Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Proper Computer Maintenance You Need To Know! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Proper Computer Maintenance You Need To Know! (1648 Views)

Computer Repairs And Maintenance ⛑ / I Need A Proper Gaming Laptop / Computer Diagnostics, Maintenance And Repair Free Classess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proper Computer Maintenance You Need To Know! by EronsCollins(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
In order to enjoy your computer for a long time, you will need to need a Proper Computer Maintenance. There are several things that will damage the sensitive components. This section will describe several sources of danger.

HEAT/MOISTURE/DIRT

Some of the most damaging things happen to a computer when it gets too hot, water condenses on it or dirt gets in it.

Heat has sent many computers to an early grave. You might wonder, there aren't very many moving parts in a computer, so how could heat damage it? The computer components use chips which are little pieces of silicon crystal.

These things are like shards of glass. As the chips heat up and cool, they expand and contract like metal. Each time they expand and contract, the crystal weakens and eventually fragments. With adequate cooling, the expansion/contraction is reduced to tolerable levels.

To help proper cooling, ensure the following:

Unlike a lot of mechanical equipment, computers are very sensitive to dirt and moisture even a little bit can do quite a bit of damage. There are several computer covers which will help you protect your computer when not in use.

However, (with the exception of keyboard covers) you will want to be sure to completely remove the cover while powered otherwise, your computer will overheat. The computer can be exposed to moisture from various sources. The obvious sources are spills, rain, etc. and that is why all manufacturers recommend that the computer remain in the packaging and turned off until it is room temperature.

POWER

One of the understandable problems with computers and their sensitivity to electricity would be “How do I protect my computer's power?” In fact there are several additional issues here.

-There's a 12” space from the back of the computer to any surface.
-Nothing obstructs airflow out of the rear fan.
-Nothing obstructs airflow into the computer.
-The vents on the top of the monitor are unblocked.
-The air blown out of the back is cool.
-The computer housing should not get warm; the monitor will get warm but not hot.
-Make sure that the inside of the computer is cleaned every 1-2 years.

More @ http://bestawareness.com/proper-computer-maintenance/

Re: Proper Computer Maintenance You Need To Know! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
EronsCollins:
In order to enjoy your computer for a long time, you will need to need a Proper Computer Maintenance. There are several things that will damage the sensitive components. This section will describe several sources of danger.

HEAT/MOISTURE/DIRT

Some of the most damaging things happen to a computer when it gets too hot, water condenses on it or dirt gets in it.

Heat has sent many computers to an early grave. You might wonder, there aren't very many moving parts in a computer, so how could heat damage it? The computer components use chips which are little pieces of silicon crystal.

These things are like shards of glass. As the chips heat up and cool, they expand and contract like metal. Each time they expand and contract, the crystal weakens and eventually fragments. With adequate cooling, the expansion/contraction is reduced to tolerable levels.

To help proper cooling, ensure the following:

Unlike a lot of mechanical equipment, computers are very sensitive to dirt and moisture even a little bit can do quite a bit of damage. There are several computer covers which will help you protect your computer when not in use.

However, (with the exception of keyboard covers) you will want to be sure to completely remove the cover while powered otherwise, your computer will overheat. The computer can be exposed to moisture from various sources. The obvious sources are spills, rain, etc. and that is why all manufacturers recommend that the computer remain in the packaging and turned off until it is room temperature.

POWER

One of the understandable problems with computers and their sensitivity to electricity would be “How do I protect my computer's power?” In fact there are several additional issues here.

-There's a 12” space from the back of the computer to any surface.
-Nothing obstructs airflow out of the rear fan.
-Nothing obstructs airflow into the computer.
-The vents on the top of the monitor are unblocked.
-The air blown out of the back is cool.
-The computer housing should not get warm; the monitor will get warm but not hot.
-Make sure that the inside of the computer is cleaned every 1-2 years.

More @ http://bestawareness.com/proper-computer-maintenance/
How do I uncouple a latop so that I can clean it properly?

1 Like

Re: Proper Computer Maintenance You Need To Know! by EronsCollins(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
@MasterRah thank you for your comment. If you must do a proper cleaning of your laptop, especially the keyboard part it must be done with a soft brush while facing it downward. You can also unsrew the nuts to clean within but you must be care with this or possibly let a PC engin do this for you....Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Hp 15-ba009dx.15'6 Laptop Pc,4gb Ram/500 Gb Hdd / Digital Persona Biometric Scanner / Please Can I Get Acute Email Ids Production Engine.....pls Its Urgent Contact Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.