Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,908 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down (12525 Views)

P&G To Shut Down $300 Million Nigeria Production Plant, A Year After Launch / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by jrusky(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Only 25% that is to small I expect like 75-85% to shut down when a man act foolishly and make a foolish decision in life he wil surely get what Nigerians are getting right now as pay back for the govt some mad things were walking pillar to post to elebrate their victory some months ago.

More is loading keep updating us. They ain't seen anything yet they want change and they got it big time let majority of them asked their parents, brothers or sister what was the case in Nigeria in 1984 when the same man hijacked power then you will get the massage. More is loading Nigeria labour market will be cut half by 2018 and by the time the 8 years is completed Nigeria labour market will be at 2% get that fact today.
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by simpleseyi: 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
Keneking:
"Already, the country has lost 57 per cent of licensed operators to multiple taxations" Such as Reltel, Intercellular, Starcomms angry

Useless government of APC

The companies you listed above closed during PDP's 16 years of looting and blood sucking. Can you now see that you are very useless? So, be very very careful, if not, you will run enter market untop APC matter.

1 Like

Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by simpleseyi: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
jrusky:
[b]Only 25% that is to small I expect like 75-85% to shut down when a man act foolishly and make a foolish decision [/b]in life he wil surely get what Nigerians are getting right now as pay back for the govt some mad things were walking pillar to post to elebrate their victory some months ago.

More is loading keep updating us. They ain't seen anything yet they want change and they got it big time let majority of them asked their parents, brothers or sister what was the case in Nigeria in 1984 when the same man hijacked power then you will get the massage. More is loading Nigeria labour market will be cut half by 2018 and by the time the 8 years is completed Nigeria labour market will be at 2% get that fact today.

Please list just one decision that your lord and saviour the ineffectual buffoon made in his 8 miserable years as Vice-President, Acting President and President. Oh! I forgot, he made the decision to share our treasury with his gang of thieves, but you miserable low-life did not get a single kobo out of the billions of dollars that the drunk fisherman shared.

jrusky:

More is loading Nigeria labour market will be cut half by 2018 and by the time the 8 years is completed Nigeria labour market will be at 2% get that fact today.

The above is prophesy for your family and relatives. Nigeria will be great again. Agents of darkness like you and your looting godfathers shall be wiped off Nigeria's soil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by Remii(m): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
Keneking:
"Already, the country has lost 57 per cent of licensed operators to multiple taxations" Such as Reltel, Intercellular, Starcomms angry

they didn't due to tax but their inability to meet new challenges with advent of smartphones in hands of everyone
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by 989900: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
This is some dumbdumb move.

Probably, this will lead to the first all out national protest/demonstration against this gov't.
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by awa(m): 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
No matter which side of the Divide we choose to be,honestly things are getting out of hand in Nigeria now.

Just because I don't want any eRat to call me eWailer won't stop me from asking this Govt to do more for Nigerians.

That's my own commonsense...
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by Charly68: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Taxation is a very good way to raise the revenue bar of the nation..All over the world companies are being taxed ..The media hype against the new tax policy of the Govt should not be taken serious..where the govt get money to run the economy ? All citizens must support the Govt to enable them deliver dividends of democracy .
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by litaninja(m): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Chairman....these operators were out of business before this government took over.

Keneking:

Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by toidflex(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
What will i say am so so speechless!
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Simply put, the government of the day have no other plans on how to raise money apart from constantly increasing taxation.
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by Reference(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
I have no problem about this. It is a consumption tax. Saying operators close down because of this alone is not correct. It is only operators who cannot pass on the cost to their customers due to poor or uncompetitive products that will suffer. Nigerians should realise that in the absence of a real productive sector, taxation is one of the few areas left for government to mine. It is far better than oil reliance.
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by pimpo: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
Charly68:
Taxation is a very good way to raise the revenue bar of the nation..All over the world companies are being taxed ..The media hype against the new tax policy of the Govt should not be taken serious..where the govt get money to run the economy ? All citizens must support the Govt to enable them deliver dividends of democracy .
Where will you get the money to support the govt. to "run the economy"??
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by nextstep(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
How accurate are the numbers? How many of them are due to consolidation (i.e. one operator buys the other)
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by Dee60: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
This is what the likes of Sanusi and co are suggesting. That FG should tax more to reduce indebtedness. This is why FG is asking him to put the suggestion in writing. Because with one side of the mouth they push FG to more taxes, and with the other the accuse the FG of inflicting suffering.

This will be a bad move. Communications will suffer. People will call less. The economy will shrink further and FG will still earn less.

Our Finance Ministry is really non-performing. Why not look for how to lower costs so that people can invest and spend more and then you boost the economy. Will that not boost the revenue to FG? Why are we fixated on short term short cuts to success?

The telecoms companies grew on the back of lower call rates. Banks grew substantially when they started low cost special products, like low COT accounts.

Any further shrink can cause more harm. PMB beware of bad advices.
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by Dee60: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Charly68:

Listen to the other side of the story. Nigerian businesses are over-taxed. There is doubole and triple taxation every where. There must be fairness in taxation for it to make sense. Businesses will close if you overtax them. Then the poor will suffer more.

1 Like

Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by segebase(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

Reset to wat time? GEJ Era? It should better not be GEJ's administration, cos majority say they never wanted him. So they should reset back to 1985 or Abacha's regime, but not any of the 16years they claimed that PDP destroyed the economy.

Nigerians must enjoy APC by force especially the north and majority of the south west.

i didnt vote for any of dem .....guess we should all suffer it togeda
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by mchot(f): 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
Issorit. Continu
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by CoolAmbience(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
While I concede that multiple taxation is a challenge to investments and should be checked by government, I doubt that the extra taxes are significantly comparable to their investments in energy (diesel) to power and cool shelter cabins of thousands of BTS facilities, running into several billions in local currency, annually. Air conditioning alone accounts for between 40-60% of their total diesel costs. I recall proposing a globally proven system that guarantees 10% minimum reduction in diesel consumption and costs to the major telecom providers, which was ignored, even when we offered to execute zero cost pilot schemes, only payable for, upon meeting the set energy-saving deliverable level, plus a minimum of 10 years documented performance guaranty. I seriously think players in this sector have to look inwards, especially as it has to do with downsizing air conditioning and diesel costs. Global telecom giant, Telstra, has deployed the said technology and are benefiting hugely from it. We may be contacted via info@procorrsolutions.com or contactprocorr@gmail.com for further technical details.
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by mikolo80: 1:28am On Aug 27, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
to all these space bookers if you dont have anything to say, just read , close the page and move on...nairaland will not give u one kobo for FTC

To the topic this is quite unfortunate, i wonder why the APC govt are quick to emulate foreign taxes but choose to reject other foreign practices that are people friendly...why hasn't APC chieftains like Tinunbu called for part time legislation or reduction of law makers pay?

Why hasn't APC chieftains like John Oyegun called for the removal of contract staff in the telecommms sector and other sectors too?

It is unfair that we nigerians are forced to pay taxes like oyinbo , obey laws like oyinbo..but we are deprived of oyinbo infrastructure..thank God calabar has made street hawking legal..at least some people are facing realities
because you the people, the voters refused to ask for it effectively. Not by mouth but through concerted action
Re: Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down by ideology(m): 4:02am On Aug 27, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / Best Nigerian Bank? / CBN Injects Another $100 Million Into Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.