Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) (47470 Views)

Obasanjo Warning Letter To President Buhari: 6 Areas Obasanjo Scored Buhari Low / NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies / Stop Wasting Money On Search For Oil In The North - Zainab Hassan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by dave1614: 6:58am On Aug 27, 2016
NNPC director Baru advised investors where to search oil in Nigeria – He listed six areas where there are prospects of oil and gas in the country Oil in NE Dr. Maikanti Baru, the group managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has listed six areas where the government of Muhammadu Buhari is searching for oil.

Mr Baru was speaking while receiving the leadership of National Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) led by its national president Nosa Omorodion in Abuja on August 25, Thursday.

He advised the association to explore the hydrocarbon potentials of green frontier basins in six areas in order to increase the reducing reserves in the country. Baru stated that the Nigerian authorities would be willing to make provisions for inducements for such prospective investors.

The areas where there are prospects of oil and gas listed by NNPC director are:

1. The Chad Basin,
2. Anambra,
3. Bida,
4. Dahomey,
5. Gongola/Yola
6. Benue Trough

He further advised NAPE to play a key role in endorsing public private partnership in the exploration of some of the green frontier basins. On his own part, Omorodion, the president of NAPE, felicitated with the GMD on his appointment, saying that NAPE would confer on him a honourary membership award which was the highest award from the association due to his outstanding track records in the Nigerian oil and gas industry in November this year.

Following President Buhari’s order, the exploration of crude oil has officially started in the north-east of Nigeria two weeks ago.

https://www.naij.com/944306-see-6-areas-president-buhari-searching-oil-nigeria-list.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by QuotaSystem: 7:04am On Aug 27, 2016
I like how he threw in the 5% for balance wink

Things are changing. The North must become self sufficient and diversification into oil, agriculture and our solid minerals is the way to go. It's for the good of the entire country.

God bless the President.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by feldido(m): 7:13am On Aug 27, 2016
Oil is becoming irrelevant they said angry

6 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by kettykin: 7:15am On Aug 27, 2016
And some people will think this man is not preparing for the eventual disintegration of Nigeria is

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by chefremy(m): 7:15am On Aug 27, 2016
it dosnt stop nigerians to farm and gain money...at least it is an advantage to us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Doug07034780891(m): 7:15am On Aug 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:
I like how he threw in the 5% for balance wink Things are changing.

Did you not see Anambra basin there? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by eshietIntrepid(m): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2016
Tribal warlord
Why not search in duara

Presidents buhari desperate search for oil in the north east shows that no tribe from the north really desire Nigeria to remain one if they can take care of all their needs, I pray u find what u fine looking for so we can all rest.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by izzou(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2016
I pray we don't see it. And those that have, may it dry up in Jesus name. Amen

You better ask me why I said that before you quote me unnecessarily
cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by QuotaSystem: 7:20am On Aug 27, 2016
Doug07034780891:

Do you have comprehension issues cheesy?

Wisdom8033:
This is diversification? Nawa.....

Yes. Diversification does not mean abandoning your current revenue earner, but exploring and developing other revenue sources in case any of them is adversely affected so you can rely on another for sustenance during hard times.

The northern core revenue earner is agriculture (food products, leather, cash crops) and we are diversifying into oil, while that of the South is oil so it should diversify into agriculture and other sources. That is diversification.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by MalcoImX: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2016
'member one of Buhari's speeches where he said nobody or group should be left to hold Nigeria to ransom.
//
Oil in one of these places and scavengers will be eating ice cream.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 27, 2016
This is diversification? Nawa.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by newbornmacho(m): 7:24am On Aug 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:
I like how he threw in the 5% for balance wink Things are changing.

You do know that statement is patronizing don't you? Despite our being on opposite sides of the political divide I still see you as a mature voice. This condescending statement is uncalled for.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by AnambraDota: 7:25am On Aug 27, 2016
Oil have been found in Anambra, Buhari should carry his ill luck face Northward abeg.

Anambra State doesn't look like where Buhari is presiding because everybody is too busy to notice the rickety and antiquated old haggard

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Doug07034780891(m): 7:26am On Aug 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Were you not making reference to the 5%?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Aufbauh(m): 7:28am On Aug 27, 2016
kettykin:
And some people will think this man is not preparing for the eventual disintegration of Nigeria is

Make Una forget all these Una trashy thought of disintegration cos in the next 5 years to come if God keep us, you and I will still be in this same country as a united Nigeria.
Na so country dey disintegrate one afternoon for your mind or because jona lose election.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Flexherbal(m): 7:43am On Aug 27, 2016
May they find the oil that they are searching for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by PEPPERified: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2016
Doug07034780891:

Buhari is not searching, and has never searched for oil in Anambra State.
Oil was long discovered and the exploration company Orient Petroleum was commissioned by Jonathan in 2014.
As a matter of Fact, a league of Anambra businessmen are Siting Nigeria's first private refinery in Anambra state.

