Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,694 members, 7,805,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse (26330 Views)

Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? / Being Romantic In Islam / Ruling On Kissing One's Spouse In Front Of The Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by babs01(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
*The Romantic Prophet – How to be romantic with your spouse*
Being a Lecture Presentation by Louqmaan Muhammad (Abu-Zayd) to Muslim Ummah (Darul Ulum) on 15th Dhul-Qadah 1437AH (19th August 2016)

*HOW TO BE ROMANTIC WITH YOUR SPOUSE*
The husband and wife have to bond with one another psychologically, physically and spiritually. Here are some attractive examples and points we need to adopt to achieve a marriage of romance:

1) Know their feelings

The husband and wife should be aware of each other’s feelings. The husband should be able to gauge when his wife is upset or sad, likewise the wife should be able to read her husband’s behaviour. By being conscious of one another’s feelings, it will help resolve any differences. When your spouse is down or upset, be there to console him/her.
The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam once said to Sayyidah Aisha radiallahu anha : “I know well when you are pleased or angry with me. Aisha replied: How you know that? He said: When you are pleased with me you swear by saying “By the God of Mohammad” but when you are angry you swear by saying “By the God of Ibrahim”. She said: You are right, I don’t mention your name.”

2) Console her.

This is another feature a marriage must have. Each spouse has to be there for the other in the good and bad times. The wife should find comfort and solace in the husband and the husband should find warmth and love in his wife. Be gentle with one another.
Sayyidah Safiyah radiallahu anha was on a journey with the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam. She was late so the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam received her while she was crying. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam wiped her tears with his own hands and tried his utmost to calm her down.

3) Laying in the wife’s lap.

How many times have we rested in the lap of our spouse? These gestures may seem trivial but they are the acts which bring the hearts close. The wife can sense and see the love of her husband for her in such actions. Every so often come home and just go and rest in the lap of your wife. She will appreciate this gesture greatly.
The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would recline in the lap of our beloved mother Sayyidah Aisha radaillahu anha even in the state when she would be menstruating. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would recite the Qur῾ān whilst reclining in his wife’s lap.

4) Combing the spouse’s hair:

This is how close a couple has to be. Love evolves and grows to such an extent that a spouse yearns to do everything for the other spouse even if it simply combing their hair. To maintain a high intensity of love, do the little things for your spouse also. Little acts have a huge psychological impact on the mind of the spouse.
Aisha radiallahu anha would comb the hair of the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam and wash his hair.

5) Drinking and eating from one place:

Do things together with your wife. Do not just eat at the same time and on the same tablecloth, but eat from the same plate. This will bond the hearts so close to one another. When everything your wife comes into contact with becomes more beloved to you than food itself, imagine the flame of love in your lives?
Aisha radiallahu anha would drink from a cup. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would take this cup and search for the place where the lips of his beloved wife made contact. Upon finding the place where his wife drank from the cup, he would put his lips on the very same place so that his lips have touched the place where her lips touched. He would then drink the contents of the cup at the same time enjoying union with his spouse. When there was meat to eat, Sayyidah Aisha radiallahu anha would take a bite. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would take the meat from her hand and again place his mouth the very same place where his wife ate from. This would add taste of love to his food.

6) Kissing:

Compliment your spouse often with kisses. When exiting the house, make it habit you leave by coming into contact with your spouse. When returning home, along with saying salām to her, show that you have missed her dearly. When she is working or busy in her household chores, surprise her with a kiss. You have to show your love. Love is the fuel of marriage; if you desire your marriage to progress, you have to express your love in every way you can.
The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would kiss his wife regularly. Even when he salallahu alaihi wasallam would be fasting, he would kiss his wife.

7) Lifting the morsel to her mouth.

