Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? (2601 Views)

Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" / Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2016
When the books in the Christian bible were written, the meanings were logical and literal. There was no need to look for long, convincing explanations. Now, its either a 'metaphor' or 'poetic'.
Examples:

1. There are several references to slavery in the bible. Slavery was considered normal and god even gave rules on how to treat slaves. No problem there.
REVISED EDITION
Now that our morality has evolved and humans are strongly anti-slavery, my dear friend Ebuka gave me a link where they re-explained that, they didn't actually mean slavery, that it should mean 'employee' from the original Greek. Hmm. Ok grin

2. Nigeria's evolved morality is still heavily against gay and lesbian people, so this one is a bit tricky. Anyway, there are statements in the old testament against homosexuality. Apart from that, there's a place in the bible where Jesus said not to punish some men, because its not their fault, saying that some men are born as eunuchs and some men become eunuchs but they are not to be judged. Eunuchs originally means 'castrated male'. Or something along those lines.
REVISED EDITION
Now, the rainbow church, that accepts all lgbt+ has redifined eunuchs to actually be referring to men who have an attraction to other men, claiming that if you retranslate the original Greek verses, Thats what you'll get. Interesting grin

3. Shellfish! grin Delicious snails, shrimps, oysters, lobsters, scrumptious seafood! The bible condemns it! Clearly. . .
REVISED EDITION
Ebuka justified eating of shellfish saying 'it is not what goes into a man that makes him clean or unclean. Bahahahahaha. The people in the biblical times didn't seem to think so. Even the first members of the Roman Catholic church didn't eat shellfish. And that was after the new testament. It was later, after some smart guy came up with that convincing escape route, that Christians resumed eating of our shelled sea friends.

4. Sun stand still wink This one is more of a scientific evolution. As at the time it was written, there was absolutely no problem in saying that the sun magically stood still. But now that we have knowledge of how space works,
REVISED EDITION
They said its the earth that stopped rotating. Lol. I've already shown in another thread how Thats impossible and the effects it would have on the earth. Master Ebuka said he's working on another justification so I'll let him do that. He still hasn't gotten back to me grin

5. ** I almost forgot this one lol. The cure for leprosy. Lmao. They were to bring 2 birds, some spices, and some other bullshit concoctions. . . go and try curing a leper with that. Lol. But in those times, they thought it was an absolute cure and maybe some evil spirit was preventing the cure which was directly revealed to god.
REVISED EDITION
I can't remember the nairalander who told me on here that leprosy is 'symbolic' for sinners and that is a symbolic process of cleansing sinners. grin

****One confused fellow down there doesn't understand. I'm not asking you to justify the new meanings you ascribe to it, I'm asking you why the meanings have to change. The people who followed the book in earlier times took slave to mean slave. But now that you're explaining how its not slave, are you saying all of them were sinners??

I got bored typing this, lol, but I think you get the drift. . . as our morality evolves, the bible had to be continuously re-explained. And a 100 years from now, when our morality evolves further, you'll see some even more ridiculous justifications for some bible passages. It'd be amusing to go in the future and see how life is, then see how people defend the bible there.

CC johnydon22 hahn malvisguy212 Scholar8200 K9blunt cloudgoddess KingEbukaNaija KingEbukasblog SirWere ValentineMary HardMirror Joshuasbase lepasharon otemanuduno otemdomino otem4eartum HCpaul valentinemary CAPSLOCKED donffd OtemWonyahweh hopefullandlord frank317 OgundeleT Seun lalasticlala lennycool et al

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by importexpert(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2016
Christians should think about this very well
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by hahn(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2016
importexpert:
Christians should think about this very well

Thinking is not allowed in religion

Just blind faith

5 Likes

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Just blind faith
Lol
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Just blind faith
Remind me the verse of the Bible that say that again
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:
When the books in the Christian bible were written, the meanings were logical and literal. There was no need to look for long, convincing explanations. Now, its either a 'metaphor' or 'poetic'.
And it will continue to be a mystery to the world my friend. Ever wondered how preachers get new messages to preach every sunday for centuries? It is inspired by God, and His best-seller is not about to die out. You can try your best to bellitle it, but even in your old age, you children may present you with a beautiful copy of the Bible.

