Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu (23062 Views)

Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / Rotimi Akeredolu Is Ondo Governor-Elect - Punch / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 4:29am On Aug 27, 2016
ONE of the leading governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Congress APC in Ondo state, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu yesterday lashed the national leader of the party Asiwaju Bola Tinubu on his endorsement of an aspirant ahead of the Primaries.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and All Progressive Congress APC in Ondo state, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu
He pointedly said that ‎with the action of Tinubu he has lost his place as a national leader of the party.

This coming as ‎the National Executive Committee NEC of the Party for second time within a week again postponed the governorship primaries in the state till September 3.

The governorship primaries was initially slated for ‎today but later shifted to Wednesday August 31 before the latest postponement by the NEC of the party.

Akeredolu spoke in Akure during a personality interview tagged ” Heart of the Matter” on Adaba FM station.

‎Speaking during the radio programmee monitored, Akeredolu declared that ‎”for the national leader to have endorsed any candidate in our party he has lost the place of National leader of the party”

He regretted that Tinubu ” has never kept his words”

The aspirants also ‎denied that he was imposed on other aspirants during the 2012 governorship primaries in the state.

According to him ” I was endorsed by God in 2012 , not by Tinubu. All stakeholders decided I should be the candidate.

Meanwhile, the party attributed the changes in the dates to logistic problems but Vanguard gathered that there are more to it than meet the eyes.

Vanguard learnt that a high level politicking was ongoing to douse the tension that had enveloped the party in the last two weeks over the endorsement of Dr Olusegun Abraham by the national leader of the party Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

A source hinted that consultation was ongoing between Tinubu and many of the aspirants on the need to support Abraham to fly the flag of the Party in the November 26 governorship election.

Over 3000 delegates across the 18 council areas of the state are expected to elect one of the 25 aspirants contesting for the position.

Confirming the latest chang‎e in the date of the primaries, the party’s Director of Media and Publicity Steve Otaloro said the new date was at the instance of the NEC of the state.

Otaloro pointed out that the change ” was still part of the logistic problem the party is trying to solve”

He declined further clarifications.

Meanwhile, the governorship aspirants have expressed mixed feeling over the shift of the primaries.

Speaking through their media aides , the aspirants expressed surprise at the decision which came few days to the election.

While Prof Ajayi Boroffice said ‎the shift came as a surprise, others such as Olusola Oke and Alhaji Jamiu Ekungba said since it was the decision of the NEC, they had no choice.

Boroffice spoke through‎ his media aide kayode Fakuyi,Okespokethrough Rotimi Ogunleye‎ while Ekungba spoke through Tunde Olowu.

Source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/tinubu-never-kept-words/

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 4:30am On Aug 27, 2016
True or false

All the members of npdp had to grab their share by force, Amaechi was promised vice presidential post, later to SGF, if not for the dollars he spent Buhari for no even remember am.

Atiku, nothing

Saraki - had to get speakership through the backdoor, and still battling to keep it.

Pat Utomi, Oby, Soludo were all used to antagonize GEJ, least I forget, they are members of 5% Community cheesy all left with nothing

If true click like or false click share grin

Happy weekend, have fun kiss

148 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by GoggleB(m): 4:42am On Aug 27, 2016
The battle line has been drawn now. Let's see who goes through

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by GoggleB(m): 4:43am On Aug 27, 2016
ideology:
True or false

All the members of npdp had to grab their share by force, Amaechi was promised vice presidential post, later to SGF, if not for the dollars he spent Buhari for no even remember am.

Atiku, nothing

Saraki - had to get speakership through the backdoor, and still battling to keep it.

Pat Utomi, Oby, Soludo were all used to antagonize GEJ, least I forget, they are members of 5% Community cheesy all left with nothing

Stop asking for cheap likes grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by bonechamberlain(m): 4:46am On Aug 27, 2016
Hmmmm, coming from akederolu, this is wonderful. Gradually these people are becoming free.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 4:48am On Aug 27, 2016
GoggleB:
Stop asking for cheap likes grin
i no want carry last ooo

Lest I forget, Am FTC grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by Eboski(m): 4:50am On Aug 27, 2016
Oga do the needful like what Saraki did,In all elections Tinubu always have he prefer candidate, someone he can work with to loot the state and be royal to him.
maybe he don't trust you that why you are not his prefer candidate in Ondo state primary election.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 4:52am On Aug 27, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Hmmmm, coming from akederolu, this is wonderful. Gradually these people are becoming free.
I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT TINUBU WILL DESTROY APC WITH HIS BARE HANDS,

NIGERIA IS NOT LAGOS

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideykwum: 4:52am On Aug 27, 2016
ideology:

ONE of the leading governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Congress APC in Ondo state, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu yesterday lashed the national leader of the party Asiwaju Bola Tinubu on his endorsement of an aspirant ahead of the Primaries.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and All Progressive Congress APC in Ondo state, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu
He pointedly said that ‎with the action of Tinubu he has lost his place as a national leader of the party.

