Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigerians Need To Read This. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Need To Read This. (868 Views)

what nigerians need to move foward / For Your Perfect Architectural design,Construction&approval In Nig,pls Read This / Nigerians You Need To Read This : The Secret Of MMM Nigeria Has Been Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
Got this from a friend and thought to share it .....it's not political just some plain truth whether you are APC or PDP.....
Nigeria started generating power in 1898.
In 118 years, Nigeria has managed to generate and distribute no more than circa 5,000MW or 5GW annually
Compare to China who generates an �<b>ADDITIONAL 20,000MW or 20GW annually from Solar alone�</b>
You don't want to add what China is developing from Gas, Hydro, Coal, Wind, and Bio. You just may get depressed.
This means that....
What Nigeria generates annually after 118 years of generation, China is able to generate incrementally from Solar alone in 3 months only.
Yes....3 months!
If you add other sources outside solar, those 3 months could reduce to minutes.....
The idea of this writing is to shock you.
So.... Be totally shocked
The numbers and comparisons were intended to shock us out of our stupor-like decadence and intellectual laziness with unfounded sobriquet like &quot;Giants of Africa&quot; ringing in our empty ears.
Show us who we really are, where we really are, and where we might be headed
That's firstly..
Then secondly....
To point at our human resource as our critical resource and as the path forward.
To highlight the foolishness resident in crude-oil-laden thinking, which has so engulfed us as a nation.
To return to the Nigerian female and Nigerian male. And recognize them for who they are.....
Our most prized national assets
2. �<b>Crude Oil and National Income�</b>
This year alone just four companies are bringing investments of over 10 Billion USD into the Chinese pork industry. Nigeria has not attracted that that its almighty crude oil industry this year.
Brazil makes more money from Sugar Cane than Nigeria makes from Crude Oil.
Brazil's sugar cane industry employs 1.1million Brazilians and generates 86 Billion USD annually for Brazil.
If Nigeria can generate half of that figure (only 43 Billion USD) from crude oil this year, we will throw a grand celebratory party
3. �<b>National Budget�</b>
Nigeria's entire national budget for 2016 is 6 Trillion Naira. It is its highest budget ever.
In today's bank to bank rate, that's about 17Billion USD
On Friday November 28, 2014, just one company in America called Walmart, made sales of 8.5 Billion USD in a space of 24 hours.
Yes...you read it right just one company, Walmart, made sales as much as half of Nigeria's entire annual budget in a space of 24 hours.
And in case you need to know, Walmart makes annual sales in the region of 480 Billion USD.
Let me tell you what this means....please be prepared:
It means that one company alone, Walmart, from its revenue from one year only, could have financed Nigeria's budget from when I was born till date.
OK....let's move on....
Official figures say that America has over 2,000 (two thousand) cities. One of those cities is New York.
New York City's budget for 2016 is 73 Billion USD. Or Nigeria's national budget multiplied by four.
That means, that New York City alone, from its annual budget, can finance every single government expenditure of all governments (federal, state, and local governments) in the entire Nigeria for 4 whole years!
Just to add perspective, kindly note that New York is a municipality - our equivalent of Local government
Recall my numbers from above? Note that from just revenues for one single year, Walmart could have been able to fund Nigeria's budget from independence till date. Even with necessary adjustments for inflation and time value of money.
Understand the consequences of this? That one, (just one o!), well placed business in America, made more money in one year than Nigerian entire budget for last 56 years.
That's wealth creation the super entrepreneurs way. And Walmart is a &quot;super-enterprise&quot;
If we faced wealth creation via this vehicle I call &quot;super-enterprise&quot;, through the creation of new economies that crude oil would come only a very distant second to, we would be well on our way to global stardom.
However the know-how to create this kind of new wealth is locked away in people's brains. They need to be released. Hence.....your 200 million strong human assets are your most critical
And it is easier these days. Simply because of our brave new world propelled by brave new technologies. A flat world where goods and services can be produced anywhere and sold anywhere, at near zero delivery costs.
It means that our potential addressable market is suddenly closer to 7 billion people than it is to 200 million people.
And it means that the super enterprise way may have just been made easier to achieve...
And please note, all this shout about corruption this corruption that. Note that the source and focus of most of our corruption is crude oil and crude-oil-laden thinking. It is crude oil and Allied proceeds sharing that has led to most of the corruption we know today. So you can imagine that it is possible to drive a drastic reduction in corruption and like thinking with an approach that totally negates amd belittles crude oil
If China can make as money from ordinary pork meat as we make from crude oil, and Brazil can make double the money we make from crude oil, from that piece of edible grass called Sugar Cane, go figure!
#Curled#
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by emeijeh(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
Summarize please

