Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa (3675 Views)

25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa as at 2011 / Transparent Animals You Never Knew Were In Existence! / 15 Mind Blow Facts I Bet You Never Knew About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2016
25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa !

1. Gambia has only one university.

2. Equatorial G uinea is Africa’s only Spanish-speaking country.

3. South Africa is the most visited African country.

4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in
Africa.

5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballerof all time, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011.

6. A person from Botswana is called a
Motswana, the plural is Batswana.

7. A person from Lesotho is called a Mosotho.

8. A person from Niger is called a Nigerien. A person from Burkina Faso is called a Burkinabe.

9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.

10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of them are Masters.

11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in
Africa.

12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goal scorer in European competition.

13. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city in Africa.

14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for
Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are already many players like him in the team.

15. President Jacob Zuma was once a referee
in prison.

16. President Robert Mugabe was jailed for 11 years for fighting for freedom.

17. President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born 1924.

18. The Seychellois are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%)
Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%).

19. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than England and USA.

20. Somalia got its first ATM on October 7,2014.

21. South Africa has the most Grammy Award winners in Africa.

22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.

23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China's.

24. Eritrea’s President, Isaiah Afwerki is the least richest President in Africa.

25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country.

culled from http://www.africanpoint.tk

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by MrOlihilistic: 6:42am On Aug 27, 2016
tongue I knew then sir.
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2016
i knew all this ish
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by haconjy(m): 8:48am On Aug 27, 2016
I knew nighty Percent... check here for what you don't know www.schoolhelp.com.ng
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by nakwe(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2016
I knew most of them before.
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by BlackSeptember: 11:04am On Aug 27, 2016
The one non of you knew is this

7 Likes

Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by pwettiejay(f): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2016
Nice!
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by piperson(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2016
I knew all

durRhhh undecided
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2016
BlackSeptember:
The one non of you knew is this
jeez... what do you mean @the last pic
lolllllllllzzzz
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Anointedashawo(f): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
THE COIN

"You gain a magic coin that can grant wishes, but only if you flip it. If it lands on heads, your wish is granted, but if it lands on tails, the opposite of your wish happens."

Full story
https://www.nairaland.com/3313240/coin-short-story
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Atake14(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
nakwe:
I knew most of them before.
including dat nigeria has won more cup dan england?
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Atake14(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
cute stuff

Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by benueguy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
See dem up there dey claim sabinus. As if una know am b4. Why una no post?
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by nakwe(m): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
Atake14:
including dat nigeria has won more cup dan england?
Nah
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Dreyl(m): 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
Mugabe has 7 degrees and his country economy has sank many years ago, so what's the use of the 7 degrees?
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by abeloureal(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
Rapsowdee01:
i knew all this ish

You knew them and you couldn't share them? Huh? Anyways, you've know a little rubbish cos Gambia now has American University of west Africa. I bet you don't know this. Do you? Mr know it all.
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Opistorincos(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
This piece is very informative
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Rapsowdee01(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
abeloureal:

You knew them and you couldn't share them? Huh? Anyways, you've know a little rubbish cos Gambia now has American University of west Africa. I bet you don't know this. Do you? Mr know it all.

Aww... sorry to disappoint you, i'm actually working on a project about Africa and Ghana and Gambia are my major ! so i know that... tell me another one mr. vexer
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by sinaj(f): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Dreyl:
Mugabe has 7 degrees and his country economy has sank many years ago, so what's the use of the 7 degrees?
sunk

1 Like

Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by sinaj(f): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Wow quite informative, gotta save this page
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Dreyl(m): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
sinaj:
sunk
That's a typo from my keyboard, i meant sunk, anyway thanks for the correction.
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by sinaj(f): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
Dreyl:
That's a typo from my keyboard, i meant sunk, anyway thanks for the correction.
u r welcome nonso diobu smiley
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by ademiD(f): 5:40am On Aug 28, 2016
highly informative

1 Like

Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2016
Beautiful one, op.

I thought Ethiopia was never colonised; so, I'm kind of confused as to what or who they gained their independence from. @No. 25.
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by Dreyl(m): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2016
sinaj:
u r welcome nonso diobu smiley
Lol.,i don't even know the person you are talking about.
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by 9jaBloke: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2016
abdegenius:

22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.

23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China's.

25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country.

Ethiopia is actually a very interesting country:

Widely considered as the site of the emergence of Homo Sapiens.

The most populous landlocked country in the world.

The 2nd most populous African country.

The only African country that successfully resisted colonization.

A founding member and the 1st Independent African member of the UN

The country with the most UNESCO World heritage sites in Africa

The ruling house of Ethiopia can trace its ancestry to the biblical King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

A Former Emperor- Haile Selassie is worshipped by about 4 million people around the world who make up the rastafari movement.

1 Like

Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by oliidell(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2016
Quite informative. Learnt some new stuff.

Oga lalasticlala
Re: 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa by lollmaolol(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2016
pwettiejay:
Nice!

SA most visited in Africa? Nice to know

(1) (Reply)

Apply For University Of Leicester Scholarship Scheme For Intn'l Students In 2018 / Deeper Life's Pastor Kumuyi Builds N1b Anchor University Campus / Top 10 Most Expensive Things In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.