Bernard Ramm affirmed of the Bible some 100 years before you were born:
“A thousand times over, the death knell of the Bible has been sounded, the funeral procession formed, the inscription cut on the tombstone, and committal read. But somehow the corpse never stays put.”
“No other book has been so chopped, knifed, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet?”

I think you're doing the exact same thing about 100 years after this quote. undecided

Well, Bernard Ramm concluded by saying:
“ The Bible is still loved by millions, read by millions, and studied by millions.”
And a hundred years from now, it will. Its quite unfortunate that all you can and will keep doing do is to stay in the confines of your room and wail.

AnonyNymous:
1. There are several references to slavery in the bible. Slavery was considered normal and god even gave rules on how to treat slaves. No problem there.
REVISED EDITION
Now that our morality has evolved and humans are strongly anti-slavery, my dear friend Ebuka gave me a link where they re-explained that, they didn't actually mean slavery, that it should mean 'employee' from the original Greek. Hmm. Ok grin
i'm sure you did not make your findings about this, why then do you condemn the works of other historians who "went back in time" to find answers?

I have addressed this same issue twice and it seems you have nothing else to say but to call christians to the same challenge over and over again.
Ill simply take an excerpt not from the Bible this time, but from the "Jewish Encyclopaedia", which an atheist (dalaman) referred me to:
The Hebrew word "'ebed" really means "slave"; but the English Bible renders it "servant" (a) where the word is used figuratively, pious men being "servants of the Lord" (Isa. xx. 3), and courtiers "servants of the king" (Jer. xxxvii. 2); and (b) in passages which refer to Hebrew bondmen, whose condition is far above that of slavery (Ex. xxi. 2-7). Where real slaves are referred to, the English versions generally use "bondman" for "'ebed," and "bondwoman" or "bondmaid" for the corresponding feminines
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13799-slaves-and-slavery

The dictionary meaning of the word figuratively: The adverb figuratively describes something symbolic, not actual. For example, If a friend invites you to tonight's concert but you already have plans with your family, you might say — figuratively — that your hands are tied.

The Jewish encyclopaedia recognizes that the english versions that use the word servant, make use of it figuratively.

You should take some time to really read KindEbukasBlog thread that addresses this issue.

AnonyNymous:
2. Nigeria's evolved morality is still heavily against gay and lesbian people, so this one is a bit tricky. Anyway, there are statements in the old testament against homosexuality. Apart from that, there's a place in the bible where Jesus said not to punish some men, because its not their fault, saying that some men are born as eunuchs and some men become eunuchs but they are not to be judged. Eunuchs originally means 'castrated male'. Or something along those lines.
REVISED EDITION
Now, the rainbow church, that accepts all lgbt+ has redifined eunuchs to actually be referring to men who have an attraction to other men, claiming that if you retranslate the original Greek verses, Thats what you'll get. Interesting grin
The Bible consistently refers to homosexual activity as a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:24-27.

It does not matter if there are gay pastors, it does not matter if pastors sanction premarital sex, it does not matter if we have atheist mega churches, it does not matter if we redefine scriptures to suit our notions. What matters is the word of God that does not change.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4161240_139251279586464209149008379802175256925100n_jpegfde48b8f0baf5c54ca99620a8bb611db

AnonyNymous:
3. Shellfish! grin Delicious snails, shrimps, oysters, lobsters, scrumptious seafood! The bible condemns it! Clearly. . .
REVISED EDITION
Ebuka justified eating of shellfish saying 'it is not what goes into a man that makes him clean or unclean. Bahahahahaha. The people in the biblical times didn't seem to think so. Even the first members of the Roman Catholic church didn't eat shellfish. And that was after the new testament. It was later, after some smart guy came up with that convincing escape route, that Christians resumed eating of our shelled sea friends.
These things have been addressed over and over and are getting stale.

