Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? (10201 Views)

I Feel Very Emotional About This News. Hmm, After 49 Years?? Unbelievable! Pics / Brief History Of Nigeria Between 1849-1960 Of Independence / My 49 Years Old Aunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by AkoEja: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2009
This topic is about what we have achieved compared to what it was when we were ruled by British colonialists. For the oldies in this forum, what positive changes have you seen? grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by banom(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2009
AkoEja:

This topic is about what we have achieved compared to what it was when we were ruled by British colonialists. For the oldies in this forum, what positive changes have you seen? grin

err, my brother, it is only a blind man that will not see the great achievements we have made so far,

We have made achievement as the highest 419 nation on earth,

We have made achievement as one of the most unstable nation on earth.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by AkoEja: 11:09am On Oct 01, 2009
]"err, my brother, it is only a blind man that will not see the great achievements we have made so far,

We have made achievement as one of the most unstable nation on earth. "

I am not surprised by your reply. Most Nigerians only see the negatives of Nigeria. Your conclusion is "Nigeria was better before independence than now"!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by hackney(m): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2009
I think this post is just to wind people up the more.
Welldone poster.

How can you be talking of achievement when we have been going backwards since independence.

Do you know that people are sacked from high offices in Nigeria because they are HONEST
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by franctony(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2009
thanx poster, at least this will make us see some other positives about nigeria. we have heard a lot about the negatives. i hope people will come up with some really nice and worth-commending things about our one and only nation. remember we dont have any other country to call our own. mama don born us already, we no fit denounce am
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by denony(m): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2009
I think as a nation we have achieved a lot of things
But our achievement is beyond the global expectation
Our leaders are making things look worst,
as their selfish and greedy interest is painting our image black in the eyes of the world
Nigeria is a great nation with corrupt leaders.

HAPPY 49TH
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by banom(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2009
franctony:

thanx poster, at least this will make us[b] see some other positives about nigeria[/b]. we have heard a lot about the negatives. i hope people will come up with some really nice and worth-commending things about our one and only nation. remember we dont have any other country to call our own. mama don born us already, we no fit denounce am

Like ?

The indefinite stay at home of our varsity students right ?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by femzy(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2009
@ Topic; Democracy cry
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Gamine(f): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2009
Which Independence undecided undecided

Is Pavlov's theory still not in full effect??
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by sammytb(m): 11:50am On Oct 01, 2009
Well Nigeria as a nation has really tried uno, we are still far behind
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2009
We gained strike
hungry is killing poor people but in every things we only said thank you[b] JESUS[/b][color=#550000][/color]
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by dearaijay(f): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2009
this is 49 years of disappointments, selfishness of corrupt leaders. who r busy makin money for their great great grand children who will spit at them n make reckless use of the wealth. 49 years of suffering n bondage for 99% of poor nigerians who year after year sell their rights at the altar of fake promises during elections at wateva level. 49 years of undampened hope for a few nigerians who still believe our change will cum! vote CHIKE STANLEY OBIAGWU & CHIDUBEM ANTHONY OBIAGWU for PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA cum  2031 & 2051! seriously ooo  cool wink
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by asha80(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2009
Well someone once said just before independence only about 5% of nigerians were educated but after independence it has rising to about maybe 60%.How this reflects on the general nigeria is left to be seen

At independence we had only about 5 univeristies.Now we 'can boast about over 60 universities'.

Nigerians are now more 'urbanized' than before independence.

A lot more nigerians can now speak english than before independence.

We are still 'united'

We are not fighting any war now meaning we still have 'peace'

We are the happiest country on earth.

We are very religiuos.

We gave peace to other african countries who were at war one time or the other.

we won the nations cup 2 times and olympics gold medal twice in 1996.

Damman miracle.

We qualified for our first world cup 1994.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Ibime(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2009
Phuck Naija!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by kabola2009(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
asha 80:

Well someone once said just before independence only about 5% of nigerians were educated but after independence it has rising to about maybe 60%.How this reflects on the general nigeria is left to be seen

At independence we had only about 5 univeristies.Now we 'can boast about over 60 universities'.

Nigerians are now more 'urbanized' than before independence.