The husband and wife should make these gentle gestures to exhibit their love and appreciation. Feed your spouse with your own hands now and then. This will rekindle the flame of love in your marriage.
The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said: If you spend an amount you will be rewarded for it, even when you lift the morsel to your wife’s mouth.”

cool Assisting her in the housework:

Without being asked, if the couple help each other in day to day activities, it will make one appreciate the other. Likewise, one should try his best not to demand his/her spouse to do things too much. Whatever one can do himself, he should do. We need to be considerate of the spouse. The wife works tirelessly all day. So if the husband was to be considerate and realise his wife works hard, this will touch the wife. Likewise, if the wife was to go out of her way to see to the needs of her husband being considerate, it will induce a great spark of love between the two.
The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would clean and help at home. He would see to his needs himself rather than demanding his wife. He would clean and see to his clothing himself.

9)Dress for your spouse.

This is another area where many spouses fail. The wife only dresses when it is a special occasion. The husband on the hand stays scruffy and does not take care to be neat and tidy. If the couple want their everyday to be a special occasion like their wedding day, they must dress to impress!
The wife should wear the clothing which pleases her husband. Likewise, the husband should wear what the wife likes.
Sayyiduna Ibn Abbās radiallahu anhu said: “As my wife adorns herself for me, I adorn myself for her. I do not want to take all of my rights from her so that she will not take all of her rights from me because Allah, the Exalted, stated the following: “And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them.” (Qur῾ān 2 :228.)

10)Utilising perfume:

One should make an effort to smell good for his wife all the time. Looking good, keeping clean, smelling nice compliments a relationship exceptionally. Make sure you hair is tidy, your clothes are neat and you smell pleasant. This will attract your spouse always and inject affection into the marriage.
The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would have a container for perfume. He would use perfume constantly.

11) Loving & respecting their families.

Another great factor to contribute to a healthy relationship is to love and cherish the family of your spouse.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Masha Allaah! Ive been down since morning but this brought smile to my face smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Demmzy15(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Masha Allaah! Ive been down since morning but this brought smile to my face smiley
Wallahi this thread deserves a Frontpage!

2 Likes

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Demmzy15:
Wallahi this thread deserves a Frontpage!

Na'am, i hope sister Sissie will consider this thread for tomorrow insha Allaah.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by SweetyZinta(f): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
Masha Allahu, Jazakumullahu khairan. May your ink never go dry!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by bukiii(f): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
smiling nice one
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by realone2012: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jazakumllahi Khairan ya Akhi
May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us. Aameen

And for those of us that are still single, when it's time to complete 'half of our Deen', I pray Allah (SWT) guide to choose the perfect spouse. Aameen!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Jay542(m): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
SweetyZinta:
Masha Allahu, Jazakumullahu khairan. May your ink never go dry!

smiley
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Musharraf: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
JazakumuLLAHU khayran
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Ikigia: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Splendid!
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by abayimi567: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
jazakumulahi kaheerah
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by MeenalKd(f): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jazakhallahu khairan..wa shukran kasiran ya ukti..May Allah bless you abundantly..
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by firstolalekan(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nothing more romantic kiss

I can't wait for the very lucky lady kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Kazrem(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
I thought that #7 won't be there. Well done OP. Brothers need to really do that #8.
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by esscence00: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
My Wife would really be a lucky lady!! wink
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by walexix(m): 12:22am On Sep 03, 2016
Very educative to married and single man and woman.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by AdeKamal(m): 9:25am On Sep 05, 2016
tres important
why Islamic principles are worth knowing and applying ..
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Ridah(f): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Maa Sha Allah, May Allah Make It Easy For Us.
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by babs01(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ridah:
[color=#000099][/color]
Amin
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by babs01(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ridah:
[color=#000099][/color]
Amin
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by babs01(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ridah:
[color=#000099][/color]
Amin
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by babs01(m): 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
MeenalKd:
Jazakhallahu khairan..wa shukran kasiran ya ukti..May Allah bless you abundantly..
waayakun
Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by babs01(m): 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
esscence00:
My Wife would really be a lucky lady!! wink
Good

1 Like

Re: How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse by Abdul240(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
realone2012:
Jazakumllahi Khairan ya Akhi
May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us. Aameen

And for those of us that are still single, when it's time to complete 'half of our Deen', I pray Allah (SWT) guide to choose the perfect spouse. Aameen!!
Ameen i love these thread

(1) (Reply)

What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam? / Pictures And Hanging Animate Pictures! / Away from the Slay Queen...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.