Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. (15026 Views)

Items You Feel Embarrassed About When Buying. Share / Seven Ways To Reward Your Customers / Dollar Drops Below N400/$ For First Time In Seven Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by BobUg28(m): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Making your customers feel important is a tremendous step in building customer loyalty. How do you know what customers want in order to feel important? While each individual is different, there are six definitive ways you can make your customers feel important every time they interact with your business.

1. Know Your Customer's Name Know your customer! If you or your service team regularly meets customers face-to-face, then practice learning and memorizing names. Every time the customer returns to your place of business, they are greeted by name, making them feel like they are royalty.

2. Treat Each Customer as Your Best Customer Customers want to know they are valued by your business. No customer should be an interruption. They are the lifeline of your business and should always be treated as such. Train your service staff to give complete attention to a customer. Let the customer know that their needs are the most important item of business at this very moment.

3.Smile Genuinely Why is it so hard for some service professionals to smile? A dour-faced service professional will accomplish much less than one who is friendly. Be sure that you and your service staff practice giving a smile to every customer.

4. Resolve Issues Immediately If you have a customer with an issue, resolve it immediately. Nothing makes a customer feel valued and important than when you drop everything to solve their problem. Avoid saying, "I'll see what I can do." Sometimes it is necessary to get back to a customer at a later date, but if there is an immediate solution available, do it now.

5. Be Proactive Making customers feel important also means that you anticipate their needs. Do you know that Mrs. Smith likes to have a coffee waiting at her table? That Mr. Jones requires extra legroom? Think ahead of your customers. Know what your returning customers need are and be ready to meet them. Though you may not know all the needs of new customers, try your best to read them and anticipate what they may need. Do not be afraid to ask what else you can do to make them happier.

6. Say "Thank You" Your mother probably taught you this fundamental rule, and it is certainly good advice. Always say "thank you" and use the customer's name whenever possible. By acknowledging that you appreciate their patronage, your customers will know they are valued.

Valued customers are your loyal customers. Make the effort to make them feel important. With each positive impact you make on a customer, you will be rewarded - not only with their business, but by referrals and a reputation that precedes you.

7. Add yours.

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by sukkot: 6:46am On Aug 27, 2016
resist the urge to slap them even when they are being loquacious and belligerent

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by veekid(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2016
Buy them gift at the end of every year

7 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by mhisbliss(f): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2016
always apologize no matter who's wrong, the customer is always right thats why its the best time to start misbehaving so they'll beg you smiley

5 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Slimflame(m): 6:48am On Aug 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by edlion57(m): 6:49am On Aug 27, 2016
Tell ur sales girl to go and buy cokecola for ur customer and he will end up paying for the drink without knowing

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by mickyus4uyahoo(m): 6:49am On Aug 27, 2016
Be friendly. If possible connect with clients on Facebook, tweeter etc

3 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:49am On Aug 27, 2016
customer is always right that the symbol cool cool cool cool
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by ojay2053(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2016
Nice one
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Dullahi(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2016
7. Give free stuff but not too much

4 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by englishmart(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2016
Don't have one of your customers as your girlfriend o. She will devalue your valuables and make you an applicant.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by kaen1317: 6:51am On Aug 27, 2016
Dash them things na. Like one month free dstv subscription or vacation or mtn should dash 1500 credit or star lager beer should do buy-one-get-one free. You know we naija people like awoof. But no, these companies keep taking and taking our money and filling our inbox with useless unsolicited text messages

4 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Mimienudles(f): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2016
Be Polite
Don't over react when the opposite sex does otherwise. He can't take you away without your consent. Just be calm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by ChiSun27(m): 6:53am On Aug 27, 2016
Nice tips to serve as a fresh reminder...up you OP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by olowo72(m): 6:53am On Aug 27, 2016
8. celebrate them on their birth days...e.g banks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by kaen1317: 6:54am On Aug 27, 2016
Give me free goods and services. You can keep your courteous greetings to yourself

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 27, 2016
8. Be nicer to your customers even when your business is blooming with "customers.. know how to talk!

look at this scenario that happened to me way back..

Me -- madam I wan buy beans and bread

Food seller -- wait first,these people come before you..

Me -- But I have been here for the -- cuts in

Food seller - Mr man if you know u don't have patience to wait..go to the next shop/food stall!!

I left Angrily.. If her business starts to crumble now she'll blame it on the devil..

know how to treat customers well !

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Ajusshi: 6:56am On Aug 27, 2016
Try and genuinely fake honesty. () The world lives on pretence, help it along.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by golor(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2016
Always give their innovative opinion a thought......they might have seen similar business running that innovative method.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by fortunateice(m): 6:58am On Aug 27, 2016
Give more service than you are been paid for......

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by ChiSun27(m): 6:59am On Aug 27, 2016
sukkot:
resist the urge to slap them even when they are being loquacious and belligerent

My brother...there are some businesses you will handle....it will only take the special grace of God in you to overlook the tap running mouth of some clients...at times you will start to wonder how on earth are these customers always right...but for the business to keep on sailing smoothly, you just have to listen to their thrash and still offer your services while making them feel like Kings and Queens.

E no easy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by jazinogold(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2016
customer dadani...

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by chimaobinelson(m): 7:02am On Aug 27, 2016
this is an edge the igbo hold above every other tribe in nigerian..an average igbo man knows and apply all this,even without schooling..No doubt their business success

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Olasco93: 7:03am On Aug 27, 2016
7. Don't tell your customer's Husband/Wife that you saw the Husband/Wife with another Man/Woman, you might just devalue their marriage.
8. Don't pretend you don't have change when you do, making customer to forcefully use His/Her remaining change collect what he/she didn't plan to bye.
10. Always pray for your customers...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 27, 2016
the Jumia force wotk wey I do Don male me hate marketing patapata...some customers dey annoying! dem no ready to buy wetin dey wan buy o dem go dey ask you make you dey check the price for him...check first one..talk No..check second one...e too expensive... till e go reach like 20thing wey you don check before the man see wetin e wan buy..... OYA PAY o...hmmm I wiil see you @ the of the month *tears* why!!!!!?!

2 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by snezBaba: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2016
Upon everything the customer that will still do this will do it.....

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by dunkem21(m): 7:10am On Aug 27, 2016
A simple "thank you" .. "you go sell o" .. brings back my customers again and again like magic cool

Kudos OP

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Adonis3: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2016
B
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Coldfeets: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2016
Nice points.

They say one of the reasons why Nigerians don't do business very well is because they are more after filling their own pockets than getting customers' satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by RoyalRoy(m): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2016
Never ever raise your voice against a customer ni matter how annoying they are. The more composed you are, the better your brand!!

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by RoyalRoy(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2016
chimaobinelson:
this is an edge the igbo hold above every other tribe in nigerian..an average igbo man knows and apply all this,even without schooling..No doubt their business success

Not all, most will knowingly sell you inferior goods for the price of the real one and once u go back to complain they never, ever make any ammend. Their intention is to cheat you all along.

Na one chance be that!!

8 Likes

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by lollmaolol(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2016
Plus some customers are very hard to please.

They always want to speak with the superior.[b][/b] grin

Olasco93:
8. Don't pretend you don't have change when you do, making customer to forcefully use His/Her remaining change collect what he/she didn't plan to bye.

I love this

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Seeks Sweeping Powers To Seize Foreign Currency / Cyber Cafe Set Up Tips / Federal Mortgage Bank Of Nigeria In Crisis Over Appointment Of Richard Esin As A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.