Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/08/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/08/16 (712 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/08/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/08/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/08/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/08/16 by dallyemmy: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST 2016

THEME: UNUSUAL MESSENGERS

Memorise:

And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there. 1 Kings 17:4

Read: 1 Kings 17:1-5

17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

17:2 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,

17:3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

17:4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

17:5 So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

Messengers are stewards often sent to speak, act, or deliver a message on behalf of their master. In addition to the angelic beings that God normally sends as messengers to speak, deliver messages, or carry out specific assignments, He also uses humans and other living or non-living beings as messengers. The purpose of God's legitimate messengers is always to inform, enable, protect, empower, and guide the people of God. But they are sent occasionally to punish. I pray that you will never do anything to provoke divine judgement in Jesus' name. The most prominent among God's messengers are prophets, humans and angelic beings. However unusual messengers are sometimes deployed by God to carry out special assignments. 1 Kings 17:4-6 says,
"And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there... And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook."

In the above passage, the most unusual messengers- ravens were the stewards sent to provide food for Elijah in the wilderness. Ravens are large heavily built carnivorous birds of the corvine family. God used a great fish, gourd plant, worm and a vehement east wind as unusual messengers to teach Jonah the lesson of his life in Jonah 4:6-8. He used another unusual messenger to play an important role in the story of Balaam in Numbers 22:19-35. Numbers 22:27-28 says;
"...and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff. And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?"

The use of supernatural beings and natural elements as God's messengers therefore underscores God as the Lord of Hosts, with the special ability to make all things work in favour of His beloved children. Therefore, give your life to Jesus today, and become one of God's beloved. Then you can be sure that all things will begin to work together for your good according to the Word of God in Romas 8:28.

Prayer Point:

Father, please command all things to work together for my good and the fulfilment of my destiny in the Name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 1:1-3:5
Psalms 44:1-8

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 11: STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF CHRIST OUR KING

Standing on the promises of Christ MY King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing, Standing on the promises of God.

Chorus:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

Chorus:

3. Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

Chorus:

4. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s string cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,

Chorus:

5. Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,

Chorus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/08/16 by dallyemmy: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: ( Sunday, August 28th, 2016) - UNUSUAL MESSENGERS

1.Thank you Father for your grace, mercy and faithfulness over my life.

2.Father, in anyway that l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me.

3.Father, release upon my life the power to decree a thing and for it to be established, immediately.

4.Father, send your ministering angels to come and minister to all my spiritual, physical, material and financial needs.

5.Father, let everything you have created hear and recognise my voice, as your servant and obey me, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, let the wind, the sun, the moon, the stars and all the elements, never work contrary to my well being and progress in life, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, please command all things to work together for my good and the fulfilment of my destiny in the name of Jesus

8.I decree that the Lord will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

9.I decree that even, in the midst of famine and economic recession, l and my family will eat in plenty and be satisfied and there will be leftovers.

10.Father, please, give your angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, let men, women, children and angels go out of their ways to favour my righteous course.

12.Your Personal petitions. ( Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus's name I pray. (Jn 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessourNation

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Gospel Instrumental - My Strength, My Redeemer (IJ Beats Music) / He Thought God Told Him To Fight A Lion. Then He Jump Into The Den / The "Brothers" Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.