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by pointblank247(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
food for thought undecidedfood for thought

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by Bravemargai(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
Really great post

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
emeijeh:
Summarize please

Just think Its time we realize the truth about who and where we are, how far we hv falling and to look inwards and see the strenght that lies in our diversity, to utilize our large human capital, and to realise that what we need to make the change lies within us.....
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 28, 2016
Solution: Nationalize in a developed nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2016
charix:
Solution: Nationalize in a developed nation.

Lol....buh u knw you can't solve an already existing problem by running away 4rm it
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by pappy4real(m): 9:48am On Aug 29, 2016
I know many youths won't even read this to the end. Yet the only youth who can red to liberation is the one who reads nd implements rich content.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
AustinStevens:

Lol....buh u knw you can't solve an already existing problem by running away 4rm it
I'm solving it only for my unborn generation. One can't solve problems influential people actively make money from.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
pappy4real:
I know many youths won't even read this to the end. Yet the only youth who can red to liberation is the one who reads nd implements rich content.

I concur sir!
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
But come to think of it guys....if you are opportune to be in the hem of affairs of this great nation what steps would you take to make desirable difference in this nation more especially in the area of economic growth and development.

I humbly awaits your comments.
Cc:
pappy4real:
Charix:
Emeijeh:
Bravemargai:
Pointblank247:
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by Bravemargai(m): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Sell out bonds to finish steel complex,put refineries in order,establish farm implement construction company, start extensive cassava,rice and yam farms.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
AustinStevens:
But come to think of it guys....if you are opportune to be in the hem of affairs of this great nation what steps would you take to make desirable difference in this nation more especially in the area of economic growth and development.

I humbly awaits your comments.
Cc:
pappy4real:
Charix:
Emeijeh:
Bravemargai:
Pointblank247:
I'd quote myself on this issue.

People've been typing advice to the government since pre-nairaland days - nothing. Leave matter for Mathias.
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2016
charix:

I'd quote myself on this issue.

....Lol. Will still love to know what u will do to make things better sir...
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Bravemargai:
Sell out bonds to finish steel complex,put refineries in order,establish farm implement construction company, start extensive cassava,rice and yam farms.

Great ideas sir! But I want to ask, how lucrative is Nigeria's bond especially with the current issues in Forex...and since our institution is weak how do u intend to achive those.
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by BiafraIShere(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2016
Human resources is what developed countries like Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong etc and that is what will develope Biafra as well because we have it in abundance too.
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
BiafraIShere:
Human resources is what developed countries like Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong etc and that is what will develope Biafra as well because we have it in abundance too.

True talk sir...but the main issue should be how to utilize this aboundant human capital....cuz In as much as it could help boost productivity it can aswell be a barrier to growth.
Re: Nigerians Need To Read This. by AustinStevens: 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
Knock! Knock! Lalasticlala:

(1) (Reply)

Four Die In Boat Mishap During Tompolo Father’s Burial / My Personal Chat With An Online Consultant On MMM / Why Do Nigerians Use The Word 'beg' To Describe The Actions Of Non-nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.