"Leviticus chapter 11 lists the dietary restrictions God gave to the nation of Israel. The dietary laws included prohibitions against eating pork, shrimp, shellfish and many types of seafood, most insects, scavenger birds, and various other animals. The dietary rules were never intended to apply to anyone other than the Israelites. The purpose of the food laws was to make the Israelites distinct from all other nations. After this purpose had ended, Jesus declared all foods clean (Mark 7:19). God gave the apostle Peter a vision in which He declared that formerly unclean animals could be eaten: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean” (Acts 10:15). When Jesus died on the cross, He fulfilled the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:24-26; Ephesians 2:15). This includes the laws regarding clean and unclean foods."
http://www.gotquestions.org/foods.html

No other person could put it in better terms.
Plus who cares what the pope and the catholic "church" does except catholics undecided..Not after all the witchcraft burnings, crusades, inquisition etc.
Catholicism is its own religion.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4161241_13932901550879591762895577393305554108272n_jpeg7c1b63ccd37d385f77d0d6d222031f70

AnonyNymous:
4. Sun stand still wink This one is more of a scientific evolution. As at the time it was written, there was absolutely no problem in saying that the sun magically stood still. But now that we have knowledge of how space works,
REVISED EDITION
They said its the earth that stopped rotating. Lol. I've already shown in another thread how Thats impossible and the effects it would have on the earth. Master Ebuka said he's working on another justification so I'll let him do that. He still hasn't gotten back to me grin
Nawa ooo. The same lines again and again, look for something new na.

Joshua was no scientist and had very little understanding about the world. He made a simple request to God and God understood what he meant and granted.
God who created the universe is capable of compensating for any complications known and unknown. Afterall you were not involved in creating this wonderful universe. How powerful must a Being be to be able to have created this vast universe. Very powerful!, Limitless in fact! Unlike anything you've learnt in school.

AnonyNymous:

I got bored typing this, lol, but I think you get the drift. . . as our morality evolved, the bible had to be continuously re-explained. And a 100 years from now, when our morality evolved further, you'll see some even more ridiculous justifications for some bible passages. It'd be amusing to go in the future and see how life is, then see how people defend the bible there.
Morality did not evolve from amoral rocks and slime. The very reason why you lock your doors whenever you sleep is because you dont believe in subjective morality and also because societal morality is insufficient. Objective morality is what makes sense and it is what enables us to be able to call offenders to order.
The Bible will keep its position miles ahead of you, even though many will try to twist it to suit whatever works for them. Its remains our guide as a people.
Here are some quotes worth pondering upon concerning the Bible.
Jean Jacques Rousseau, French skeptic
“Jewish authors would never have invented either that style nor that morality; and the Gospel has marks of truth so great, so striking, so utterly inimitable, that the invention of it would be more astonishing than the hero.”

Immanuel Kant, German idealist philosopher, 1724-1804
“I believe that the existence of the Bible is the greatest benefit to the human race. Any attempt to belittle it, I believe, is a crime against humanity.”

Professor M. Montiero-Williams, former Boden prof. Of Sanskrit who spent 42 years studying Eastern books
Said comparing them with the Bible:
“Pile them, if you will, on the left side of your study table; but place your own Holy Bible on the right side–all by itself, all alone–and with a wide gap between them. For there is a gulf between it and the so-called sacred books of the East which severs the one from the other utterly hopelessly, and a forever…a veritable gulf which cannot be bridged over by any science of religious thought.”

Henry Ward Beecher
"Sink the Bible to the bottom of the ocean, and still man's obligations to God would be unchanged. He would have the same path to tread, only his lamp and guide would be gone; the same voyage to make, but his chart and compass would be overboard!"

