Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? (2170 Views)

Can You Marry A Lady With Tattoo?? / Hot Semi-Nude Photos Of The German Model With Tattoo All Over Her Body / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nicolax: 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
Tatoos seems to have negative feelings in Nigeria. Seeing people with tatoos as rough, dangerous and ill-mannered. Will you marry a man or woman that has tatoos all over? Let's hear from you
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
I can't marry a man with tattoo
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nicolax: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2016
lilyqueen:
I can't marry a man with tattoo
Why?
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by obiorathesubtle: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
undecided why not?? It's just ink

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nicolax:

Why?

I don't like tattoos
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nicolax: 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
lilyqueen:

I don't like tattoos

Obiorathesubtle just said "it is just ink" so why don't you like it? There should be a reason
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by kinglekan: 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2016

It depends on the kind or type of tattoo. I can easily ignore a tattoo which isn't conspicuous or one that can be clearly hidden with clothing. However tattoo's can be addictive and knowing the reason why she has the tattoo would also let me make a more informed decision.

For example some folks have a tendency to put a tattoo on their body to remind them of an achievement, a goal, a loved one or worse still a bitter experience. Some others however love tattoo's and the number of tattoo's they would have might probably increase as time goes by. While I don't have anything against those with tattoo's, I really wouldn't want to settle down with someone who might over a few years time be totally covered in tattoo's.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by latinoKingdom(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
Yes I can, it depends on how many tattoos she has

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by sinaj(f): 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
I love tats tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
Yep. But not to one that thinks his body is a canvas for tattoos undecided.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nicolax:

Obiorathesubtle just said "it is just ink" so why don't you like it? There should be a reason

No responsible guy will have tattoos on his skin
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
Tattoo is just body art, why do you people always use it as a tool for judging character?

Right from the pre-colonial years our grandmothers had their local tattoos that were done with needles. It was a thing of beautification and it still is. . . As a matter of fact, it was part of African culture and was arguably exported to the Western world after their invasion of Africa.

Our ancestors were gifted sculptors and artists. Why do you think the Europeans looted so many of our artworks till date? They were fascinated by it. It's so sad that such a thing of pride is now seen by hypocrites and fake moralists as a negative trait.

We Nigerians always believe we are exposed, but most of us are one-eyed semi-illiterates.

Majority of evil doers in our societies have no tattoos, no piercings, yet they commit the worst crimes. I wonder when people will start to use their brains and understand what freedom of choice means.

Keep judging people about. . .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
I can't jare. Tattoos here depict irresponsibility and a riotous way of life.except entertainers, no be only dose cultists, olosho, and area boys dey do tattoo? NO-NO for me.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
I can't jare. Tattoos here depict irresponsibility and a riotous way of life.except entertainers, no be only dose cultists, olosho, and area boys dey do tattoo? NO-NO for me.

This just shows you grew up in the ghetto, cos those are the only people you can finger in your environment.

There are CEOs with tattoos. . . World shakers and movers, responsible people whose hands you can only dream of shaking.

Tattoo plenty for Lekki, try to step up ur game bro.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2016
cheesy ...

I can't marry a man with tattoo but I wouldn't like to be judged by dat(by a man)as I have 1...
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
As long as there are no facial tattoos, no problem.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Sempumping:
cheesy ...

I can't marry a man with tattoo but I wouldn't like to be judged by dat(by a man)as I have 1...

Lol. See your mouth.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
blackberlin:

This just shows you grew up in the ghetto, cos those are the only people you can finger in your environment.

There are CEOs with tattoos. . . World shakers and movers, responsible people whose hands you can only dream of shaking.

haha. Me grew up in the ghetto lol. Like I said it DEPICT irresponsibility, I'm not so sure many interviewers will will employ a person with tattoo. some rich kids do it for the feel of it. small lekki is your benchmark for stepping up? funny.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2016
WindUpMerchant:

I've got tattoos. That doesn't mean I'm irresponsible, or I live a riotous life. Neither am I an entertainer, nor a cultist, nor an olosho.

