Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

"Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others (26528 Views)

Osinbajo Meets With Emir Sanusi, Others, Over Farmers-Herders Conflict / Buhari Replies Emir Sanusi & Others: You Won't Believe What He Said / Put Your Advice In Writing – Buhari Tells Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by emamos: 8:14am On Aug 26, 2016
A day after blistering public remarks on his economic policies by the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido, President Muhammadu Buhari has requested top traditional rulers in the country to henceforth put their advice across to him in private written memos.
Buhari made the request yesterday through the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, who visited him at the Presidential Villa as follow up on a private memo he wrote to the president on the state of the nation.
The influential Kano Emir , who is the immediate past Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) hadon Wednesdayused a public function in Kaduna to blast Buhari’s handling of the economy, particularly the unproductive subsidy on certain foreign exchange transactions.
Emerging from his meeting with the President, Oba Adeyemi told State House correspondents that the President invited him over on the strength of the advice contained in his written memo.
The revered monarch said “As a Nigerian and one of the topmost traditional rulers in the country, I sent a memorandum to the President which he acknowledged and asked me to come and endorse those things I have written.
“I think it was time for me to use the proper channel to reach the President for suggestions and advice.
“Where he deserves commendation, I should also do that especially as it concerns the multi-dimensional problems Nigeria is facing like the Avengers and bombing of oil installations, MEND and Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.”
According to the Alafin, “The President listened attentively and has asked me to pass the information to other traditional rulers in my domain to assist the government by giving advice because he is a good listener; but that such advice should be put in writing so that he can then relate it to the problems affecting Nigeria.”
He commended the President for acting swiftly to flush out criminal elements that wanted to extend militancy to Lagos and the rest of South-West.
“I have met with the President and offered some suggestions. We are losing huge resources to the activities of the Niger Delta Avengers. Coming close to that is the infiltration of the militants in Lagos and Ikorodu where in the last three weeks, 10 landlords were massacred.

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/advice-me-in-writing-buhari-replies-emir-of-kano-others/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by nnol(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2016
wats the way out fr bubu nw?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Lifestone(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2016
No private treaty is allowed.
Nigerians deserves to know what sort of advice the government are getting from the traditional rulers.
The approach of Alaafin is far better than that of SLS. No leader no matter how benevolent likes open criticism

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Flyingngel(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2016
I see. Time shall tell if he will put to use what u told him. I pray he will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by lytech1(m): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2016
But sanusi knew bubu is battling with ear problem,he should have make his advice written.

Bubu no vex please!!!

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by olaNL: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2016
This is another attribute of a good leader. To listen to the opinion of his people. but not Everyone's opinion matters.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Aufbauh(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2016
Misguided and misleading headline lacking in content comprehension and objectivity.
breakingtimes ko, broken record ni.....@junckjournalism

4 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Beremx(f): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2016
Whatever advice given to Buhari must be made public. All the advice given to him in private so far, what has he done about it?

kudos to Emir Sanusi

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by maclatunji: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2016
The President has class. Anybody can play to the gallery and say things that unenlightened people will cheer but if you think you have great ideas put them in clear terms in writing, send them to the appropriate quarters and they can be evaluated on their merits.

People like me that are not public personalities do this so I do not see how they cannot do the same.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by legalwhistle: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2016
For so many years I believe our monarchs have not lived up to expections going by the dastard acts some of their communities have exhibited in the polity...Each state government should take it upon themselves to review their nexus with the traditional leaders as they are the major key players to grassroot politics and the closest to the common man..Have they ever thought of creating a platform(s) upon which the minds of the youth are channelled through their respective monarchs?..Some of bad eggs among the monarchs that have perpetrated evils in the past and still perpetrating same should not only be investigated but made to face the wrath of the law with stiffer punishment.Orientation and skill empowerment programmes should be encouraged with strict monitoring by the states'..#HelpTheGrassrootGrowItsTrueRoots

3 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by agwom(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2016
ok
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by NigerDeltan(m): 9:06am On Aug 26, 2016
grin
Whether writing ooo
Acting it oooo
Shouting to high heaven oooo

Buhari i know will ignore them and still do whatever that is in his mind.

What have we not said about negotiating with the avengers?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by futurenix(m): 9:38am On Aug 26, 2016
Another dictatorial move loading...

Mr President should understand the government is not a private affair.

Their advice through the public is also educating them as well.

Atleast let it be known by all and history too records that someone somewhere at sometime made such contributions/opposition and was neglected or implemented or reversed.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by chernest2002: 9:55am On Aug 26, 2016
I want a conference for all Nigerians not written letters, if buhari is a good listener let him go back to the last conference or he may call for new conference. But for letters from selected few that won't work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2016
Ok
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by misscall247: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2016
Dog buhari

9 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by publicenemy(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2016
Lol
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by sapientia(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2016
No Sir!

We need to know what they are telling you especially that Sanusi... Them fit tell you that food abound in the land.

Also, we want to know when you lie that you were not told... let everything be open as it has always been

When OBJ and Sanusi no gree post their letter to Aso Rock but the press houses... APC cheered them on.. Karma is a pissed bossy lady grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by massinola(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2016
this is the case of an impotent man asking for more wives.
they should put it in writing abi? indirectly not wanting the public to know what they said. after lie Mohammed will come to give us his own version of what they said. besides, when did bubu learn how to read? the last time I checked, he's not given us his waec cert. remember an average SS3 student writing waec in the north cannot speak or read English wordings. that's according to some people in here. I no call names oh

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by kaen1317: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2016
should they write because you are deaf and can't hear?

3 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by phygo89(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2016
Did Obj make his letter to GEJ private?

Okay! Obj's letter no be advice na course.

5 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Originality007: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2016
cheesy
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by LordVoldemort(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2016
K
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by Originality007: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2016
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by supereagle(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
PMB
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by SWORD419(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
the cap of that ojuju man for the first pic na die
Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by rhektor(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Mr president you can read news paper if you can't read please pay your advisers to read and relay it to you. Everybody cannot write to you how many have you implemented in all that was written in the past? Where is the recommendation of the confab report?

4 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by kaen1317: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Are you deaf and cannot hear?

2 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by NairaMaster1(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
The Alaafin is a coward for not mentioning the Fulani herdsmen. Am disappointed at his royal hypocrisy.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by AnodaIT(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
[size=16pt]Buhari to Critics, "Advise Me ONLY in Writing OR......." [/size]

3 Likes

Re: "Advise Me In Writing" - Buhari To Alaafin Of Oyo, Emir Sanusi, Others by thesicilian: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2016
maclatunji:
The President has class. Anybody can play to the gallery and say things that unenlightened people will cheer but if you think you have great ideas put them in clear terms in writing, send them to the appropriate quarters and they can be evaluated on their merits.

People like me that are not public personalities do this so I do not see how they cannot do the same.
Don't mind them. They are all trying to do eye service (or in this case, "ear service" ). In this day and age, no one needs to travel all the way from the North or West to talk to the President. Except you have an ulterior motive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Radio Station: Validation Of Obasanjo's Fulanization Claim - CAN / Supreme Court: APC Stages Counter-Protest In Abuja / Gordon Brown Backs Okonjo-Iweala's WTO-DG Bid. Ngozi Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.