J. Hamilton
"The Word of GOD will stand a thousand readings, and he who has gone over it most frequently is the surest of finding new wonders there"

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2705025_biblelightrays63636342_jpegaf45c364239564871fcd0a197980cf45

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by hahn(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
Remind me the verse of the Bible that say that again

John 20:29
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Just blind faith

For more than 6000 years atheists have been existing , they could not achieve anything . And the religious whom you excoriate started civilization , agriculture , architecture , philosophy , alchemy , modern science , they also made multifarious discoveries and inventions . Whatever man has now can be attributed to efforts of the religious mind .

When will you receive sense brother hahn ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
And it will continue to be a mystery to the world my friend. Ever wondered how preachers get new messages to preach every sunday for centuries? It is inspired by God, and His best-seller is not about to die out. You can try your best to bellitle it, but even in your old age, you children may present you with a beautiful copy of the Bible.

Bernard Ramm affirmed of the Bible some 100 years before you were born:
“A thousand times over, the death knell of the Bible has been sounded, the funeral procession formed, the inscription cut on the tombstone, and committal read. But somehow the corpse never stays put.”
“No other book has been so chopped, knifed, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet?”

I think you're doing the exact same thing about 100 years after this quote. undecided

Well, Bernard Ramm concluded by saying:
“ The Bible is still loved by millions, read by millions, and studied by millions.”
And a hundred years from now, it will. Its quite unfortunate that all you can and will keep doing do is to stay in the confines of your room and wail.

i'm sure you did not make your findings about this, why then do you condemn the works of other historians who "went back in time" to find answers?

I have addressed this same issue twice and it seems you have nothing else to say but to call christians to the same challenge over and over again.
Ill simply take an excerpt not from the Bible this time, but from the "Jewish Encyclopaedia", which an atheist (dalaman) referred me to:
The Hebrew word "'ebed" really means "slave"; but the English Bible renders it "servant" (a) where the word is used figuratively, pious men being "servants of the Lord" (Isa. xx. 3), and courtiers "servants of the king" (Jer. xxxvii. 2); and (b) in passages which refer to Hebrew bondmen, whose condition is far above that of slavery (Ex. xxi. 2-7). Where real slaves are referred to, the English versions generally use "bondman" for "'ebed," and "bondwoman" or "bondmaid" for the corresponding feminines
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13799-slaves-and-slavery

The dictionary meaning of the word figuratively: The adverb figuratively describes something symbolic, not actual. For example, If a friend invites you to tonight's concert but you already have plans with your family, you might say — figuratively — that your hands are tied.

The Jewish encyclopaedia recognizes that the english versions that use the word servant, make use of it figuratively.

You should take some time to really read KindEbukasBlog thread that addresses this issue.

The Bible consistently refers to homosexual activity as a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:24-27.

It does not matter if there are gay pastors, it does not matter if pastors sanction premarital sex, it does not matter if we have atheist mega churches, it does not matter if we redefine scriptures to suit our notions. What matters is the word of God that does not change.

These things have been addressed over and over and are getting stale.

"Leviticus chapter 11 lists the dietary restrictions God gave to the nation of Israel. The dietary laws included prohibitions against eating pork, shrimp, shellfish and many types of seafood, most insects, scavenger birds, and various other animals. The dietary rules were never intended to apply to anyone other than the Israelites. The purpose of the food laws was to make the Israelites distinct from all other nations. After this purpose had ended, Jesus declared all foods clean (Mark 7:19). God gave the apostle Peter a vision in which He declared that formerly unclean animals could be eaten: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean” (Acts 10:15). When Jesus died on the cross, He fulfilled the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:24-26; Ephesians 2:15). This includes the laws regarding clean and unclean foods."
http://www.gotquestions.org/foods.html

No other person could put it in better terms.
Plus who cares what the pope and the catholic "church" does except catholics undecided..Not after all the witchcraft burnings, crusades, inquisition etc.
Catholicism is its own religion.

Nawa ooo. The same lines again and again, look for something new na.