I see tattoos as a form of Art.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided why not?? It's just ink
Its art cool it's just like saying you won't marry someone because they have tribal marks sad They are all the same thing wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
kinglekan:

It depends on the kind or type of tattoo. I can easily ignore a tattoo which isn't conspicuous or one that can be clearly hidden with clothing. However tattoo's can be addictive and knowing the reason why she has the tattoo would also let me make a more informed decision.

For example some folks have a tendency to put a tattoo on their body to remind them of an achievement, a goal, a loved one or worse still a bitter experience. Some others however love tattoo's and the number of tattoo's they would have might probably increase as time goes by. While I don't have anything against those with tattoo's, I really wouldn't want to settle down with someone who might over a few years time be totally covered in tattoo's.

I love tattoos because it's all about displaying ART
LadyMercedes:

I've got tattoos. That doesn't mean I'm irresponsible, or I live a riotous life. Neither am I an entertainer, nor a cultist, nor an olosho.

sorry dear. maybe I over generalized and need to modify. not everyone with a tattoo is a thug or hoe. BUT HERE in Nigeria, tattoo does not portray someone as a decent responsible person.I stand by that. even if you may be, its a stereotype that has become a norm.im sure your tattoo is well hidden? Our very trado/religious families won't take an in law with a tattoo. In the west, its nothing though. my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

I love tattoos wink, but I think am gonna go with king.lekan, the kinda tattoo would determine if am gonna marry/date her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
blackberlin:
Tattoo is just body art, why do you people always use it as a tool for judging character?

Right from the pre-colonial years our grandmothers had their local tattoos that were done with needles. It was a thing of beautification and it still is. . . As a matter of fact, it was part of African culture and was arguably exported to the Western world after their invasion of Africa.

Our ancestors were gifted sculptors and artists. Why do you think the Europeans looted so many of our artworks till date? They were fascinated by it. It's so sad that such a thing of pride is now seen by hypocrites and fake moralists as a negative trait.

We Nigerians always believe we are exposed, but most of us are one-eyed semi-illiterates.

Majority of evil doers in our societies have no tattoos, no piercings, yet they commit the worst crimes. I wonder when people will start to use their brains and understand what freedom of choice means.

Keep judging people about. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
blackberlin:

footballers with tattoos, athletes and more great people
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
blackberlin:

that is a very wrong insinuation bruh,I believe you've been in naija long enough to know that that's the overall mentality when you come across someone with a tattoo, most people think it depicts immorality/irresponsibility and don't try patronize the h.ell bent Christians when it comes to tattoo grin

And for the record, I understand your point perfectly cool
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
LadyMercedes:
Lol. See your mouth.

Sexy
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by kinglekan: 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
LadyMercedes:
As long as there are no facial tattoos, no problem.

Only the real addicts go that far! For me that's extreme. Point being that, if perhaps in the nearest future the individual doesn't like the tattoo on their face, or are in a new phase of their lives whereby the tattoo doesn't symbolize what they now stand for, there is no going back.

I am yet to see or hear of any laser treatment to remove tattoo's on the face and considering how thin the skin on the face is, the pain would be extremely unbearable. Coupled with the fact that lasers pose a huge threat to the eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by kinglekan: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
I love tattoos because it's all about displaying ART

I am a little bit indifferent when it comes to tattoo's. There are various kinds and a whole lot of amateur tattoo artist's out there who would draw a "Chicken" on your body when you clearly asked for an "Eagle". Also not all tattoo's make sense, some are just weird art works that just look totally awkward.

While some folks just jumble up different types without coherence and end up looking like a notice board.
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
No, never. Having tattoos is a mark of irresponsibility, IMHO, same way I can't marry a woman whose skin has become brighter than her future or one who uses heavy make up
Re: Can You Marry A Man/woman With Tattoo? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin those people don't know art
kinglekan:

I am a little bit indifferent when it comes to tattoo's. There are various kinds and a whole lot of amateur tattoo artist's out there who would draw a "Chicken" on your body when you clearly asked for an "Eagle". Also not all tattoo's make sense, some are just weird art works that just look totally awkward.

While some folks just jumble up different types without coherence and end up looking like a notice board.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If You And Your Best Friend Had Sex..? / My Boyfriend Wants To Marry Me.but Still Thinking About His Ex / Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.