A lot more nigerians can now speak english than before independence.

We are still 'united'

We are not fighting any war now meaning we still have 'peace'

We are the happiest country on earth.

We are very religiuos.

We gave peace to other african countries who were at war one time or the other.

Damman miracle.

Thank you pal, at least we shud learn to say some positive things about this great nation some times. Though, not quiet ok but we are happy people. Good people Great nation! God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Tanzos: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2009
denony:

I think as a nation we have achieved a lot of things
But our achievement is beyond the global expectation
Our leaders are making things look worst,
as their selfish and greedy interest is painting our image black in the eyes of the world
Nigeria is a great nation with corrupt leaders.

HAPPY 49TH

Yes o!
I couldnt agree with you more,we have achieved a lot like no electricity.
Its beyond global expectation that i have to be fueling the gen every single night without fail!

Seriously, i think every one in Nepa, PHCN or whatever new collabo canbe thought of from the minister to the apes who climb the poles should be put in a camp like Auschwitz, and given the service that follows. angry

Frigging basterds!

Hows about a whole lot of angry citizens as an achievement?

Youre very right!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by chosen04(f): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
franctony:

thanx poster, at least this will make us see some other positives about nigeria. we have heard a lot about the negatives. i hope people will come up with some really nice and worth-commending things about our one and only nation. remember we dont have any other country to call our own. mama don born us already, we no fit denounce am

Am now ready than ever to denounce my citizenship of nigeria. Just wish BELGIUM will accept me if not i will declare for MY BELOVED BIAFRA.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MUNEER2(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
Well, it's good to be realistic. Nigeria has gained nothing, and i mean nothing
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Smartdoy(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
So, nigeria is nw an adult (49 years) but still looks like a teenager nw! Well I d0ubt it c0s A FOOL @49 is likely (if care is nt taking) to be a fool 4EVA[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by kshow1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2009
asha 80:

At independence we had only about 5 univeristies.Now we 'can boast about over 60 universities'.====== SUB-STANDARDED

Nigerians are now more 'urbanized' than before independence.===== WITH NO INFRACSTRUCTURE IN PLACE

A lot more nigerians can now speak english than before independence.====== PIGIN ENGLISH

We are still 'united'====== RELIGIOUS WARS
We are not fighting any war now meaning we still have 'peace'===== TRIBAL WARS WITHIN COMMUNITIES

We are the happiest country on earth.====== SURFFERING AND SMILING
We are very religiuos.===== COS EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR A MIRACLE AT A WAY OUT OF POVERTY
We gave peace to other african countries who were at war one time or the other.====WITH NO PEACE IN OUR COUNTRY

Damman miracle.=====WITH OVERAGED PLAYERS

We have gained a lot in terms of promoting corruption
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by slimes(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
America at 49, wat was their achievement. Same goes for Germany and Great Britain. God bless Nigeria jo.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by tunyus(m): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2009
NOTHING
nigeria is still far more better when our colonial master are still around
than now when we are being rule by a group of selfish leader
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by talk2ahmed(m): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
A nation like Nigeria is a comedy at its best, I was petrified about the Happy Independence sms i got today 134 as of 11:45 am, and i wondered allowed "is the Great People, Great Nation Mantra beginning to work?", although i used to be a student unionist in my undergrad days . A distinction must be made about Nigeria(a nation with all it takes to b great, yet continues to waste its commonwealth and squander collective hope with reckless abandon) and Nigerians(as a resilient people and hardworking/determined humans who refuse to be cowed by global recesses or governments insensitivity, yet we remain the happiest by international evaluation-suffering and smilling as Fela opined)
On a reflective note, we are being recolonized by the cabal who have made this nation unworkable, driving us into poverty of ideas and economic deprivation; what happened to the egalitarian drms of Zik, the free education of Awo(note that even government secondary sch teachers in some Southwest states are on strike) and the brotherhood/leadership as personified by Sardauna,
Wither NiGeRiA at 49 ; the making of a failed Nation.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MUNEER2(m): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2009
slimes:

America at 49, wat was their achievement. Same goes for Germany and Great Britain. God bless Nigeria jo.