This coming as ‎the National Executive Committee NEC of the Party for second time within a week again postponed the governorship primaries in the state till September 3.

The governorship primaries was initially slated for ‎today but later shifted to Wednesday August 31 before the latest postponement by the NEC of the party.

Akeredolu spoke in Akure during a personality interview tagged ” Heart of the Matter” on Adaba FM station.

‎Speaking during the radio programmee monitored, Akeredolu declared that ‎”for the national leader to have endorsed any candidate in our party he has lost the place of National leader of the party”

He regretted that Tinubu ” has never kept his words”

The aspirants also ‎denied that he was imposed on other aspirants during the 2012 governorship primaries in the state.

According to him ” I was endorsed by God in 2012 , not by Tinubu. All stakeholders decided I should be the candidate.

Meanwhile, the party attributed the changes in the dates to logistic problems but Vanguard gathered that there are more to it than meet the eyes.

Vanguard learnt that a high level politicking was ongoing to douse the tension that had enveloped the party in the last two weeks over the endorsement of Dr Olusegun Abraham by the national leader of the party Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

A source hinted that consultation was ongoing between Tinubu and many of the aspirants on the need to support Abraham to fly the flag of the Party in the November 26 governorship election.

Over 3000 delegates across the 18 council areas of the state are expected to elect one of the 25 aspirants contesting for the position.

Confirming the latest chang‎e in the date of the primaries, the party’s Director of Media and Publicity Steve Otaloro said the new date was at the instance of the NEC of the state.

Otaloro pointed out that the change ” was still part of the logistic problem the party is trying to solve”

He declined further clarifications.

Meanwhile, the governorship aspirants have expressed mixed feeling over the shift of the primaries.

Speaking through their media aides , the aspirants expressed surprise at the decision which came few days to the election.

While Prof Ajayi Boroffice said ‎the shift came as a surprise, others such as Olusola Oke and Alhaji Jamiu Ekungba said since it was the decision of the NEC, they had no choice.

Boroffice spoke through‎ his media aide kayode Fakuyi,Okespokethrough Rotimi Ogunleye‎ while Ekungba spoke through Tunde Olowu.

Source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/tinubu-never-kept-words/

Why is this coming as a surprise? A leopard cannot change it's spots!! Tinubu has never had integrity, did you expect him to learn to eat with his left hand at an old age?

Like the man said to the other "disappointed" fella, if it had favoured you again this time, you'd had gladly ignored his non-existent democratic credentials and hailed him as the father of modern Nigerian politics.

Park well jare!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by bodmasfem(m): 4:53am On Aug 27, 2016
it is now I know that vanguard can fabricate pure lie. I listened to the program, akeredolu did not even mention anything like Tinubu. Na wa o!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2016
ideykwum:

Why is this coming as a surprise? A leopard cannot change it's spots!! Tinubu has never had integrity, did you expect him to learn to eat with his left hand at an old age?

Like the man said to the other "disappointed" fella, if it had favoured you again this time, you'd had gladly ignored his non-existent democratic credentials and hailed him as the father of modern Nigerian politics.

Park well jare!

Tinubu had always been that way right from AD to APC, and they know it.

I wonder why they are complaining now …

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 4:57am On Aug 27, 2016
bodmasfem:
it is now I know that vanguard can fabricate pure lie. I listened to the program, akeredolu did not even mention anything like Tinubu. Na wa o!
tell us your version

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by agarawu23(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2016
[s]
ideology:
True or false

Atiku, nothing

[/s] would have "liked" if you know anything about politics tongue

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ovieigho(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2016
Many of TInubu' s beneficiaries are beginning to hate him just at the moment I started falling in love with him ,casting my mind back on the calibre of people he has 'imposed' or endorsed in recent times I think they have not disappointed,let's give it to the JAGABAN. Ondo people just like what Mary told the disciples of JESUS Christ whatever he ask you to do ,do it. So pls do whatever tinubu says grin grin so far so good am enjoying ambo in Lagos.. tongue