Joshua was no scientist and had very little understanding about the world. He made a simple request to God and God understood what he meant and granted.
God who created the universe is capable of compensating for any complications known and unknown. Afterall you were not involved in creating this wonderful universe. How powerful must a Being be to be able to have created this vast universe. Very powerful!, Limitless in fact! Unlike anything you've learnt in school.

Morality did not evolve from amoral rocks and slime. The very reason why you lock your doors whenever you sleep is because you dont believe in subjective morality and also because societal morality is insufficient. Objective morality is what makes sense and it is what enables us to be able to call offenders to order.
The Bible will keep its position miles ahead of you, even though many will try to twist it to suit whatever works for them. Its remains our guide as a people.
Here are some quotes worth pondering upon concerning the Bible.
Jean Jacques Rousseau, French skeptic
“Jewish authors would never have invented either that style nor that morality; and the Gospel has marks of truth so great, so striking, so utterly inimitable, that the invention of it would be more astonishing than the hero.”

Immanuel Kant, German idealist philosopher, 1724-1804
“I believe that the existence of the Bible is the greatest benefit to the human race. Any attempt to belittle it, I believe, is a crime against humanity.”

Professor M. Montiero-Williams, former Boden prof. Of Sanskrit who spent 42 years studying Eastern books
Said comparing them with the Bible:
“Pile them, if you will, on the left side of your study table; but place your own Holy Bible on the right side–all by itself, all alone–and with a wide gap between them. For there is a gulf between it and the so-called sacred books of the East which severs the one from the other utterly hopelessly, and a forever…a veritable gulf which cannot be bridged over by any science of religious thought.”

Henry Ward Beecher
"Sink the Bible to the bottom of the ocean, and still man's obligations to God would be unchanged. He would have the same path to tread, only his lamp and guide would be gone; the same voyage to make, but his chart and compass would be overboard!"

J. Hamilton
"The Word of GOD will stand a thousand readings, and he who has gone over it most frequently is the surest of finding new wonders there"

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2705025_biblelightrays63636342_jpegaf45c364239564871fcd0a197980cf45

Good job once again bro .

@ AnonyNymous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog, all you have done there with your lengthy talk is prove to me, with your own tongue, that morality evolves.
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:
KingEbukasBlog, all you have done there with your lengthy talk is prove to me, with your own tongue, that morality evolves.

Non sequitur .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by hahn(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

For more than 6000 years atheists have been existing , they could not achieve anything . And the religious whom you excoriate started civilization , agriculture , architecture , philosophy , alchemy , modern science , they also made multifarious discoveries and inventions . Whatever man has now can be attributed to efforts of the religious mind .

Lol @ efforts of the religious mind.

Even Jehovah's suicide on the cross as his alter ego Jesus was useless. He couldn't even get rid of malaria.

Religious people achieve great things but none have done so with the help of their religious books. For every Christian that achieved an anything we can also name Muslims with similar accomplishments.
pop

2 Likes

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Im still looking for where Jesus commanded us not to think?
Can you help me out undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Good job once again bro .

@ AnonyNymous
You have no idea what's going on.
Once again, KingEbukasBlog, you just proved that morality is not stagnant
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Lol @ efforts of the religious mind.

Even Jehovah's suicide on the cross as his alter ego Jesus was useless. He couldn't even get rid of malaria.

Religious people achieve great things but none have done so with the help of their religious books. For every Christian that achieved an anything we can also name Muslims with similar accomplishments.
pop

You just said that the religious does not think and I proved that to you . Now you are saying something entirely different . Looks like you missed the opportunity to receive sense

Do you realize that atheists all over those years indulged in sophistry and criticizing the religious with nothing to show for it ? Do you know that ? Or you want me to inundate you with facts proving this ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You just said that the religious does not think and I proved that to you . Now you are saying something entirely different . Looks like you missed the opportunity to receive sense

Do you realize that atheists all over those years indulged in sophistry and criticizing the religious with nothing to show for it ? Do you know that ? Or you want me to inundate you with facts proving this ?
No, its like you guys always have a tough time with comprehension. His post was that as long as it involves religion, you are not to think, just believe. Accomplishments of Christian and Muslim scholars were not by following guidelines in religious books. They were all by thinking. It's just when it comes to religion you have to turn your brain off

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by hahn(m): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
Im still looking for where Jesus commanded us not to think?
Can you help me out undecided

When someone asks you to believe in something without proof, what are they asking indirectly?