Well, you might be right, but have you forgotten that China achieved all they have today in just about 10 years. Why do we now sight inferior excuses to back up our bias intention? Let's just answer the question, what have we achieved at 49 years?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by becomrich15: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2009
Exchange new naira for N1 = 100 old naira to reduce inflation rate

At 49 years nigeria is a failure.

when we compare nigeria to other nation, we started with malaysia, Malaysia took its first palm kennel from Nigeria in the 60's. While 49 years after. Malaysia is far ahead of nigeria.

We failed because we are trying to manage a large population with too many problem. if we remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic would be ahead.  Malaysia is only 28 million. it is not the population, you need to develop , but the right type of leaders. we need to remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. You would be shock by what would happen to us.  see picture of malaysia after they took the palm kennel from nigeria.

Malaysia

Population
-  2009 estimate 28,310,000[1] (43rd)
-  2000 census 24,821,286 
-  Density 85.8/km2 (114th)
222.3/sq mi
GDP (PPP) 2008 estimate
-  Total $384.119 billion[2] 
-  Per capita $14,071[2] 
GDP (nominal) 2008 estimate
-  Total $222.219 billion[2] 

Nigeria

Population
-  2009 estimate 154,729,000[1] (8th)

GDP (PPP) 2008 estimate
-  Total $315.401 billion[2] 
-  Per capita $2,134[2] 
GDP (nominal) 2008 estimate
-  Total $214.403 billion[2] 

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/d0RoS3oREIabBul4OCILP02PhHH44OzCvojDSbRJS*CUSyWIKeTVs0qvBfIIl0dKVrTYUigr*d9DBa3xLhUilu2KQG6M6G2i/50SkylineOfKualaLumpur.jpg[/img]

We can not be comparing ourself with africa countries . we look at malaysia , morroco, algeria and tunisia which got independant about the same time as nigeria and compare ,  we are a failure.

Morocco   got its independant around the time of nigeria, 2 or 3 years ahead. This is the country now.

Tunisia got its independant around the time of nigeria,

[img]http://www.lapresse.tn/images/news/detail_news/55328[/img]

Algeria got its independant around the time of nigeria,

[img]http://visalgerie.site.voila.fr/150758547.jpg[/img]

Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by OvieE: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
Poster, you need a soul check. A nation were you do not know were you are heading is mad. Any leader who open is coward mouth to say anything about Independence day must be cannibal. Look at China who is just ten years ahead on Nigeria in achieving Independence, were is china today. Give Nigeria ten years if Nigerians can live in a high standard that Chinese are living today and give Nigeria ten years if they can host the Olympic games. Common under 17 world cup, some countries wanted to withdraw. NIGERIA ONLY GAIN MORE FOOLS DAY BY DAY.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by petres007(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
banom:

err, my brother, it is only a blind man that will not see the great achievements we have made so far,

We have made achievement as one of the most unstable nation on earth.

Chei! See free independece day comedy! ROFL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway its true sha. We've only regressed. I even wish those guys fit come back come colonise us sef! grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2009
the so-called independence for nigeria is actually a disaster for the vast majority of its citizenry.what i propose is that we invite the British back,and go into a confederation with them.Believe me,by 2019,the achievements of a decade will surpass whatever has been gained in the last 49 years.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by mustafar1: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2009
before independence we didnt have oil, now we do and it's killing the country.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
must_a_far:

before independence we didnt have oil, now we do and it's killing the country.

LOL.the oil was there even before mungo park landed
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by monopolist: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2009
We have gained 49 reasons why Religion, Military, Democracy and Capitalism can not work.

There is only one thing that works, and it will continue to work in every Nation that believes and practices it,

Nigeria Republic have been searching for it for 49 years, we are yet to find it
Communist China have been searching for it for 60 years, they are yet to find it

Even you have been searching for it since you are born

What is it that we are looking for?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by malele(m): 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
nigeria has a lot of minerals to make a country extra rich,but look at what is happening,
personally i think our leader are not human beings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu. / Joe Igbokwe: Tinubu Is The Most Qualified Presidential Hopeful For Nigeria / No Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye – Abuja Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.