29 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by agarawu23(m): 5:00am On Aug 27, 2016
You can't rubbish jagaban Mr akeredolu
That nigga doesn't gv a fvck about your wailing.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 5:01am On Aug 27, 2016
agarawu23:
[s][/s] would have "liked" if you know anything about politics tongue

I no nothing except the fact that politicians are masquerades cheesy

I have warned my daughters

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by agarawu23(m): 5:02am On Aug 27, 2016
ideology:

I no nothing except the fact that politicians are masquerades cheesy
really grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 5:06am On Aug 27, 2016
agarawu23:
really grin
yes Oo

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by VampireeM(f): 5:20am On Aug 27, 2016
[size=14pt]i'm not a fan of Tinubu but I think Chief Rotimi Akeredolu is just pained because he was not the one endorsed by BAT! abi is he feigning ignorance about BAT style of leadership He should go struggle it out with others during their APC primaries and if booted out can as well join another party and prove his credibility after all everyone knows Naija politician are political prostitutes undecided [/size]

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by Babatundecash(m): 5:48am On Aug 27, 2016
bodmasfem:
I swear say vanguard news paper fall my hand big time....during the programme on Adaba FM,Aketi never accused Tinubu or called him names......I know some desperate politicians are just looking for ways to get Aketi out of the race#I was GRA at Aketi residence for a meeting yesterday and He denied accusing Tinubu.....vanguard abeg fear God nowww!!! For others posting rubish here.....AKETI has already denied saying things of such on premiumtimes newspaper......OWO agbe wa ooo!!! Aketi all the way.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by otukpo(f): 6:00am On Aug 27, 2016
And to think that tinubu is a god to some people.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by omogin(f): 6:06am On Aug 27, 2016
Because him no choose you now. Park well and be loyal to your godfather
Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by seunmsg(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2016
False report from vanguard. Akeredolu already denied making this statement.

A former president of the Nigeria Bar Association, and now governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress APC in Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has denied making unsavory statements against the former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu.

Mr. Tinubu is a national leader of the APC.

Mr. Akeredolu said he did not insult the APC leader over the alleged imposition of candidate on the party.

In statement on Friday, Mr. Akeredolu said comments making the rounds on social media quoting him as insulting some leaders of the party were untrue.

“My attention has been drawn to some stories making the rounds especially on the social media linking me with some ridiculous comments and incendiary quotes on the purported endorsement of candidates in the governorship primary,” he said.

“Those who know my antecedents will attest to the fact that I am a  man of courage.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I did not insult any of our national leaders in APC, especially Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as quoted mischievously in the social media.”

According to him, he stood by the assurances given by the leaders of the party that there would be free and fair primary.

“What is happening in Ondo state right now is that some leaders are using the name of Asiwaju Tinubu to cause confusion; claiming that he had given them money to work for a particular aspirant,” Mr. Akeredolu said.

“Anybody doing such cannot be described as a leader. Asiwaju Tinubu’s last communication on Ondo State Governorship primary was that there will be free and fair primary.”

Mr. Akeredolu warned desperate politicians to stop causing confusion with Tinubu’s name.

On his emergence as the candidate of Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in 2012 governorship election, Mr. Akeredolu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, said the present scenario was different from what occurred in 2012.

“Again, politicians are using my emergence in 2012 to justify the alleged endorsement of a particular aspirant,” he said.

“For the record, I wasn’t imposed in 2012. The ACN didn’t conduct primary in 2012. All the aspirants submitted ourselves to the selection process of the party and I was selected. Not imposed.

“Nobody bought nomination forms. We all agreed to abide by the decision of the leadership of ACN. That was exactly what happened. It was a collective decision of all leaders including serving  and former governors of the progressive family in the south west.

“It is unfair to use the 2012 scenario to justify the present situations where aspirants have obtained nomination forms.

“All said and done, I have implicit confidence in our party’s leadership to conduct credible primar,” he said.

Mr. Akeredolu urged the public  to disregard any unsavoury statement credited to him.

