns the oil block

2 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by DaFlash: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2016
... .. . I-POOP faces be like. grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2016
Wow. I de envy lasgidi no be small, cos anytime I think of Kogi and the type of opportunities wey de dia wey those yeye leaders just de mismanage, I go just de vex.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by OkoNDOoBo: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2016
flyingsnail:

world.

Ewu Gambia !
Do you expect them to start drilling 1 mllion barrel even at least it is better than imo and Abia that have being drilling for years and it is not up to 5000 barrelsgrincheesy

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by able20(m): 7:56am On Aug 26, 2016
ovieigho:
That's the noise makers for you. 5000barrers/day only Lagos affair,but the whole SW is shouting

5 Likes

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 26, 2016
Hmm

Bad news for Lagos really.

Good news for Lagos would be the UK receiving the first cargo of made in Lagos cars,phones, PC, tablets, etc.

Oil is a ''useless'' commodity. It only makes economies flabby and lazy.

Same goes for every other oil producer in Nigeria.

Am off to work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Receive Cargo Of Lagos Oil In September For The First Time by HRich(m): 7:56am On Aug 26, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB: A Delusion Taken Too Far - Charles Ibekwe / Court Orders RMAFC To Fix Salaries Of NASS Members To Reflect Economic Realities / The United States' Message To Nigerians As Election Day Approaches (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.