2 Likes

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by hahn(m): 11:44am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

No, its like you guys always have a tough time with comprehension. His post was that as long as it involves religion, you are not to think, just believe. Accomplishments of Christian and Muslim scholars were not by following guidelines in religious books. They were all by thinking. It's just when it comes to religion you have to turn your brain off

His brain is now off since we are in the religion section

1 Like

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Ranchhoddas: 11:45am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You don start?
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You really do have a wont for saying ineffably stupid things bro . Why ? When you engage me during arguments , do you intentionally turn your brain off , leaving you with no other choice than to spew ridiculous hokum which your brain failed to process . tongue

cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

When someone asks you to believe in something without proof, what are they asking indirectly?

Atheism is the belief God does not exist . What's your point ? Or do you have proof as an omniscient being that such person as a conscious creator does not exist ?
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

Do you have proof of something coming from nothing, do you have proof of life evolving from non life undecided

Do you turn your brains off when you say this things?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:49am On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
Do you have proof of something coming from nothing, do you have proof of life evolving from non life undecided

Do you turn your brains off when you say this things?

I've been saying it bro . Atheists don't think for themselves . He must have read these things somewhere else , only just to regurgitate to appear smart - that's all they do .

1 Like

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You really do a wont for saying ineffably stupid things bro . Why ? When you engage me during arguments , do you intentionally turn your brain off , leaving you with no other choice than to spew ridiculous hokum which your brain failed to process . tongue

cheesy cheesy

Enough of the story.
All you did was justify the new meanings. Nobody is asking you to do that. My question is why there have to be new meanings ascribed to it at the turn of every century. Imagine 1000 years from now, we now think of the employer/employee relationship as evil. What will you do then?
As for Hahn's post you still fail to realise the point. What he's saying is that no great achievement has been accomplished following the religious method of thinking I.e faith.

1 Like

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2016
hahn:

His brain is now off since we are in the religion section

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

As for Hahn's post you still fail to realise the point. What he's saying is that no great achievement has been accomplished following the religious method of thinking I.e faith.

Everyone - atheists and theists - exercises faith what's your point ?
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I've been saying it bro . Atheists don't think for themselves . He must have read these things somewhere else , only just to regurgitate to appear smart - that's all they do .
Exactly bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
Exactly bro.

Exactly !!! We need to add Nairaland's logo to that meme grin
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by winner01(m): 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !!! We need to add Nairaland's logo to that meme grin
Yes oo, we'll make it the last. grin

Good idea bro grin
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone - atheists and theists - exercises faith what's your point ?
The difference is that atheists place their 'faith' on well calculated guesses while
Theists place their faith on arbitrary statements.
Again, if we evolve, to a point where we see the employer/employee relationship as evil, what happens then?
Re: Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? by cloudgoddess(f): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
So true. It's very obvious that apologetics is a desperate attempt to reconcile the bronze age barbaric and often downright stupid instructions found in the bible, with the modern standards of morality most of us take for granted today (which were developed DESPITE Christianity & the Abrahamic religions, rather than because of them as we would expect if they were actually a perfect moral code).

It doesn't even take a few seconds of critical thinking to recognize that if the creator of the universe truly authored this book, it wouldn't have to be re-explained again and again as humanity progresses. I can't imagine the cognitive dissonance required to insist that a book created/inspired by an "all-powerful, all-knowing whateverthef*ck" needs continuously evolving HUMAN explanations & excuses made for it. Just silly.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas Day Bomb Blast Rocks Catholic Church In Suleja / Prayers For Nigeria As We Celebrate Independence Day / Theunusualmoon And The Christian God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.