31 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Doug07034780891(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2016
Maybe Bubu is searching in another location in Anambra basin that implies the reason Anambra is mentioned.

PEPPERified:

Buhari is not searching, and has never searched for oil in Anambra State.
Oil was long discovered and the exploration company Orient Petroleum was commissioned by Jonathan in 2014.
As a matter of Fact, a league of Anambra businessmen are Siting Nigeria's first private refinery in Anambra state.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by abdulwastecx(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Yes. Diversification does not mean abandoning your current revenue earner, but exploring and developing other revenue sources in case any of them is adversely affected so you can rely on another for sustenance during hard times.

The northern core revenue earner is agriculture (food products, leather, cash crops) and we are diversifying into oil, while that of the South is oil so it should diversify into agriculture and other sources. That is diversification.

Crude oil exploration and peasant farming are not the kind of diversification we want in this age....

Nigeria can never developed depending on commodities alone, we need strong manufacturing, mining and services sector to developed and all these sectors requires massive investment in infrastructure development.

Instead of endless search for oil why can't we have policies in place to revived the textile industries in the north, create small industrial Park model after earlier East Asian models, spend up to 60% of our budget on capital expenditures like the Ethiopians etc

25 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by abdulwastecx(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
Tribal warlord
Why not search in duara

Presidents buhari desperate search for oil in the north east shows that no tribe from the north really desire Nigeria to remain one if they can take care of all their needs, I pray u find what u fine looking for so we can all rest.

It is really pathetic that we have leaders that lack foresight in governors... Oil is becoming irrelevant, how do you want a country of almost 200million to survive on oil revenue of less than 20billion dollars when country like Ethiopia are making over 5 billion dollars from exportation of rose flower to Europe alone.

The real diversification should gear towards unlocking our industrial and commercial potential. I expect a serious government should declare a state of emergency in rail construction, cities like onitsha, Lagos, port Harcourt, ibadan, enugu, aba, nzuka, kaduna, Abuja, kano, etc should be linked with good railway network to aid Commerce and industrialization. I expect the count to declare a state of emergency on power, create small industrial parks, make loan accessible to small scale entrepreneurs, change land use act so that people can get land easily for commercial agriculture purpose

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by BlackSeptember: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:
I like how he threw in the 5% for balance wink

Things are changing. The North must become self sufficient and diversification into oil, agriculture and our solid minerals is the way to go. It's for the good of the entire country.

God bless the President.

The North will discover more groundnut oil in large quantities

16 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by BlackSeptember: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2016
Aufbauh:

Make Una forget all these Una trashy thought of disintegration cos in the next 5 years to come if God keep us, you and I will still be in this same country as a united Nigeria.
Na so country dey disintegrate one afternoon for your mind or because jona lose election.
speak for yourself

2 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Mrsbennye: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2016
Ok
Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Addicted2Women: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2016
My father told me that Buhari is naturally ignorant but i thought my father smoke Indian weed that day.

How can you still be searching for oil when a cup of garri is costlier than a barrel of oil.

If i tell my goat to go search for oil, he go carry me mental institution make them chain me

11 Likes

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by abumeinben(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2016
Why can't these people just believe that oil is dying, data/tech is rising. Information is the next oil.

If they search for arable lands, steel, youths with ideas, local manufacturers etc the way they're searching for oyeh, the whole economy would be touched.

Japan, South Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Spain...these countries got not oyeh, however, they're top performers.

I'm not saying they should not explore oil. But what is the motive? Has oyeh in the Delta drained to zero? We explore oyeh and discover and export more to import refined petroleum? Refineries kwani?

Whatever they're doing, national unity and then growth mist be the final product.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Atake14(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2016
am not sure abt dis report...

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 27, 2016
Anambra abi Kogi basin
Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by Emeka71(m): 11:55am On Aug 27, 2016
He can come and search for oil at my village; Idumuje-unor.
Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by mhisbliss(f): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2016
something different aside touring the whole world

1 Like

Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by lumzybo: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2016
I wonder if it a MUST to get oil in those new places? The places that av been confirmed to have in abundance, what level of exploration av been done.

This is a pure case of misplaced priority not even now that the prices of crude is nose-diving. Instead of this shitty government to be thinking of how to diversify the oil-based economy,we are here looking for what is not lost.

#kontinue
Re: 6 Areas Buhari Is Searching For Oil In Nigeria (LIST) by damola311: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2016
Thought they said they want to diversify the economy? why still searching for oil? so we can separate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arthur Eze: ‘Obiano Is A Small Fry’ / Fayose Plays Table Tennis With Guys On The Street Of Ekiti (Photos) / Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.