Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin (381 Views)

Fresh N10bn NHIS Scam: Buhari Presidency Stinks, Has No Honour Left- PDP / How Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others Received N10bn In Illegal Allowances - Jibrin / Budget Padding: Jibrin Disowned By 10 Principal Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by mmb(m): 11:55am On Aug 27, 2016
The former chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has alleged that the 10 principal officers of the House have so far received about N10 billion since they were first elected into the House at various times. He said in a statement last night that his latest revelation was part of his efforts expose shady deals in the House.

“Today, I will start with the 10 Principal Officers of the House of Representatives. If just these 10 are named and shamed it will force reform in the House. I will therefore provide what each one of them had collected as ‘office running cost’ in their entire stay in the House.

“If any one of them disputes my figure, he or she should not make drama out of it but just simply tell the country how much he or she has collected.
“From computation of various sub-heads of allowances of the House, Speaker Yakubu Dogara has been in the House from 2007 to date. He has received about N1.5 billion. Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun has been in the house from 2011 to date. He has received about N800 million. House Leader Femi Gbajabiamila has been in the House from 2003 to date. He has received about N1.2 billion. Deputy House Leader Buba has been in the House from 2007 to date. He received about N1.2 billion.

“Whip Alhassan Doguwa has been in the House from 2003 to date. He has received about N1.2 billion. Deputy Whip Pally Iriase has been in the House from 2011 to date. He has received N700 million. Minority Leader Leo Ogor has been in the House from 2007 to date. He has received N1.2 billion.

“Deputy Minority Leader Barde has been in the House from 2011 to date. He has received N700 million. Minority Whip Chuma has been in the House from 2007 to date. He had received N800 million. And finally, Deputy Minority Whip Binta has been in the House from 2011 to date. She has received N700 million.
“So in between these 10 Principal Officers, the country has pumped about N10 billion - and still counting. As I have mentioned earlier, in most cases with few exceptions, these funds are diverted for personal use. I will provide further break-down of these figures in due course. I will also provide 50 additional names of members with worst cases of diversion of such funds in due course,” he said.
The House leadership had last week said it would not join issues with Jibrin in the media.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/reps-principal-officers-got-n10bn-allowance--jibrin/160419.html#6JJ5hpw3mjcqmuwg.99
Re: Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by salabscholar01(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2016
again?
Re: Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2016
This APC government sef
Re: Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by agwom(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2016
Change govt...
Re: Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by abokibuhari: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
This one is what we call 'HOLY CORRUPTION' by APC SAINTS grin
Re: Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by homosapien(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if youth that comment on this forum lack basic comprehension skills or just plain dumb. And these are suppose leaders of tomorrow, it is well.
Re: Reps’ Principal Officers Got N10bn Allowance – Jibrin by Mynd44: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2016

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The US Grant Of $13million So Far Released For Idps In The NE? / Mimiko Lauds Medical Practitioner’s Free Health Services / A Narialander's Suggestions To Solving Nigeria's Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.