The crisis emanating from the endorsement has led to the sacking the Chairman of the party in the state party chairman, Isaac Kekemeke.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/209380-im-a-man-of-courage-but-i-didnt-insult-tinubu-akeredolu.html

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by ideology(m): 7:54am On Aug 27, 2016
Babatundecash:
I swear say vanguard news paper fall my hand big time....during the programme on Adaba FM,Aketi never accused Tinubu or called him names......I know some desperate politicians are just looking for ways to get Aketi out of the race#I was GRA at Aketi residence for a meeting yesterday and He denied accusing Tinubu.....vanguard abeg fear God nowww!!! For others posting rubish here.....AKETI has already denied saying things of such on premiumtimes newspaper......OWO agbe wa ooo!!! Aketi all the way.
when the nation and premiumtimes published their poo you rejoice

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by SMARTKOSSY: 8:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Hmmmm are you trying to say he's a green snake in a green grass undecided
Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by HERSLEY(f): 8:05am On Aug 27, 2016
Audible 2d deaf..... Well said
Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by SMARTKOSSY: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2016
seunmsg:
False report from vanguard. Akeredolu already denied making this statement.

A former president of the Nigeria Bar Association, and now governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress APC in Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has denied making unsavory statements against the former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu.

Mr. Tinubu is a national leader of the APC.

Mr. Akeredolu said he did not insult the APC leader over the alleged imposition of candidate on the party.

In statement on Friday, Mr. Akeredolu said comments making the rounds on social media quoting him as insulting some leaders of the party were untrue.

“My attention has been drawn to some stories making the rounds especially on the social media linking me with some ridiculous comments and incendiary quotes on the purported endorsement of candidates in the governorship primary,” he said.

“Those who know my antecedents will attest to the fact that I am a  man of courage.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I did not insult any of our national leaders in APC, especially Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as quoted mischievously in the social media.”

According to him, he stood by the assurances given by the leaders of the party that there would be free and fair primary.

“What is happening in Ondo state right now is that some leaders are using the name of Asiwaju Tinubu to cause confusion; claiming that he had given them money to work for a particular aspirant,” Mr. Akeredolu said.

“Anybody doing such cannot be described as a leader. Asiwaju Tinubu’s last communication on Ondo State Governorship primary was that there will be free and fair primary.”

Mr. Akeredolu warned desperate politicians to stop causing confusion with Tinubu’s name.

On his emergence as the candidate of Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in 2012 governorship election, Mr. Akeredolu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, said the present scenario was different from what occurred in 2012.

“Again, politicians are using my emergence in 2012 to justify the alleged endorsement of a particular aspirant,” he said.

“For the record, I wasn’t imposed in 2012. The ACN didn’t conduct primary in 2012. All the aspirants submitted ourselves to the selection process of the party and I was selected. Not imposed.

“Nobody bought nomination forms. We all agreed to abide by the decision of the leadership of ACN. That was exactly what happened. It was a collective decision of all leaders including serving  and former governors of the progressive family in the south west.

“It is unfair to use the 2012 scenario to justify the present situations where aspirants have obtained nomination forms.

“All said and done, I have implicit confidence in our party’s leadership to conduct credible primar,” he said.

Mr. Akeredolu urged the public  to disregard any unsavoury statement credited to him.

The crisis emanating from the endorsement has led to the sacking the Chairman of the party in the state party chairman, Isaac Kekemeke.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/209380-im-a-man-of-courage-but-i-didnt-insult-tinubu-akeredolu.html
Team vanguard

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by DIKEnaWAR: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2016
Nigerian politicians are worse than hoes. Tinubu was not bad when he imposed Akeredolu, until he decided to impose another person.

The only person I pity in this whole drama is Prof Ajayi Borrofice, who has been campaigning since. At least, he should be given the opportunity to lose gallantly at the primaries, devoid of wuruwuru.
Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by Lukmann1: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2016
Tinubu have always be a crook, politicians and their way of deceive innocent people are what is made this country to got worst.
Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by pafygodo: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2016
In 2012 ACN gubernatorial primary election in Ondo state, many aspirants had to defect to other parties on the ground that there was a grand plan to impose akeredolu.
No primary election was done then because the accusations made by the aggrieved defected members came to pass. If his selection then were to be based on concensus agreement as akeredolu is now claiming , no aspirant would have defected. Then, to akeredolu, Bola Tinubu was a respected leader and someone who kept his words.
Once a level playing field is ensured and every aspirant is allowed to test his or her popularity, the candidate that is eventually emerged must be acceptable to everybody in the forthcoming APC primaries election.
As a matter of fact, the emergence of Chief Akeredolu as 2012 ACN gubernatorial candidate was a good example of imposition.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu by HRich(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2016
Ok, we know that already

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Ban Plastic Bags, Sachet Water / Governor Obaseki Sacks Lawrence Loye As Permanent Secretary / Ambode Visits Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Enugu State Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.